GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the comments on her Ask page about her arms and her response my impression was that it was classic facetiousness - the irony being that it is SO Not her. IMO

Plus cutting is an extremely sensitive subject and would have been very hurtful if it were serious. I didn't get the same feel from her reaction as I did from the harassment posts. That all was just creepy.

I have not gotten any impression from her or anyone that she is depressed. Introverted, perhaps.

JMO

My grandchildren were here over Thanksgiving. They go to three different high schools in two different states.

I asked them about cutting. They all cringed and said it is quite the thing. Many do it for attention. Then they started talking about there was some kind of 'If you like Justin Bieber...cut yourself' going around.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...g-topic-draws-shock-outrage-article-1.1235624

I always thought the cutting was on their arms but they told me the cutters they knew of used their wrists. I said 'if they cut their wrists they would die'?

My point is cutting is not something still whispered about...it's real and it's being done every day. It's the popular thing to do among some groups in our schools. UGG.

Yes, I think it was on her twitter feed. I'm not sure she mentioned where she was parked at the time, behind the walmart or in the regular parking lot.

Who was parked?

Thanks. So if Walmart was a normal spot for her, could she have met up with a trucker? That's a quick way out of town.

Great minds...could she have met up with some trucker that promised her a ride to TN or Texas? Could she have been meeting him on a regular basis and became comfortable with him?

The mind goes in so many directions with the speculation of it all!

That's an interesting idea. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a decent PR firm? How much is the reward in this case?

I have no idea what the cost would be. I think there are many small PR firms that would be reasonably priced. Just having people who have training/education in the media could be very beneficial. Even if they can only hire a PR firm for a couple of weeks or a month, that would still work out well. With enough publicity, it would take not long for a case to become very well-known within a city, state, region, or even the entire country. This is a case where the regional media is still interested, yet it seems that most people in NE (and even in NH) don't know about it, so there's obviously a disconnect there.

Her mother said she wasn't on any organized sports teams. Perhaps she ran track or cross country in middle school, but I haven't read anything about whether she did or not. She had only been a freshman for a month before she disappeared, and according to her mom she wasn't on a team at the time. Her mother did say she was a runner and a skier (but you don't have to be on a school team to do those things).

Yes she was xcountry in middle school http://www.coolrunning.com/results/12/nh/Oct9_Belmon_set3.shtml

Asking if that was a trail used by the xcountry team wondering if she may have been meeting a friend who was running the trails or if she ran that trail as a routine to keep in shape (might explain why she was walking home instead of riding like her mother told her to, and might also explain why she was behind walmart - maybe looking for a friend). Kids in xcountry run all year, or at least they should! They have to keep their endurance up, and I train my kids all year, even during the summer break. XC also starts at the beginning of the school year. A lot of people confuse XC with track/field. Track/field is after XC.

Okay, I used the tip line. I just felt strange calling. If anyone else wants the info to call, feel free to PM me.

Who was parked?

I was wondering whether there were often cars parked behind Walmart for people using the trails that run behind Walmart (people are directed to park there to use the trails in the Green Hills Preserve). Another poster remembered AH posting at one time about the Walmart parking lot and being surrounded by trucks. I remember the post from her twitter feed, but I'm not sure she was talking about the parking lot behind Walmart. I'm wondering if it's common for people to park there to use the trails because if AH was behind the Walmart that day she might not notice a car parked behind there if that's a place where people routinely park. Around where I live, if a car were parked behind the Walmart, I'd steer clear of it because it would be unusual, but it sounds like where AH is from, it may be common practice for cars to park there to access the preserve.

Okay, I used the tip line. I just felt strange calling. If anyone else wants the info to call, feel free to PM me.

at best it's a cruel joke. I'm relieved you called, because even if it's a cruel joke, it needs to be addressed.

Thanks. So if Walmart was a normal spot for her, could she have met up with a trucker? That's a quick way out of town.

I'm thinking more along the lines of someone shoving her into a car or calling her over on the pretense that they weren't local and asking questions about the trail and gaining her trust so she entered the car willingly. Anyone seeing it may have thought nothing of it if people park back there all the time, and she might not have thought anything of it if it were common to run into people back there or, even worse, if it were someone she knew and trusted.

Yes she was xcountry in middle school http://www.coolrunning.com/results/12/nh/Oct9_Belmon_set3.shtml

Asking if that was a trail used by the xcountry team wondering if she may have been meeting a friend who was running the trails or if she ran that trail as a routine to keep in shape (might explain why she was walking home instead of riding like her mother told her to, and might also explain why she was behind walmart - maybe looking for a friend). Kids in xcountry run all year, or at least they should! They have to keep their endurance up, and I train my kids all year, even during the summer break. XC also starts at the beginning of the school year. A lot of people confuse XC with track/field. Track/field is after XC.

She wasn't wearing running clothes when she was last seen, though, and she was wearing boots on her feet, not running shoes. If she was meeting someone after school for a run, wouldn't she have changed her clothes before she left the school? I think if LE thought it was likely that she had changed into running clothes that day, they probably would have included a description of those clothes in her missing flyer, but there's been no mention of that anywhere by LE or her mother.

