NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he was an orphan? I know he told a story about his famiuly, but he could have lied.

1. I believe that the Denise Laporte that BE claims to have married in Virginia, is in fact Denise Beaudin, not another woman. I do not think her killed her in NH. I also believe that she made it with him to Texas, where she may have died or where he may have killed her.

2. I also believe that he thought that Dawn/Lisa was HIS child. The timing of her birth and his relationship with her mom is just too close. Also, he may have kept her so long because he regretted "losing" his own daughter. I wonder if the family always believed that he was Dawn/Lisa's father.

3. What I really question is how he could possibly have lived in San Pablo for up to 10 years without detection. Did he not drink and drive? Did he actually pay for electricity? Did he make enough money so bad checks were not written? And did he live without the company of a woman or child??? It seems odd to me that he could have been there the whole time.

I totally agree with number 1. I think he would change names in his stories so there wouldn't be any connections to a previous alias. #2 is interesting and something I hadn't thought of. #3, I'm not convinced he lived in San Pablo that entire time. I've wondered if he was incarcerated during some of those years in another state under a different alias.

I totally agree with number 1. I think he would change names in his stories so there wouldn't be any connections to a previous alias. #2 is interesting and something I hadn't thought of. #3, I'm not convinced he lived in San Pablo that entire time. I've wondered if he was incarcerated during some of those years in another state under a different alias.

I have also considered incarceration during some of that time. But I think fingerprints would have sussed that out already.

There are still towns in America that does things on a "handshake". No need to run a background on a person if everything they say is what you want to hear. Small towns if he was in one of them does not have all the resources like bigger towns/cities. If he comes into town with a small family, some people would not look twice at them. I hope I am explaining what my brain is thinking. He can fly under the radar as long as he doesn't bring attention to himself. No one would think to look him or verify his "stories".

There are still towns in America that does things on a "handshake". No need to run a background on a person if everything they say is what you want to hear. Small towns if he was in one of them does not have all the resources like bigger towns/cities. If he comes into town with a small family, some people would not look twice at them. I hope I am explaining what my brain is thinking. He can fly under the radar as long as he doesn't bring attention to himself. No one would think to look him or verify his "stories".
Yes, exactly.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yes, the case file is listed under the CMK alias. I'd love to read the filing but it's only available in person through the superior court. Probably doesn't say much anyway. He played it all very close to the vest. He continued to maintain he was "Lisa's" father even as he was being swabbed for paternity. This is someone who never told the truth, even as he was faced with being caught in a lie.

I hate to give a stone cold killer any benefit of the doubt, but he might have believed that he was Lisa's father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think by the 90's he would have come up on livescan. the later 90's anyways. the rinky dink county I used to work for got a livescan in 96.

san Pablo is a ghetto bedroom community of Oakland. there is a lot of crime and little trust. however, it would be easy for him to lay low and blend in and not have too many ppl paying attn. to him there.

I have a few theories about the middle child's mother:
1. She was murdered but not a missing person or died by non-suspicious means, and RE, being the father, was contacted and told to come pick her up.
2. She was (still is) incarcerated and RE was given custody of the middle child
3. She was a missing person who wasn't reported or was reported missing but doesn't have DNA in the system, met up with RE, had a baby with him, he killed her and took off with the child.
4. She willingly gave the child to her father (RE) because she could no longer care for her and has never looked for her.
5. Both mother and middle child were never reported missing because the circumstances around their departure weren't considered suspicious, similar to what happened with Denise & Dawn Beaudin. Mother met foul play but hasn't been found yet.
I don't believe the middle child is one of the current reported missing children who have DNA in CODIS
I don't believe the middle child's mother is one of the currently reported missing females or sets of female unidentified remains with DNA in CODIS because she would have matched with the middle child. According to NamUs, they do cross compare (for lack of a better term).
FWIW, this is just my take on things.

These are good ideas but if this middle child and her mother were Native and enrolled into a tribe, I can't see him willingly being given custody of the child. Even now it's hard to go up against tribal wishes when it comes to the placement of children. Back in that time it was even more intense with the AIM movement and all that activity going on here in South Dakota. If they were in this area then I think the poor girl's mother probably met a grim fate. And sadly was not reported as missing esp since she had been dating/having a baby a non-Native man her family might have assumed she just went back with him. And if she was reported it prob was not taken seriously. I think someone suggested this earlier but it might be worth joining some of the Native Women groups particularly the ones which are focused on violence against Native Women and posting the drawing of the middle child and asking if she looks familiar. Maybe someone will remember a cousin or friend who left the Rez with a Stranger and never came back.

