NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There hasn't been much said by the authorities on whether he abused the children he came in contact with. Maybe he abandoned Lisa/Dawn because he may have thought she might have said something incriminating. When the authorities arrested Robert for abandoning the child, I don't think any charges were brought about concerning abuse.

There hasn't been much said by the authorities on whether he abused the children he came in contact with. Maybe he abandoned Lisa/Dawn because he may have thought she might have said something incriminating. When the authorities arrested Robert for abandoning the child, I don't think any charges were brought about concerning abuse.

He sought after for child abandonment and molestation. The molestation charges weren't based off of a physical examination of Lisa, but from interviews with her, and accounts from the people RE left her with. He was never charged with the molestation charges because Lisa's foster parents didn't want her to have to go stand trial, because she had been through enough.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/10450668/the_san_bernardino_county_sun/

I don't mean to be critical or disrespectful, but I'm having a hard time following the trail of facts in this case. Sorry, but fact-checking is part of what i do for a living. The article you cited does not say anything about a witness nor about a 6 month old being seen with RE and Lisa. It does quote an Anaheim police officer who appears to be setting forth what I assumed to be a suspected MO...a very strong one at that. But I'm just not seeing the facts that you're citing.

Also want to add that if there is such a 6 month old, is it the daughter of Donna Walter? It also makes sense to me that if this was his MO, he would start looking for younger infant victims. He had no use for the victims once they reached the age they could talk and reveal his secrets. It also makes sense that he'd ditch or kill the mothers and kids before the kids started pre-school or school. THey'd be less likely to be missed by someone. So, I think the theory is there and entirely possible. Just not seeing those facts released in the press.

OK, where do I start....
First the whole idea is to help identify other victims and give their families some closure.
The concept of being verified on this site is to be able to post info that may have been released but hasn't made it into print yet. (As I understand it) There will be more media coverage in the future.
I'm here solely to help folk pick the direction of their searches (pertinent suspect locations/time-frames) for information to attain the goal of giving other families some closure.
Example-the info on his business license under Larry Vanner with a previously unknown address-that was great.
BTW-In the Anaheim video he does mention a woman and other children and also makes clear what abuse the children are subject to. It is unknown if the Donna Walter the suspect referred to was a made up name of a real person or just a complete fabrication.
Also please spread his pictures with the case info-with hopes that someone will recognize him and come forward with more information on him and other victims.
Thank you.

I have two problems with the Anaheim piece. (1) The news report says Bob Evans was "convicted" of the murder of Eunsoon Jun. The definition of convicted is the finding of guilty. Robert Evans/Larry Vanner plead guilty and I suppose that if you really stretched the definition of convicted, that would apply, but it would be much more accurate to say he plead guilty.
(2) The Anaheim article said that ultimately Robert would murder the children. Not true, he did not murder Lisa/Dawn.

OK, where do I start....
First the whole idea is to help identify other victims and give their families some closure.
The concept of being verified on this site is to be able to post info that may have been released but hasn't made it into print yet. (As I understand it) There will be more media coverage in the future.
I'm here solely to help folk pick the direction of their searches (pertinent suspect locations/time-frames) for information to attain the goal of giving other families some closure.
Example-the info on his business license under Larry Vanner with a previously unknown address-that was great.
BTW-In the Anaheim video he does mention a woman and other children and also makes clear what abuse the children are subject to. It is unknown if the Donna Walter the suspect referred to was a made up name of a real person or just a complete fabrication.
Also please spread his pictures with the case info-with hopes that someone will recognize him and come forward with more information on him and other victims.
Thank you.

Thank you for those clarifications. I was just trying to follow the link you provided.

I have two problems with the Anaheim piece. (1) The news report says Bob Evans was "convicted" of the murder of Eunsoon Jun. The definition of convicted is the finding of guilty. Robert Evans/Larry Vanner plead guilty and I suppose that if you really stretched the definition of convicted, that would apply, but it would be much more accurate to say he plead guilty.
(2) The Anaheim article said that ultimately Robert would murder the children. Not true, he did not murder Lisa/Dawn.