I found the twitter post about being in a parking lot. It was at home depot and the trucks were pickup trucks.

She wasn't wearing running clothes when she was last seen, though, and she was wearing boots on her feet, not running shoes. If she was meeting someone after school for a run, wouldn't she have changed her clothes before she left the school? I think if LE thought it was likely that she had changed into running clothes that day, they probably would have included a description of those clothes in her missing flyer, but there's been no mention of that anywhere by LE or her mother.

Meeting a friend, a friend from XC. Again, does the XC team use these trails for training? AH was on the XC team in middle school, chances are she made friends with a few fellow runners. It might follow that that one of those friends or more were on the HS XC team that year. So, if the HS XC team uses the those trails and she knew they would be using those trails and she wanted to catch a friend, might she perhaps meet them behind the walmart on her way home from school? Not saying she wants to run with them, she's looking to connect with them, meet them, meet up to go to DD or chat about boys or talk about an issue or something that happened during the day, etc. Just trying to understand why she might have gone behind Walmart. AH was supposed to be on the bus, why wasn't she? Why go behind Walmart? Why was there a search behind Walmart? What goes on behind Walmart? Do kids typically meet back there? Drugs? Alcohol? Is it a teenage hookup place? Trying to figure out why she would be there, and not on the bus. LE has said she routinely walked home, but Mom says she took the bus. Did she, for some reason that particular day, not take the bus? And if so what was the reason for going behind the Walmart? If she ran the trails behind Walmart often to keep in shape, someone may have been waiting for her, even if on that particular day she wasn't running. Maybe that day she had planned to meet someone she knew back there, someone who did run like a friend on the XC team, someone who she became friends with while she was on the XC team in middle school, and someone she was still friends with. Not saying that person had anything to do with her abduction, but it would explain why she was there at that time that day. If it's also a place she routinely used to keep her training up, then someone may have been watching and stalking and planning an abduction.
I agree with Stele about that 14 minutes between the last text and the time the phone went off the grid. I think she got into trouble immediately after that last text (the heart to JCjr) and in that 14 mins her phone was disabled. Perhaps by someone she met behind the Walmart? Not sure where she would have been at the moment of that last text if you use the route LE said she took home.

I found the twitter post about being in a parking lot. It was at home depot and the trucks were pickup trucks.

Ah. So we'll x that one! I'm not sure it would have had any significance since the place they suggest people park for the Green Hills Preserve is BEHIND the Walmart Store. It really need a local to say how many vehicles might typically be parked back there on any given day. Locals would know if it's a routine place people park to access the Green Hills Preserve trails.

and this is a map released by the FBI of where they focused their search for AH
41d53807-494b-448f-933f-e6127172a681_500.jpg

and a map of the Green Hills Preserve
MAP3.JPG

looks like they focused their search on the area around the power lines within the Green Hills Preserve.

Ok, so back to my question from last week sometime- where are the polygraph tests, and why haven't we heard about anyone taking one, and what the results were? That's one of the first things you hear about in these investigations of missing people, is the polygraph's.

If they think she was abducted, who are their persons of interest? They have to have SOMEBODY they have in mind. If they don't think she was abducted but left on her own, then why not just say so? By staying silent, they are putting clouds of suspicion over people who may not even deserve it.

Where is her father? Other than a couple of facebook posts, one a letter, the other a rant about the lack of an Amber alert, he's not been heard from. No plea in front of the camera- only the mother and sister have done so, and very little, mind you.

Where is the media attention to this case? The media usually is all over cases like this, at times, naming their own POI or they'll post their own opinions/suspicions about the case. I can't believe that all these people have been so quiet, when in past cases, you couldn't pay them enough to shut up, even if it hurt the case. This, to me, just seems so odd.

I didn't know that the route home that she took was the XC trail that they run on daily to train for the races. So, I wonder, did they stop the kids from running that trail after she disappeared?

I didn't know that the route home that she took was the XC trail that they run on daily to train for the races. So, I wonder, did they stop the kids from running that trail after she disappeared?

I don't know that it was, I was asking if the route she took home was the XC trail that they run on daily for races.

Where is the media attention to this case? The media usually is all over cases like this, at times, naming their own POI or they'll post their own opinions/suspicions about the case. I can't believe that all these people have been so quiet, when in past cases, you couldn't pay them enough to shut up, even if it hurt the case. This, to me, just seems so odd.

The media in NH did give a lot of attention to this case, but there has been no new information from LE in weeks (either because no leads have panned out or because they don't have any additional information that they can share with the public), so that's why there hasn't been much media coverage lately. The most likely reason people have been quiet (I'm assuming you're referring to people in the North Conway area) is they simply don't know anything and don't want to spread unsubstantiated rumors. Frankly, I don't see any benefit to spreading rumors/suspicions, so it's just as well people aren't doing that in the media.

The media would have no way of knowing who any persons of interest are unless LE names someone, and LE hasn't named anyone as a POI. The media cannot "name their own POI" because if they did so, they could be sued for libel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee