GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people use PO boxes for receiving mail for many reasons but I'm guessing that ZH has one because she doesn't own her condo and has moved around a lot in the past few years.. Putting forwards in every time you move if you move often gets very complicated and often mail loops back and forth from one address to another.. People tend to open PO boxes in areas that they know they will be in often like maybe the town they work in.. Stops all the confusion.. This might be why her mail was delayed in getting to her.. She wasn't going to work after Abby went missing..

I'm sorry if this has already been verified but do we know that the po box the letter was sent to belonged to ZH?

I've been assuming that If there actually was a letter sent to a po box, that the po box could have belonged to anyone and addressed sort of "in care of" either ZH or perhaps someone in media or le.

I've said this before... If there actually was a letter sent, I don't believe it came from Abby.

Just read her letter. She is not Catholic as it mentions being "saved and baptized". That's just not a Catholic thing to do. Not that her religion matters, but I always made the incorrect assumption that her Mexican background meant she was Catholic.

Hmm, I went back and her grandfather's obituary mentions his funeral was at a Catholic church.

Now I'm confused. :)

Do you remember some time ago I wondered if the Reuben Hernandez that is a televangelist and has many you tube videos could be Abbys Father.

Both Father and his nephew post many religious posts on their FB pages.

I wonder if the Hernandez roots might be Catholic but some chose different paths.

Zenya is Russian and there is a Russian Orthodox Church.

Do you remember some time ago I wondered if the Reuben Hernandez that is a televangelist and has many you tube videos could be Abbys Father.

Both Father and his nephew post many religious posts on their FB pages.

I wonder if the Hernandez roots might be Catholic but some chose different paths.

Zenya is Russian and there is a Russian Orthodox Church.

No, I must have missed that! Interesting thought...

Just read her letter. She is not Catholic as it mentions being "saved and baptized". That's just not a Catholic thing to do. Not that her religion matters, but I always made the incorrect assumption that her Mexican background meant she was Catholic.

Hmm, I went back and her grandfather's obituary mentions his funeral was at a Catholic church.

Now I'm confused. :)

Confused here, too. Which letter are you talking about here? I can't remember anything about saved and baptized anywhere....which is not to say it isn't in black and white in front of my face somewhere!

Confused here, too. Which letter are you talking about here? I can't remember anything about saved and baptized anywhere....which is not to say it isn't in black and white in front of my face somewhere!

RH recently posted a new "letter" on his facebook page. It was to a journalist/reporter with info about AH and what she likes. She likes to cook and bake. She had a pet snail. She was good at writing stories and photography. Stuff like that.

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Okay, responding without the link.

I don't think you've got the right RH. The one on youtube was born in PR, is married with 3 kids. Appears based in Florida

I personally don't understand why national media has decided this story is worthy when sooooo many other missing persons' cases aren't. Yes, it's advantageous for the family.
BUT this letter has caused an uptick in the "mystery" element and pushed it onto GMA, Boston stations, etc. The letter was allegedly written a scant 10 days after her disappearance and many weeks have passed since then. What's the reason for the interest from media?
People lose interest when LE says she "may have left willingly" (at first, but now. . . ) and now it's turned back into an abduction? This wildly swinging tide of opinion and speculation is based on stirred up emotions--newly ignited by a letter that seemingly was NOT handwritten--one that was mailed almost two months ago. This is not a new document. Where is the news in all that? This missing child's status hasn't changed substantially for two months.

Additionally, the facts of the case have mutated and switched--been released, then retracted--have been released at odd times. I don't follow the details of a lot of cases, so maybe the handling of media is familiar to those who do. But this recent surge in media interest is based on a letter that is odd--off in terms of profile (abducted children don't usually send letters), in terms of how it was received (a lot of coincidences delaying it--P.O box in different town rarely checked, lost in the mail for 10 days, etc), and how it is depicted (Abby in tone, but not, apparently in handwriting). People are into the emotions, but the facts are quite squishy.

The media is 24/7. They are always looking for new stories to fill up the TV, to fill up their websites. In this case, we have the FBI who is saying that a missing teenager wrote a letter to her mom. That's an unusual development for a case, and the FBI doesn't normally hold PC's in missing teenager cases. Then, there were some national media outlets who picked it up (and plenty who didn't).

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131212/NEWS/131219726

Abigail Hernandez is a bright young writer and photographer who once tried unsuccessfully with her parents' help to get one of her stories published. And she is a big Beatles fan.

Her father, Ruben Hernandez, said she is also a Christian.

"What I can tell you about her has to start with her best quality. And that's the person that she is," Hernandez wrote to the New Hampshire Union Leader after being asked for comment about his daughter's personality and favorite activities.

"Her inner beauty matches her outer beauty," he said. "She is a very unique individual. She is brilliant, and very talented."