Generally it doesn't matter whether you plead guilty or are found guilty by a jury. Those are both considered convictions. If you look in jail records, for instance, it only lists the crime you're there for, it doesn't say how the determination was reached.

One thing I've been thinking about to consider in the search for other possible RE victims. The Allenstown victims were dumped 2 towns over from where he lived but was in the same county. Searching neighboring cities where he lived might unearth something.

Also, possible victims could be unsolved murders where the victim is known, I know obvious, but my point is that it is harder to research than scanning through missing persons sites. Is there an online database that profiles unsolved murders much like missing persons databases? That would be helpful.

Another thing I've wondered is did he flee each location after a murder? With that being said one can only hope he took a hiatus from killing from 1990-2001 since he stayed there so long.

One thing I don't understand is why he didn't dump Eunsoon if he knew her family and friends were onto him. I looked it up and there was state/regional parks nearby and he was very close to the San Francisco Bay. Unrelated but Alcatraz was nearby, wow!

Does anybody really think this guy could have been born in the 1930s? If so, could Little Miss Nobody of Arizona have been a victim? If really born in 1933, he would have been 27 when she was found in 1960. Being younger, he would have been less adept at disposing of his victims.

Does anybody really think this guy could have been born in the 1930s? If so, could Little Miss Nobody of Arizona have been a victim? If really born in 1933, he would have been 27 when she was found in 1960. Being younger, he would have been less adept at disposing of his victims.

That would place him at 48 in 1981 when he was with Denise, which according to pictures he looks younger than to be almost 50. Little Miss Nobody (I always hated that name for her! :( ) is in his age range for known victims. It could be possible this was his first victim, but I see him being more in the 18-20ish then, which would place his year of birth being in the 1940's.

That was pretty quick for somebody to get a book out to capitalize on the publicity.

That would place him at 48 in 1981 when he was with Denise, which according to pictures he looks younger than to be almost 50. Little Miss Nobody (I always hated that name for her! :( ) is in his age range for known victims. It could be possible this was his first victim, but I see him being more in the 18-20ish then, which would place his year of birth being in the 1940's.

Well even at 18 to 20ish, it could still be his first victim. He does state he went to school in AZ. Although I still don't know if I believe that.

And how in the world does he know how this is going to end!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Well even at 18 to 20ish, it could still be his first victim. He does state he went to school in AZ. Although I still don't know if I believe that.

Sorry if I didn't make that clear. I think she could very well be his first victim. The Allenstown victims, the way of disposal, unclothed, even the area seems like the work of an experienced killer, especially killing 4 people all together. Most likely someone that has killed before. If he did start killing in 1960, then that's 42 year span of killings, Yikes!

I have a link for that and have been searching the newspapwr archives for similar stories in CA at the time he was known to have been in the area. http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...r-cases-san-diego-co-2010mar06-htmlstory.html

These two victims might warrant further investigation, but the rest fall out of RE's known MO or into the date ranges in which he was incarcerated: Charitie Angelique Careins and Rasheeyda Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any sources that say why LE thinks RE was in the Navy? One of my research group members thinks that the knots in the electrical cord on the Allenstown 4 were military style. Can you all verify that?

Does anyone have any sources that say why LE thinks RE was in the Navy? One of my research group members thinks that the knots in the electrical cord on the Allenstown 4 were military style. Can you all verify that?

From the Boston Globe:
Little investigative clues have mounted, however. Based on things he said and his history, they believe he may have been in the military, perhaps in the U.S. Navy, prior to appearing on the New Hampshire radar in 1977. Heavy drinking marked his entire life, including the DWIs. And he also was a drifter, with only months at a time in the same place. Almost everyone he had met along his travels described him as aloof and strange.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-two-girls/4wlfVCvOkLRi2xMEemRj6H/story.html

I also think this was reiterated in the recent press conference somewhat as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph