NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is Dawn's recollection vague recollection of , kinda ironic the same number of victims as the A4 victims... as well as the sexes. I believe it was in the boston globes article in January about finding lisa " I'll look for the link

Here is the link: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ly-new-life/vCCxbYYUD63kjIoIMJQiWM/story.html

Thanks for the article. I know I've seen it before and skimmed it, but I went back and re-read it. Man, there are so many layers to this story! My head was spinning.
From the article:
Kimball was seated in a courtroom, only a few feet from Roxane Gruenheid. Loud enough for him to hear, she told a colleague about the investigation and of her determination to keep digging until she uncovered all of his crimes. The next day, Kimball abruptly pleaded guilty to Jun’s murder and was later sentenced to 15 years to life.

I truly believe he knew the barrels had been discovered, thanks to the internet, and he knew he'd be better off taking a plea in CA than possibly facing the death penalty in NH if they discovered his link to them.

Another striking and forgotten comment from that article.

"Recently, a woman told police that she baby-sat for Lisa and a 6-month-old girl when Evans was living in Anaheim in 1984 and 1985. He claimed to be a single father raising the children alone."

Again, possibly another victim of Terry's, with potentially another missing mother.

Also, there is no evidence Terry killed anyone prior to his brother doing what he did in late 1978. Could that have contributed to his tipping point?

"Recently, a woman told police that she baby-sat for Lisa and a 6-month-old girl when Evans was living in Anaheim in 1984 and 1985. He claimed to be a single father raising the children alone."

Again, possibly another victim of Terry's, with potentially another missing mother.
Yes, I mentioned that earlier in post #359

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

You noted the NH statement of the 2 and 6 month old. This is in reference to California.

Please see bolded part from post #359

I've noticed one common theme throughout TR's timeline -babies. It appears he moved along when the youngest was no longer a baby. We see it recurring through some of the witnesses, too, like the woman in CA who claimed to have babysat D/L along with an infant. DB and D/L came along possibly after the death of the A4 victims, when D/L was an infant. I believe D/L said she recalled siblings, one also an infant (did I read that somewhere, can someone please confirm or refute that?). He also states in NH he had a 2 year old and a 6 month old, who I believe may be the related child victims. Though we don't know for sure, the unidentified woman who showed up with him at Christmas could have been the middle child's mother, which means she was shortly on the way. It's also possible she had a baby at the time that we don't know about.
I believe he was targeting the babies and kept the mothers around until their feet hit the floor. I don't know if this makes sense, but every single instance involves not just children, but babies.

Did investigators ever say what the charges were for his fugitive from justice charge?

Did investigators ever say what the charges were for his fugitive from justice charge?
In April 1973, Rasmussen was also arrested by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Phoenix, AZ, as a fugitive from justice but investigators don't know exactly what the charge.

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/con...er-s-real-name-revealed-terry-peder-rasmussen

I don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem like they know which state he was wanted in either. I don't see why they wouldn't release it if they did know.

As someone already posted upthread (sorry, can't remember who) it's most likely California. Maybe Hawaii is also a possibility?

In April 1973, Rasmussen was also arrested by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in Phoenix, AZ, as a fugitive from justice but investigators don't know exactly what the charge.

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/con...er-s-real-name-revealed-terry-peder-rasmussen

I don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem like they know which state he was wanted in either. I don't see why they wouldn't release it if they did know.

As someone already posted upthread (sorry, can't remember who) it's most likely California. Maybe Hawaii is also a possibility?

That was me. The reason I am thinking CA is that was where he lived with his family for a number of years (sorry on phone so can't access timeline now). In 1973 they moved back to AZ from CA. I wonder what the charges were for.... To flee the state they must have been bad you'd think. Is it mentioned anywhere if he served jail time for this offense? Imo if he served any jail time that's when his wife left him.

That was me. The reason I am thinking CA is that was where he lived with his family for a number of years (sorry on phone so can't access timeline now). In 1973 they moved back to AZ from CA. I wonder what the charges were for.... To flee the state they must have been bad you'd think. Is it mentioned anywhere if he served jail time for this offense? Imo if he served any jail time that's when his wife left him.

