Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This post lands at random.

Discussing moderation in the threads is against TOS.

Please read The Rules. ALL members are expected to read those rules, know those rules, and post in accordance with them. Please do not expect an explanation for every post that is edited or removed.

If you have an issue with moderation, either use the Alert feature or PM a Mod or Admin for assistance or clarification.

:tyou:

Okay so I looked at timeline.
He lived with his family in CA from 1970-1973 in Redwood City and worked in Palo Alto. His wife briefly separated from him in 1972 and they moved back to AZ in 1973, so I'm guessing whatever charge he had fled from happened while him and his wife separated. It doesn't state where he went when they separated; however.

Oh my mistake about his wife leaving him in 1973, it's believed she left him in 1975 after the assault charge.

So far 3 arrests that we know of for Terry pre-Bob Evans:
-pre 1973 unknown charge (poss. CA)
-1973 fugitive from justice (AZ)
-1975 assault charge (AZ)

The pre 1973 unknown charge in possibility CA, is this really unknown or is this being withheld for privacy of TR's family who is still alive?

Is it possible this is a domestic violence charge or abuse charge regarding his children?

The pre 1973 unknown charge in possibility CA, is this really unknown or is this being withheld for privacy of TR's family who is still alive?

Is it possible this is a domestic violence charge or abuse charge regarding his children?

Interesting

The photo was taken by the Maricopa County sheriff’s department in Arizona on April 30, 1973, after Rasmussen was arrested as a fugitive from justice, a charge that usually means law enforcement in another state is looking to arrest and prosecute him.

But MacDonald’s office said the records do not shed any light on what crime he was accused of committing nor what law enforcement agency was looking for him. Investigators also have discovered Rasmussen was arrested by Phoenix police on June 11, 1975, for aggravated assault.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...rial-killer/ezX15KaIRBbaMxLG39zvJN/story.html

It doesn't look like authorities know. I wonder if he got jail time and if so, how long? That might shed some light on the level of offense.

People didn't have to register as a sex offender until 1994, so I was thinking molestation or rape, maybe even another assault charge. Whatever it is I'm guessing it had to be bad enough to flee, you'd think at least.

The time frame IMO was when his wife temporarily separated from him. I'd like to find out more about him pre-marriage, because the impression that I get is after his family leaves him he loses it and his criminal career starts, but that's JMO.

It doesn't look like authorities know. I wonder if he got jail time and if so, how long? That might shed some light on the level of offense.

People didn't have to register as a sex offender until 1994, so I was thinking molestation or rape, maybe even another assault charge. Whatever it is I'm guessing it had to be bad enough to flee, you'd think at least.

The time frame IMO was when his wife temporarily separated from him. I'd like to find out more about him pre-marriage, because the impression that I get is after his family leaves him he loses it and his criminal career starts, but that's JMO.

Very good insight! I get that impression too but it's also hard to believe he was this perfect family man and then he just snaps. There had to be other signs...

I'm curious about this childhood and up bring. What he rough with his siblings? pets?

Was he always ill natured? Did he see and do unimaginable things when he was in the navy?

There has to be a reason why they haven't released more information from the ex wife / family. It's hard to believe such a sick man could do things to all these woman and children and had never laid a finger on the ex wife or any of his four children.

I was going through my notes from early on in this case. Thought they might fill in some puzzle pieces since the Terry Rasmussen I.D.

Texas Connection
Evans told people he had been in these following counties during the 70's/80's:

• Travis County- Austin
• Nueces County- Corpus Christi, Ingleside (Confirmed)
• Harris County- Houston, Pasadena (Confirmed)
• Dallas County- Dallas
• Matagorda County- Bay City, Palacias

He had called two RV parks in Austin, Texas around 1986:

• Austin Lone Star RV Resort
• Pecan Grove RV Park

NOTE: They are 17 mins apart from each other

He told people he worked at these companies in Texas:

• 1970's- Brown and Root - Houston, TX- Electrician (Confirmed)
• 1970's- Bay City Electric & Air Conditioning- Bay City, TX- Instrument Repairman

NOTES: Located on Nichols Ave in Bay City. Another location is in CA.

• 1970's/80's- Big Three Industries- Houston, TX- Installation Mechanic

Oregon Connection

• Evans claims to have traveled to Oregon at some point between 1986-1989 to pick berries
• Evans made statements suggesting his parents may have lived in Oregon
• Evans made statements suggesting he was familiar with the town Dexter, Oregon, outside Eugene
• He suggested he owned property here
• He was familiar with the Dexter Market
• When his wife Eunsoon Jun goes missing, he claims she is in Oregon at the family cabin, with her mother, and another time he says she is there recieving mental health counselling
• He calls a Psychiatrist in Oregon remembering the number by memory
source: http://kval.com/news/local/did-seria...ublic-for-help

Locations he's associated with:

