NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably one of the saddest unidentified persons cases ever... ok, one person is found somewhere and is then unidentified. But, FOUR? Four bodies found in proximity of one another yet we have no idea who they were. It breaks my heart to know what they must have endured. Rasmussen is a low-life *******, an evil piece of fecal matter. I struggle not to hate this man.

Forgive me if this is duplicate my first post didn't show to go through
I'm curious about something and maybe someone on here would know. I've wondered if LE takes cases like this where there is already a DNA profile ran and enters it into some of the ancestry sites like 21 & me or ancestry ? I'm sure there are probably genealogist out there that would donate some of their time.

It just seems like so many people are using these lately that it may actually help with some of these cases that seem to be just stuck and in need of something to kick start it.
It may be a question of budget concerns or man hours but I was just curious if anyone had heard of any using these sites.

Forgive me if this is duplicate my first post didn't show to go through
I'm curious about something and maybe someone on here would know. I've wondered if LE takes cases like this where there is already a DNA profile ran and enters it into some of the ancestry sites like 21 & me or ancestry ? I'm sure there are probably genealogist out there that would donate some of their time.

It just seems like so many people are using these lately that it may actually help with some of these cases that seem to be just stuck and in need of something to kick start it.
It may be a question of budget concerns or man hours but I was just curious if anyone had heard of any using these sites.

They don't for privacy reasons, and most of those sites don't want investigators using their services to track down criminals. I read about that happening to someone.
Also, I think the protocols are different. Roselvr can probably answer this better, hopefully she will weigh in on it.
At one of the press conferences on the Allenstown case (TR's victims), the AG was asked something similar, why don't they compare the victims' DNA to the criminal DB. He said the databases have different protocols and he didn't trust the integrity of the victims' profiles to use for a comparison. The adult females profile was so degraded, they couldn't even compare it to TR's to rule out a familial relationship. They're just guessing, based on circumstances, that she isn't.

They don't for privacy reasons, and most of those sites don't want investigators using their services to track down criminals. I read about that happening to someone.
Also, I think the protocols are different. Roselvr can probably answer this better, hopefully she will weigh in on it.
At one of the press conferences on the Allenstown case (TR's victims), the AG was asked something similar, why don't they compare the victims' DNA to the criminal DB. He said the databases have different protocols and he didn't trust the integrity of the victims' profiles to use for a comparison. The adult females profile was so degraded, they couldn't even compare it to TR's to rule out a familial relationship. They're just guessing, based on circumstances, that she isn't.
Wow, that is interesting! The adult's profile was degraded; however, her barrel was one of the first found and TR's daughter was found 15 years later and still could be matched to him. I wonder what could have made the adults so degraded?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I think they said in so many words they were lucky to get what profiles they did. I think it was enough for matching missing people but not linking to the crime scene database. Still, I wonder if they had if it would have hit on TR's (if it were in there from when he was ruled out as D/L's father). It's in the Nov 2015 WMUR raw footage. I don't post the link anymore because it takes up a whole page, but it's easy to find on utube.

I think they said in so many words they were lucky to get what profiles they did. I think it was enough for matching missing people but not linking to the crime scene database. Still, I wonder if they had if it would have hit on TR's (if it were in there from when he was ruled out as D/L's father). It's in the Nov 2015 WMUR raw footage. I don't post the link anymore because it takes up a whole page, but it's easy to find on utube.

Thank you, Alley. I didn’t know this information. Was it degraded because he put something like Lyme or a chemicals in the barrel? Or just exposure? I would love to know more about how matches work with this vs criminal. Fascinating.

Thank you, Alley. I didn’t know this information. Was it degraded because he put something like Lyme or a chemicals in the barrel? Or just exposure? I would love to know more about how matches work with this vs criminal. Fascinating.

I think it was due to the age & degradation of the remains, from what it sounded like. Have you had time to watch video? I think the AG explains a little of what you're asking during the Q& A section. I've watched it a handful of times, and I seem to recall something about it.

As far as I know LE has never confirmed either way about the barrels, but when the first one was found, the talk around New Hampshire was that it was a discarded paint barrel of some sort, possibly printer's ink. (I lived in Nashua at the time). If there was residue of some chemical in the barrel, that could have contributed to the degradation.

But sometimes it just happens with older remains. I've read that they've submitted samples at least three times, as technology has improved (can find it in WMUR archives I think), so it's not from lack of trying to get a better sample.

Let's have another look at the people who have been seen with or known to have associated with Terry that haven't been located or identified.

1. The female visitor who came with Terry to AZ in either 75/76 (this according to the NHDOJ)
2. Denise Beaudin (last seen Nov 1981)
3. The Allenstown 4 (discovered 1985, 2000)
4. Lisa recalls possible brothers and sisters (died eating grass mushrooms, also a woman recalled babysitting Lisa and a 6 month old girl in 84/85 Rasmussen)
5. The woman that gave birth to Terry's daughter in the barrell

There are a host of hypotheticals. The female in TX could very well be the Allenstown mother. The 6 month old girl could be a sibling Lisa recollected. Or they could all be separate people. My personal thought is the TX woman and the Allenstown woman are two separate people. I feel as though the mother of Terry's daughter in the barrel is the TX woman that he brought to AZ. If they had a child in 1978, before he moved, the timeline is in place for that child to be his daughter in the barrel.

The thing with Terry is he never followed a code for how he moved about. It appears he didn't always kill than move (at least with Jun). Though if we forced the point he very well could have.

