Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sad about this boy, this morning. It just breaks my heart. :(

Can somebody please shed some light on the picture upthread of the "daycare" boy. It seems like some posts are missing.

Thank-you.

I would like to know more about the condition of his teeth, all I have seen is that they were still baby teeth. Did any of them have fillings perhaps? If not was there any dental decay or were they in good condition. That could tell us a little more about the type of care he received prior to his death I think and if he did have any dental work done then he must have seen a dentist his photo could be sent to dental offices around the country. I believe my dentist begins seeing children around 2 years of age

Thanks Hollye.

Looking at the original without it being enlarged there is not as much difference in the area above the top lip as I first thought. The noses seem to be different though... A lot of similarities for sure!

"a U.S. Navy emblem in the license-plate frame"
This is all I can find that is being said about the navy plate. Does it mean that the emblem is on the frame? I really wish they would be more specific about this navy plate/frame. Is it just a navy emblem in a frame? Or is it a white license plate with a navy emblem on it with numbers in a frame. This is so important! If there are no numbers with the navy emblem the plate would be on the front of the vehicle and it could only be from certain states. This part is very frustrating without more info. This can tell us if the truck was from the area or not. It could tell us if he was from new england or not. This cuts down the possible states tremendously.
I read they have "several tips from Florida" ......Florida is a one plate state, which would match up with this vehicle only having a navy emblem plate with no numbers. Very important detail.
I wish they would release a plate/frame/navy emblem similar to what the witness saw.

FWIW, Daycare baby does look like he has the mole on his chin when I blow the pic up on the big screen TV.

I'm in Florida and a bit geographically challenged. I've been following along, but didn't actually look at a map until this morning. It strikes me how close South Berwick is to 95. 95 runs from South Florida all the way up, with many mililtary installations along the way.

http://www.etmap.org/maps/route.aspx?id=10

Since I don't know much about Maine, I looked at the visitor's section on the South Berwick's muncipal website. They have a "bike trail" that lists points of interest from Kittery to South Portland. The points of interest in the South Berwick area are not far from Dennett Road (although it looks to be a long road). Knights Pond Road is roughly 4 miles and the fields of Hamilton house appear to be about 2 miles. Probably not significant, but I found it interesting...

I see CarlK90245 down there in the list of viewers. Carl is a whiz at comparing faces maybe he will weigh in? Hint, hint Carl, LOL!

The nose of the UID is very pointed compared to the Daycare baby, IMO. Do children's noses change that much Carl?

I found this link that compiles a number of articles together and we can see that all the info out there is not consistent. I am a bit stumped why there hasn't been further info about the license plate frame Navy logo, that would seem to be distinctive.

http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n21/police-boys-maine.html

I'm wondering if the Navy logo thing is a bit of misreporting: originally, the truck was described as "navy blue" then suddenly it was dark blue and there was a Navy logo...

I see CarlK90245 down there in the list of viewers. Carl is a whiz at comparing faces maybe he will weigh in? Hint, hint Carl, LOL!

The nose of the UID is very pointed compared to the Daycare baby, IMO. Do children's noses change that much Carl?

My sons nose has changed every year... My girls however, they are still basically the same. But for my son, to compare a pic when he was 2, to a 5 yr old pic... He hardly looks the same, nose is different, eyes are more pronounced, etc. If I wasn't so paranoid, I would post a pic of him! lol

I'm wondering if the Navy logo thing is a bit of misreporting: originally, the truck was described as "navy blue" then suddenly it was dark blue and there was a Navy logo...

I tend to agree. Although generally reliable, the media frequently misquotes things and runs info together. Sometimes it's a mistake, sometimes sloppy reporting/fact checking and other times it's updated info that eliminates a "fact" but never ends up published.

I have had it happen to me personally and was given an apology by and editor at AP, so I know it occurs.

His clothing was from WalMart, as I am sure everyone has already discussed.

Tricia needs to approve the use of this photo as it is against tOS. I am working on her approval-please dont post the link until she decides.

Thank you!!

If there was a Navy emblem "in the frame", it probably has nothing to do with the plate itself, but may be on one of those frames that you can buy absolutely anywhere.

My aunt used to live in the log cabin 100 yards away from where he was found. I had not been there since I was younger so I didn't even realize until my dad reminded me I can totally picture the location now and I wish he had not told me too many memories

My aunt used to live in the log cabin 100 yards away from where he was found. I had not been there since I was younger so I didn't even realize until my dad reminded me I can totally picture the location now and I wish he had not told me too many memories

Good memories or bad? Like everyone here, this case is killing me.

1. Maine and NH also have veteran plates---that are white background---Maine's has an American flag on it, I think. There are tons and tons of those on the roads up here.

2. I had the impression that it was a Navy decal/sticker on the plate or frame of plate. Again, though, lots and lots of those up here. The Naval Shipyard is a huge employer, lots of current Navy, Coast Guard, Marine etc PLUS lots of retired who stick around and work as contractors at the Shipyard, or simply stay up here and go on to other jobs but still have decals from their service time on the cars. Add to that, that I believe most personnel seem to live off base....

3. We are close to 95---I like to joke it our only straight road---but it would not be intuitive or natural to get off the highway and end up where the little boy did and there would be plenty of other quicker places to leave the body right off the highway.

4. It sure seems like whoever placed him knew he would be found pretty quickly, so my guess would be that he/she/they did use 95 to head north to Canada or south to the rest of the East Coast and are quite gone. Who would continue to stick around?? So who hasn't been seen this week at the Shipyard or their job??

5. The weather has been terrible up here--raining, wet, super chilly, so I cannot imagine anyone camping by desire this past weekend, but I pass a couple of campgrounds regularly on those roads and am struck by how close they are to where the body was found:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Indian+Rivers+Rd&daddr=South+Berwick,+100+Dennett+Road,+ME+to:43.288366,-70.788135&geocode=FUjekgIdWWHH-w%3BFfBylAIdhZnI-ymVLzQjZ6HiiTF7T917h6S0kQ%3BFS6HlAId2dvH-w&hl=en&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=15&sll=43.176046,-70.812078&sspn=0.017495,0.038581&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

A is Indian River Campground in Eliot and C is Beaver Dam Campground in Berwick.

Just MOO and speculation thrown in for good measure! ;)

Does anyone know if there will be a press conference today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine