NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why the news media are pronouncing his last name as Rasm(you)sson. I see the name and I pronounce it Rasmassen. Others I have talked to pronounce it the same as I. I wonder if the news media are just guessing on how to pronounce his last name or the family actually pronounces it that way?

I don't know why the news media are pronouncing his last name as Rasm(you)sson. I see the name and I pronounce it Rasmassen. Others I have talked to pronounce it the same as I. I wonder if the news media are just guessing on how to pronounce his last name or the family actually pronounces it that way?
I've heard it pronounced with musson rhyming with muffin.

IMO I️ don’t think damage control was on TR’s mind until he was convicted. He overheard the prosecutor promising to dig and dig until she uncovers all of his crimes. He was going to plead not guilty to her murder until he heard that. Then changed his plea to guilty and took life in prison. I️ believe it took the steam right out of the investigation, he’s already in jail so there was no urgency to dig into his other crimes.

But to answer your question why it exists. Why he didn’t just disappear again.... IMO he got lazy. He was ready to retire from his evil deeds/ drifting to & from places. In 2003, he was 63 yo, but looked 73 yo. Harder to lure younger woman at that age and pretty much had nothing to show for himself. No home, no assets, no “apparent” kids or grand kids, no successful career or savings. He was a handy man and milked that skill set all the way until the end.

He was older and tired of the drifting life. He wanted a nice home to settle down in. I️ think killing and dismembering/ disposing bodies became physically harder for him. And much harder to lure woman.

Laziness and cockiness because he’d already been dodging LE for at least 30 years by that time. Like you said, wasn’t his first rodeo.. he did it before, he’d do it again.

IMO TR always killed to gain something.. access to a child he could abuse, the thrill, financial assets, etc

With EJ, I️ think the gain was her home. He started feeling his age and wanted a comfortable place to live. This is why it makes sense to me that he didn’t leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, he was beyond the stage of using kids as a lure. Then he shifted to the middle age guy down on his luck. I wonder what story he gave. His next angle might have been the aged veteran let down by the system. Any ideas on when he recreated himself from the victim father to his next phase? Do you think Lisa was his last foray with kids? He couldn’t lure any more so stopped that? 1986 or so in Idaho, if that timeline was correct was a spate of missing woman that stopped. Thoughts?

It's not just that he stopped using kids, it's that with Jun, he was adamantly opposed to children. That's a big switch.

It's not just that he stopped using kids, it's that with Jun, he was adamantly opposed to children. That's a big switch.
Yeah it's strange he switched so drastically, it could be because of his age too. I personally believe Lisa was the last child victim and that's why he spared her and when Eunsoon wanted kids he was against it because he didn't want to do it again. He didn't trust himself enough with children.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

My theory, which isn't popular, is that he wasn't into murdering children, only exploiting them when he had the opportunity. And he looked for those opportunities by targeting poor single women with children, like this adult A4 victim and DB. I think the A4 victims weren't premeditated, and that something set him off. I base this on the FBI profiler's statement (before TR/RE was known to us and before we knew the middle child was his) who said it was an act of hatred. Since we now know that one of those victims was his own flesh and blood, I find it difficult to believe that he hated his own child enough to kill her. She was possibly too young to be a credible witness to any of his crimes and I can find no other motive for him to do so other than his fear of exposure, but that is fear, not hatred. As a parent, I can think of one thing that might set off his temper, and that is if his daughter came to harm at the hands of someone else.
I believe his daughter died in the care of the adult woman and he flipped out and killed them as an act of revenge in a fit of rage, in the same manner in which she was killed, in an "I'll show you" moment.
We know that all four were killed by BFT to the head, but did they ever confirm that the blows were with the same PSI and instrument? A variation in those might prove my theory.

That scenario seems plausible, Alleykins. I agree that I don't think he was consciously seeking victims to murder.

Personally, I don't think it was planning, hate, or fear. I think he was prone to bouts of blind violent rage, probably when drinking to excess. It doesn't take much to set that kind of person off, especially if he's controlling and violent to begin with. He gets a reprimand at work, he gets home and a kid crosses him, he smacks her across the room, mother comes to her defense, and it escalates. Or maybe she tried to leave and he followed her.

I assume the authorities have checked all birth certificates in the '70's and 80's with babies born with the last name of Rasmussen, Evans, etc., especially in Arizona, Texas, New Hampshire, etc. Although Terry might have had his wives/gfs given birth at home, and no records. I think 40% of the births are covered with Medicaid so Medicaid records should be checked if they were saved. (Might reveal the mother's name)

That scenario seems plausible, Alleykins. I agree that I don't think he was consciously seeking victims to murder.

Personally, I don't think it was planning, hate, or fear. I think he was prone to bouts of blind violent rage, probably when drinking to excess. It doesn't take much to set that kind of person off, especially if he's controlling and violent to begin with. He gets a reprimand at work, he gets home and a kid crosses him, he smacks her across the room, mother comes to her defense, and it escalates. Or maybe she tried to leave and he followed her.

(BBM for clarity)
That's almost exactly what I thought when I heard the FBI profiler state what she did about the killing of the A4 as being an act of sheer hatred. I was like, hate? Because it appeared more like blind rage to me, too. I still believed it was rage, too, after we learned about RE and that he was a drinker. I was like, A-HA! Yep, drunken blind rage.
But, when we learned the middle child was his daughter, it changed the perspective for me and I could see how the hate would fit, especially if his daughter had come to harm. I can also see where he might have harmed his daughter in a fit of rage, then blamed the adult female for not keeping her safe from him or in check.

We don't know if drinking caused any of this. He could have had PTSD. He could have been jealous of the attention his brother received in 1978. He could have been abused as a child. The likelihood of two brother committing separate murders and attempted murder seems to indicate there were big problems way before they became adults.

I also can see it like this- maybe he killed his wives/girlfriends when they were about to leave him. Maybe his first family leaving him left some psychological scars and he'd kill his partners after that so they couldn't physically leave him. War PTSD, violent alcoholism, or antisocial personality disorder could also contribute.

With his daughter, IMO I don't see how or why he did it unless it was an accident or a random fit of rage. Maybe one of the others witnessed it and that sealed the fates for the others. I think he spared Lisa for so many years out of guilt over his daughter.

If one of the children's deaths was undetermined (his daughter in general) that would make the most sense to me. If the daughter accidently died in the care of the adult female and he came home from work and killed the rest in a rage.

One thing I've always wondered, how does one person kill 4 people by blunt force trauma alone? Where on the skulls were the injuries? The back of head could be sneak attack or in their sleep. I think he killed the children while they slept and maybe the adult first after she threatens to leave, maybe he's molesting one of her kids. I almost wonder if he killed his daughter by accident if this is the scenario. He at first mistaken his daughter for the youngest victim since they were close in age and if they were sleeping then it happened in a dark room. All speculation.

I don't think TR saw any war/conflict though, so if he had PTSD, it could have been from something else. I think he got out right before Viet Nam and was too young for Korea.

Terry indicated he spoke several languages, including French. I wonder if he took French in high school?

We don't know if drinking caused any of this. He could have had PTSD. He could have been jealous of the attention his brother received in 1978. He could have been abused as a child. The likelihood of two brother committing separate murders and attempted murder seems to indicate there were big problems way before they became adults.

Yes, we likely won't ever know exactly what happened, and if we did, that wouldn't necessarily tell us why. It seems likely that there's a family background issue, as you say. I speculated about alcohol playing a role because I've seen binge drinking cause violent blackout rages, but it might be something else altogether. I'm certainly not wedded to the idea.

It might also explain why TR dropped out of high school and enlisted in the Navy (to escape an abusive home life).

I can assure everyone the writer made a mistake-She was adopted in CA not NH.
Thank you for the conformation! I was pretty sure it was a journalist mistake. I noticed others as well, like suggesting that he lived under an alias in Hawaii, and Eunsoon's body being buried in "his" basement when it was her house. No offense to the journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member