Kills TX woman, takes baby to NH
Meets the woman in the barrel, has a relationship, kills her and the kids and moves within NH
Meets Denise, has a relationship, kills her and moves
Meets a woman in CA while with Lisa, has a baby, kills the woman and moves within CA

What I've been concentrating on are missing persons that fit the timelines where Terry was known to have lived, especially in CA. The woman that babysat the 6 month old for Terry gives us a firm timeframe considering that at only 6 months old, the babies mother would have likely disappeared very recently. We should be looking for UID's or ID's woman who were murdered who recently gave birth in CA.

Lots to chew on, but this page has been stale for a while. Time to get back into finding out who these victims are.

I agree that the woman his family recalls, who showed up with him in AZ, is a good candidate to be the middle child's mother. However, at some point, the middle child ends up in the upper mid-west or some other northern points to the east to live the first few years of her life, according to her isotopes.

When they searched Robert Evans (TR's) apartment in NH, looking for anything suspicious, wasn't that the apt he shared with Denise? Did they know where Robert Evans lived before he went to live with Denise and did they search that place?

Let's have another look at the people who have been seen with or known to have associated with Terry that haven't been located or identified.

1. The female visitor who came with Terry to AZ in either 75/76 (this according to the NHDOJ)
2. Denise Beaudin (last seen Nov 1981)
3. The Allenstown 4 (discovered 1985, 2000)
4. Lisa recalls possible brothers and sisters (died eating grass mushrooms, also a woman recalled babysitting Lisa and a 6 month old girl in 84/85 Rasmussen)
5. The woman that gave birth to Terry's daughter in the barrell

There are a host of hypotheticals. The female in TX could very well be the Allenstown mother. The 6 month old girl could be a sibling Lisa recollected. Or they could all be separate people. My personal thought is the TX woman and the Allenstown woman are two separate people. I feel as though the mother of Terry's daughter in the barrel is the TX woman that he brought to AZ. If they had a child in 1978, before he moved, the timeline is in place for that child to be his daughter in the barrel.

The thing with Terry is he never followed a code for how he moved about. It appears he didn't always kill than move (at least with Jun). Though if we forced the point he very well could have.

Kills TX woman, takes baby to NH
Meets the woman in the barrel, has a relationship, kills her and the kids and moves within NH
Meets Denise, has a relationship, kills her and moves
Meets a woman in CA while with Lisa, has a baby, kills the woman and moves within CA

What I've been concentrating on are missing persons that fit the timelines where Terry was known to have lived, especially in CA. The woman that babysat the 6 month old for Terry gives us a firm timeframe considering that at only 6 months old, the babies mother would have likely disappeared very recently. We should be looking for UID's or ID's woman who were murdered who recently gave birth in CA.

Lots to chew on, but this page has been stale for a while. Time to get back into finding out who these victims are.

May want to add the woman in Orange County (I believe) california. Donna Walters or Donna Laporte, if I am recalling this correctly.

When they searched Robert Evans (TR's) apartment in NH, looking for anything suspicious, wasn't that the apt he shared with Denise? Did they know where Robert Evans lived before he went to live with Denise and did they search that place?

No. From what I recall they are still piecing together his activity between the years 1974 and late 1978 when he shows up in NH

May want to add the woman in Orange County (I believe) california. Donna Walters or Donna Laporte, if I am recalling this correctly.

Sure. She could possibly be the mother who gave birth to the CA infant that was babysat by an acquaintance of Terrys.

He definitely lived there from Dec 1979 till Nov 1981. There is no sure date or year when he moved to that house though or when Denise joined him there. He coud have lived there few month prior or up to a year prior to Dec 1979. He left job in Texas in June/July 1978.

(From his usual behaviour it would be quite logic to assume that he actually moved in to that house to join whoever else was already living there. Maybe he did).

It's so sad how Rasmussen was able to destroy so many lives so carelessly and casually. He was a seemingly innocuous-looking man with a very evil side. I think there may be many others out there who were murdered by him. I don't think we will ever find out. Such evil has an ugly ability to harbor dark mysteries and enormous amounts of pain.

As far as I know LE has never confirmed either way about the barrels, but when the first one was found, the talk around New Hampshire was that it was a discarded paint barrel of some sort, possibly printer's ink. (I lived in Nashua at the time). If there was residue of some chemical in the barrel, that could have contributed to the degradation.

But sometimes it just happens with older remains. I've read that they've submitted samples at least three times, as technology has improved (can find it in WMUR archives I think), so it's not from lack of trying to get a better sample.

I was wondering if the Barrels were stamped with a Manufacture's ID. maybe even the date it was made . Not sure if the pictures of barrels are the actual barrels the one in 1985 looked pretty new where as the 2000 barrel looked weathered , worn, Also were the bodies wrapped in something , a tarp, canvas drop cloth, garbage bags, <shrug> , or why / how did he end up in NH. I really think that it's possible that one small bit of true information will be the straw that breaks this camel's back. As to what that tit-bit might be who knows .

I don't know if anyone's brought this possibility up yet; 34 pages is a lot to dig through.

I had the thought that the three Allenstown victims--the woman and two children related to her--may have been a mother and daughters who knew or associated with Chameleon's daughter (the 4th Allenstown victim) and the mother of said child. In solely killing his own daughter (and the mother) before disappearing--the other family would have probably immediately indicated Chameleon as the killer, so he erased them too. Where the woman and two little girls lived, such that their identities still haven't been discovered...I don't know. I'm currently building a spreadsheet of all NH, VT, and MA cold cases to see what I can find not just on the Chameleon, but other known serial killers of the time period. Will post here if anything pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey