GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attempted abduction reported in Goffstown, NH today.

I'm sick with worry for Abby.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article...8/-1/NEWHAMPSHIRE14&template=newhampshire1408

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is scary after checking the maps.
The case you referenced is a definite abduction attempt in a rural looking area too. There did not appear to be too many houses at all where that attempted abduction took place.

I checked a map between that abduction attempt and North Conway, and highway 93 can be used most of the way between the 2 points. They dont seem to be too far apart considering if 93 was used.

It is very scary to think our case and that case could be related. It makes me wonder if LE knew of more cases of attempted abductions and maybe that is why a huge LE presence right at the beginning.

I hope we dont have a serial kidnapper making rounds around the White Mountain National Forest area and its surroundings.

My concern with that is they only keep those video's for a short amount of time. We did quite a bit of sluething with Isabelle Celis because video cameras caught several people on what turned out the wrong night.

But they keep taping over and over. I think 7 days is how long they keep them but perhaps somebody with more knowledge will bring us up to date on that one.

MOO

Also keep in mind, not all of those cameras that you see are actually recording. Many of them in retail stores are 'dummy' cameras put there just to deter theft. Usually the door and register cameras are recording. JMO

The case you referenced is a definite abduction attempt in a rural looking area too. There did not appear to be too many houses at all where that attempted abduction took place.

I checked a map between that abduction attempt and North Conway, and highway 93 can be used most of the way between the 2 points. They dont seem to be too far apart considering if 93 was used.

It is very scary to think our case and that case could be related. It makes me wonder if LE knew of more cases of attempted abductions and maybe that is why a huge LE presence right at the beginning.

I hope we dont have a serial kidnapper making rounds around the White Mountain National Forest area and its surroundings.

I can shed some light on this recent attempted abduction case as it took place WAY too close to home for me. I'd be lying if I didn't immediately think of Abby when I received the Nixle text/email from the police. I know the police here are taking it extremely seriously so I'd like to think Abby and this attempt having a connection have also crossed police minds. Dunno but it crossed mine. However...

We are approximately 1:30-1:45 minutes away from NC. All highway driving. Not a ready long drive, but not really 'convenient' either. Not one I look forward to, even to do the touristy things like Storyland, etc and I have a little guy. There certainly are more remote towns between the 2. The area where this attempt took place is also within walking distance to the city of Manchester. From the hill where she was walking, you can see the city lights.

The road she was walking does have houses lined on one side of the street and a large condo complex, where the other side of the street is lined with businesses and a few side streets of more business industrial buildings. It's a major pass through street, definitely one of the 'main' streets of town. There's also a Golds Gym very close to where the attempt was made. IMO, a stupid place to even attempt something like this as I'm sure someone saw something as they were driving by. Again, just MO but I don't think they are connected once I was really able to think about it...of course, I could just be putting my head in the sand since it's too close to home for me

I can shed some light on this recent attempted abduction case as it took place WAY too close to home for me. I'd be lying if I didn't immediately think of Abby when I received the Nixle text/email from the police. I know the police here are taking it extremely seriously so I'd like to think Abby and this attempt having a connection have also crossed police minds. Dunno but it crossed mine. However...

We are approximately 1:30-1:45 minutes away from NC. All highway driving. Not a ready long drive, but not really 'convenient' either. Not one I look forward to, even to do the touristy things like Storyland, etc and I have a little guy. There certainly are more remote towns between the 2. The area where this attempt took place is also within walking distance to the city of Manchester. From the hill where she was walking, you can see the city lights.

The road she was walking does have houses lined on one side of the street and a large condo complex, where the other side of the street is lined with businesses and a few side streets of more business industrial buildings. It's a major pass through street, definitely one of the 'main' streets of town. There's also a Golds Gym very close to where the attempt was made. IMO, a stupid place to even attempt something like this as I'm sure someone saw something as they were driving by. Again, just MO but I don't think they are connected once I was really able to think about it...of course, I could just be putting my head in the sand since it's too close to home for me

Thanks for the extra info. The map made the street look more open and rural than it is.

Hopefully the 2 cases are not related, as it would not bode well for AH if they were related.

I wish that article had a better description of the vehicle. Maybe an update will happen with a better description. It sounds like the poor woman almost didnt get away. Thank goodness she was able to get away.

Google, "Attempted abductions in NH". I was shocked to see how many there were in the past few years. VT and Boston too. I thought the same thing- no wonder so many LE showed up quickly.

I'm sorry about the multiple posts. My phone indicated that the attempts failed. I'm trying to figure out how to delete them. Any tips?

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131120/NEWS07/131129992

i'm not sure how i feel about this... i'm confused, this is just one of those cases that is not making a ton of sense to me anymore...... yes everyone should be vigilant,,,, ALWAYS vigilant, that is how to stay safe.... and parents should monitor their kids social media, but with some kids it is tougher to do so than it is with others..... uggghhhh I'm so sad for Abby and her family today.....
Abby girl, where are you!!!!!!!??????

i'm not sure how i feel about this... i'm confused, this is just one of those cases that is not making a ton of sense to me anymore...... yes everyone should be vigilant,,,, ALWAYS vigilant, that is how to stay safe.... and parents should monitor their kids social media, but with some kids it is tougher to do so than it is with others..... uggghhhh I'm so sad for Abby and her family today.....

<Snipped>

"We don't have any information of any significant danger (to the community) whatsoever," said Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young.

The last time I heard that was Alanna Gallaghers murder, people questioned just how they could say that when they had no POI or suspect, and well we found out why they said there was no threat to the community. Holder was their suspect from the very beginning, it was kept quiet until they went to arrest him and he shot an officer. :twocents:

Well just more fuel to the case of Abby being a runaway.

MOO

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/how-can-i-help-find-abby/

People have been extremely generous in their offers of help to get the word out about Abby and all of these efforts are truly appreciated. Here&#8217;s a quick list of tips on how you can help spread the word:

1) Report any tips immediately and confidentially to 1-800-225-5324. If for any reason you are not comfortable reporting them, send them to me and I will report them. Please don&#8217;t post them on Facebook first, report them. Don&#8217;t assume someone else reported them either. The FBI would rather get a tip twice than not at all Your tip could be the difference in finding Abby.

2) Print out some posters and put them up in your community. Train stations, bus stations, high traffic areas like malls are a great start. We just updated the posters with the website address and new photos. Click here for poster links.

3) Share Abby on your website, blog or e-newsletter. If you have some space on the sidebar of your blog or website and you wouldn&#8217;t mind giving some space to Abby, this is a great way to get her face out there. Best of all, it&#8217;s free!! Click here for pictures to use on blogs.

4) Share her photos on social media. Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ &#8211; where you have a social media presence, try and share something about Abby every couple of days. We have some pictures and some text you can share at our photos page.

[SNIPPED: READ MORE IDEAS ON THE WEBSITE]

Stay tuned for some more ideas soon. If you have your own thoughts or ideas, Fill out the Contact form. I love hearing from people.
Thank you all in your efforts to help find Abby. Together, remaining positive, communicating, sharing, posting and reporting tips, we will bring her home.
-Paul Kirsch

*****To access live/active links within text please visit the webpage*****

Well just more fuel to the case of Abby being a runaway.

MOO

i still really don't feel that she ran away though..... i mean i hope that's truly the case and that she is ok and in hiding, but it's been too long for a young girl to sustain this long without help from family and they appear to be avidly looking for her...... I know LE isn't saying anything publicly but they must have something.....

I can understand calming the nerves of this kids.... I can imagine how scared they are......