Okay so I looked at timeline.
He lived with his family in CA from 1970-1973 in Redwood City and worked in Palo Alto. His wife briefly separated from him in 1972 and they moved back to AZ in 1973, so I'm guessing whatever charge he had fled from happened while him and his wife separated. It doesn't state where he went when they separated; however.

Oh my mistake about his wife leaving him in 1973, it's believed she left him in 1975 after the assault charge.

So far 3 arrests that we know of for Terry pre-Bob Evans:
-pre 1973 unknown charge (poss. CA)
-1973 fugitive from justice (AZ)
-1975 assault charge (AZ)

Okay so I looked at timeline.
He lived with his family in CA from 1970-1973 in Redwood City and worked in Palo Alto. His wife briefly separated from him in 1972 and they moved back to AZ in 1973, so I'm guessing whatever charge he had fled from happened while him and his wife separated. It doesn't state where he went when they separated; however.

Oh my mistake about his wife leaving him in 1973, it's believed she left him in 1975 after the assault charge.

So far 3 arrests that we know of for Terry pre-Bob Evans:
-pre 1973 unknown charge (poss. CA)
-1973 fugitive from justice (AZ)
-1975 assault charge (AZ)

I don't know if this is any help to the current discussion but in the previous thread I found Terry listed in a 1971 Redwood City Directory: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2&p=13575973&highlight=ancestry#post13575973

I wonder if LE have been able to track down his employer from that period (and if he is still alive)? If TR continued to work for the same shoe shop, the employer may remember (if he knew) why TR became a fugitive from justice in 1973. JMO.

Also, there is no evidence Terry killed anyone prior to his brother doing what he did in late 1978. Could that have contributed to his tipping point?
I almost wonder if he and Denise could have had a child together after they fled. Everyone remember Denise LaPorte? I also wonder if she could be buried under that name. I've heard of a teen run away case where she runs away with an adult boyfriend, they create an alias identity and live as a married couple for years until he kills her. Since her husband's/killer's family couldn't find any relatives of hers they buried her under the alias. It wasn't until her daughter went through her mother's belongings as an adult that she discovered her true identity. Could him killing Denise have led him to his next alias in CA?

This also goes with Alleykins post- why is TR seemingly always connected to 6 month olds? And 2 year olds. It's a strange pattern.

I noticed that too about his brother's death. It is also possible he didn't know about it since he was estranged from family, but it is interesting how right after his brother's death he resurfaced in another state with another name.

I don't know if this is any help to the current discussion but in the previous thread I found Terry listed in a 1971 Redwood City Directory: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2&p=13575973&highlight=ancestry#post13575973

I wonder if LE have been able to track down his employer from that period (and if he is still alive)? If TR continued to work for the same shoe shop, the employer may remember (if he knew) why TR became a fugitive from justice in 1973. JMO.
He worked as an electrician in Palo Alto in CA. Before and after he went to CA he also worked as an electrician for a man only listed as Otto. From what i got from the first name only was that this was the recollection of his wife or family. If they are able to find Otto then he would know something about Terry since he probably gave an excuse to why he moved back.

Relating to CA, I wonder why he went back there period after possibly fleeing from there as a fugitive of justice. TR has spent the most time in CA; as well as, had the most alias's while there. He even stayed there after dodging parole for his child abandonment charge.

I searched findagrave.com for all his girlfriend's/wife's alias's to no avail. I did find Jun's grave though but that was expected. It's most likely Elizabeth Evans, Denise/Donna Laporte/Walters are either not discovered yet, or an unidentified person ,or a cold case murder victim. I did find a Denise Walter in Harris county TX(where Evans is said to have been at one time), but it was in 1987 when TR is believed to be in CA or ID (he got arrested for vehicle theft from ID a year later) and it is a year after he abandoned Lisa so it's probably not her.

Terry had stated in CA that his wife died in Houston, among other claims. La Porte is a suburb of Houston.

Terry had stated in CA that his wife died in Houston, among other claims. La Porte is a suburb of Houston.

