GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she even knew a zip code or complete address. Do kids know any of that anymore or do they just look it up as needed?

News in RI put a small segment on about her at noon today.. I'm hoping other states did the same.. Might be a good time for Nancy Grace to do a follow up..

We have 56 guests.

Please become a WS member and join us in our discussion!

If Abby is alive and okay, it is extremely probable that she is with an adult who is providing her shelter, clothing, food, etc. I do wonder how much freedom she has though (i.e., if she is with an adult, does he/she go to work during the day?)

I wonder if Abby has read here. PLEASE contact your mother again, Abby. She is hurting so bad and needs to know you are still okay. Your family would love to spend Christmas with you.

I wonder if she even knew a zip code or complete address. Do kids know any of that anymore or do they just look it up as needed?

IMO, a 14/15-year-old would know their own zip code. They would have to fill out their address on forms at the doctor's office, at school, when doing online shopping, etc.

While teens today may not communicate via snail-mail very often, I do know several teens who write and send thank you notes in the mail after being given birthday or Christmas gifts… so they are certainly very familiar with sending letters for that purpose. IDK about Abby personally though.

JMO:seeya:

You could be right...how does LE know for sure that the letter isn't a hoax or written by Abbie under duress (as in kidnapper made her write it with a gun to her head, etc)

IIRC Jane Young said the experts who looked at the letter felt the "tone" of the letter was consistent with what Abigail could have written. She still could have been forced to write it but it probably wasn't dictated word for word.

So sad that it took 1 month to verify that Abby authored the letter. I'm sure they are raking over the electronic devices. The person who has Abby surely contacted her via the phone/Internet. I pray that she is safe and can return to her family soon.

It feels even more like someone has her now. And it's very scary.
This does remind me that we truly have no idea what goes on behind the
scenes and that LE always has more cards than they are showing.

I pray Abby is still alive.

not quite caught up this morning and haven't been a regular commenter in Abby's case, but have read all posts in her threads.

From day one, I thought and said an online "friend" lured her away willingly. I am still there and see that several of you are also. No matter the situation here, it is sad for all involved and it is no fun to be so matter of fact that she left with a "friend" she met online. I do think that she will turn up alive.

But I also wondered and continue to wonder how they know she is not with her phone. They seem confident in this assertion and it just seems like there has to be more to that. How can they know that if it is not pinging anywhere? Weird.

The fact that she hadn't packed is odd. If she was planning on running away you would think she would take something with her, extra clothes, momentos, something.

That makes me think she didn't intend to be gone for long, or she intended to meet this person but not leave even for the night.

I have two daughters around Abby's age. If they took a few articles of clothes with them I would have absolutely no idea they were missing. They have so many clothes there would be no way to figure it out. Even when they pack for a week vacation you would not be able to tell by looking through their closets and drawers.

So sad that it took 1 month to verify that Abby authored the letter. I'm sure they are raking over the electronic devices. The person who has Abby surely contacted her via the phone/Internet. I pray that she is safe and can return to her family soon.

Did they say it took one month? My sense was that they just chose to release info about te letter to the public now, for whatever reason, but knew who wrote it some time ago.

Color me very confused, but where oh where did the rumor start about Zenya receiving a phone call from Abby?

I now think it is more important than ever for Abby to get national coverage. She really could be anywhere by now...

The letter was "received" on 11/06/2013 and the presser was on 12/06/2013. Coincidence?

Color me very confused, but where oh where did the rumor start about Zenya receiving a phone call from Abby?
Initial reports (before the presser) were that Abby had made contact (nonspecific) with Zenya, and I guess some assumed it was a phone call.

people took the limited info from yesterday "in contact" to mean phone call, although LE was very non specific and gave no clue as to the method of contact.

I hate when despite best efforts to control it, rumor, speculation and assumption grow legs.

The letter was "received" on 11/06/2013 and the presser was on 12/06/2013. Coincidence?

No coincidence, makes too much sense now. I think what was said in the letter to abby from mom, was a reflection on what was said in the letter from abby. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487