I know when I was a teen and I lost my best friend and the LE didn't make public who they were chasing down (even though they knew early on who they were after) I was TERRIFIED I couldn't sleep or eat would NOT leave my house DID NOT go to school..... and after a 3 day manhunt that took them from NH to MI and they had 3 in custody then the grieving process could fully begin and the feeling of being in danger was lifted...... these poor kids don't have that because it is unknown why Abby is missing.... my heart just breaks for all in her life

I'm so lost. How do the cases this random talking head worked on before he retired relate to Abby's case?

Sorry I'm not getting it. It's just not sinking in.

He's one of the people working on her case. I had said earlier in a post several pages back that they have the best of the best working on this case and I referenced an article (that at the time I couldnt' find) that one of the LE working the case had investigated six missing children cases and all six children had been found and returned home. Someone then asked me who it was and for the article I referenced, so I searched, found the article, posted the snippet of the article that pertained directly to that individual and then added the link to the entire article which went on to explain that this man (Barry) is a retired investigator and working on the AH case. Then honeybun felt that the article also lent credence to a runaway rather than an abduction and so on and so on.

Does anyone have a link to this article, re: retrieval of six missing kids?
Had any of them missing weeks on end? Are any circumstances of their being missing indicated? If the cases are not similar to this one, not sure why LE would mention this stat. JMO

But who would be hiding her (that she knows) & why after all this time??? Makes me believe it maybe a predictor as LE would have ALL her contacts & then some. However, we don't know if they are watching someone or at least we hope so, but I don't think she is a runaway in anyway given the family situation, etc.

I would be looking in TN and Texas. Dad's family comes to mind...the dad we never hear from and have not seen.

He's one of the people working on her case. I had said earlier in a post several pages back that they have the best of the best working on this case and I referenced an article (that at the time I couldnt' find) that one of the LE working the case had investigated six missing children cases and all six children had been found and returned home. Someone then asked me who it was and for the article I referenced, so I searched, found the article, posted the snippet of the article that pertained directly to that individual and then added the link to the entire article which went on to explain that this man (Barry) is a retired investigator and working on the AH case. Then honeybun felt that the article also lent credence to a runaway rather than an abduction and so on and so on.

Okay thanks. The article says he retired, and I don't see anything to indicate he's working on Abby's case. It looks (to me) like he's just a talking head they got to make general commentary, as the media frequently does on these cases. That's why I didn't get the jump to an indication that Abby was a runaway.

But, even if he was working on Abby's case, the 6 missing children he worked on having been found alive wouldn't indicate to me that Abby was a runaway (or any other specific type of missing child), because, according to the NCMEC/NISMART/DOJ published stats/studies, 99.4% of all missing children are returned home alive. (The other less than 1% are not all found deceased or not found, they include children found alive but not returned home (e.g. sent to state custody, incarcerated, etc.))

So I would expect that someone who's only worked only 6 missing children cases would have all 6 returned alive, regardless of case type.

Just my opinion.

i still really don't feel that she ran away though..... i mean i hope that's truly the case and that she is ok and in hiding, but it's been too long for a young girl to sustain this long without help from family and they appear to be avidly looking for her...... I know LE isn't saying anything publicly but they must have something.....

I can understand calming the nerves of this kids.... I can imagine how scared they are......

I know when I was a teen and I lost my best friend and the LE didn't make public who they were chasing down (even though they knew early on who they were after) I was TERRIFIED I couldn't sleep or eat would NOT leave my house DID NOT go to school..... and after a 3 day manhunt that took them from NH to MI and they had 3 in custody then the grieving process could fully begin and the feeling of being in danger was lifted...... these poor kids don't have that because it is unknown why Abby is missing.... my heart just breaks for all in her life

My heart says runaway.
My brain tells me abduction.

I wage my own battles within!

This is one strange case of Missing Abby!

I would be looking in TN and Texas. Dad's family comes to mind...the dad we never hear from and have not seen.

all the public does know about the dad is that LE says he and all family have been cooperative and that there is some privacy reason for him being mostly quiet.... i guess we just have to respect that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria