NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't understand is how come RE's name didn't come up in 1985 when the first barrel was found, because the owner of the property told LE he was notorious for dumping things there.

From : Finding the Allenstown killer: Calif. case shows killer's lies

[FONT=&amp]By SHAWNE K. WICKHAM
New Hampshire Sunday News[/FONT]

January 28. 2017 10:08PM

"..."Jenson said Lisa's mother had been killed in a traffic accident in Texas, but he told other people that Lisa's mother (his wife) was killed in a robbery in Texas," the report stated....."

:moo: I wonder could he have been thinking of his bio-daughter's mother ?

"...
He died in prison on Dec. 28, 2010, having never disclosed who the child Lisa was and where she was from...."

Yes, but that would have been 1974 and it appears that she had another child by a different man after that date. It doesn't preclude the Arizona woman being Elizabeth but it makes it less likely.

Who is "she" and what child are you referencing?

Who is "she" and what child are you referencing?

I was referring to the elusive "Elizabeth" who Rasmussen
/Evans was apparently living with in 1980 and is very likely the adult Bear Brook victim. I was debunking speculation that she was the woman he was with in 1974.

Since "Elizabeth" has a child by someone other than Rasmussen/Evans in 1977-78 approx (the youngest Bear Brook victim) she was probably not with Rasmussen/Evans in 1974.

I have made a few assumptions that are not proven but I believe are likely correct:

"Elizabeth" was the biological mother of the oldest and youngest BB children.

Rasmussen/Evans was in a relationship with "Elizabeth" and lived with her and the three children when he killed them.

The four victims were killed at the same time ( although not necessarily dumped at the Bear Brook property together.

Kemo, I agree with your line of thought.

Its easy to presume that He killed the mother, of his child. But we certianly don't know. She could have been:
killed by TR
Killed in an accident
Died of illness
Gone to jail
Just abandoned them.
She could still be alive, for all we know.
The only thing safe to presume is wherever she is, she isnt looking for them.

As far as the other victims...It's hard to imagine 3 people can just vanish without families seeking them. Then again, they disappeared well before the internet age. Perhaps their friends/ family just are not proficient with technology.

But, there has to be someone...out there these people belong to. So it was with Denise.

Lastly. The disposal. I keep returning to the murder we have details about - The poor California woman. Specifically the kitty litter aspect. I've never heard of keeping a body in kitty litter. That said, i suppose that its pretty effective in dehydrating a body. In time, i imagine it probably decrease body mass, absorbs odors, and contains the mess caused by decomposition. For that matter, i imagine you can change it out, throw out the old stuff, and replace it with fresh litter.... It has to make dismemberment easier, and less mess.

Anyway.... is this the first time he's used this trick?

To recap we don't know:

What became of the mother of TRs daughter. Dead, Jail, derelict?

Where could the father/ family of the 2 youngest girls be? Dead, Jail, derelict?

Did the girls even know one another? Or just end up in the barrels together?

Did these girls end up in his basement under a pile of kitty litter? Together, separate?

So many scenarios. None of which make any sense.

One thing that keeps crossing my mind is whether or not TR knew middle child victim was his bio daughter.

We know middle child has Native American / Hispanic features. Wondering if TR thought middle child's mom cheated on him with someone else since the baby looked nothing like him and that threw him into a raging fit and killing middle child's mom. Makes me wonder if middle child's mom is the first victim and this is where TR realized his sicko passion for killing woman. Then he used his own daughter (not knowing or thinking it's really his daughter) to lure another woman with her kids to him. And this is the other Allenstown victims, and then he moved on to Denise.

Guess no one knew at that time if he had a wife or child/ren either. Otherwise he probably would of been a prime suspect.

It's in the raw footage of the Jan. 2017 press conference at about 49 min mark. Strelzin said he was known to dump material from the mill on that property.
Exactly. "He was known to dump materials from the mill on that property, including those barrels." Alleykins, you have asked the question we wondered why no one was asking.

Exactly. "He was known to dump materials from the mill on that property, including those barrels." Alleykins, you have asked the question we wondered why no one was asking.

It sets off my hinky meter.

Reading one of Alleykins earlier posts, I offer that for all any of us knows (with the possible exception of forthevictims), his name did come up in 1985, but he was long gone from the area, and there very well may have been no trace of "Robert Evans." I keep reminding myself that it doesn't appear to me anyone has been looking for the victims, so without a "victims' advocate," other, seemingly more pressing matters may have occupied law enforcement until "The Lisa/Denise Connection" was made. For those who have followed this thread from the beginning, you may remember I have been a passionate advocate for NH law enforcement based on my personal experience, but there is the intervening reality that funds are limited by budgetary constraints.

