NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was his apt attached to a liquor store maybe?

Or, in a similar vein, if he was as much a drinker as is being made out, then there are likely some anchor spots to check out, especially if his presence was more or less pinned down for an entire decade in the 1990s. What package stores and liquor stores are nearby? Are the ones from the 90s still in operation and under the same ownership? If so, go flash his picture to said proprietors. "This guy ever come in and buy booze?" Local dive bars, same thing.

That loci of local drink is probably among the few public venues he would have reliably frequented.

IIRC, he only got 15 year sentence for killing Jun.I'm thinking he didn't confess to the NH killings because, if he had lived, he had hope of freedom after serving his time in CA. However, if he had also confessed to the 4 deaths in NH, I bet CA would have shipped his behind right off to NH to stand trial - maybe CA couldn't get the death penalty or a harsher sentence for Jun's death, but most likely he'd get one for 4 murders in NH. That's my take on it.
They probably couldn't prove first degree murder in Jun's case. He could say that they argued, went too far, wasn't planned, etc. With all the bodies in NH, no way that story works there.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

that would place his year of birth at 1951, the same year as his Kimball alias.How old did he claim to be in 1981 again? Mid-Late 30's?

Believe it was between 37-38 .... Having a senior memory moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he was telling the truth about his age. We don't really know.

Do you have a link to where you found this, or a court? I like your theory and would like to follow up and take it further if possible.

Sorry, I'll post sources from now on. That came from the archive newspaper site. Nashua Telegraph.

Or "what circuit?" . Which appears to be the mystery. LOL as I was just trying to figure out what NH circuit courts to check. I do take pause though and wonder if it's a play on words.

I've checked online courts in NH, but the slip opinions they post are only precedent setting ones. I did find the case in CA which put him away, but the case file itself requires a trip to the courthouse, the records are not online. The picture of him from 1980 was taken from a newspaper when he was arrested for theft of services, but I can't find the newspaper and the union leader isn't one of the papers on the newsarchive site. I'm guessing it's in that paper. I'd like to take a look at that article to see if there's anything else. On ancestry I also did a search on 925 Hayward St in Manchester and the only "Elizabeth" was a woman born in 1921 and it's unclear whether she was living there at the time RE resided there. I'm also looking for a 1980 phone book from Manchester. I also did a search on both Hillsborough and Merrimack counties in NH for any mention of Robert Evans and found nothing. There were several listings in the papers during his years for electricians with no names, just telephone numbers. Finding an old phone book or two might help cross reference those numbers with people or businesses. I'm trying to go backward from NH to find where he came from and what alias he may have used before. I've also searched military records and only found a Robert Evans who was in the coast guard reserves, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't him. Lastly, I did a search on licenses in NH for electricians and found nothing. There were Robert Evans's that had or have licenses, but none that could have been him given the time frame of the applications for license. Now I'm searching for kidnapped children by parents. In that timeframe, parental kidnappings were handled much differently and states didn't communicate across state lines as well. I'm hoping something will come up.

No problem. I've posted the sources.
That's what I'm saying though: we are implying that these probably-not-Evans people might be a serial killer.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That's what I'm saying though: we are implying that these probably-not-Evans people might be a serial killer.

So the issue was not sources?

So the issue was not sources?
It was for somebody else. I'm just reminding everybody to be careful, is all. I was sure I had found a relative, but on further search, it was two different people, neither of whom were likely to be related. So some vagueness may be necessary.

It was for somebody else. I'm just reminding everybody to be careful, is all. I was sure I had found a relative, but on further search, it was two different people, neither of whom were likely to be related. So some vagueness may be necessary.

I understand your concern. I had posed it as a question as to whether he may have used that alias previously. Just as someone else had posted a question about a RE who was in the Navy they found on ancestry. These are just possible connections, just as any person we'd find through NAMUS or other missing persons' sites. We've noted people who may have been missing at that time who may have been RE as well which is again accusing a potentially innocent person of being a serial killer. Sounds like we need a moderator to help us navigate this. :) You're right, we shouldn't be accusing innocent people of being a serial killer and yet it's helpful to share what we're finding. It's a thin wire to balance on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds