NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female, 23-33, & 3 Children, under 11, Nov'85 & May'00 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although upon further information today, it looks like the remains may be male and not female. It hasn't been confirmed by LE, but I think based on what some of the bystanders were able to see. But, will definitely follow up on this.

1950 census drops tomorrow. Will take a while for it to be fully indexed, but I'm hoping it will shed more light, you never know!
Had a minute to come back to this. Limited on what is available still for Mississippi on FamilySearch. So,I've been indexing Pearl River County on FamilySearch to try to get this ball rolling. Any of you who've worked on these trees at all and want to jump in and help, that would be great - their new indexing tool for the 1950 census is actually super easy even for beginners. Plus, y'all have some familiarity with a lot of the local family names by now and that helps too.

Not sure what I expect to find - maybe that needle in a haystack, you never know!

Had a minute to come back to this. Limited on what is available still for Mississippi on FamilySearch. So,I've been indexing Pearl River County on FamilySearch to try to get this ball rolling. Any of you who've worked on these trees at all and want to jump in and help, that would be great - their new indexing tool for the 1950 census is actually super easy even for beginners. Plus, y'all have some familiarity with a lot of the local family names by now and that helps too.

Not sure what I expect to find - maybe that needle in a haystack, you never know!
I'm interested, but I'm not sure what indexing entails.

I'm interested, but I'm not sure what indexing entails.
Most of it is actually done now by computer. Right now in Mississippi I think the only kind you can do is names. So you go to 1950 census project at Family search and pick Mississippi and choose "Review Names." That takes you to a screen where you can either enter a specific surname, or a specific place, or both. I've just been entering Pearl River County. Then they'll bring up census pages for you and the computer has already tried to guess what the names are and you just click Match if it looks right to you, or if it needs correcting you correct it. For example, the computer had guessed that the census taker's handwriting said "Stockstile" but I knew it was really "Stockstill" so I just changed it. When a live human has reviewed it then it gets indexed on Familysearch so people can do searches.

Most of it is actually done now by computer. Right now in Mississippi I think the only kind you can do is names. So you go to 1950 census project at Family search and pick Mississippi and choose "Review Names." That takes you to a screen where you can either enter a specific surname, or a specific place, or both. I've just been entering Pearl River County. Then they'll bring up census pages for you and the computer has already tried to guess what the names are and you just click Match if it looks right to you, or if it needs correcting you correct it. For example, the computer had guessed that the census taker's handwriting said "Stockstile" but I knew it was really "Stockstill" so I just changed it. When a live human has reviewed it then it gets indexed on Familysearch so people can do searches.
I will give it a try, thank you for the info!

For anybody who was wondering about a possible connection between RE's daughter and the missing infant daughter of the Clouse family (couple found deceased outside of Houston)--Holly Clouse has been found alive and well. She was given up for adoption and raised by a happy loving family.

For anybody who was wondering about a possible connection between RE's daughter and the missing infant daughter of the Clouse family (couple found deceased outside of Houston)--Holly Clouse has been found alive and well. She was given up for adoption and raised by a happy loving family.
Could there still be a possible connection? We are looking at a religious cult with a nomadic lifestyle that traveled throughout the American Southwest. Of course, Terry Rasmussen traveled outside that region but we know that the Bear Brook Baby is linked to that area. Could her mother have a connection to the cult?

Could there still be a possible connection? We are looking at a religious cult with a nomadic lifestyle that traveled throughout the American Southwest. Of course, Terry Rasmussen traveled outside that region but we know that the Bear Brook Baby is linked to that area. Could her mother have a connection to the cult?

She could, I suppose, but she could be a lot of things. I haven't heard anything to indicate TR was into cults of any kind.

“I peel back the plastic and I saw the white, you know, I think, I still was second-guessing myself. I had to go back out to my car, get my flashlight, come back in and shine it, and then when I saw the bones,” Cody said.

It was clear the bones belonged to children.

“I think the thing that was really resonating with us that day is the size of the bones,” Cody said.

Testing later confirmed the remains belonged to two female children between 1 and 4 years old.

>> See the full documentary

Today, it’s known that Terry Rasmussen killed the victims, including three identified as his former girlfriend Marlyse Honeychurch and her daughters, Sarah McWaters and Marie Vaughn. The fourth victim, his biological daughter, has not been identified. But before recent years, details in the case were scarce.

Scott Maxwell estimates that he and his sister, Ronda Randall, of Oak Hill Research, have spent 10,000 hours investigating the case.

Hello everybody,

I‘m new to this case. I have a question regarding the timeline.

It is assumed that Rasmussen moved to NH in 1978 and killed the 4 victims in 1980.
Many think that he moved with Marlyse to NH in 1978.

However, in this article Ed Gallagher, the former convenience store owner, is mentioned as saying he suddenly admitted that he had a suspicion that the person who dumped the bodies was a man who did some work for him in the late seventies and early eighties. His name was Bob Evans (one of Rasmussen’s aliases). Gallagher described him as odd and aloof and said that when asked, he refused to discuss his past. Gallagher confirmed that Evans lived in Manchester and drove a blue VW camper van. [U]He had once been introduced to his pregnant girlfriend.[/U]

How does this add up, Rasmussen having a pregnant girlfriend in Allenstown? This woman could not have been Marlyse (the middle child was not related to her).

I always thought EG was referring to Denise Beaudin, who would have been pregnant from 1980-1981 with her daughter.

I agree that's most likely.

But there's enough time for him to have more than one pregnant girlfriend, as well.

Was the "Elizabeth" who signed for a package at Evans' address ever identified?

But there's enough time for him to have more than one pregnant girlfriend, as well.

Yes, I thought that, too, that there could have been someone other than Marlyse or Denise he was with during that time, even briefly, who could have also been pregnant.

I had not even considered there may be more babies fathered by TPR but that’s certainly possible! I just have a feeling that if we even knew half of the real truth about the unaccounted for part of Rasmussen’s timeline, it would probably open up a whole new cringe worthy can of worms. I heard/read somewhere that it was thought that “Elizabeth Evans” was Marlyse because of the timing and the fact that that was her middle name was “Elizabeth”. Who knows though.

I had not even considered there may be more babies fathered by TPR but that’s certainly possible! I just have a feeling that if we even knew half of the real truth about the unaccounted for part of Rasmussen’s timeline, it would probably open up a whole new cringe worthy can of worms. I heard/read somewhere that it was thought that “Elizabeth Evans” was Marlyse because of the timing and the fact that that was her middle name was “Elizabeth”. Who knows though.

I've gone back and forth on whether "Elizabeth Evans" was Marlyse or not. For a long time I believed that Marlyse and the children must have been killed shortly after they arrived in New Hampshire, which is why he changed his name for the first time and began going by "Bob Evans". However, I'll concede that it's equally possible that he changed his name after picking up his daughter, the middle child (and potentially killing her mother), and used the excuse of a custody dispute to get Marlyse to go along with it and start going by "Elizabeth", too.

Here's the timeline:

• Marlyse and her children were last seen Thanksgiving of 1978. They are estimated to have been killed between 1978 and 1981.
  • Rasmussen first started using the name Bob Evans in 1978, while working at a mill in New Hampshire.
  • Elizabeth Evans shows up as his spouse on checks and arrest records in Jan, Feb, and May of 1980. In October 1980 TPR is arrested and lists no spouse.
  • Denise Beaudin disappears Thanksgiving of 1981.

There are two possible scenarios here, IMO:

1) Marlyse and the children are killed in late 1978, shortly after arriving there. She may not have even had time to learn that folks in NH knew him as "Bob Evans". The unidentified, possibly pregnant "Elizabeth" meets TPR sometime before January 1980 and is killed sometime before October.

