GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JM was just arraigned on murder charges in New Hampshire--head down and tears rolling down her cheeks. NECN showed it live.

RIP, Camden!

JM was just arraigned on murder charges in New Hampshire--head down and tears rolling down her cheeks. NECN showed it live.

RIP, Camden!

Oh wow, I would have loved to have seen that. So she definitely killed him in NH.

I watched it too. If she's suicidal, maybe they don't care...she wasn't in any kind of special outfit that I could see. Around here they put you in a special vest.

Why is she getting 2nd degree murder if it's premeditated? She planned to do it when she left Texas for Maine ....30 or so hours before doing it she knew she was going to do it, didn't she?
And who knows how long she could have been planning it before getting in the car...it could be days, weeks, months.
Did she know when she decided to leave her job?
The ride may have been longer than the estimated 30 hours....when was the last time she was seen in Texas? They could have been on the road for days.
Can someone who knows about it please explain the charges for me?

TY. Yes, saw photos etc and agree...which is why I questioned if eye color can change after death. Many WSers are far more knowledgeable than I re changes/death. And thought best to ask question here rather than question unknown posters claiming to know the child.

After death eye color does change, slightly. However after about 2 hrs of death a haze starts taking place over the eye, which can give the effect they look lighter. After about 2 days the eyes have thick film/haze over them and it looks cloudy white.

Hi everyone. I joined WebSleuths as I knew there would be allot of discussion about little Camden. My family all lives in downeast ME and this has been very devastating for the 'Downeasters'. I live in San Diego and have been reading as much as I can.

JM spoke to her Ex BF on Tuesday, he stated she seemed absolutely fine. He actually had no idea she was in ME. He had loaned his truck to her. I believe that was the one she was driving when the MA State Troopers found her. She also called her Mom in Nebraska but the Mom said she was not home to take her call.

Seems she was suffering with allot of depression.

I have been here reading and thank you for all the information.

Welcome, KaraKitty. The Boston TV stations were reporting yesterday afternoon that they had traced the registeration on the truck to a woman in Irving, TX. WCVB even called the ex-boyfriend and mother. On-air, the reporter asked for JM's older son's phone number--fortunately, he didn't know.

I hadn't heard the ex-BF said it was his truck. Some of the things he said, though, seem to differ with statements by others who knew JM and CH. Like, he goes to church with him. Pastor is quoted that he never saw a man with JM, CH, and her mother. He said JM only attended sporadically but Camden was there more, according to the Lowell Sun. (Lowell is the city next to Chelmsford, where she was arrested.)

http://www.thesunblog.com/policeblog/archives/2011/05/juli-mccrery-wa.html

"Juli McCrery, who raised her younger son as a single mother, attended
church less often than Camden, who would often get dropped off by his
mother and attend both the 10 a.m. Sunday school class, and the 11:15
class afterward. [Pastor] never saw a man with the family."

The 42-year-old Irving, Texas, mom is accused of killing her 6-year-old boy, Camden Hughes. Authorities say she killed her boy in New Hampshire by asphyxiating him using “physical force” and dumped the body in South Berwick, Maine, off a rural road last weekend.

Susan Morrell, the N.H. senior assistant attorney general, said today in Portsmouth that “it is clear the homicide was in New Hampshire.”

The 42-year-old Irving, Texas, mom is accused of killing her 6-year-old boy, Camden Hughes. Authorities say she killed her boy in New Hampshire by asphyxiating him using “physical force” and dumped the body in South Berwick, Maine, off a rural road last weekend.

I wish I didn't just read that

Susan Morrell, the N.H. senior assistant attorney general, said today in Portsmouth that “it is clear the homicide was in New Hampshire.”

McCrery’s former boyfriend in Texas, Robert Miller, told the Herald today he was in the room when she learned that the baby she was carrying would be a boy

Who's pregnant? Not sure I understood this part
I believe he is talking about when she was pregnant with Camden.

Hi everyone. I joined WebSleuths as I knew there would be allot of discussion about little Camden. My family all lives in downeast ME and this has been very devastating for the 'Downeasters'. I live in San Diego and have been reading as much as I can.

JM spoke to her Ex BF on Tuesday, he stated she seemed absolutely fine. He actually had no idea she was in ME. He had loaned his truck to her. I believe that was the one she was driving when the MA State Troopers found her. She also called her Mom in Nebraska but the Mom said she was not home to take her call.

Seems she was suffering with allot of depression.

I have been here reading and thank you for all the information.

I don't think the truck was the boyfriends. It said "Navy Mom" around the license plate. I wouldn't see a reason he would have that.

Welcome, KaraKitty. The Boston TV stations were reporting yesterday afternoon that they had traced the registeration on the truck to a woman in Irving, TX. WCVB even called the ex-boyfriend and mother. On-air, the reporter asked for JM's older son's phone number--fortunately, he didn't know.

I hadn't heard the ex-BF said it was his truck. Some of the things he said, though, seem to differ with statements by others who knew JM and CH. Like, he goes to church with him. Pastor is quoted that he never saw a man with JM, CH, and her mother. He said JM only attended sporadically but Camden was there more, according to the Lowell Sun. (Lowell is the city next to Chelmsford, where she was arrested.)

http://www.thesunblog.com/policeblog/archives/2011/05/juli-mccrery-wa.html

"Juli McCrery, who raised her younger son as a single mother, attended
church less often than Camden, who would often get dropped off by his
mother and attend both the 10 a.m. Sunday school class, and the 11:15
class afterward. [Pastor] never saw a man with the family."

