GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is turning into a prayer page now...when they have plenty of those on FB.
JMO

Unfortunately we have not one new scrap of anything to go on. Is there something we already know that you could suggest we bring back to the discussion that might help? I made up the Rudolph line to try and bring a little grin to all those who have been trying so hard to help bring Abby home.I have recently lost my job of nine years and have been feeling pretty sorry for myself that due to my situation I will not be able to see my only child over the holidays. Then I think of Abby's family and realize I am lucky to know my daughter is safe and warm and fed and happy.I can only hope
that soon she will return to her family safely.
Thanks to all of you for sleuthing, discussing, caring ans yes praying to try to get Abby home.

Unfortunately we have not one new scrap of anything to go on. Is there something we already know that you could suggest we bring back to the discussion that might help? I made up the Rudolph line to try and bring a little grin to all those who have been trying so hard to help bring Abby home.I have recently lost my job of nine years and have been feeling pretty sorry for myself that due to my situation I will not be able to see my only child over the holidays. Then I think of Abby's family and realize I am lucky to know my daughter is safe and warm and fed and happy.I can only hope
that soon she will return to her family safely.
Thanks to all of you for sleuthing, discussing, caring ans yes praying to try to get Abby home.

Well your Rudolph post made this atheist smile. Hang in there, and keep on reminding yourself of all the good things you still have in life. The holidays are hard enough on people, I feel for you.
As for Abby, I wish it were so simple for her to just come home. I do not believe she can make that choice.

Okay guys, if she's reading, she gets it. Let's get back to sleuthing. We're all assuming she's out there waiting for encouragement but maybe, just maybe, she's being held against her will or is stranded somewhere and needs to be found...

With this new letter information, yet lack of details, I don't know where to go from here. I see Abby as very much in danger, but I also don't know how to help further. I am not willing to wash my hands of this case & decide or determine that this note is evidence Abby decided to runaway. Everyone can decide for themselves if they choose to move on to another case or not. Although I am choosing to stick with this case until further info. decides this case is solved, I don't see that I can add much given the lack of information or add to the suggestions over the last few days. I will still be here for Abby though. ETA I am just out of thoughts at the moment, but not giving up on her.

I think she has been gone too long now, even since the letter, to assume she could come home if she wanted to. If she had a "secret boyfriend" she left with and felt safe with, I feel like LE should have been able to ID this person by now, especially with all of the agencies involved. Yes, she could have used a tracfone, but she is not some sophisticated criminal...it is likely, IMO, she would have slipped up and contacted this person online at some point.

So who did she go with? Did she just take a ride out of town to go to NYC or Boston or some other exciting city and then meet someone, or a group of young people? Since she seems to have left no trace behind, I feel like she did not have a plan in place before she left. And either she can't leave now, as those she is with are adults and liable to charges, or maybe she really does want to stay away. I just can't believe that a teenager can outwit so many LE agencies.

I am sadly in agreement that she is probably not able to come home....but oh, isnt it wonderful to hope? What can we do. I am here, not much to add except that hope.

I agree with the others. Someone has to be helping her. She has no means, no where to go. Someone has her and is either hiding her or holding her. If we can trust the rumored sightings she would be most likely still be in the northeast.

I am sadly in agreement that she is probably not able to come home....but oh, isnt it wonderful to hope? What can we do. I am here, not much to add except that hope.

What we can do is keep her face out there, talk to people about her, get people involved... when they do the same it becomes the old, "You tell two people" phenomenon.

<Mod Snip>

I agree, it's baffling.

Back to the case. If Abby is being harbored or held by an adult, this person is likely still going to work during the day (assuming he or she has a job). I think this case will be solved by vigilance in the community (not necessarily the N. Conway community, as I believe she is no longer in her home town). Neighbors, a mailman, employers, friends or family members&#8230; I hope everyone in the Northeast has their eyes and ears open for strange behavior. Of course, no one ever thinks that someone they know could be involved in something like this...

Hey everyone - I've been lurking for a while and am finally joining the discussion. I'm from New Hampshire and have been following this case since Abby disappeared.

I just read the Christian Science Monitor's article about the press conference regarding Abby's letter, and I found an interesting claim I hadn't seen in other articles about the press conference. The CSM claims that the press release was held after "days of rumors about the letter among volunteers in and around North Conway."(http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/1207/Letter-to-mom-from-missing-NH-teen-Abigail-Hernandez-Is-she-a-runaway-video)

While this is just a small detail that may or may not be true, it's interesting given that a lot of people were speculating that LE was not initially planning on releasing the information about the letter.

Hey everyone - I've been lurking for a while and am finally joining the discussion. I'm from New Hampshire and have been following this case since Abby disappeared.

I just read the Christian Science Monitor's article about the press conference regarding Abby's letter, and I found an interesting claim I hadn't seen in other articles about the press conference. The CSM claims that the press release was held after "days of rumors about the letter among volunteers in and around North Conway."(http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/1207/Letter-to-mom-from-missing-NH-teen-Abigail-Hernandez-Is-she-a-runaway-video)

While this is just a small detail that may or may not be true, it's interesting given that a lot of people were speculating that LE was not initially planning on releasing the information about the letter.

:wagon:

I agree, it's baffling.

Back to the case. If Abby is being harbored or held by an adult, this person is likely still going to work during the day (assuming he or she has a job). I think this case will be solved by vigilance in the community (not necessarily the N. Conway community, as I believe she is no longer in her home town). Neighbors, a mailman, employers, friends or family members… I hope everyone in the Northeast has their eyes and ears open for strange behavior. Of course, no one ever thinks that someone they know could be involved in something like this...
What makes you assume that someone who would harbor/hold a teenager has gainful employment? And let's not limit surveillance to the Northeast. I think warmer climes, as in, Florida, might be prime territory for high alertness.
(Just my opinion)

What makes you assume that someone who would harbor/hold a teenager has gainful employment? And let's not limit surveillance to the Northeast. I think warmer climes, as in, Florida, might be prime territory for high alertness.
(Just my opinion)

BBM

I was speaking hypothetically. Also, I am sure you are familiar with the Hornbeck case. His captor held him for years while maintaining a full-time job.

:twocents:

ETA: There are many, many, many people involved in criminal activity who are employed&#8230;.

Whomever Abby is with may not be employed. But it is certainly possible that they are.

(Just my opinion)

Why Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members