Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way of life in N.H. town upended
Girl’s disappearance alarms neighbors, puts spotlight on community

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne.../31/way_of_life_in_nh_town_upended/?page=full

Strange that the community is hiding the parents. I've never seen anything like it.

They covered the parents with sheets when they left the home and they surrounded them in the crowd to avoid news cameras. Why? :waitasec:

I'm learning more and more about how families need to be counseled when it comes to dealing with the media in crime cases. If you watch the Klaas Kids video on my link below, you'll see that a part of what KK does is help parents learn how to deal with the media.

Because I'm familiar with this site and have watched many a family in the news, I feel that I have a handle on what needs to be done. But I would be out there like Desiree Young or Diena Thompson and even the two of them have had speculation about their behavior even though it seems totally normal under the circumstances to me.

That being said, perhaps the family is so beside themselves that they don't want to be seen and their friends are trying to accommodate them in this way? It does seem odd and it looks like they could use some counseling in dealing with the media, IMO.

It may be all very innocent. Small towns like this covet their privacy and we know that in other cases the parents have been derided and atmosphere becomes almost circus like. They may be so shy they are scared of the media etc. I know that I would be talking and pleading, but maybe these people are different. jmo

At a vigil for their missing daughter? Sorry. It makes no sense to me.

I'm learning more and more about how families need to be counseled when it comes to dealing with the media in crime cases. If you watch the Klaas Kids video on my link below, you'll see that a part of what KK does is help parents learn how to deal with the media.

Because I'm familiar with this site and have watched many a family in the news, I feel that I have a handle on what needs to be done. But I would be out there like Desiree Young or Diena Thompson and even the two of them have had speculation about their behavior even though it seems totally normal under the circumstances to me.

That being said, perhaps the family is so beside themselves that they don't want to be seen and their friends are trying to accommodate them in this way? It does seem odd and it looks like they could use some counseling in dealing with the media, IMO.

I agree. I understand if it was having to speak out in public but at a prayer vigil? I know the media is all about ratings but I think if they are told ahead of time to respect the privacy, they would. Perhaps snap a couple of photos of the event and not of the parents, etc.

Anyway, my opinion based on other vigils I've seen for missing children.

I thought so too at the beginning but reading about the truck stops has me worried. Early on, I dismissed the fact that she may have been taken across the border but...........it seems smuggling kids across the border is a sad reality.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/on/news-nouvelles/2011/11-06-07-kingston-eng.htm

ETA: I don't know the area but it being a small town, I wonder if there are country roads (remote) that can be taken without having to go across the border.
---------------------

On the west coast, near the Canadian border, there is the case of missing Lindsey Baum, IMO, from a very similar type of small-town atmosphere.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/125188309.html

I think we can draw more than a few similarities and parallels from the Lindsey Baum case, albeit, opposite coast, we're talking about proximity to the Canadian border, she was 11 yrs. old, she was out walking (a maybe in the CC case), small town, lots of forested areas, some remoteness, etc.

I watched the link and it gave me some new appreciation for how much thought a parent has to put into what they say publicly - and for what KK does! <3

I think that the reaction to the SF's initial comments probably didn't encourage Celina's parents to make any more forays into public speaking. Maybe they are just afraid that no matter what they say, it will garner more criticism, especially if (as has been suggested by various comments on FB) they are being asked to keep a lid on it by the FBI or other LE? I don't know. I don't have children, and I don't plan to, so maybe I'm not the best to speculate.

Celina's parents have consistently tried to keep their faces hidden when they are in public. It seems very unusual MOO Why would they do this ?

We all thought the same thing about Holly Bobo's disappearance as well. She was last seen outside of her home in a small town. But as the days, weeks, and months have passed since she vanished in April, she remains missing. And when Kyron disappeared from his school in June 2010, even LE said that they would have the case wrapped up within a week. Unfortunately that was not to be and Kyron still has not been found.