I think the original dates when the first barrel was found in 1985 were determined using forensic techniques that were available at that time.
When they performed the advanced DNA testing & isotopes a couple of years ago, they narrowed it down to 1980-1984.
It's possible that he & Denise didn't leave NH right away when they disappeared. I don't believe we know their whereabouts from Nov. 1981 until his next known place of employment in CA, in 1984, do we? They could have stayed in NH, only left Manchester.
As I had mentioned on the Allenstown thread last year, Rockingham Park was under reconstruction during 1980-1984 due to a devastating fire.
It would almost make sense for him to move along there for work after his work at the mill was complete. Salem is not as close to Allenstown as Manchester, but it's less than an hour away.

I was wondering that when they left Hayward street was all the furniture gone as well ? I was wondering the same thing, maybe they did stay in NH . Also I'm assuming that the financial troubles started before 1980 due to the February arrest in February of Evans for a NSF check. I think in those days at some point the Sheriff would physically remove people from the property after all the proper eviction procedures were followed. Knowing what happened to the personal property would be a interesting incite. There is so much information that has to be known but not being revealed. There has to be, IMO.

Was going back through some of the information .... Have been out the past few weeks due to Mardi Gras .. Twice Evans has mentioned Virginia once where he said he married his wife and the next time stated EJ had went there when her friends questioned him. What is the significance of stating Virginia twice in relation to two different women.

Also many have pondered the thought why did he not kill D/L ... IMO it would have been easier for him to have killed her as like he had already done before (4) bodies in barrels (1) Missing Denise and (1) missing Elizabeth (1) Deceased EJ. Then disappeared again .. Something was holding him back from doing so. He could have left the RV park killed her and went on like he had for many years using alias. He could of grown to love her ... After the 5 years of raising her .. Its puzzling .. What was so different on this occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What if he didn't kill them <shrug> The AG said in the PR that shouldn't put too much into the carol cable connection, it was a common cable used at the time. For me there are so many what ifs I find myself trying to focus on the known.

These are good ideas but if this middle child and her mother were Native and enrolled into a tribe, I can't see him willingly being given custody of the child. Even now it's hard to go up against tribal wishes when it comes to the placement of children. Back in that time it was even more intense with the AIM movement and all that activity going on here in South Dakota. If they were in this area then I think the poor girl's mother probably met a grim fate. And sadly was not reported as missing esp since she had been dating/having a baby a non-Native man her family might have assumed she just went back with him. And if she was reported it prob was not taken seriously. I think someone suggested this earlier but it might be worth joining some of the Native Women groups particularly the ones which are focused on violence against Native Women and posting the drawing of the middle child and asking if she looks familiar. Maybe someone will remember a cousin or friend who left the Rez with a Stranger and never came back.

On the Allenstown victim thread, we're putting together something to send out to tribes in the isotope areas to see if they recognize the middle child.

Following on the Navy route, Kincheloe AFB closed in 1977. I find this one interesting because of the closure date, the location (isotopes point to daughter being in several states, one is Michigan and it was in the upper peninsula near Canada) and it was used by the Navy as well. He may have gone to NH because his naval base closed down.

Or he may have returned to NH after having been stationed at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard which at that time was considered to be in NH.....

I wonder if sometime in the future if one of Robert Evans relatives (cousins?) commits a felony and gets DNA in the database, or one of the Native American relatives on his daughter's side gets DNA into the database by committing a crime, would we still be able to find out who the relatives are of Robert Evans and his daughter?

Could the adult woman be a family member to RE?

Could the adult woman be a family member to RE?
Might be a common law wife or unofficial wife, probably not a wife that was legally married, more likely a live in girlfriend.

I wonder if sometime in the future if one of Robert Evans relatives (cousins?) commits a felony and gets DNA in the database, or one of the Native American relatives on his daughter's side gets DNA into the database by committing a crime, would we still be able to find out who the relatives are of Robert Evans and his daughter?

Under current laws and procedures, probably not.

Might be a common law wife or unofficial wife, probably not a wife that was legally married, more likely a live in girlfriend.

I'm wondering if it was someone just watching his daughter, or someone who had a child the same age and would have the girls play together.

I'm wondering if it was someone just watching his daughter, or someone who had a child the same age and would have the girls play together.
That's kind of what I wondered while he was at the trailer court where he abandoned Dawn/Lisa. Did he just hangout there and not go to a job, or did he go to work off and on and leave Dawn with someone at the trailer court? How long did he stay at the trailer court?

Under current laws and procedures, probably not.

I agree. AG Agati said something along those lines in the 2015 press conference when he was asked a similar question, but in reference to comparing all of the victims' DNA to the criminal DNA db, like what they do in CODIS between MPs & UPs.
He said the protocols/procedures were different for criminal DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member