GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just rams it home to me that LE must have a POI, but cannot act on it yet as they don't have enough evidence to do so.
I strongly believe she is NOT a runaway.

The idea being a targeted rather than random abduction I take it. Her Mom had said that she "thinks her daughter got into a car with someone she either knew or a stranger, then quickly realized she was in trouble."

From the beginning I have clung to that one and only reference to befriending an "older boy" online. They could still be watching him, have suspicions, gut instinct, indications and still no'hard evidence'.

Every time I think of that I remember Nichole Cable who befriended a guy using a fake profile of a fellow student on Facebook.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...nh-girl-speaks-about-daughters-disappearance/

I was quite surprised to see they put the name of the bf of Abby's in the last article in the paper.

He is a minor and I was shocked they did that.

Sorry I am out of town but it was in one of the latest articles in the local paper.

Ok I found the article and here is the link. I am still shocked by this bit of news.

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131120/NEWS07/131129992&template=newhampshire1407

Anybody else notice that???
Some minors were identified by name when they spoke to reporters in on-camera interviews and in print. As far as I know Abigail's BF did not speak to the media. Was he identified by name in the published photos of the vigils?

When her BF's father was interviewed by a Union Leader reporter several days after Abby disappeared and discussed the heart text, did he identify his son by name?

Until recently I would have stated with certainty that media around NH would not identify a child in an image or video without a parent's permission. (Our children were in snippets on TV or newspaper photos for soft news/slow news day stories like skating on a pond on New Year's Day).

But recently I have been horrified by the Union Leader's actions in several instances. Last May, a 14-year-old girl was killed crossing a street after a carnival. Another girl was injured. There names were not released by authorities or their families. Within hours, the UL reporters published information from the FB page of the deceased girl's younger sister. An 11-year-old posting a photo of hands and saying she'd held her sister's hand as the hospital as she died.

Reporting social media posts, including minor's, is becoming common. It's deplorable! And, as we know, posts on SM are not necessarily accurate and posters are not always who they claim to be.

Yes, the BF was identified by name in the press within days of Abby's disappearance at the time his father spoke to the press. I recall because I was upset and wondering if we should be using his name on another site's discussion. But since his father apparently allowed press to identify him I sort of dropped it.

His name has been used in the press since October 15, 2013 and this article here: http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20131016/NEWS07/131019559/1024/NEWHAMPSHIRE1407

I dropped off of posting for a month because of some health issues, and I was so hoping she would be found -- regardless of how, where or why -- by the time I came back, if for nothing more than closure, at the least, for her family. I'm sad to know this isn't the case.

Is there an actual law against used minor names or is it just considered the "right" thing to do? Also, does the media actually need permission from the parents to use their child's name or could they trick the parents by making them say the kid's name on camera, and that would allow them to use it?

Is there an actual law against used minor names or is it just considered the "right" thing to do? Also, does the media actually need permission from the parents to use their child's name or could they trick the parents by making them say the kid's name on camera, and that would allow them to use it?

http://www.splc.org/knowyourrights/legalresearch.asp?id=29

Media has the right to use minors names, it is protected, according to this link, as long as obtained legally and truthfully reported.

Sometimes I feel like LE knows more. I.e has POI's, such as cases like Katelyn Markham, Hailey Dunn, Dylan and others, but just can't bring charges. I do not feel that way in Abigail's case, I truly feel they have no idea what became of her. JMO

http://www.splc.org/knowyourrights/legalresearch.asp?id=29

Media has the right to use minors names, it is protected, according to this link, as long as obtained legally and truthfully reported.

The only exception to this would be if a reporter was on a school property, where the school's policy of photographing and identifying of minors whose parents have not signed a media release at the beginning of the school year...... every publication I worked for either won't print minors names without parental permission, school media release signed by a parent and didn't identify minors who were victims unless they were missing or killed and do not identify minors under age 17 accused of a crime unless being charged as an adult

The idea being a targeted rather than random abduction I take it. Her Mom had said that she "thinks her daughter got into a car with someone she either knew or a stranger, then quickly realized she was in trouble."

From the beginning I have clung to that one and only reference to befriending an "older boy" online. They could still be watching him, have suspicions, gut instinct, indications and still no'hard evidence'.

Every time I think of that I remember Nichole Cable who befriended a guy using a fake profile of a fellow student on Facebook.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...nh-girl-speaks-about-daughters-disappearance/

It sounds like Abby's phone records and possibly the timing of her phone pinging at the ski resort led LE to believe she got into a car at some point, willingly. Maybe the last call dialed or text, indicated that Abby was reaching out for help. Heartbreaking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I figured they printed his name because dad was being interviewed and they had the same name.

Sometimes I feel like LE knows more. I.e has POI's, such as cases like Katelyn Markham, Hailey Dunn, Dylan and others, but just can't bring charges. I do not feel that way in Abigail's case, I truly feel they have no idea what became of her. JMO

That would lead one to the stranger abduction theory.

Would a teenage girl get into the car of a stranger?

That would lead one to the stranger abduction theory.

Would a teenage girl get into the car of a stranger?

well, just like her mom said in a CBS interview, "I would hope not" (that she got in the car with a stranger).
Abby seems smarter than that IMO.... I do still worry of a stranger abduction though, like was someone watching her from afar? Maybe come to find out that this perp even met her once or twice through an adult she knows, they offer her a ride and she thinks it's safe to accept, but then "quickly realized she was in trouble".

The one back in 2012 almost didn't get away either. He asked if she wanted a ride, then grabbed her. Her face smashed in to the door and he took off. Both white guys, both 4 door sedans...one dark, one green. Could be the same.

The green car attempted abduction was a false report. It was in my neighborhood. Originally police came door to door and were stationed at bus stops in the neighborhood. I called in a tip of an unfamiliar car matching the description and I was told it was determined yo be a false report by a young girl who missed the bus and was afraid to go home and tell mom she missed the bus again.

It's maddening that people make false reports to try to get out of something...... ugghhh!!!!
look at Abby's situation..... clearly this is no false report and I am sure that if anyone reported an attempted abduction in Conway right around now, to find out it was false they would be prosecuted!!!!!

Likely not willingly, surely?

An abused teen may willingly, at least initially, get into the car of a stranger.

Many theories as to why this phenomenon occurs- has to do with boundary issues. Inability to say "no" to authority figures/adults. Repetition compulsion- repeatedly placing yourself in a dangerous situations, subconsciously hoping the original trauma will turn out differently this time (powerful v. powerless). Impulsivity.

Kids who were abused are statistically more likely to run away and be victims of abduction.

That said, LE isn't releasing personal info about Abby, so no telling if this is the case.

The green car attempted abduction was a false report. It was in my neighborhood. Originally police came door to door and were stationed at bus stops in the neighborhood. I called in a tip of an unfamiliar car matching the description and I was told it was determined yo be a false report by a young girl who missed the bus and was afraid to go home and tell mom she missed the bus again.

Thank you for this update. At least we know one of the reports was not accurate.

That recent one sounds real scary though. When someone tries to abduct someone and fails, it is worrying because they may be more determined now to try to succeed. I hope that newer case is not related to AH case as it would be bad news.

The boldness of these types of creeps is amazing. They need to find whoever tried to abduct that woman.

With regard to the surveillance video picture of Abby leaving the school that day, does anyone think that her eyes look heavily made up. It could just be the light and shade or bad video, but I have thought everytime I see that picture that her eyes look heavily made up.
Any photoshop people following that can lighten pics etc etc to see things we can't see from the released pic?

I think it is just a low quality video camera. Blurred from movement, too. Schools aren't into high quality, heavy surveillance... not around here anyway!

She also has no nose nor mouth.... just sayin ;) (I don't think there is a way to photo shop that back to reality, but if possible, I have a suspicion we'd just see a kid walking out of school anyway....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension