GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say my mail is mostly bills, it's just what you say I think when you don't have that much money, all mail seems to be bills bills bills. JMO

My home mailbox is full of junk mail every single day. If I didn't empty it after three days it would be too full to receive more mail.

Maybe they don't deliver junk mail to PO boxes?

That seems like it would be a terrible problem for the post office!

Full PO Boxes!

Does anybody happen to know how long it had been since the PO Box was last checked before the letter was received?

The 2 recent interviews seem to be very much personalising Abby, what type of person she is, what she likes, her hobbies, talents. I think it is a strategy by LE directed at an abductor. Has recent information sent them more strongly to that assumption or is it speculative? IDK but I want to think they are getting closer, momentum is building.

I didn't originally think Abby ran away, then I was swayed to the idea, but now I am back to my original theories. I do not think Abby ran away at all anymore. I think like ZH said early on, she may have willingly got into a car, and then realised she was in trouble. I don't think she had any intention of leaving for long at all. She didn't even have a coat.

My home mailbox is full of junk mail every single day. If I didn't empty it after three days it would be too full to receive more mail.

Full PO Boxes!

Does anybody happen to know how long it had been since the PO Box was last checked before the letter was received?

I very rarely get junk mail. Things are obviously different in the US/UK. You are able to remove yourself from the register for marketing when you fill out the voting form thingy.. sorry words aren't coming to me today lol

Full PO Boxes!

1). PO boxes I've used we're bigger than your everyday, side of the road, mailbox. They were much deeper, too.

2). If it gets full they put a slip in the box telling you to go to counter for mail pieces they are holding.

There is nothing interesting nor exciting to me about the PO Box, nor not checking it often. Nope, PO boxes don't excite me hahaha

The thing about the PO box that interests me is that apparently it never occurred to the FBI to ask ZH about any addresses where mail might come for the family, at the beginning.

Cluciano...I don't think le knew about the po box either. I'm thinking its the info they said they should have known about weeks ago.

Many people use PO boxes for receiving mail for many reasons but I'm guessing that ZH has one because she doesn't own her condo and has moved around a lot in the past few years.. Putting forwards in every time you move if you move often gets very complicated and often mail loops back and forth from one address to another.. People tend to open PO boxes in areas that they know they will be in often like maybe the town they work in.. Stops all the confusion.. This might be why her mail was delayed in getting to her.. She wasn't going to work after Abby went missing..

I guess I'm being misunderstood. Since we know no facts about the letter I'm suspicious the PO Box was announced since so many well wishers have sent cards, etc. and that someone other than Abby wrote the letter. How do we know it was handwritten? I can't get a good feel if the mother even thinks it was from Abby. I understand not checking mail...our neighborhood has the boxes at the end of the street and we check once a week. It's the fact the letter was sent there along with so many other cards and things...the public had the address. So basically I'm just saying I'm not so sure it's from Abby :(

Mom has said over and over that receiving that letter gave her hope, she was thrilled, etc. I think that is a big clue that she believes it was from Abby!

As for those that think the FBi didnt know about this PO Box, if strangers were sending cards to it, do you really think the Federal Bureau of Investigation did not know it existed?

I can't find a transcript of the press conference, but I recall them saying they've received some tips/information recently yup that they probably should have received in the first days...nothing there says mom hid a PO Box. I think they were trying to say nicely to those listening, TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW!

I really do believe AH is alive. I do believe that they have a general notion of who has her. I also believe they can't communicate with her any other way than by media, so they use the media to communicate with AH. I believe AH got into a vehicle with someone she knew and trusted and had no intention of not being in her own bed that night. I also believe LE is attempting to negotiate with whoever has her to get her home quickly and safely. I think whoever took her may have felt that AH would be better with them since LE said something about whoever has her may think they are helping her and they said the person she is with may have been friend turned foe. I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone who knows the family well knows where she is and either saw what happened or knows about it. I'm also equally convinced that it was all the missing signs and posters and media coverage and online vigils that are largely responsible for keeping AH safe and for her eventual return home.

Discussions about any potential child support paid for Abby or discussions about the specific address of the PO Box are considered sleuthing family. Do not do this, neither parent is a suspect or POI.

Cluciano...I don't think le knew about the po box either. I'm thinking its the info they said they should have known about weeks ago.

LE know about the PO Box. When the FBI and SS is involved they know what kind of cake she had at her wedding! Especially if she has bills that go to that PO Box. We can safely assume LE have checked out phone records, and phones have bills and bills have addresses on them and it sounds like ZH's bills went to that PO Box, so it follows that LE knew about the PO Box.

I have seen many cases of young girls meeting up with or being taken by men. If LE knows who, they have never hesitated in naming the suspect...there have been several cases recently, and the girls were all found, due to descriptions and details on perp. So if LE knows, I don't know what they hope to gain by keeping it quiet. The public is pretty great at spotting these folks, if they know what to look for.

As far as PO box...no one is suggesting ZH held back info...I think LE did not think to ask her, which is mind-boggling to me. IfLE knew about it, why would it take so long for the box to be checked, as has been stated?

I have a home mail box AND a post office box. Bills and correspondence with family and friends comes to the home box. Nowadays, it's mainly holiday & birthday cards--almost everybody I know well uses email for the day-to-day correspondence.

I use the PO Box for things I receive sporadically, like a box of checks from my bank, and correspondence, maps and documents about research projects from semi-strangers I've met online. I don't fancy giving my home address to anybody and everybody I meet on the Internet.

I check my home box (requires trekking up and down a long driveway) once a day when driving or every other day when walking. I check the PO Box anywhere from once a week (when expecting a delivery) to once a month (when not expecting anything). If my PO Box gets too stuffed with junk mail the clerk puts the overflow into a large box and puts the key to it in my small box. When I clear out the big box, I leave its key in the box's door (think bus station or gym locker).

So, I have no problem believing Abby's mom didn't check her PO Box until weeks after Abby vanished. And I've read nothing in the news reports to make me think she had a reason to think Abby would correspondence with her that way and therefore need to check it sooner.

I feel that Abby's birthday being the same week as her disappearance could be significant to her state of mind.

Being that Abby recently started high school, and was turning another year older that week, she may have been starting to feel very "grown up". Even her Monday cleaning job probably contributed to a sense of independence and feeling more adult.

I remember on my 16th birthday listening to that Five For Fighting song "Fifteen" and feeling SO old and wise (what a laugh now, looking back!). There is a very dramatic feeling to most life events for a lot of girls that age. I remember constantly comparing my life to the teen dramas on the CW and popular pop songs-- in reality my life was completely average and dull.

Maybe Abby left in search of some excitement. Maybe the idea to leave (possibly to follow her dreams? Thinking back to Zenya's letter) even blossomed from something she saw on television. I would love to know specifically what books, TV shows, and music she was into. Here on WS there have been several cases of young people who have loved the book Into The Wild disappearing or dying when trying to take their own Into The Wild type journey. I do not think Abby wanted to go into the wild for a rugged adventure! But perhaps her journey was originally inspired by something as well.

Just trying to gain some perspective into Abby's state of mind on October 9th.

FWIW, I believe Abby left willingly but her plan derailed and she is no longer out-of-contact by choice.

I really do believe AH is alive. I do believe that they have a general notion of who has her. I also believe they can't communicate with her any other way than by media, so they use the media to communicate with AH. I believe AH got into a vehicle with someone she knew and trusted and had no intention of not being in her own bed that night. I also believe LE is attempting to negotiate with whoever has her to get her home quickly and safely. I think whoever took her may have felt that AH would be better with them since LE said something about whoever has her may think they are helping her and they said the person she is with may have been friend turned foe. I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone who knows the family well knows where she is and either saw what happened or knows about it. I'm also equally convinced that it was all the missing signs and posters and media coverage and online vigils that are largely responsible for keeping AH safe and for her eventual return home.

MOO. There's absolutely no way LE is negotiating w/ anyone involved in her disappearance. If they had the slightest inkling as to where she may be, they'd be kicking in doors and putting everybody on the ground w/ assault rifles shoved in their faces.

MOO. There's absolutely no way LE is negotiating w/ anyone involved in her disappearance. If they had the slightest inkling as to where she may be, they'd be kicking in doors and putting everybody on the ground w/ assault rifles shoved in their faces.

I'm not entirely sure about that, dependent on who might have her and the circumstances. Guns a-blazin might look good on tv, but if this is an extended family member who has her at a moving location or she's being shuffled among a network of people, it might change how it's handled.

I feel that Abby's birthday being the same week as her disappearance could be significant to her state of mind.

Being that Abby recently started high school, and was turning another year older that week, she may have been starting to feel very "grown up". Even her Monday cleaning job probably contributed to a sense of independence and feeling more adult.

I remember on my 16th birthday listening to that Five For Fighting song "Fifteen" and feeling SO old and wise (what a laugh now, looking back!). There is a very dramatic feeling to most life events for a lot of girls that age. I remember constantly comparing my life to the teen dramas on the CW and popular pop songs-- in reality my life was completely average and dull.

Maybe Abby left in search of some excitement. Maybe the idea to leave (possibly to follow her dreams? Thinking back to Zenya's letter) even blossomed from something she saw on television. I would love to know specifically what books, TV shows, and music she was into. Here on WS there have been several cases of young people who have loved the book Into The Wild disappearing or dying when trying to take their own Into The Wild type journey. I do not think Abby wanted to go into the wild for a rugged adventure! But perhaps her journey was originally inspired by something as well.

Just trying to gain some perspective into Abby's state of mind on October 9th.

FWIW, I believe Abby left willingly but her plan derailed and she is no longer out-of-contact by choice.

Haven't heard of this "into the wild"? What is it?

IMO I am not concerned about ZH's delay in picking up the mail. She's probably kicked herself so many times for that delay already.

What makes me go hmmmmm is the delay in "authenticating" that it came from Abby. What would take 3-4 weeks to authenticate? I can see handwriting analysis taking that long. Finger printing may take that long. I think they have more than the "tone" which is all that has been reported in MSM.

Since the person(s) Abby is with has probably heard about this letter via MSM, I truly hope they knew about it before it was sent. LE had to have thought of this risk to Abby. And....they must think the benefit of getting the info out was greater than the risk.

IMO I am not concerned about ZH's delay in picking up the mail. She's probably kicked herself so many times for that delay already.

What makes me go hmmmmm is the delay in "authenticating" that it came from Abby. What would take 3-4 weeks to authenticate? I can see handwriting analysis taking that long. Finger printing may take that long. I think they have more than the "tone" which is all that has been reported in MSM.

Since the person(s) Abby is with has probably heard about this letter via MSM, I truly hope they knew about it before it was sent. LE had to have thought of this risk to Abby. And....they must think the benefit of getting the info out was greater than the risk.

I'm assuming it was a number of methods of authenticating used that caused them to take 3-4 weeks to authenticate it. I know DNA analysis used to take a few weeks, but I think they can do it a lot faster now and if they had done a DNA analysis they'd be certain it was written by AH rather than sure. I agree with others who said it was most likely typewritten and that would explain why it took more time to analyze the letter. Fingerprints would have been pretty fast too, so I'm not sure there were prints on it. Hasn't it been said that it was AH's "tone"? Makes me think it was typed and they had to read it to see if it "sounded" like AH. That can take time to analyze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy