GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious, too, why WalMart was deemed as an important area to search. Since the beginning, there have been posts here asking what the skinny is on that particular spot. And, I don't believe they've ever been answered. AFAIK, there has been no information released by LE as to a tip coming in or if they just guessed based on some hunch. I'm guessing there was something that led them there so quickly and I wonder what it was. (Same goes for Pudding Pond, for me. Did LE search there because it was the closest body of water or because they had a tip?)

That being said, I can't wrap my head around AH meeting an XC friend, or any school friend, there that day. It's all speculation, of course, but IMO, if she was going to meet someone and didn't show, her friend would have been involved publicly from the beginning. "Yeah, we were supposed to meet up and she never showed. I kept texting her but she never replied. We should have just walked together from school." It would be too convoluted to make any sense, IMO. Now, was she meeting someone else there? Well, again, if she was, and nothing nefarious was going on, that person, too, IMO, would have come forward.

I completely agree that those 14 minutes are critical and that something happened out of her control shortly after she sent the last text.

Bring Abby Home!!

harumph, makes sense if she were meeting a friend there they would have said something and it would have been part of the timeline. My mind spins, just not always productively LOL. I found it interesting that a set of trails is the basic area that LE focused their searches on. I'm wondering if that trail I referenced in my post is significant somehow.

NG works for a major network that has a lot of money to pay lawyers if there is a lawsuit Small-town newspapers are shrinking and many of them don't even make a profit, so they are more worried about being sued than CNN or other tv networks are. A newspaper reporter is more likely to lose his/her job over printing something the paper can be sued over than a major network host is.

I wonder what their liability is with comments posted under their articles?

Those are sometimes interesting to read!

I think it's about opinion too. NG isn't a news agency, she's just a person with a show who voices her opinion and people are allowed to do that. A newspaper isn't, unless it's an editorial.

Correct :)

I'm curious, too, why WalMart was deemed as an important area to search. Since the beginning, there have been posts here asking what the skinny is on that particular spot. And, I don't believe they've ever been answered. AFAIK, there has been no information released by LE as to a tip coming in or if they just guessed based on some hunch. I'm guessing there was something that led them there so quickly and I wonder what it was. (Same goes for Pudding Pond, for me. Did LE search there because it was the closest body of water or because they had a tip?)

That being said, I can't wrap my head around AH meeting an XC friend, or any school friend, there that day. It's all speculation, of course, but IMO, if she was going to meet someone and didn't show, her friend would have been involved publicly from the beginning. "Yeah, we were supposed to meet up and she never showed. I kept texting her but she never replied. We should have just walked together from school." It would be too convoluted to make any sense, IMO. Now, was she meeting someone else there? Well, again, if she was, and nothing nefarious was going on, that person, too, IMO, would have come forward.

Remember, LE has never said she went behind WalMart. We only know LE searched there.

I completely agree that those 14 minutes are critical and that something happened out of her control shortly after she sent the last text.

Bring Abby Home!!

Walmart might be important if they saw anything on those video cameras that has not been revealed to JQ Public as of now.

Pudding pond seems to be how far she MIGHT have traveled according to the excellent post upthread about walking and texting.

Just my :twocents:

BBM
Why wouldn't she be able to confirm it? A simple phone call would do the trick.
Are these parents not able to speak to each other?

And if that's true.......WHY?

Sorry to be a pain, but it's driving me crazy- what does BBM mean? I'm usually pretty good at figuring out acronyms, but not tonight, lol! When I looked up the acronym, it didn't have just BBM but BBMFIC- the first three words were Big Bad Mother, and I am quiet sure you don't mean that. :floorlaugh: Thanks!

Oh, and I agree, why didn't she just confirm it was his page with a simple phone call? She did say that those were his pictures of Abby and her sister Sarah on his page, and honestly, I do think it is him, because who else would have those photos in their possession?

Walmart might be important if they saw anything on those video cameras that has not been revealed to JQ Public as of now.

Pudding pond seems to be how far she MIGHT have traveled according to the excellent post upthread about walking and texting.

Just my :twocents:

I think Danak said there weren't any cameras behind walmart in that back parking lot. So I'm not sure they have anything.

Sorry to be a pain, but it's driving me crazy- what does BBM mean? I'm usually pretty good at figuring out acronyms, but not tonight, lol! When I looked up the acronym, it didn't have just BBM but BBMFIC- the first three words were Big Bad Mother, and I am quiet sure you don't mean that. :floorlaugh: Thanks!

Oh, and I agree, why didn't she just confirm it was his page with a simple phone call? She did say that those were his pictures of Abby and her sister Sarah on his page, and honestly, I do think it is him, because who else would have those photos in their possession?

Bolded By Me - used when you bold a sentence in quoted text.

I am now of the opinion that Abby disappeared into thin air! Poof she was gone!!!!!

Does anyone have a link to the article where authorities supposedly say, RH is not a POI? I remember reading that the family was cooperative but nothing saying they were cleared, etc.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they have ever named anybody a person of interest and I don't think anybody's been cleared.

As for me I would poly RH AND RG and any other male that might have visited the Hernandez home in the last 3 months.

I would poly the whole C family just because Abby spent her Summer there and also any of their male friends that were around Abby during that time!

I still really don't feel that she ran away..... I think there is more to this situation than that.... I think that anything abby's mom and dad have said publicly have been very carefully chosen words for the sake of their daughter's safety

I completely agree.

I don't think that a 14 yr old who has never run away before, would have the fore sight to remove the battery from their phone -or dump it in water- in order to prevent being tracked. Most of the people I know (hubby included) don't even realize that they can be tracked by their cell phone. Only criminals and LE seem to pay attention to details like that.

Most 14 yr olds run away to get their parents attention and make a statement. Not to run off and never be heard from again.

I really think abduction, but I also think there is a possibility of bullying at school. There was a reason why Abby didn't ride the bus home. Maybe someone or a group of someone's were bullying her, followed her home and the bullying got too rough? Maybe they just chased her and she fell and got injured pretty badly? I really think they need to check the area between school and walmart very thoroughly again before the snows fall.

Praying for Abby and her family

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

BBM (Bolded By Me)

She absolutely confirmed it. Where did that come from?

"Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, confirmed that her husband, Ruben Hernandez, was the one who posted the letter and is the likely owner of the Facebook page with his name, which features numerous photos of Abigail and her sister, Sarah, when they were children"

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131104/NEWS07/131109727/

BBM (Bolded By Me)

She absolutely confirmed it. Where did that come from?

"Abigail's mother, Zenya Hernandez, confirmed that her husband, Ruben Hernandez, was the one who posted the letter and is the likely owner of the Facebook page with his name, which features numerous photos of Abigail and her sister, Sarah, when they were children"

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131104/NEWS07/131109727/

ZH confirmed that RH had those pictures of AH and therefore felt it was likely him, but the article goes on to say:

FBI Agent Kieran Ramsey said law enforcement paid close attention to the online vigil and took note of Ruben Hernandez's post.

"I can't confirm that it was him, but we are aware of the post," he said.

Apparently they haven't spoken with RH to confirm that the post is his, they're assuming it is because of the pics he posted on the fb page that were likely his. This is the problem when journalists put their opinion on what someone says rather than just writing what someone says. ZH didn't say she confirmed it, the journalist feels she was confirming it. I know there's another article in which they merely wrote what ZH said, which was something along the lines of not being sure, but since he posted childhood pics of her that she knew RH owned, it probably was him but she hadn't spoken with him so she wasn't sure.

Thinking along the lines of abduction by stranger or acquaintance, I found this description about how Castro lured two of his victims into his car. The third was lured by promises to see new puppies in his home.

"Castro allegedly ensnared his victims by luring them into his car. Berry told police that she was walking home from work at Burger King when Castro pulled over to offer her a ride home, claiming that his son also worked at the restaurant."

"Gina DeJesus, who vanished in 2004 while she was walking home from school, told police that Castro initially approached her in his car with his daughter, whom DeJesus reportedly knew well. DeJesus said Castro later returned in his car alone and said he would drive her to his house so the girls could hang out."

Wondering if Abby could have been lured by a friend's dad or older brother...

I completely agree.

I don't think that a 14 yr old who has never run away before, would have the fore sight to remove the battery from their phone -or dump it in water- in order to prevent being tracked. Most of the people I know (hubby included) don't even realize that they can be tracked by their cell phone. Only criminals and LE seem to pay attention to details like that.

Most 14 yr olds run away to get their parents attention and make a statement. Not to run off and never be heard from again.

I really think abduction, but I also think there is a possibility of bullying at school. There was a reason why Abby didn't ride the bus home. Maybe someone or a group of someone's were bullying her, followed her home and the bullying got too rough? Maybe they just chased her and she fell and got injured pretty badly? I really think they need to check the area between school and walmart very thoroughly again before the snows fall.

Praying for Abby and her family

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Everything above is JMO!

Good point about the phone. I agree not many 14 yr. olds would know they could be traced through their phone and if they did how many teenagers do you know that would destroy a phone. It is like a body part to them.

When I read both letters from Abby's parents I couldn't help but think their was some kind of message to Abby or to the person who has her. Are they giving an abductor a way out to returning her by saying she ran away and just showed up at their door. Do they think she is with a family member or someone they know?. It is very confusing on how little they are telling the public when the public is just what they need in my opinion..

I do think the FB pages from her BFF's family and the Bring Abby home are very heartwarming and shows people do care about her.. The ideas to get her picture and story out there are amazing.. Metal signs to attach to cars, fliers, and then they are asking people who have mail order businesses to enclose a book marker that has her photo and story in the package. Thank God for people like them and I'm praying it will help to bring her home.

I don't think the letters written by Abby's parents are crafted, with the influence of LE, to speak to her potential captor. It would be irresponsible to tell the public there's no threat to the community on one hand, while on the other, directing the parents to write in such a way to humanize her to a predator.

Also, most perps are Narcissists, at the very least. The best way to negotiate with them is by speaking to them directly, acknowledging their power and control. I did a quick search on this topic and found an excerpt from a book, Kidnapping: An Investigator's Guide to Profiling By Diana M. Concannon. The fourth paragraph, beginning with Stockholm Syndrome explains this tactic.
u4a4e2yd.jpg

All of this to say, LE's message, "No threat to community" and Abby's parents letters have me leaning back towards the runaway theory. If they don't have a decent amount of evidence pointing in that direction, I don't understand why LE hasn't taken a more aggressive approach in this investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member