NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Boston Globe:
Little investigative clues have mounted, however. Based on things he said and his history, they believe he may have been in the military, perhaps in the U.S. Navy, prior to appearing on the New Hampshire radar in 1977. Heavy drinking marked his entire life, including the DWIs. And he also was a drifter, with only months at a time in the same place. Almost everyone he had met along his travels described him as aloof and strange.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...d-two-girls/4wlfVCvOkLRi2xMEemRj6H/story.html

I also think this was reiterated in the recent press conference somewhat as well.

I notice that DWI's is plural. Where else was he charged with that? The only one I am aware of is the 1984/5 (not looking at notes) in orange county I believe where he was also charged with child endangerment since he had Lisa with him.

I notice that DWI's is plural. Where else was he charged with that? The only one I am aware of is the 1984/5 (not looking at notes) in orange county I believe where he was also charged with child endangerment since he had Lisa with him.

I thought there was another California one that he skipped out on, a few years earlier?

I knows that's right! The case exploded on Jan 26th and this book came out on Feb 11th.

This is from same self publishing company that I purchased a book about Tammy Leppart.it was the equivelant of a middle school homework assignment.if you look at it further,it only had 58pages,and its,double spaced,in large print.total ripoff.i cant imagine there would be anything informative in it.

I knows that's right! The case exploded on Jan 26th and this book came out on Feb 11th.

Reading the description, it sounds like it's mostly a summary of the LE presentation and related newspaper articles.

There are rumors that he was charged with a DUI in NH and Georgia too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading the description, it sounds like it's mostly a summary of the LE presentation and related newspaper articles.

I read the book, its a cursory overview. Way too elementary for us, but a decent read for anyone not familiar with the case.

I thought there was another California one that he skipped out on, a few years earlier?

I'm going to make a incomplete list of his arrests. Please add if you know of others.

Manchester, NH- Robert T. Evans
Dec 1979- Bad Check
May 1980- Stealing electricity
Oct 1980- Diverting electric current

Orange county, CA- Curtis Mayo Kimball
May 1985- DUI, Child endangerment

Santa Cruz county, CA- Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen
Jun 1986- Child abandonment; Molestation(Charges eventually dropped)

San Luis Obispo County, CA- Gerald "Gerry" Mockerman
Nov 1988- Vehicle Theft
Mar 1989- Warrants for 1986 child abandonment charges

Contra Costa County, CA- Lawrence William Vanner, (but arrested under Kimball alias)
Nov 2002- Murder

I know there was a Gordon Jenson arrest in Greensboro, GA. FortheVictims places it inbetween him abandoning Lisa in 1986 and 1987 when he was in Preston, Idaho. It was talked about in this thread a couple pages back.

Another thought I've had. Did RE ever fly to these locations? As opposed to driving from CA to GA to ID. He did steal a vehicle in ID, could that be because he flew there and didn't have a vehicle when he decided to leave the area?

Thank you, but this don't say why they thought that. That's what I am looking for. Why do they think he was in the Navy? Let face the facts, RE's word wasn't trustworthy.

SillyGoose,

One of the main LE investigators in the January 2017 press conference spoke to this. The evidence adduced for this belief on the part of LE was vague, something to the effect of:

"Based on some of our knowledge of his work history - including the types of knots he would use and similar [manual] techniques - we believe there was a good chance that RE spent some time in the military."

He might have even said: "...some time in the military, possibly the navy."

Sorry I can't recall if the investigator at the press conference hit on the navy specifically or the military in general. But the belief that he may have had a military stint definitely came up in the press conference. In context, it seemed like investigators were suggesting that RE was either skilled as an electrician or general handyman - and that he used some specialized tricks that either a non-military contractor or a simple layperson was impressed by or found memorable enough to recount years later to investigators. A second more gruesome possibility is that LE itself formed this impression simply from the kinds of knots/"workmanship" they discovered the crime scenes in Allenstown or at Eun Jun's house (sorry - cannot remember her name at all).

These two victims might warrant further investigation, but the rest fall out of RE's known MO or into the date ranges in which he was incarcerated: Charitie Angelique Careins and Rasheeyda Wilson.

Yes, those were the two I was looking at as well.

I'm going to make a incomplete list of his arrests. Please add if you know of others.

Dec 1979- Bad Check

Nov 1988- Vehicle Theft

Contra Costa County, CA- Lawrence William Vanner, (but arrested under Kimball alias)
Nov 2002- Murder

I know there was a Gordon Jenson arrest in Greensboro, GA. FortheVictims places it inbetween him abandoning Lisa in 1986 and 1987 when he was in Preston, Idaho. It was talked about in this thread a couple pages back.

Another thought I've had. Did RE ever fly to these locations? As opposed to driving from CA to GA to ID. He did steal a vehicle in ID, could that be because he flew there and didn't have a vehicle when he decided to leave the area?
Did we think there was a possibility of him trying to get an id in the name of "Charles Lee Canavesio" in CA before he went to NH, or was that ruled out?

Did we think there was a possibility of him trying to get an id in the name of "Charles Lee Canavesio" in CA before he went to NH, or was that ruled out?

Yes, I believe that ForTheVictims thinks it was him per his comments earlier in the thread, but that everyone involved in the case appears to be deceased. The trial transcripts are also lost, so it can't be confirmed. ForTheVictims was hoping we would look into it some more.

(RBBM)
I concur. I know everyone has different goals in trying to discover RE's true identity-mine is to help identify the Allenstown victims, so what happened prior to him leaving Manchester is my focus. I'm trying to place him in an area where the middle child was born/lived, but none of the dates and locations seem to be matching up as of yet. The earliest date in court document puts him in CA close to the time she may have been conceived/born:

At the preliminary hearing, John McKee, a special investigator with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), introduced three DMV forms to the court: (1) an application for a California driver's license signed by Gordon Jensen and dated September 18, 1975; (2) an application for a California identification card signed by Charles Lee Canavesio and dated November 8, 1976; and (3) an application for a California identification card signed by Gordon Jensen and dated August 16, 1977.

Also, the court document was dated 1979. Was the respondent present? I can't tell.
Has anyone tried to contact the counsel for defense listed in document?

So people catching know what we are talking about. I had to look back, I forgot all about it.

Yes, I believe that ForTheVictims thinks it was him per his comments earlier in the thread, but that everyone involved in the case appears to be deceased. The trial transcripts are also lost, so it can't be confirmed. ForTheVictims was hoping we would look into it some more.

I've looked and can't find anything. Was wondering if we should add that as a possible on the timeline though.

Dec 1979- Bad Check

Nov 1988- Vehicle Theft

Nov 2002- Murder

Was there also an actual arrest in Idaho for stealing the car? Now I'm confused. Did he steal the car in Idaho or Texas?

This is a very old case but if RE turns out to be from the Idaho area it would be worth looking into
845DMID - Fred Donald Miller from the doe network

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

This is a very old case but if RE turns out to be from the Idaho area it would be worth looking into
845DMID - Fred Donald Miller from the doe network

Looking into for what? Isn't he too old to be RE?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yes but he was last seen with 2 hitchhikers. It just seems something RE might have done imo

There was no arrest in Idaho, believe there may be some confusion.

The vehicle RE was driving at the time he was arrested in San Luis Obispo (1988) had been stolen from Preston, Idaho.

Have been on vacation the past week still catching up, will look over notes tomorrow.

Many thanks FTV for coming back to the thread, appreciate your input and guidance. Hopefully more will be accomplished in Locating victims or possibly identifying RE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member