NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think I found the real Robert T Evans born June 22, 1944. Sigh. Looks like another alias he stole. I searched ancestry and found two references to a Robert T Evans (no Robert C Evans) with that dob outside of NH. He's still alive so there is no way it's the same person. Which makes it appear the RE alias was another stolen identity. I had hoped he might have used his real name once. I also searched Ulos with different variations and haven't found anything that looks connected on ancestry. I still don't believe the Ulos Jensen story either. So, back to the newsarchive to see if I can find any kidnapped children or a mother who left with her daughters. I'm not convinced the woman in the barrel was the "Elizabeth" he used for his arrest or who signed for mail for him. We know that electrical cord he used to bind the bodies was obtained from General Cable where Denise worked. Could he have met Denise while doing some work at General Cable and decided he needed to find a new victim and killed the family and his daughter? Any information on when and how he and Denise met? Did we read somewhere that no one saw him with a woman and three other children while in NH? Just struck me that maybe the woman and the children followed him here at a later time and by that time he'd already met Denise so he killed them. Maybe he didn't travel with them to NH. Or maybe he travelled to where they were and brought their bodies here to dispose of them. Wouldn't have been difficult during those years to leave for work in one state while keeping a family in another, or even another town. Didn't someone say the isotopes showed they had been in the NH area for only a few weeks prior to death?

Well, I think I found the real Robert T Evans born June 22, 1944. Sigh. Looks like another alias he stole. I searched ancestry and found two references to a Robert T Evans (no Robert C Evans) with that dob outside of NH. He's still alive so there is no way it's the same person. Which makes it appear the RE alias was another stolen identity. I had hoped he might have used his real name once. I also searched Ulos with different variations and haven't found anything that looks connected on ancestry. I still don't believe the Ulos Jensen story either. So, back to the newsarchive to see if I can find any kidnapped children or a mother who left with her daughters. I'm not convinced the woman in the barrel was the "Elizabeth" he used for his arrest or who signed for mail for him. We know that electrical cord he used to bind the bodies was obtained from General Cable where Denise worked. Could he have met Denise while doing some work at General Cable and decided he needed to find a new victim and killed the family and his daughter? Any information on when and how he and Denise met? Did we read somewhere that no one saw him with a woman and three other children while in NH? Just struck me that maybe the woman and the children followed him here at a later time and by that time he'd already met Denise so he killed them. Maybe he didn't travel with them to NH. Or maybe he travelled to where they were and brought their bodies here to dispose of them. Wouldn't have been difficult during those years to leave for work in one state while keeping a family in another, or even another town. Didn't someone say the isotopes showed they had been in the NH area for only a few weeks prior to death?

If you have solid facts that you found the real RE, you should contact LE and let them know what you found. THey are researching so much stuff that what you found may actually help them.

Just to recap:
Larry Vanner working as a cook in 1976 in San Diego (source: Ancestry.com via San Diego, California, City Directory 1976)
Robert Evans arrested DUI 1974 (source: Newspaperarchive via Nashua Telegraph December 3, 1974) While we're on the issue of sources, I've asked a couple of times for a birthdate for the Robert Evans alias and been given a date, but I can't find anything to corroborate that date, can someone point me to the source for that birth date? When looking for a specific name on ancestry it really helps to narrow it down by a specific dob and so far I've been unable to find any source that lists his dob for the Robert Evans alias. That's why I'm so interested in the newspaper article when he was arrested for theft of services, I'm hoping to get a definitive dob.

Mom24, you are doing a wonderful job. I asked about sources once only so I could jump in and help follow up. Someone else mentioned sources as well but I don't know what their motive/concern was. I asked for the Larry Vanner source to see if I could help follow up. But now that I see you may have found the real RE, I am now wondering whether the Larry Vanner the Cook that you found may be the real Larry Vanner..... meaning another stolen identity of a real person. If so then that doesn't necessarily mean that the fake RE was in San Diego in 1976.

I lived in the Trailer Park a couple years before the first two where found,,, when the second two where found I lived just up the road a quarter mile or so

Since we're not really sure of the time of death, do you remember any females fitting the description of the four victims while you were living there?

I gave his info to a friend that's good with searching, this is what she said

I didn't see anything in 1942 or 43 for a Jenson or Jensen birth announcements in that area of Wyoming. It would take an on the ground person to read through years of Evanston & Rock Springs WY newspapers.

There are large families of the Jenson name in the Ogden Utah area which is close-ish. They appear to be LDS (Mormon). If he belongs to any of those families his early life would be documented in the current Mormon church records which the general public does not have access to.
It seems to me that he must have learned Korean in military or if he was a Mormon could have been a missionary in Korea.
He was a liar. I think DNA is only way to find any biological family. The Ulos name search was a total bust.

I gave his info to a friend that's good with searching, this is what she said

I didn't see anything in 1942 or 43 for a Jenson or Jensen birth announcements in that area of Wyoming. It would take an on the ground person to read through years of Evanston & Rock Springs WY newspapers.

There are large families of the Jenson name in the Ogden Utah area which is close-ish. They appear to be LDS (Mormon). If he belongs to any of those families his early life would be documented in the current Mormon church records which the general public does not have access to.
It seems to me that he must have learned Korean in military or if he was a Mormon could have been a missionary in Korea.
He was a liar. I think DNA is only way to find any biological family. The Ulos name search was a total bust.

Was Korean the foreign language he may have spoken? I had wondered which language they were referring to in articles. I did find a Ulos, but that's the only Ulos I found that even remotely came close to being him, and even that name I think the dob was in the 1920 so there was no way it could have been him. Like you, I think the only way they're going to find out anything real about him is by DNA. Now they can do a genetic research on his daughter to find her mother, but they can't use her DNA to find his family, yet. I hope in the next few years they'll be able to research the paternal line as well.

Since we're not really sure of the time of death, do you remember any females fitting the description of the four victims while you were living there?

I don't remember specific people on the property, the mindset in the area back in the day was " mind your own business" never paid attention to what was going on there. I was watching from across the street when the 2000 barrel was found I remember LE was a lot closer the road than where they said the Barrel was found. the Police photo of the second barrel doesn't sit well with me I think it's misleading, We found the exact location that the picture was taken and it's a lot farther down the Trail than I remember also in the picture there is no trash or junk in the back ground,,,, that place was littered with debris there would have been some in the picture.

I missed the Korea connection. What was that about?

I missed the Korea connection. What was that about?

Robert Evans/Lawrence Vanner was caught after he murdered Eunsoon Jun in California. Eunsoon was Korean and an article stated he had "ingratiated himself" into the Korean community during the time he began dating Eunsoon.

Robert Evans/Lawrence Vanner was caught after he murdered Eunsoon Jun in California. Eunsoon was Korean and an article stated he had "ingratiated himself" into the Korean community during the time he began dating Eunsoon.

I understand that, but how did we conclude he spoke Korean?

Is it my understanding that RE doesn't have any usable DNA?
I'm a bit confused how they were able to determine the middle child's paternity, most likely due to my lack of DNA expertise.
Would they be able to use the middle child's DNA to link to RE's family, if located, the same way they linked her to RE?

Is it my understanding that RE doesn't have any usable DNA?
I'm a bit confused how they were able to determine the middle child's paternity, most likely due to my lack of DNA expertise.
Would they be able to use the middle child's DNA to link to RE's family, if located, the same way they linked her to RE?

When they arrested RE, his fingerprints led them to his Gordon Jenson alias. As Jenson he had abandoned "Lisa" (Dawn's daughter) and there was a warrant for his arrest. So the detective asked him who Lisa was and he said Lisa was his daughter. After he was convicted for Eunsoon's murder, they did a DNA swab test on Lisa and RE and found he wasn't her father. Then the detective put a few threads together and realized he may be connected to the murdered family in the barrel and ran his DNA against the children and found the middle child was his biological daughter. Now that was done with a swab test and they can prove or disprove paternity in the future for other children, but there isn't enough genetic information with a swab test to run a genealogical genetic test, at least yet. And while we can do genetic tests for maternal lines, we can't do them for paternal lines, yet. So while we can still extract DNA from his daughter, all we'd be able to find is her maternal line. While still helpful, we can't, as of yet find any further information from RE because that would be the daughter's paternal line. Additionally, we can't get any more genetic information from RE because he was cremated. So all we have is a basic genetic profile only really useful for paternity issues. That's the basics.

I understand that, but how did we conclude he spoke Korean?

That was my question in post 703. They said he may have spoken a foreign language, but that was the first time I'd ever seen it specifically referred to as Korean.

When they arrested RE, his fingerprints led them to his Gordon Jenson alias. As Jenson he had abandoned "Lisa" (Dawn's daughter) and there was a warrant for his arrest. So the detective asked him who Lisa was and he said Lisa was his daughter. After he was convicted for Eunsoon's murder, they did a DNA swab test on Lisa and RE and found he wasn't her father. Then the detective put a few threads together and realized he may be connected to the murdered family in the barrel and ran his DNA against the children and found the middle child was his biological daughter. Now that was done with a swab test and they can prove or disprove paternity in the future for other children, but there isn't enough genetic information with a swab test to run a genealogical genetic test, at least yet. And while we can do genetic tests for maternal lines, we can't do them for paternal lines, yet. So while we can still extract DNA from his daughter, all we'd be able to find is her maternal line. While still helpful, we can't, as of yet find any further information from RE because that would be the daughter's paternal line. Additionally, we can't get any more genetic information from RE because he was cremated. So all we have is a basic genetic profile only really useful for paternity issues. That's the basics.
Could they do it in reverse? Like, if they found potential male siblings, could they use that information link them?

Could they do it in reverse? Like, if they found potential male siblings, could they use that information link them?
I believe so, yes.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members