NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible break in the Yohanna Cyr case:
http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/08/15...peared-from-montreal-38-years-ago-mother-says

Then came the Facebook message two weeks ago.According to Cyr, the woman told her she started wondering about her past when she turned 18 and, while trying to get her driver's license, found out that her birth certificate was a fake. She pushed her parents for details, but they never provided clear answers.
She told Cyr she knows of no existing photos from when she was a little girl, and that she occasionally has flashbacks: blurry memories that come to mind of her being loaded onto an airplane as a small child.
She's sent Cyr photos, and she not only looks like Yohanna, Cyr said, but her daughters do as well.

I agree it is a longshot. I just hang on to all of this in my mental filing cabinet because you never know which one tidbit you learn will be the one that matters, you know?

His time in New Hampshire was when he was "on a break" from Mormonism.

Can anyone find an old yearbook or newspaper photo of her mother, Doris Wurst?

The only thing I can add that might help, is that Moylan isthe correct spelling of Doris Wurst's maiden name, Also, she was from Pennsylvania originally - probably Philadelphia or the area around it. She also had two sisters, both also with D names. Might help with locating her in a yearbook.

The only thing I can add that might help, is that Moylan isthe correct spelling of Doris Wurst's maiden name, Also, she was from Pennsylvania originally - probably Philadelphia or the area around it. She also had two sisters, both also with D names. Might help with locating her in a yearbook.

I found her sister's obituary from July 2016. She lists Doris as "the late Doris Moylan Wurst" but I see no mention of Caren in nieces. I'll keep digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we looked at Caren Wurst further? Missing with her mother? NamUs MP # 34365 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34365/4

Last seem 1974, missing with mom. 3 years old. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/64836

View attachment 100230

Just be patient, Doris has been entered in NamUs too, I have to check in with the relative to see why it hasn't gone online yet. The relative was adding photos too, she's the one that gave Caren's photo to NamUs.

I found her sister's obituary from July 2016. She lists Doris as "the late Doris Moylan Wurst" but I see no mention of Caren in nieces. I'll keep digging.

I'm retty sure the relative told me she was Doris's twin sister - link to obit

I'm retty sure the relative told me she was Doris's twin sister - link to obit[/QUOTE]

That's so terribly sad. Thanks for that information and for linking the obituary-- wasn't sure if I could.

I'm retty sure the relative told me she was Doris's twin sister - link to obit

That's so terribly sad. Thanks for that information and for linking the obituary-- wasn't sure if I could.

They lost Dolores, the relative did a google for Doris, ended up finding my partners post. She then contacted me there, not understanding where my partner found Doris; she was pretty freaked out since she was hurting from losing her aunt. I then worked with her to get her to NamUs to help with Doris and Caren's profile's there.

Doris looks like she was born in either 1939 or 1940 as she is listed as zero years old on the 1940 census. In 1940 the family lived on Anchor street in Philly. So possibly 1957-58 for high school graduation?

ETA: This would make Doris roughly 34 when they went missing, and obviously a bit older still if we are talking about Caren possibly being the oldest child. It's not impossible at all, but thought I would mention it.

Have we looked at Caren Wurst further? Missing with her mother? NamUs MP # 34365 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34365/4

Last seem 1974, missing with mom. 3 years old. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/64836

View attachment 100230

Guess what I found! Caren Wurst NCMEC profile has a different pic of Caren and links to Doris and Caren is now on Charley Project

Doris's NamUs profile is still not online

FL missing alert has a flier of them

NCMC1272538a1.jpg

NCMC1272538c1.jpg

Guess what I found! Caren Wurst NCMEC profile has a different pic of Caren and links to Doris and Caren is now on Charley Project
Doris's NamUs profile is still not online
FL missing alert has a flier of them

attachment.php

attachment.php
Excellent find.

Is there DNA already submitted or are we waiting for that?

Is there DNA already submitted or are we waiting for that?

DNA is processing for Caren. I'll try to remember to contact the relative tomorrow to see what's up with Doris's profile. My grandson has been with me the last few days so I don't get online much. I have another girl to enter from 1960 that a friend found in a newspaper.

DNA is processing for Caren. I'll try to remember to contact the relative tomorrow to see what's up with Doris's profile. My grandson has been with me the last few days so I don't get online much. I have another girl to enter from 1960 that a friend found in a newspaper.
I was just curious. Enjoy your grandson!

I was thinking a few things: If the adult female and older child do turn out to be Caren and Doris, we would still have the mystery of the middle child, who, at this time, doesn't appear to be biologically related to the others. It should, however, help determine the extent of the relationship of the youngest to the oldest two victims. We'd still be missing a piece or two of the puzzle when it comes to the younger children, but as Rose said, it would be progress, nonetheless. Rose -does Doris' family know about this case, and if so, do they have any ideas as to whom the middle child could be, where she came from and how she fit into the picture?

I was thinking a few things: If the adult female and older child do turn out to be Caren and Doris, we would still have the mystery of the middle child, who, at this time, doesn't appear to be biologically related to the others. It should, however, help determine the extent of the relationship of the youngest to the oldest two victims. We'd still be missing a piece or two of the puzzle when it comes to the younger children, but as Rose said, it would be progress, nonetheless. Rose -does Doris' family know about this case, and if so, do they have any ideas as to whom the middle child could be, where she came from and how she fit into the picture?

Yeah, Doris's family saw the posts here. We haven't discussed anything. My main concern was adding them to NamUs. I'm personally not seeing Doris as the adult female; I think she was too old.

Grandson is here again needing my attention lol

Yeah, Doris's family saw the posts here. We haven't discussed anything. My main concern was adding them to NamUs. I'm personally not seeing Doris as the adult female; I think she was too old. Grandson is here again needing my attention lol

Perhaps it isn't them, but estimates have been off on ages before. It's probably one of the best leads in a long time, even if it turns out not to be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member