NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was for somebody else. I'm just reminding everybody to be careful, is all. I was sure I had found a relative, but on further search, it was two different people, neither of whom were likely to be related. So some vagueness may be necessary.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

To add: Posting information about relatives is against the rules.

Could they do it in reverse? Like, if they found potential male siblings, could they use that information link them?

You mean a male sibling to the daughter or to RE?

Interesting information here. https://www.forensicmag.com/article...-new-details-30-year-old-multiple-murder-case
Few notes I hadn't read before. They believe the allenstown woman and children may have been killed in 1977. The oldest child was definitely 10 years old. The woman had dark wavy hair. His daughter lived in a handful of isolated areas near the Canadian border.
Other articles state the 10 year old showed signs of pnemonia. So if his daughter was killed in 1977 and she was between 3 and 4 years old that means her dob was 1973 or 74. Were there any females missing who were pregnant in 72 or 73? Or any women killed by blunt force trauma in 73 or 74? Children missing between 73 or 77?

Interesting information here. https://www.forensicmag.com/article...-new-details-30-year-old-multiple-murder-case
Few notes I hadn't read before. They believe the allenstown woman and children may have been killed in 1977. The oldest child was definitely 10 years old. The woman had dark wavy hair. His daughter lived in a handful of isolated areas near the Canadian border.
Other articles state the 10 year old showed signs of pnemonia. So if his daughter was killed in 1977 and she was between 3 and 4 years old that means her dob was 1973 or 74. Were there any females missing who were pregnant in 72 or 73? Or any women killed by blunt force trauma in 73 or 74? Children missing between 73 or 77?

I have wondered about the year of death and posted about it before. The time of the killings was estimated to be around 1977-1985, but with the discovery of Evans it narrowed to the latest being 1981. But did it narrow more? Is the late 70's not as probable anymore? IMO I think it's important to not discredit it until we have solid proof they weren't killed earlier, because, like you said, it would put their DOB's at an earlier time and someone may have a lead and it could get overlooked because of the differences in time-frames.

I feel like people are looking more toward 1980-1981 now because of Evan's timeline (his work in Bear Brook State Park, his sudden disappearance, etc.), but I'm not opposed to their deaths occurring as early as 1977. That is the earliest the whereabouts of Evans was known, and he was in the area. He could have moved to Manchester with the victims, or they joined him shortly after. No one remembers them because Evans is new to the area. I think another reason for the assumption that they were killed later was the Carol Cable wires found with the bodies, and Denise being employed there. I see that being circumstantial evidence, but at the same time, with Evans being an electrician since at least 1977, he possibly was shopping at Carol Cable long before he even met Denise.

Also another thing I've thought about. Eunsoon's body was found hidden inside their residence. What if this is what Evans did before? What if he hid the body/bodies where he knew they wouldn't be found, and then when he was ready to skip town to another alias he dumps the body/bodies? Could Evans have concealed the bodies and dumped them shortly before leaving in 1981?

I have a few theories about the middle child's mother:
1. She was murdered but not a missing person or died by non-suspicious means, and RE, being the father, was contacted and told to come pick her up.
2. She was (still is) incarcerated and RE was given custody of the middle child
3. She was a missing person who wasn't reported or was reported missing but doesn't have DNA in the system, met up with RE, had a baby with him, he killed her and took off with the child.
4. She willingly gave the child to her father (RE) because she could no longer care for her and has never looked for her.
5. Both mother and middle child were never reported missing because the circumstances around their departure weren't considered suspicious, similar to what happened with Denise & Dawn Beaudin. Mother met foul play but hasn't been found yet.
I don't believe the middle child is one of the current reported missing children who have DNA in CODIS
I don't believe the middle child's mother is one of the currently reported missing females or sets of female unidentified remains with DNA in CODIS because she would have matched with the middle child. According to NamUs, they do cross compare (for lack of a better term).
FWIW, this is just my take on things.

1. She was murdered but not a missing person or died by non-suspicious means, and RE, being the father, was contacted and told to come pick her up.
3. She was a missing person who wasn't reported or was reported missing but doesn't have DNA in the system, met up with RE, had a baby with him, he killed her and took off with the child.
4. She willingly gave the child to her father (RE) because she could no longer care for her and has never looked for her.
5. Both mother and middle child were never reported missing because the circumstances around their departure weren't considered suspicious, similar to what happened with Denise & Dawn Beaudin. Mother met foul play but hasn't been found yet.
I don't believe the middle child is one of the current reported missing children who have DNA in CODIS
I don't believe the middle child's mother is one of the currently reported missing females or sets of female unidentified remains with DNA in CODIS because she would have matched with the middle child. According to NamUs, they do cross compare (for lack of a better term).

Variation on 4: she was a pregnant teenager who gave the baby up for adoption, and RE and "Denise LaPorte" or "Elizabeth" adopted her, either legally or under false pretenses. In which case she might be fine and might never have looked for the child.

How about Sharon Baldeagle for the mother of his child?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

I have wondered about the year of death and posted about it before. The time of the killings was estimated to be around 1977-1985, but with the discovery of Evans it narrowed to the latest being 1981. But did it narrow more? Is the late 70's not as probable anymore? IMO I think it's important to not discredit it until we have solid proof they weren't killed earlier, because, like you said, it would put their DOB's at an earlier time and someone may have a lead and it could get overlooked because of the differences in time-frames.