Confirmed Locations he has been:
Manchester, Hillsbourgh County, NH- Resided/employed
Allenstown, Merrimack County, NH- Employed/dumped victims
Goffstown, Hillsborough County, NH- Thanksgiving dinner with Denise Beaudin's family
Los Alamito, Cypress, Anaheim, Orange County, CA- Resided/employed, arrest for DUI
Felton, Santa Cruz County, CA- possibly Resided/employed
Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz County, CA- Resided/employed
Preston, Franklin County, ID- possiply resided/employed on farm, vehicle theft
San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, CA- Arrest for ID vehicle theft
San Pablo, Contra Costa County, CA- Resided/employed
Richmond, Contra Costa County, CA- Resided/employed
Circumstantial Locations:
La Porte, Harris county, TX- Curtis Mayo Kimball loses ID (1980's)
Dekalb county, GA- Gerry Mockerman loses ID (1980's)
Greensboro, Greene county, GA- arrested under alias (1980's)
Austin Lone Star RV Resort, Austin, Travis County, TX (1986 phone call)
Pecan Grove RV Park, Austin, Travis County, TX (1986 phone call)
Eugene, Lane County, OR (2002 phone call; therapist)
(original link no longer works http://www.nh1.com/full-coverage/foo...serial-killer/, but this link works http://www.nh1.com/news/6183-ag-nh-serial-killer-gave-12-aliases-and-more)

What we found out from Terry Rasmussen being ID'd:

Resided/employed:
• 1943(Born)- Denver, Colorado
• Jul 1958–Apr 1961- Phoenix, AZ
• Apr 1961-Jul 1967 - In the Navy (known places: Okinawa, Japan and Western US)
• 1967-1968 - Honolulu, Hawaii (married wife on July 20, 1968)
• 1969 - Phoenix, AZ
• 1970-Redwood City, CA (employed in Palo Alto, CA )
• 1975- Phoenix, AZ
• Dec 1975-1976- Ingleside, TX. (living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments)
• Jun 1978- Houston, TX (left “Brown & Root” Company for other employment)
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...r-rasmussen/2xp4x8zrnS9QuFSgAoV0FM/story.html

I wonder if TR's identity being now known could shed some light on those mysterious phone calls. Does anyone know of a connection TR could have to Oregon? His daughter's isotopes do match there. Could the Texas RV park calls be similar to the one he placed to a friend in 1978?

Interesting, his father was born in WY. I hadn't picked up on that before.

I was going through my notes from early on in this case. Thought they might fill in some puzzle pieces since the Terry Rasmussen I.D.

Circumstantial Locations:
La Porte, Harris county, TX- Curtis Mayo Kimball loses ID (1980's)
Dekalb county, GA- Gerry Mockerman loses ID (1980's)
Greensboro, Greene county, GA- arrested under alias (1980's)
Austin Lone Star RV Resort, Austin, Travis County, TX (1986 phone call)
Pecan Grove RV Park, Austin, Travis County, TX (1986 phone call)
Eugene, Lane County, OR (2002 phone call; therapist)
(original link no longer works http://www.nh1.com/full-coverage/foo...serial-killer/, but this link works http://www.nh1.com/news/6183-ag-nh-serial-killer-gave-12-aliases-and-more)

Doesn't he have ties to Virginia as well?
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/23/a-killers-odyssey-had-bay-area-stops/

Interesting, his father was born in WY. I hadn't picked up on that before.

Didn't he once lie that he himself was born in WY? Maybe he got his inspiration from his dad for that one. Perhaps his other aliases/phoney backstories were inspired by other people he knew.

@TYW, I would add the 1973 Phoenix arrest to your timeline. I think I have that right?
Good catch! I will add it.

I was adding places that TR had circumstantial evidence linked to him. I wonder if authorities are withholding some information regarding his connection to VA. I've only heard him talking of getting married to Lisa's mother there.

I think I found the obituary for TPR's father:

https://www.geni.com/people/Peder-Rasmussen/6000000010018673614

Looks like he died in 1977 in Hawaii.

This is interesting. I had always just assumed TR ended up in hawaiii for a time and maybe was familiar with HAWAII due to naval service. I wonder if relatives of his fathers wife there have ever been contacted by LE for interviews. I also wonder if the fugitive from justice charge came out of Hawaii and that's why he and his wife and kids left Hawaii.

TR may have either been stationed in or shipped out of Virginia while he was in the Navy. There's a big Navy base there.

Good catch! I will add it.

I was adding places that TR had circumstantial evidence linked to him. I wonder if authorities are withholding some information regarding his connection to VA. I've only heard him talking of getting married to Lisa's mother there.

They also published an appeal for tips in the St. Louis MO area press: https://www.riverfronttimes.com/new...erial-killer-terry-rasmussen-live-in-st-louis

"They're trying piece together his movements through the years — which includes looking into his claim that he once worked as an electrician at Reece Electrical INC. in St. Louis, according to a news release from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children."

Does anyone remember if he was using a birthdate of July 1948? Or what his real birthdate was?

I wonder if TR was married while he was in the military to someone we don't know about yet (prior to his July 20,1968 marriage in HI).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3