I personally don't understand why national media has decided this story is worthy when sooooo many other missing persons' cases aren't. Yes, it's advantageous for the family.
BUT this letter has caused an uptick in the "mystery" element and pushed it onto GMA, Boston stations, etc. The letter was allegedly written a scant 10 days after her disappearance and many weeks have passed since then. What's the reason for the interest from media?
People lose interest when LE says she "may have left willingly" (at first, but now. . . ) and now it's turned back into an abduction? This wildly swinging tide of opinion and speculation is based on stirred up emotions--newly ignited by a letter that seemingly was NOT handwritten--one that was mailed almost two months ago. This is not a new document. Where is the news in all that? This missing child's status hasn't changed substantially for two months.

Additionally, the facts of the case have mutated and switched--been released, then retracted--have been released at odd times. I don't follow the details of a lot of cases, so maybe the handling of media is familiar to those who do. But this recent surge in media interest is based on a letter that is odd--off in terms of profile (abducted children don't usually send letters), in terms of how it was received (a lot of coincidences delaying it--P.O box in different town rarely checked, lost in the mail for 10 days, etc), and how it is depicted (Abby in tone, but not, apparently in handwriting). People are into the emotions, but the facts are quite squishy.

I'm not. When I analyze a case, I'm not into "emotions". Just facts. I'm also not into conspiracy theories.

I've never known LE to release totally false information to the public in a presser. They may withhold, but that's it.

And we have to remember, the FBI is involved in this case. They are at pressers (which, BTW, adds another layer of shock to me that people actually feel this case is being bungled and handled by an inept team). They are likely profiling who has Abby and are giving out information they feel may lead that person to communicate again or have Abby do so. I bet the recent interviews given by each parent have been carefully structured by LE as well. When have we received so much info about Abby and this case, from the parents before?

I think the timing is intentional.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131212/NEWS/131219726

Abigail Hernandez is a bright young writer and photographer who once tried unsuccessfully with her parents' help to get one of her stories published. And she is a big Beatles fan.

Her father, Ruben Hernandez, said she is also a Christian.

"What I can tell you about her has to start with her best quality. And that's the person that she is," Hernandez wrote to the New Hampshire Union Leader after being asked for comment about his daughter's personality and favorite activities.

"Her inner beauty matches her outer beauty," he said. "She is a very unique individual. She is brilliant, and very talented."

Hmmm...so Abigail tried to get one of her stories published? And she likes photography? Maybe someone used her dreams/interest in photography and writing to lure her?

Are you saying the televangilist, Ruben Hernandez has a father by the name of Rudy? How do you know that??? Curious.

I found a 2nd RH televangelist....that one's dad is Rudy. The one you referenced, I have no idea who his dad is.

Please remember that dad is not a suspect here, he is not to be sleuthed on this forum at all.

A couple of random thoughts:

First, with ZH mentioning that the letter arrived at a PO Box in a different town - I googled RH's name and the first address that came up was a PO Box in Jackson, NH. Doing a quick search of either RH or ZH's name, this address was the only one which I did not have to pay to see. Could the letter have been sent there? And if so, does that suggest that perhaps whoever Abby is with addressed this letter and had to search for an address to send it to, and he/she sent it to the address which was most easily found? It's a long shot, but just a speculation.

Second, I'm a little confused regarding Abby not packing anything to take with her. The new information about the purse and necklace Abby could have with her made me curious. Because these items were not initially mentioned, I assume that she did not appear to be wearing either item that day. (The purse could easily be put in a backpack, but it would be more unusual for Abby to not wear the necklace but carry it to school with her.) I'm assuming that perhaps ZH noticed that the purse and necklace were missing while looking to see if Abby had brought anything with her. (Or perhaps I missed something regarding the purse and necklace - I haven't read much about either besides that Abby liked to wear both.)

Finally, this new information that ZH noticed Abby was missing around 5 PM really stands out to me. In early October in NH, this means Abby indeed disappeared during daylight hours, which makes this case all the more strange.

Hmmm...so Abigail tried to get one of her stories published? And she likes photography? Maybe someone used her dreams/interest in photography and writing to lure her?

I think you could be on to something here. Perhaps someone Abby thought she could trust invited her to go take photos somewhere? And where better than the scenic mountains surrounding her town -- maybe this could explain the cell phone ping near Cranmore Mountain?

Personally, I'm a just the facts ma'am kind of gal. We all have our theories here but I prefer to base my theories on facts only, not speculation. With all the facts we have and with Zenya's most recent interview with the Conway Daily Sun that has helped us understand the timeline a lot better I have to say it's very clear that abby is most likely not a runaway and me personally, I have never believed she ran away. She is clearly in danger, she is 15 with no money didn't bring any real necessities with her, has never run away before and did not appear to have reason to. I would say with that said this is exactly why law enforcement has taken this so seriously and has encouraged media attention. It is not every day that a girl from NH is abducted or lured then abducted.

Also remember that law enforcement learns from every case they handle regardless of what type of crime it is. What was done well and what can be improved is always studied regardless of what agency and state or federal LE. I too think that the FBI has their profilers hard at work to try to learn what kind of perp this could be and how do we encourage communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy