GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a stamp used for posting? If so DNA May been obtained from the back of the stamp if licked.

Perhaps at the time the letter was written, she felt that way. Perhaps she was coerced to feel that way by an adult. Perhaps now she no longer does but it's too late to get out of whatever situation she's in.

Someone with their own postage machine or access to one. I have one. It spits out a date on the postage and never gets another postmark. I know because I get returned SASEs all the time as well as correspondence from other atrorneys with their own postage meters. But I could stamp it and hold it, not mailing it for days or even months.

Oh, wow, interesting. I had never even thought of that, thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Abbie was abducted by a stranger. I think the letter was written by the kidnapper and today's PC was an attempt by le to get the kidnapper to make another move.

You could be right...how does LE know for sure that the letter isn't a hoax or written by Abbie under duress (as in kidnapper made her write it with a gun to her head, etc)

Was a stamp used for posting? If so DNA May been obtained from the back of the stamp if licked.

I think almost all stamps today are peel and stick.

During a press conference Friday, officials said they believe Abigail Hernandez wrote a letter postmarked on Oct. 23 that was received by her mother on Nov. 6. There was a delay in receiving the letter because it was sent to a P.O. box that is not checked daily.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...her-mom-after-her-disappearance#ixzz2miS9baNc

There is nothing in this article that says it was sent to a PO box owned by mom. DO NOT suggest mom is responsible for any of this, there is no support from LE or MSM.

Whomever this adult is who is harboring her is pretty savvy - had her discard her phone in Conway, managed to delete or disguise any communication during the planning of this, has evaded even the FBI for 2 months, etc. This person isn't stupid.

This. I'm a long-time lurker, first time poster, and I just can't help but think whoever she is with wasn't behind the sending of the letter. I know we don't know the length or content of the letter, but assuming she is with someone, I'd imagine that person had to know she was writing a letter (and possibly even made her write it). She'd need the time to write it, paper, something to write with, an envelope, and the postage -- things that if she was being held against her will, I can only see her having if someone gave to her/helped her get. I hope she's okay and that she wasn't forced to send out a letter to make it look like she's okay, but a big part of me sadly thinks that the letter was part of some big plan of whoever is behind all of this to throw LE off.

Just my :twocents:. Everything is IMO, MOO.

Perhaps at the time the letter was written, she felt that way. Perhaps she was coerced to feel that way by an adult. Perhaps now she no longer does but it's too late to get out of whatever situation she's in.

Someone with their own postage machine or access to one. I have one. It spits out a date on the postage and never gets another postmark. I know because I get returned SASEs all the time as well as correspondence from other atrorneys with their own postage meters. But I could stamp it and hold it, not mailing it for days or even months.

If you look closely at your postage you will see the amount of postage, the date it was printed, and numbers that identify the owner of the meter to the post office.. It saves on fraud.. So if it did have a meter strip they would know more then from a stamp..

I can't help but wonder why it was Jane who implored her to reach out again and didn't have her mother do it during the presser.

During a press conference Friday, officials said they believe Abigail Hernandez wrote a letter postmarked on Oct. 23 that was received by her mother on Nov. 6. There was a delay in receiving the letter because it was sent to a P.O. box that is not checked daily

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...her-mom-after-her-disappearance#ixzz2miS9baNc

<modsnip>

It would make sense for her father to have a PO Box in NH, since he does not live there full time. My ex husband travels extensively for business and has a PO Box so his mail isn't left sitting in the mail box in front of his house for weeks at a time.

What was the date when her father came out with his statement?

Whomever this adult is who is harboring her is pretty savvy - had her discard her phone in Conway, managed to delete or disguise any communication during the planning of this, has evaded even the FBI for 2 months, etc. This person isn't stupid.

Sometimes the best way to stay under the radar is to be in plain sight. Who would think the new people who moved in down the street were being sought by the police. Shawn Hornbeck eventually was allowed sleepovers at his friend's house. And even when people commented on his resemblance, they didn't report it because it would be absurd for a kidnapped person to be visiting them.

Plus, around here (southern NH) I wouldn't know most of my neighbors. Our side of the street is woods. So I can't see many comings and goings during the day. The other side is more open, less trees, but it still is not a neighborhood. Even those that I do know or know their names or faces or cars, I don't know anything about them.

