NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was about 6 ft tall based on the first info we had on him in Denise Beaudin's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...anchester-26-Nov-1981&p=13028875#post13028875

Correct he was 6 foot hgt. Also I'd like to remind everyone that we have no idea where he was between June 1986 when he abandoned Lisa in Santa Cruz County CA. and approx. Aug. 1988 when he turned up in Preston Idaho where he stole the Datsun from and was subsequently arrested in it Nov. 1988 in San Luis Obispo CA. He used the name Jerry Gorman in ID. and gave the name Jerry Mockerman in SLO. A little over 2 years-unfortunately plenty of time for more victims.

I am aware that Terry's Relatives are probably off limits, but my research indicates an immediate family member was indeed born in Evanston, Wyoming, and several extended family members were born in Evanston. (Terry said he was born there). Don't know if I should list the names. It looks as if they left Evanston for Denver between 1922 and 1930.

One might wonder about this mysterious "Elizabeth Evans" that Robert lists as his wife in New Hampshire. Did Robert Evans know that his divorce was final? Maybe he could have been using the name of his "divorced wife" in Arizona and he was assuming he was still married. This scenario does not hold water since the name of his former wife in Arizona was not Elizabeth.

Also, in reference to Terry Rasmussen's statement to police, in the interview that he did not know why he was attracted to younger women, he just was: There are three known women he was married to or in a relationship with: Eunsoon Jun, Denise Beaudin, and the Arizona wife which I shall not name. Eunsoon Jun was born in 1957, (14 years younger than Terry), Denise Beaudin who was born around 1959 ( 16 years younger than Terry, and the Arizona wife who was born around 1948 (5 years younger).

Also of interest in the police interview, Terry said that he " would not cut you off" (prevent a discussion on Eunsoon Jun),and then he went on to hog the conversation, which was his way of preventing Eunsoon Jun being discussed.

Where can I view these police interviews? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct he was 6 foot hgt. Also I'd like to remind everyone that we have no idea where he was between June 1986 when he abandoned Lisa in Santa Cruz County CA. and approx. Aug. 1988 when he turned up in Preston Idaho where he stole the Datsun from and was subsequently arrested in it Nov. 1988 in San Luis Obispo CA. He used the name Jerry Gorman in ID. and gave the name Jerry Mockerman in SLO. A little over 2 years-unfortunately plenty of time for more victims.
Concerning the unknown years, have they released why they believe TR has ties to Virginia and Oregon? I know he's mentioned them before. Saying he married Lisa's mother in VA, and telling authorities Eunsoon was in OR when she was missing then called a number there. But is there any links to him outside his word of mouth which we all know isn't exactly truthful?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Concerning the unknown years, have they released why they believe TR has ties to Virginia and Oregon? I know he's mentioned them before. Saying he married Lisa's mother in VA, and telling authorities Eunsoon was in OR when she was missing then called a number there. But is there any links to him outside his word of mouth which we all know isn't exactly truthful?
Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any MSM verifying/confirming that he was in VA or OR outside of TR stating he was. Hopefully they're looking into that.
VA has a large Navy base, both of my BILS were in the Navy and shipped out from there. It's possible TR did too, that could be why he mentioned it. That's also why I posited if perhaps he had been married prior to his known wife, since he stated he was married in VA (I'm going on his mixing a thread of truth into his stories). It wouldn't take much for authorities to check if he'd been stationed in VA at some point.

For the police interview, go to Youtube and type in the search engine "Larry Vanner interview". There is only one four minute interview. If that doesn't work, type the following into the google search engine: Chilling Video Surfaces of Man Suspected in Five N.H. Murders

One of the things that surprises me about the police interview video is that it exists at all. Not the video itself, but the interrogation.
This is a man who had been arrested a few times before, has had police interviews and had been incarcerated. He knew his rights. He was not a stupid man and knew what's what. He didn't have to voluntarily go in, he could have taken off again, or just let them gather evidence against him and then hunt him down. So, I'm wondering why he went to them. After all his dealings with law enforcement, he should have known by then he couldn't explain away what happened. This wasn't his first rodeo. This adds to my belief even more that he knew the NH victims had been discovered and this was for damage control, to prevent investigators digging deeper into his past. The longer he stayed away, the more incentive LE had to discover more clues about him and possibly link him to Allenstown. (or possibly abandoning D/L, DB's disappearance or some other crime we don't know about)

[video=youtube;MGMok0ahhuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMok0ahhuE&list=PLWl5kZkmkvS7OlIMVRyk_EY-seDSqUhEt&index=1[/video]

One might wonder about this mysterious "Elizabeth Evans" that Robert lists as his wife in New Hampshire. Did Robert Evans know that his divorce was final? Maybe he could have been using the name of his "divorced wife" in Arizona and he was assuming he was still married. This scenario does not hold water since the name of his former wife in Arizona was not Elizabeth.

Also, in reference to Terry Rasmussen's statement to police, in the interview that he did not know why he was attracted to younger women, he just was: There are three known women he was married to or in a relationship with: Eunsoon Jun, Denise Beaudin, and the Arizona wife which I shall not name. Eunsoon Jun was born in 1957, (14 years younger than Terry), Denise Beaudin who was born around 1959 ( 16 years younger than Terry, and the Arizona wife who was born around 1948 (5 years younger).

Also of interest in the police interview, Terry said that he " would not cut you off" (prevent a discussion on Eunsoon Jun),and then he went on to hog the conversation, which was his way of preventing Eunsoon Jun being discussed.

It's also possible he married her under the RE name; if the divorce wasn't final and he didn't want to admit it, that might have been a reason for assuming the alias.

I did look in New England, Quebec, and Virginia for RE's who married women named Elizabeth, but it's such a common name and the date range is so large...I think I found over a hundred possibles. But now that we have a narrower time, it might be worth revisiting.

I wonder how they would go about that? Would they have put TR's DNA into CODIS? Doe states that all comparison would be manual, though.

I mean I hope they checked for other bodies buried. Or if not, that they revisit the site. Child's mother could be around there too if it was RE.

It's also possible he married her under the RE name; if the divorce wasn't final and he didn't want to admit it, that might have been a reason for assuming the alias.

I did look in New England, Quebec, and Virginia for RE's who married women named Elizabeth, but it's such a common name and the date range is so large...I think I found over a hundred possibles. But now that we have a narrower time, it might be worth revisiting.

Anything I can do to help recheck this?

One of the things that surprises me about the police interview video is that it exists at all. Not the video itself, but the interrogation.
This is a man who had been arrested a few times before, has had police interviews and had been incarcerated. He knew his rights. He was not a stupid man and knew what's what. He didn't have to voluntarily go in, he could have taken off again, or just let them gather evidence against him and then hunt him down. So, I'm wondering why he went to them. After all his dealings with law enforcement, he should have known by then he couldn't explain away what happened. This wasn't his first rodeo. This adds to my belief even more that he knew the NH victims had been discovered and this was for damage control, to prevent investigators digging deeper into his past. The longer he stayed away, the more incentive LE had to discover more clues about him and possibly link him to Allenstown. (or possibly abandoning D/L, DB's disappearance or some other crime we don't know about)

]

That’s a really good question. I think he was so cocky maybe he thought he could outsmart them. I think we’ve seen similar killers like that before.

It seems at some point he changed his preferred method of preying on and killing women using children. Could he have reinvented himself and MO during this time? I winder what changed?

We need a better timeline on the circumstances surrounding the interview(s) that Larry Vanner/Terry gave to the police. It sounds as if Larry was asked to do an interview and waited a day (to get his ducks in order). Police officer Roxane Gruenheid indicates that they tracked down Larry at his apt behind the convenience store and Larry went right away with her to the police station. Was there more than one request for an interview? Larry was apparently not living at Eunsoon's house when the police came.

Also, I have never seen any indication on whether the two girls who were related to the woman in the barrels had the same father. So, it is possible that those two girls may have had different fathers. Terry was the father of the middle child.

Holy crap, they found his real identity. And to the poster basing his looks...nailed it. I looked at the new pics, and I just noticed that the child (that matched to him via DNA) in the barrel had the exact same eyes as Terry.

I wonder if his father served in WWI or II? A lot of baby boomers become serial killers from having such dysfunctional childhoods due to misdiagnosed PSTD.

[video=youtube;MGMok0ahhuE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMok0ahhuE&list=PLWl5kZkmkvS7OlIMVRyk_EY-seDSqUhEt&index=1[/video]

IMO I️ don’t think damage control was on TR’s mind until he was convicted. He overheard the prosecutor promising to dig and dig until she uncovers all of his crimes. He was going to plead not guilty to her murder until he heard that. Then changed his plea to guilty and took life in prison. I️ believe it took the steam right out of the investigation, he’s already in jail so there was no urgency to dig into his other crimes.

But to answer your question why it exists. Why he didn’t just disappear again.... IMO he got lazy. He was ready to retire from his evil deeds/ drifting to & from places. In 2003, he was 63 yo, but looked 73 yo. Harder to lure younger woman at that age and pretty much had nothing to show for himself. No home, no assets, no “apparent” kids or grand kids, no successful career or savings. He was a handy man and milked that skill set all the way until the end.

He was older and tired of the drifting life. He wanted a nice home to settle down in. I️ think killing and dismembering/ disposing bodies became physically harder for him. And much harder to lure woman.

Laziness and cockiness because he’d already been dodging LE for at least 30 years by that time. Like you said, wasn’t his first rodeo.. he did it before, he’d do it again.

IMO TR always killed to gain something.. access to a child he could abuse, the thrill, financial assets, etc

With EJ, I️ think the gain was her home. He started feeling his age and wanted a comfortable place to live. This is why it makes sense to me that he didn’t leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member