I feel like people are looking more toward 1980-1981 now because of Evan's timeline (his work in Bear Brook State Park, his sudden disappearance, etc.), but I'm not opposed to their deaths occurring as early as 1977. That is the earliest the whereabouts of Evans was known, and he was in the area. He could have moved to Manchester with the victims, or they joined him shortly after. No one remembers them because Evans is new to the area. I think another reason for the assumption that they were killed later was the Carol Cable wires found with the bodies, and Denise being employed there. I see that being circumstantial evidence, but at the same time, with Evans being an electrician since at least 1977, he possibly was shopping at Carol Cable long before he even met Denise.

Also another thing I've thought about. Eunsoon's body was found hidden inside their residence. What if this is what Evans did before? What if he hid the body/bodies where he knew they wouldn't be found, and then when he was ready to skip town to another alias he dumps the body/bodies? Could Evans have concealed the bodies and dumped them shortly before leaving in 1981?

I had always figured he killed them shortly after meeting Denise in 81, so with RE's daughter being 3-4, I was only searching from 1976 to 1981. Now with this article stating they believed the murders happened in 1977, that gives a much earlier window to search for. With that earlier timeline I'm seeing 27 possible missing females from NAMUS. Another article said something about RE's child most likely being from Wisconsin, New York, Michigan, North Dakota or Minnesota. And that the four of them were only in the same area for a few weeks to a few months before they were killed. That means prior to arriving in NH RE must have been in one of those states. That narrows down his movements a little.
http://www.cbs58.com/story/30551500/girl-found-in-barrel-maybe-from-wisconsin Horrid as it sounds, I do agree that he may have hidden the bodies somewhere for a time before dumping them. If he arrived in NH in the winter he could very well have left them in a camper for at least a few months due to the cold. That would give him time to figure out a good dumping site. Maybe that's why he got caught with Eunsoon. He may have planned to move her but wasn't able to do it before her friends pressured police to find her.

The press conference mentioned a possible sighting of RE with a woman and children in the 1980s in California, so I'm keeping in mind that he might have returned to murder and discard them. I'm not quite sure how that would work but I don't want to close off options.

The California prison system, in regards to which alias to use, used the alias of Curtis Kimball, instead of Larry Vanner. There is a listing of California condemned inmates who have died in prison and his name is not on the list, maybe because Curtis Kimball was serving 15 years to life and that is not considered a condemned situation. Source: NH1, Tracing the many identities of Robert Evans. Google "California condemned inmates who have died in prison". There are two lists on the internet, on is shorter than the other.

The California prison system, in regards to which alias to use, used the alias of Curtis Kimball, instead of Larry Vanner. There is a listing of California condemned inmates who have died in prison and his name is not on the list, maybe because Curtis Kimball was serving 15 years to life and that is not considered a condemned situation. Source: NH1, Tracing the many identities of Robert Evans. Google "California condemned inmates who have died in prison". There are two lists on the internet, on is shorter than the other.

Yes, the case file is listed under the CMK alias. I'd love to read the filing but it's only available in person through the superior court. Probably doesn't say much anyway. He played it all very close to the vest. He continued to maintain he was "Lisa's" father even as he was being swabbed for paternity. This is someone who never told the truth, even as he was faced with being caught in a lie.

Reminds me of the heartbreaking story of Patricia Wood. Interestingly also from NH. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24935/1/

Probably should carry this over to the Allentown thread. It may be helpful there as well.

I'm also leary about the 1977 date because the article said something about that date coming from other sites on the internet or something to that effect. Sounds a little "iffy".

"According to online sources, they could have been killed as early as 1977."

https://www.forensicmag.com/article...-new-details-30-year-old-multiple-murder-case

Shouldn't have gone looking for more information, read a few disturbing details. The timeline initially when the first barrel was found determined the first two found had died between 1977 and 1985. Don't know why they thought they had been killed as late as 1985 since the remains were full skeletons, but that was the initial reporting from LE. (source: Boston Globe May 3 1987) Since we know he took off with Denise in 12/81 it would make sense that he killed them before he met Denise, but it is possible he killed them after Denise and returned to Bear Brook to dispose of them closer to 1985. Carbuff reminded me in another post that he was seen with a woman and three children in California in the 80's.

This article states he was using another alias when he stole the car in Idaho. Wonder what that alias was? But Evans eluded arrest until November 1988, when he was picked up in San Luis Obispo for driving a vehicle stolen in Idaho. The owner of the car knew Evans under yet another alias, Strelzin said http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/us/new-hampshire-cold-case-homicides/

Shouldn't have gone looking for more information, read a few disturbing details. The timeline initially when the first barrel was found determined the first two found had died between 1977 and 1985. Don't know why they thought they had been killed as late as 1985 since the remains were full skeletons, but that was the initial reporting from LE. (source: Boston Globe May 3 1987) Since we know he took off with Denise in 12/81 it would make sense that he killed them before he met Denise, but it is possible he killed them after Denise and returned to Bear Brook to dispose of them closer to 1985. Carbuff reminded me in another post that he was seen with a woman and three children in California in the 80's.

I think the original dates when the first barrel was found in 1985 were determined using forensic techniques that were available at that time.
When they performed the advanced DNA testing & isotopes a couple of years ago, they narrowed it down to 1980-1984.
It's possible that he & Denise didn't leave NH right away when they disappeared. I don't believe we know their whereabouts from Nov. 1981 until his next known place of employment in CA, in 1984, do we? They could have stayed in NH, only left Manchester.
As I had mentioned on the Allenstown thread last year, Rockingham Park was under reconstruction during 1980-1984 due to a devastating fire.
It would almost make sense for him to move along there for work after his work at the mill was complete. Salem is not as close to Allenstown as Manchester, but it's less than an hour away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220