Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
nanyboy.jpg

Picture I took from my phone tonight of where he was found

I just seen this on Facebook. Thank you for sharing it with us. I was thinking about heading there myself since I'm just right in VT.

I don't have a fb account I use for posting- just for "sleuthing" but maybe if someone does... they could post something on the Navy Wives fb group. I was on there earlier today looking for clues and there wasn't any mention of this little guy. Maybe someone will recognize his photo if they see it on there. Just a thought. ?

Thank you for sharing that with us.I am very interested in this.May I please ask do you know where in Jacksonville Florida?Mayport Jacksonville Florida?

I don't know for sure but I believe it's NAS Jacksonville.

I will say that I thought of that too, of him being missing Gabriel. But LE is probably pretty good at determining his age. They can do that from teeth, how close the teeth are to coming in, clothing size, size of the child, how developed bones are, etc, etc. So I think they probably are close, and I doubt it would be easy to mistake a dead 4 to 6 yr old for a dead 2 yr old. That is just too big of a jump I think. 2 yrs old is a big difference to a 4 to possibly 6 yr old.

I think baby Gabriel is too young. They said 4-6. Big difference imo.

Kyron---they look nothing alike imo

Tanner---maybe

what happened with the daycare picture? Was that ruled out already?

Although I will say Gabriel and the dead child are close in face, but still... And I really think Gabriel's mom made a decision that if she could not have him no one could. Which does not bode well for the poor little baby. As for Kyron, well he looks nothing like this baby.

I think baby Gabriel is too young. They said 4-6. Big difference imo.

Kyron---they look nothing alike imo

Tanner---maybe

what happened with the daycare picture? Was that ruled out already?

It was a violation since the child wasn't reported to be a missing person and it was an off the wall guess.

After being there tonight it confirms in my heart that whoever put baby blue there had to have wanted him found. The dirt portion of the road has very heavily wooded areas and with the rain there is a lot of high water. If they were looking to conceal him the woods would provide plenty of cover. He was placed at the very end of the road as in if you try to go straight any farther it is washed out and you cannot travel much beyond that. The beginning of the road as has been posted is paved the it turns to dirt and sparse as far as houses if you just randomly turned down the road it would be hard to know that the end of the road is so remote as on the paved portion there are many houses along the roadway. This does feel to me that the perp must have been in that area at some point in their lives

I'm in New England and this boy's picture is all over my facebook news feed today - he was also on the news first thing this morning. I think he is getting the exposure he needs around here but I am also not so sure that he is local either.

Weighing in on a couple of things-

Re: military connection. There is a soon-to-be-decommissioned Navy Aviation site in Brunswick, ME. Brunswick is on the Maine coast, north of Portland, about 2ish hours from where this little man was found.

I believe anyone stationed there has been or will be transferred to Jacksonville, FL.

Re: license plate frame... this is what I thought:
http://www.soldiercity.com/us-navy-retired-license-plate-frame.html
These frames are very easy to read from a distance - they must be highly reflective, or the contrast makes it really visible. I spend a lot of time on the road and see lots of license plate frames and these always stand out to me.
Naval aviation site in Brunswick,ME.I wonder if that is where this little boys shirt may have come from?

Funny someone said Gabriel because I thought this angel kind of looks like Elizabeth especially around the mouth. But I agree 2 1/2 is no where near age 4 development wise.

I have been looking for more information on what LE has released regarding the Blue Toyota Truck. I am not sure if this is still the information regarding what they are looking for, or not.

From early in the news releases, from Reuters:

According to local media, a regional police scanner broadcast on Sunday asked area officers to look for a short, stocky woman with short dark hair, driving a dark blue pickup truck with an extended cab and a U.S. Navy emblem in the license-plate frame.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/15/us-maine-boy-body-idUSTRE74E31120110515

Should we be able to narrow it down to states with active navy bases with plates with a white background less then 2 hours away? Is that to much?

Lots of info here. Interpol is on it, and all known missing child reports have pretty much been ruled out through DNA, including the Skelton case and Kyron`s case.

“It was just a glance that the witness had of the license plate, but ‘U.S. Navy’ really stuck out,” McDonough said. “It was a fleeting glance that this witness had of everything that took place there, not knowing what it was going to turn out to be.”

The NCIS is among the numerous agencies assisting with the investigation, along with 14 Maine State Police detectives, three N.H. State Police detectives, Interpol and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, McDonough said. Police are checking with Navy institutions like the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and Naval reserve centers, he said.

Authorities have received more than 200 leads from all over the country, from Maine to Florida, Alabama, California, Michigan and Wisconsin. McDonough said police are watching Facebook closely, as there is a page on the social networking Web site that has attracted close to 100,000 users spreading the boy’s story. He said police have ruled out some posts about missing children from Michigan and Oregon that do not match this case.

Any leads associated with reported missing children cases “have all but been eliminated except through the use of DNA,” McDonough said. The crime lab is in the process of analyzing the boy’s DNA to compare to other missing person cases and are analyzing mitochondrial DNA, which would allow them to match the boy to a family, he said.

Police are researching the legality of checking the boy’s DNA against the Combined DNA Index System database of convicted criminals, but said that was not the intent of the CODIS system and, “I’ll be surprised if we’re allowed to do it.”

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20110517-NEWS-110519797

This is beyond sad. I have three sons (1, 3 and 7) and I'm tripping over McQueen sneakers all the time in our house. :(

The fact that this boy had a jacket and shoes on might indicate he was killed somewhere other than at home. It's hard to imagine someone committing such an unspeakable act and then bothering to dress him in his coat and shoes (shoes that light up and could potentially attract attention, to boot) before dumping his body.

There could be tell-tale fibers caught in the velcro closures of those shoes. I'm always picking cat hairs, carpet fibers and mowed grass out of my sons' velcro shoes when they've accumulated enough junk to keep from latching closed.

This older article states that ATV`s are the most common motorized vehicle used on the Rd. the boy was found. An avid ATVer or outdoors person might be the focus here.

LE could be looking for someone who owns a 4 Wheeler AND a Blue Toyota Tacoma Truck.

That might narrow the vehicle registration pool down.

“This end of the road is rarely used by motor vehicles” and is mostly used by all-terrain vehicles, McCausland said. There are a few houses in the vicinity, he said.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20110515-NEWS-110519852

Dear Noway,
The press has just put out an enhanced photo of this poor little boy.
(ABC News under google has a posting of the photo and clothing)
People need to view this all over the country and in Canada.
This little boy must be identified.
Must find his identity to find reason behind the non reporting of this
very young boy missing.
Family involved in this or why not reported? Unless family/parent also
abducted. Three families in this country remain missing and not found.
Please post his photo if you know how. I do not know how to do this
on this site. Thank you. Deb-Z

Are you talking to me? Or is there another member with a similar name, and you have us confused?

What enhanced photo? I know only of the computer-generated photo that's been posted several times here.

eta
Maybe this message just appeared in an odd place because several threads were merged.

Apparently someone went to press with the names of the people that found the boy. There is also a picture of a very similar truck w/o the "cap" "lid" "shell" etc.

"Residents of the home reported seeing an unfamiliar navy-blue Toyota Tacoma pickup around 7:30 a.m. in the area.
The truck had an extended cab with a full cap over the bed and a white license plate, although the state was not known.
Police said no one living in that area has a truck like that."

http://www.pressherald.com/news/many-leads-no-identity_2011-05-17.html

Wow, I bet whomever did this was not expecting the firestorm which has ensued. Perhaps we should be looking at any suicides of short-statured women w/dark hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member