GUILTY NH - Camden Hughes, 6, suffocated, Hampton, 14 May 2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question re eye color. In some posts/comments, people that say they knew Camden are saying his eye color was brown. Clearly LE thought blue....very blue judging by the computer photo. Anyone know if eye color can change within hours of death? And why it might?

Am wondering now how reliable eye color is re older UID cases. TIA

Another sweet picture of Camden...
228690_1797388296350_1289020210_31606729_8116112_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...7388176347.2092746.1289020210&type=1&comments

R.I.P. Camden! It sounds to me like a combination of mental break causing her to deliberately kill her precious, beautiful little son.

Recap -
1 - Mother drove all the way to New Hamshire
(friends indicate that she is prone to long trips) http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...killing_son_camden_hughes_mystery_boy_fo.html

2 - Mother claims to have OD'd son on cough syrup, but C.O.D. from ME is axphyxiation http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...es-of-asphyxiation-mother-charged-with-murder

3 - Mother dumps his body in Maine on a rural dirt road

4 - Mother does not immediately return to Texas and is found days later in Massachusetts. Mother is "contemplating killing herself".

If this mother was going to kill her son and then kill herself, she would already be dead. IMHO! She is a coward!

She killed her son because life got too tough. :loser:
She lost her job.
She lost her boyfriend.
Her own mother is NOT surprised that she killed her son?! WTH :banghead:

I do feel sorry for people with mental illness, but there are many, many people out there that do NOT kill an innocent little child because they are depressed! Sorry, but this does not sit well that she will likely get a lesser sentence because of mental claims.

She OBVIOUSLY needs help! However, WHY didn't she get the help BEFORE she killed little Camden. R.I.P. Sweet, innocent, beautiful little Camden. You are loved by your heavenly father and I am certain you are in the arms of Jesus now being comforted!

Question re eye color. In some posts/comments, people that say they knew Camden are saying his eye color was brown. Clearly LE thought blue....very blue judging by the computer photo. Anyone know if eye color can change within hours of death? And why it might?

Am wondering now how reliable eye color is re older UID cases. TIA

There are pictures posted of him in the prior thread. His eyes are definitely blue.

R.I.P. Camden! It sounds to me like a combination of mental break causing her to deliberately kill her precious, beautiful little son.

<Respectfully snipped>

If this mother was going to kill her son and then kill herself, she would already be dead. IMHO! She is a coward!

She killed her son because life got too tough. :loser:
She lost her job.
She lost her boyfriend.
Her own mother is NOT surprised that she killed her son?! WTH :banghead:

I do feel sorry for people with mental illness, but there are many, many people out there that do NOT kill an innocent little child because they are depressed! Sorry, but this does not sit well that she will likely get a lesser sentence because of mental claims.

She OBVIOUSLY needs help! However, WHY didn't she get the help BEFORE she killed little Camden. R.I.P. Sweet, innocent, beautiful little Camden. You are loved by your heavenly father and I am certain you are in the arms of Jesus now being comforted!

Cocomod - I feel the same as you do regarding a lot of this! Good post.

The things that are bothering me are that she appears to have told her mother she lost her job, yet I've seen in several articles that her employer was contacted, and *she* told *them* she needed some time off because her truck didn't work. (I'm trying to find links, I know I read it yesterday - things are starting to move fast!)

Also, the ex-bf was interviewed, and it sounds like they were very on-again, off-again, but he asked her if she was coming back (to him) and she was vague.

I'm so torn... I don't know if this was premeditated, or caused by a mental break, or what... Like you, I just wish she'd gotten help. It sounds like she would have had a lot of support if she'd just asked for it.

The Texas woman accused of killing her 6-year-old son and leaving his body on an isolated dirt road in Maine is suicidal, her lawyer said Thursday.

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/159787/3/Lawyer-McCrery-is-suicidal

Also this:

She told Murphy she had attempted suicide within the past few days and had tried to kill herself several times in 2004, although she did not explain why, Murphy said.

Her former boyfriend Robert Miller - thought of 6 year old Camden as his own son.

Miller said, "he's in heaven with God now and he's never going to suffer again."

Yesterday, he saw pictures on the news of the little boy left dead on the side of a dirt road in Maine and he said, it felt like a knife through his gut.

"I knew right away that it was him. It looked almost exactly like him. I knew the shirt he was wearing. And they showed his shoes and I know she just bought those shoes for him. And I knew it was him right away."

http://www.necn.com/05/19/11/Who-is...ng_newengland.html?blockID=525382&feedID=4206

For anyone who knew this little guy in life, it would have been obvious that it was him in the CGI photo. I mean, look @ the 2 curls on his forehead. They're exactly the same in all his photos.

There are pictures posted of him in the prior thread. His eyes are definitely blue.

TY. Yes, saw photos etc and agree...which is why I questioned if eye color can change after death. Many WSers are far more knowledgeable than I re changes/death. And thought best to ask question here rather than question unknown posters claiming to know the child.

Anyone know what makes them believe he died in NH? I keep seeing that in the reports, but no reason as to why they feel he died there.

My opinion is this was premeditated but I think that what she packed for Cam would be telling. If she only brought enough clothing for one way and most of his clothing were left at home that could be telling. I know even for a very short trip I have to pack a ton of clothing seeing you never know what a young child will get into or if they will have an accident due to not being able to pull over fast enough. I have not yet seen anything on what belongings were in the truck and I am very interested in that

Anyone know what makes them believe he died in NH? I keep seeing that in the reports, but no reason as to why they feel he died there.

IMO, I think she confessed to being at the Stone Gable Inn in Hampton NH when he died. She confessed to killing him, so likely provided more information that led them to that location. The motel is on my map below.

I am both relieved to know that little Camden has been identified, his family and friends can mourn him, and there has been an arrest made.

I feel angry that there are so many innocent children, being brought forth in life, only to have it taken away by others with no conscience.

Why?

There simply are no answers.

I have to say, that it was extremely observant of that couple to notice the Navy emblem on the plate, they must have been very close to the truck, and a little suspicious of it in their remote neck of the woods. Their lives are changed forever, I am sure, and it would take a strong person to move on from such a terrible discovery.

I read an article last night that said both Camden's Step-Father and a friend of his mother's, recognized Camden on the TV and called 911. It is obvious that LE did a most outstanding job, in their swiftness of releasing the details and pictures, in Camden's case. I do wish there was some sort of National Standard and protocol that was followed by LE in general, for missing/recovered people, as I do feel that standardization would increase the overall success rate of identifying and finding those people.

Finally, I have a few questions, that perhaps I have missed the answers to.

1. Where is the white truck cap?

2. How much clothing was recovered from the vehicle? Were there suitcases packed for both, etc.?

3. Did the motel have cameras? Where was McCrery's room located in the motel? Did McCrery carry Camden to the truck after death?

4. If there was a "bed" in the back of the truck, why did they even go to a motel anyway? If there an intent to kill him, why go to a motel, if she was already on the move in the truck?

Rest in peace, dear child. :(

TY. Yes, saw photos etc and agree...which is why I questioned if eye color can change after death. Many WSers are far more knowledgeable than I re changes/death. And thought best to ask question here rather than question unknown posters claiming to know the child.

Poor beautiful little boy :(

Interesting question, my partner had brown eyes, and when he died they looked blue to me. JME

Interesting how these people are always successful when killing their children, but can never quite get it right when trying to kill themselves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missnurse09
Back