2) Marlyse and her children arrive in NH with TPR's daughter. Marlyse agrees to change their names. She is alive for almost 2 years in New Hampshire and is killed sometime before October 1980. Denise Beaudin is the pregnant girlfriend mentioned.

I've gone back and forth on whether "Elizabeth Evans" was Marlyse or not. For a long time I believed that Marlyse and the children must have been killed shortly after they arrived in New Hampshire, which is why he changed his name for the first time and began going by "Bob Evans". However, I'll concede that it's equally possible that he changed his name after picking up his daughter, the middle child (and potentially killing her mother), and used the excuse of a custody dispute to get Marlyse to go along with it and start going by "Elizabeth", too.

Here's the timeline:

• Marlyse and her children were last seen Thanksgiving of 1978. They are estimated to have been killed between 1978 and 1981.
  • Rasmussen first started using the name Bob Evans in 1978, while working at a mill in New Hampshire.
  • Elizabeth Evans shows up as his spouse on checks and arrest records in Jan, Feb, and May of 1980. In October 1980 TPR is arrested and lists no spouse.
  • Denise Beaudin disappears Thanksgiving of 1981.

There are two possible scenarios here, IMO:

1) Marlyse and the children are killed in late 1978, shortly after arriving there. She may not have even had time to learn that folks in NH knew him as "Bob Evans". The unidentified, possibly pregnant "Elizabeth" meets TPR sometime before January 1980 and is killed sometime before October.

2) Marlyse and her children arrive in NH with TPR's daughter. Marlyse agrees to change their names. She is alive for almost 2 years in New Hampshire and is killed sometime before October 1980. Denise Beaudin is the pregnant girlfriend mentioned.

Based on isotope testing and the last time they were seen by family, I don't believe Marlyse and her daughters were killed in 1978. Three to seven months before they arrived in NH, they were in a more northern climate, according to isotopes. Though investigators never said, I believe that more northern climate was wherever they picked the middle child up from, as she appears to have grown up in a more northern, further inland area. This 3-7 months puts the timeline into 1979. The MC's isotopes put her in NH around 3 months to 2 weeks before her death, iirc, which coincides with the other 3 being in a more northern climate, as they were only in NH around 3 months or so before their deaths. So, based on that, I'm thinking Marlyse, her daughters, and the MC were killed sometime in late 1979 to early/mid 1980. So Marlyse could have been the Elizabeth Evans who signed for the mail. Or they could have already been killed and it was either Denise or yet another woman who was Elizabeth.

Disclaimer: I'm aware isotopes aren't always accurate, but, in this case, it helps narrow down the timeline of when they were in NH, even if it doesn't accurately pinpoint their places of origin. It was relatively close in Marlyse's case in that it predicted she hailed from the east coast, which she did.

Yeah, I had heard that also, and it makes the most sense, but I don't see whether it's been confirmed.

I'm concerned that if he did have other partners and offspring, besides from his first marriage, they might have come to a bad end as well. No way to tell, I suppose.

Yeah, I had heard that also, and it makes the most sense, but I don't see whether it's been confirmed.

I'm concerned that if he did have other partners and offspring, besides from his first marriage, they might have come to a bad end as well. No way to tell, I suppose.
I agree, if there were other partners and offspring, they might have come to a bad end as well.

It seems the more we discover with this case, the more questions are raised and more victims turn up. We started with two unidentified bodies in a barrel 1985. Then, in 2000, it turned out there were a total of four unidentified bodies in barrels. In addition to these four victims, an unidentified abandoned child with a missing mother and a murdered common-law wife turns out to be connected to this case. And there also could be more, based on D/L's memory of a woman and child dying after eating poison grass mushrooms, and a babysitter's recollection of watching D/L and an infant.

In addition to discovering who the MC and her mother were, my biggest wish is to find Denise. What a miracle and blessing it would be to find both women alive and well. They could definitely fill in a lot of blanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back