There are developments in town that are more like the neighborhoods people imagine, where everyone knows each other and the kids play together, at least initially, because they all moved in at the same time. But even friends who live in those developments have noted how much less of a community feeling it has as the kids grow up and houses turn over.

I think it would be incredibly easy for AH to be living anywhere without ever being seen by anyone. Not necessarily confined to the house, just someplace with privacy. As long as someone she is with has the money for food and fuel. Think of all the sparsely populated areas and the tiny cabins hidden in the Great North Woods.

The Yankee temperment could make it even harder to find AH. We discussed how New Englanders value our privacy before. We don't want to pry into people's private affairs. I heard the editor of Yankee magazine relate how he was asked in Minnesota about New Englanders being standoffish. He said that's not it, we just follow the golden rule. When new neighbors move in, we treat them the way we want to be treated and leave them alone.

All I can add to that is that I wouldn't even know my neighbors and I am a nice, friendly person. On a walk last year, I stopped in front of a house with a for sale sign 2 houses away from mine to greet what I thought was a new neighbor. Turns out it was the neighbor who was selling and had lived there longer than me (20+ years).

New Englanders would do anything to help someone in trouble but we don't want to interfer if things seem normal. My conclusion is it wouldn't take much for AH to be "hidden" in plain sight.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/24...her-mom-after-her-disappearance#ixzz2miS9baNc

There is nothing in this article that says it was sent to a PO box owned by mom. DO NOT suggest mom is responsible for any of this, there is no support from LE or MSM.

If Mom did have a PO Box Postal Inspectors would have been waiting everyday for the mail to arrive.. Take my word for it as I am a postal worker and I can tell you they are on top of everything.. I don't know why it took so long for her Mom to get it but I'm guessing it was sent to someone else and then forwarded to her Mom..

Her Mom looks like she is ready to just drop from exhaustion.. I pray who ever has her finds some heart and lets her go..

November 4/5th/2013:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/abigail-hernandezs-father-writes-letter-missing-daughter-20789914

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost...ez/-/11984708/22804936/-/6w3feyz/-/index.html

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/11/05/father-of-missing-nh-girl-pleads-for-sign-his-daughter-is-ok/

And the alleged letter suddenly appears on 11/6?

This would be prior to LE knowing of the AH letter. I would say either RH received prior to ZH and/or the search will intensify in TX.

It would make sense for her father to have a PO Box in NH, since he does not live there full time. My ex husband travels extensively for business and has a PO Box so his mail isn't left sitting in the mail box in front of his house for weeks at a time.

Look at the links Assist1 provided in the quote above. The father's letter came out two days before AH's letter was "received".

It could be as simple as putting the wrong box number on the envelope or just the steet address and no PO Box number. Every condo complex has their own mail system and at her age she has probably not mailed many letters.
I am just happy she made contact, it makes me believe there is a lot of information on her computer/laptop etc that we are not seeing released. It does not mean she is 100% safe but I am now convinced she was walking home that day specifically to meet up with someone.

November 4/5th/2013:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/abigail-hernandezs-father-writes-letter-missing-daughter-20789914

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost...ez/-/11984708/22804936/-/6w3feyz/-/index.html

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/11/05/father-of-missing-nh-girl-pleads-for-sign-his-daughter-is-ok/

And the alleged letter suddenly appears on 11/6?

This would be prior to LE knowing of the AH letter. I would say either RH received prior to ZH and/or the search will intensify in TX.

See links above.

If Mom did have a PO Box Postal Inspectors would have been waiting everyday for the mail to arrive.. Take my word for it as I am a postal worker and I can tell you they are on top of everything.. I don't know why it took so long for her Mom to get it but I'm guessing it was sent to someone else and then forwarded to her Mom..

Her Mom looks like she is ready to just drop from exhaustion.. I pray who ever has her finds some heart and lets her go..

Thanks for the info, Lorri. I agree that it was likely sent to someone or someplace else before it got to ZH.

ITA about Abby's mother. I would not have been able to speak to the media today. Jane Young mentioned her fragile emotional state. I think ZH did well to maintain her composure today and keep the focus on Abigail.

It could be as simple as putting the wrong box number on the envelope or just the steet address and no PO Box number. Every condo complex has their own mail system and at her age she has probably not mailed many letters.
I am just happy she made contact, it makes me believe there is a lot of information on her computer/laptop etc that we are not seeing released. It does not mean she is 100% safe but I am now convinced she was walking home that day specifically to meet up with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CPomerleau