By the way, I was away for almost seven weeks, so I have been diligently reading all the insightful posts--THANK YOU!

Reading one of Alleykins earlier posts, I offer that for all any of us knows (with the possible exception of forthevictims), his name did come up in 1985, but he was long gone from the area, and there very well may have been no trace of "Robert Evans." I keep reminding myself that it doesn't appear to me anyone has been looking for the victims, so without a "victims' advocate," other, seemingly more pressing matters may have occupied law enforcement until "The Lisa/Denise Connection" was made. For those who have followed this thread from the beginning, you may remember I have been a passionate advocate for NH law enforcement based on my personal experience, but there is the intervening reality that funds are limited by budgetary constraints.By the way, I was away for almost seven weeks, so I have been diligently reading all the insightful posts--THANK YOU!

BBM for focus
You're right, Kiln Wood, there is a possibility his name may have come up back then and we would never know. What I was basing my statement was one (or possibly two) of the new articles stated that RE was first brought to investigators' attention in 2014. I think their links are in the first thread.
It definitely would be something to ask at a future press conference, should they ever have one.

Reading one of Alleykins earlier posts, I offer that for all any of us knows (with the possible exception of forthevictims), his name did come up in 1985, but he was long gone from the area, and there very well may have been no trace of "Robert Evans." I keep reminding myself that it doesn't appear to me anyone has been looking for the victims, so without a "victims' advocate," other, seemingly more pressing matters may have occupied law enforcement until "The Lisa/Denise Connection" was made. For those who have followed this thread from the beginning, you may remember I have been a passionate advocate for NH law enforcement based on my personal experience, but there is the intervening reality that funds are limited by budgetary constraints.

By the way, I was away for almost seven weeks, so I have been diligently reading all the insightful posts--THANK YOU!
Good thoughts.

I remember several major efforts between 2000 when the second barrel was found and 2014 when Denise and Lisa came into the picture. Isotopes and DNA were done, there were other searches and hundreds of interviews, and there was at least one media campaign that I was aware of. Most of the public effort went to trying to identify the victims rather than track the killer, but there were announcements for events like when the Yates family was ruled out and when the DNA results came back.

RE was not the only person dumping toxic waste in the area. I doubt if he was the only one who moved on. But even if his name did come up, he might not have been seen as a possibility because he didn't have a family. At the time, a girlfriend wouldn't have been included in his work record and the people he worked with who knew about the barrels quite likely didn't know about Denise.

And I think they were never sure whether the bodies were brought in a barrel or were placed in a barrel that happened to be lying there. If somebody just used an existing barrel, who put it there wouldn't have mattered.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I don't live anywhere near Southern NH so I had never heard of this case until the "Lisa" connection was made. My understanding is that this had been a Big Deal in the region there had been a lot of media coverage over the years. The emphasis on the investigation, however, was on identifying the victims rather than the perpetrator on the assumption that once the victims were identified, the crime would easily be solved.

No doubt many people were linked to the Bear Brook property and many were questioned or otherwise checked for missing women or children in their past. It was the fact that the name "Bob Evans" came up in the Bear Brook investigation and then in the "Lisa" investigation, that caused the case to break.

What is baffling to me is why nobody in the Manchester area reported the missing "Elizabeth" and the children. Also, much is known about Rasmussen/Evans' activities in 1981 when he was with Denise but whatever LE knows about his activities in 1979-80 period has not been released. He was employed at a large, Nationwide employer who must have had information about him such as address, next of kin etc. presumably whatever information is available was insufficient to establish her identity. While friends or neighbors of Rasmussen/Evans and Denise were located and were able to provide information and even photos, friend and neighbors from a year earlier were not forthcoming. This is surprising, particularly since the "Evans" would have been a fairly large family with at least one school aged child. Families like that are far more likely to be noticed and known by others in the community than a childless couple.

I don't live anywhere near Southern NH so I had never heard of this case until the "Lisa" connection was made. My understanding is that this had been a Big Deal in the region there had been a lot of media coverage over the years. The emphasis on the investigation, however, was on identifying the victims rather than the perpetrator on the assumption that once the victims were identified, the crime would easily be solved.

No doubt many people were linked to the Bear Brook property and many were questioned or otherwise checked for missing women or children in their past. It was the fact that the name "Bob Evans" came up in the Bear Brook investigation and then in the "Lisa" investigation, that caused the case to break.

What is baffling to me is why nobody in the Manchester area reported the missing "Elizabeth" and the children. Also, much is known about Rasmussen/Evans' activities in 1981 when he was with Denise but whatever LE knows about his activities in 1979-80 period has not been released. He was employed at a large, Nationwide employer who must have had information about him such as address, next of kin etc. presumably whatever information is available was insufficient to establish her identity. While friends or neighbors of Rasmussen/Evans and Denise were located and were able to provide information and even photos, friend and neighbors from a year earlier were not forthcoming. This is surprising, particularly since the "Evans" would have been a fairly large family with at least one school aged child. Families like that are far more likely to be noticed and known by others in the community than a childless couple.
For one thing, Elizabeth and her kids might not be missing. She might have just said, "I'm leaving," and packed up and left.

And if it is her in the barrel, he likely used the same story.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I still think we should be careful not to think that the victims in the barrel were never "reported" missing. They may have been reported missing but not "officially" or their local police may have brushed off the concerns of family and friends resulting in them not relying on police to search for their loved ones. This wouldn't be the first time family and friends searched for missing loved ones on their own due to police not registering persons as missing for one reason or another.

I really hope they find out the identity of the victims. I don't want to think that there was no one out there who didn't miss them or even worry about them for a second.

I still think we should be careful not to think that the victims in the barrel were never "reported" missing. They may have been reported missing but not "officially" or their local police may have brushed off the concerns of family and friends resulting in them not relying on police to search for their loved ones. This wouldn't be the first time family and friends searched for missing loved ones on their own due to police not registering persons as missing for one reason or another.

I really hope they find out the identity of the victims. I don't want to think that there was no one out there who didn't miss them or even worry about them for a second.

In 1979-81, when what ever happened to the 4 Bear Brook victims occurred, it is very possible that no reports of missing people were ever filed. Back then, LE was very dismissive of MP reports and often refused to take them unless filed by close relatives. In addition, people would assume that if someone just "took off" without telling anyone, they must have had their reasons and would not involve"the authorities". Anyone who has followed True Crime is well aware of this.

Once bodies turn up and and an active investigation is underway, it is different. The media reports on the mystery UI (unidentified Individual) and many inquiries are made of missing friends and relatives. The UI is usually identified and if they aren't, it is generally assumed that the UI was not local or lived very much on the fringes of society.

The Bear Brook Barrel bodies case was a huge story in the Manchester area over many years, starting in 1985 and continuing after 2000 when the second barrel was found right up to the present. It is hard to believe that there is anyone who had lived in the area during the entire period who wasn't aware of the Bear Brook bodies. Certainly every time the story was run, there would be a plea for information and people who were there in the late 70's-early 80's would think back and wonder if they could remember anything.
I would like to bet there were hundreds of leads called in; presumably all ruled out. (I've wondered if Denise Beaudin's name ever came up).

It seems me that someone must remember something if there was an Evans Family living in Manchester in 1980. That is a big "if". The Bear Brook victims may not have lived in the Manchester area (but who was Elizabeth?, how do you explain his biological child?)

I think the answer to this whole mystery lies in the very short period between the time Terry Rasmussen left Brown & Root in Houston in 1978 and the time Robert Evans began working at Woumbec Mills in either 1978 or 1979. <modsnip>

Wonder if missing / Unidentified from 1985 back have been looked into. Considering there is vague estimate as to date of demise. I know that doesn't fit the scenario of what has been put forward, but what IF . <shrug> I would imagine there may be information that isn't generally known that would indicate that that would NOT be a possibility. Unfortunately everything seems to be an approximation from the relationship of the four victims, to the date of their demise, to when Bob Evans actually started working at Waumbec Mills, or even when he moved to Hayward St. in Manchester.

Kemo mentioned Evans's living in Manchester, well there were a few Evans's living in Manchester, Before 1980's and after. As well as a number of Evans's in the surrounding towns as well.

Wonder if missing / Unidentified from 1985 back have been looked into. Considering there is vague estimate as to date of demise. I know that doesn't fit the scenario of what has been put forward, but what IF . <shrug> I would imagine there may be information that isn't generally known that would indicate that that would NOT be a possibility. Unfortunately everything seems to be an approximation from the relationship of the four victims, to the date of their demise, to when Bob Evans actually started working at Waumbec Mills, or even when he moved to Hayward St. in Manchester.

Kemo mentioned Evans's living in Manchester, well there were a few Evans's living in Manchester, Before 1980's and after. As well as a number of Evans's in the surrounding towns as well.

I know the Reapps were considered early on when the first barrel was found. They went missing in 1978 from VT: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-32-Jericho-6-June-1978/page4&highlight=Reapp
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reapp_grace.html
Also, the Yates were considered, too, but they were recently found alive and well.
I feel confident that known missing persons were considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220