Laporte is in Harris county, interesting! I still don't think it's her, the timing and the inscription on her grave was "beloved daughter" and she was estranged from her family.

Another possible (probable) victim: the baby Denise was pregnant with when they skipped town. That baby would have been older than the 6-month-old the babysitter remembers.

I searched findagrave.com for all his girlfriend's/wife's alias's to no avail. I did find Jun's grave though but that was expected. It's most likely Elizabeth Evans, Denise/Donna Laporte/Walters are either not discovered yet, or an unidentified person ,or a cold case murder victim. I did find a Denise Walter in Harris county TX(where Evans is said to have been at one time), but it was in 1987 when TR is believed to be in CA or ID (he got arrested for vehicle theft from ID a year later) and it is a year after he abandoned Lisa so it's probably not her.

Did you try "Elizabeth" Walters? Might be worth a shot.

I almost wonder if he and Denise could have had a child together after they fled. Everyone remember Denise LaPorte? I also wonder if she could be buried under that name. I've heard of a teen run away case where she runs away with an adult boyfriend, they create an alias identity and live as a married couple for years until he kills her. Since her husband's/killer's family couldn't find any relatives of hers they buried her under the alias. It wasn't until her daughter went through her mother's belongings as an adult that she discovered her true identity. Could him killing Denise have led him to his next alias in CA?

This also goes with Alleykins post- why is TR seemingly always connected to 6 month olds? And 2 year olds. It's a strange pattern.

I noticed that too about his brother's death. It is also possible he didn't know about it since he was estranged from family, but it is interesting how right after his brother's death he resurfaced in another state with another name.

He worked as an electrician in Palo Alto in CA. Before and after he went to CA he also worked as an electrician for a man only listed as Otto. From what i got from the first name only was that this was the recollection of his wife or family. If they are able to find Otto then he would know something about Terry since he probably gave an excuse to why he moved back.

Relating to CA, I wonder why he went back there period after possibly fleeing from there as a fugitive of justice. TR has spent the most time in CA; as well as, had the most alias's while there. He even stayed there after dodging parole for his child abandonment charge.

Oakhill found an Otto that is a possible. It's posted on their website.

A couple comments after reading through the last several posts. Someone commented that his brother died in 1978. Someone correct me if I have the timeline wrong, but isn't that the same year he called a friend in Arizona and asked for money? Did he need money because he did know about his brother and wanted to go home? And I don't know how the brother died, but if it was a suicide was it really a suicide? Do we know what his relationship with the brother was? Did the brother know something about the things he was doing? I know this may sound wild, but

1978 June: Rasmussen works for the "Brown & Root" Company in Houston, TX. Record indicates Rasmussen "quit to work elsewhere."

1978 Rasmussen contacts friend in Arizona and asks for money. He states he is in Texas working on an oil rig.

1978 September 28 Divorce finalized. Rasmussen's whereabouts unknown.

1978 - 1979 (approx.) Rasmussen worked at Waumbec Mills as head electrician. He is now known as Bob Evans.

https://patch.com/new-hampshire/bedford-nh/sidebar-revised-timeline-terry-peder-rasmussen
His brother died in Dec 1978. This was after his whereabouts were unknown from his Sept divorce. It doesn't mention what time of year he called his friend asking for money, but I'm assuming it was after he left Brown and Root in June.

Did you try "Elizabeth" Walters? Might be worth a shot.
I just tried and had 600 results. I still have some more pages to go through. It was mainly people born in the 1800's. Same with Elizabeth Evans. I'm also going to try different spelling variations.

A couple comments after reading through the last several posts. Someone commented that his brother died in 1978. Someone correct me if I have the timeline wrong, but isn't that the same year he called a friend in Arizona and asked for money? Did he need money because he did know about his brother and wanted to go home? And I don't know how the brother died, but if it was a suicide was it really a suicide? Do we know what his relationship with the brother was? Did the brother know something about the things he was doing? I know this may sound wild, but
That's a really good observation. I answered some questions up above with Al ka's timeline. I wonder if the friend mentioned to the friend why he needed money. If someone asked me I'd definitely ask for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3