Thanks, Bodhi, for the welcome! :seeya: Yes, I may have read something where 'in the past' while they were dating, Miller stated that he let JM borrow his truck as she worked for an auto parts delivery firm (I believe). Thanks for the correction. That truck JM was in was her own.

Here is an interesting article I found:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/05/18/person-of-interest-questioned-in-maine-mystery-boy-case/

Wednesday evening investigators from New Hampshire State Police were at a hotel on Route One in Hampton. Motel clerks say police spent much of the day going door to door interviewing clerks.

The owner of Summer Wind, along the popular Hampton Beach strip says police asked her if she had seen a woman fitting McCrery’s description. “They said she was going around saying she only had $25 and she was looking for a motel trying to barter.”

She says the woman did not stop at her place, but several miles up Route One, police converged on the Stone Gable Inn, where some guests remember her.

“She wasn’t a very nice person. She was introverted, kept to herself. She was asking for cigarettes; asking for everything for free,” says Larry Regan, who’s staying in a room above the one police are scouring.
He says he never saw the boy, but that when he walked by the room, he heard her yelling at someone he assumed was a child. “Typical screaming of a parent that was irate.”

He and several motel clerks say they wish they had seen the boy, thinking they may have been able to help.

Oh wow, I would have loved to have seen that. So she definitely killed him in NH.

Yes, they must have evidence beyond her confession that she killed her son in NH. Her lawyer, Murphy, asked her why he was found in Maine. She said that she had to go to Maine.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that South Berwick was were Jeffrey Curley's body was discovered. Jeffrey was the Somerville, Mass., boy who was groomed and abducted by two pedophiles, then taken to Manchester, NH, and murdered. They put his body in a large plastic trunk, filled it with concrete, and dumped him in a river in South Berwick. Seems like the heinous murder of Jeffrey Curley was just a couple of years ago. But it was 1997.

I read Robert Curley's book about his son's murder last year. I'd heard him on a discussion about the death penalty. After Jeffrey was murdered, his father was a strong advocate for the death penalty and testified at the Massachusetts State House about a bill to institute it. But years later, after the trials of the two men, he came to oppose it.

Because the Curley murder was 13 years ago and the circumstances were so different, I doubt it influenced JM's choice of South Berwick (unless she'd read the book).

Yes, they must have evidence beyond her confession that she killed her son in NH. Her lawyer, Murphy, asked her why he was found in Maine. She said that she had to go to Maine.

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that South Berwick was were Jeffrey Curley's body was discovered. Jeffrey was the Somerville, Mass., boy who was groomed and abducted by two pedophiles, then taken to Manchester, NH, and murdered. They put his body in a large plastic trunk, filled it with concrete, and dumped him in a river in South Berwick. Seems like the heinous murder of Jeffrey Curley was just a couple of years ago. But it was 1997.

I read Robert Curley's book about his son's murder last year. I'd heard him on a discussion about the death penalty. After Jeffrey was murdered, his father was a strong advocate for the death penalty and testified at the Massachusetts State House about a bill to institute it. But years later, after the trials of the two men, he came to oppose it.

Because the Curley murder was 13 years ago and the circumstances were so different, I doubt it influenced JM's choice of South Berwick (unless she'd read the book).

Oh gosh, I remember the case of little Jeffrey Curley. Horrible. Just horrible. Those two that killed him. Disgusting even thinking about those two.

I lived in Boston until moving to San Diego in 2008.

After death eye color does change, slightly. However after about 2 hrs of death a haze starts taking place over the eye, which can give the effect they look lighter. After about 2 days the eyes have thick film/haze over them and it looks cloudy white.

Wow, thanks for this definitive answer, TickleB. I'm too squimish to want to know how you know that.

When asked if his client came to New England on a murder-suicide mission, Murphy answered, “Yes.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1339099&srvc=rss

I don't know if I agree with her attorney releasing details of his conversation with his client, but I do agree with him on the murder-suicide mission.

In the article, Murphy also states he doesn't believe cough syrup was involved in Camden's death.

If she went to NH-ME to avoid the possibility of the death penalty, then her mission was just plain murder, not murder-suicide. Possibly she was enraged at the boy's bio father for some reason.

He had loaned his truck to her. I believe that was the one she was driving when the MA State Troopers found her.

Welcome! I don't think the truck belonged to the ex-boyfirend. It is registered in her name.

Well there is no messing around in Texas and she most likely would have got the death penalty in that state.

New England is very liberal justice, I know I live here.

New Hampshire still has hanging on the books but obviously that method is not used anymore. I do not get the 2nd degree charge.

Oh gosh, I remember the case of little Jeffrey Curley. Horrible. Just horrible. Those two that killed him. Disgusting even thinking about those two.

I lived in Boston until moving to San Diego in 2008.

My sister lived in Barstow for several years. We went to San Diego when I visited her. She was trying to entice me to move. Perfect weather year round, a happy place to live. Hope you're enjoying it! There was just a breaking news report here that the sun was spotted on Nantucket.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back