Even though I know it is unrealistic to expect this, I kinda wish LE could go against the protocol just once in one of these cases. I wish they could disclose everything they know and learn in the investigation as it transpires just to see if that produces a quicker resolution to the case. Again I realize that is never going to happen, but I like to imagine that transparency would be a beneficial thing in some situations. Just wondering.... :waitasec:

imo in a perfect world, transparency would be the best thing, always. it reminds me of when i first became a detention officer at a juvenile facility. the supervisor handed me some of the kids files and told me to read them. it felt invasive to me and i asked "why". he said "the more you know, the better off you are." i think its true in most situations and it proved very true in that one. in Celina's case i believe much could be gained from having more information available. unfortunately, there are those who would take any information they learned and use it to destroy innocent lives as we have seen happen again and again. on the flip side, i believe that the sleuths here would have solved many cases by now if they had all the information available to them. i think most LE officers are dedicated and caring but to be honest i have not met many who could hold a candle to some of the sleuths when it comes to finding things out.

I believe parents of missing children deserve a better media avenue than what is garnered by shows like NG, JVM & DD. With so many missing children/adults in our country you'd think by now we'd have a 24/7 tv station putting out facts and not the drama we currently are fed. That's just me though. Why stop at forums, message boards & radio? Maybe it's time to take that extra step?

Police deny they have given up hope that missing 11-year-old New Hampshire girl Celina Cass will be found alive, and the state has asked for manpower and equipment from neighboring states to aide in the search.

"It also could well be true that they just don't have any really viable leads on what happened or where Celina may be and they're hoping that the reward money will bring someone forward," said ABC News consultant and former FBI agent Brad Garrett.

"If someone has lured her away from her house, the odds of something bad happening are reasonably high," Garrett added.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/celina-cass-states-asked-aid-search-missing-hampshire/story?id=14199134

****there are very good differing views of the house in the video***

I believe parents of missing children deserve a better media avenue than what is garnered by shows like NG, JVM & DD. With so many missing children/adults in our country you'd think by now we'd have a 24/7 tv station putting out facts and not the drama we currently are fed. That's just me though. Why stop at forums, message boards & radio? Maybe it's time to take that extra step?

Who knows? Maybe Tricia is heading in this direction.

if only, right Dr. Know? who really controls the media? and fwiw, i don't believe for a second that NG or JVM are nearly as stupid as they are paid A LOT of money to act. jmo, imo, mho and all that jazz.

imo in a perfect world, transparency would be the best thing, always. it reminds me of when i first became a detention officer at a juvenile facility. the supervisor handed me some of the kids files and told me to read them. it felt invasive to me and i asked "why". he said "the more you know, the better off you are." i think its true in most situations and it proved very true in that one. in Celina's case i believe much could be gained from having more information available. unfortunately, there are those who would take any information they learned and use it to destroy innocent lives as we have seen happen again and again. on the flip side, i believe that the sleuths here would have solved many cases by now if they had all the information available to them. i think most LE officers are dedicated and caring but to be honest i have not met many who could hold a candle to some of the sleuths when it comes to finding things out.
---------------
I know that there can be tunnel vision and/or linkage blindness in many cases.

Starting close, then moving outwards sometimes doesn't yield results, but sometimes does.

I think there should be two approaches operational concurrently: that is, going from the inner circle expanding outwards, and at the same time, taking a broadened view and moving inwards.

Could be similar to deductive and inductive reasoning.

JMO

I find this interesting.
I have no way to verify whether either one is related... there is several with each name.
But it's interesting that there is a police chief with both her father and stepfather's last name.
It would help explain the response in this case if she was the family member of a cop... but I would think that cop would have said something?

I don't know... interesting though.

Stephen Cass - Police Chief - Colebrook, New Hampshire

http://www.colebrook-nh.com/Public_Documents/ColebrookNH_Police/index

Jeffery Noyes - Police Chief - Canaan, Vermont

I assume the same Jeff Noyes...

Jeff Noyes - Police Chief - Brighton Police in Island Pond, Vermont

http://www.vcjtc.state.vt.us/agencylist.htm

Canaan to Island Pond

Canaan, VT to Island Pond, VT - Google Maps

From utternaces from someone on FB who has been talking about this case from the beginning (although he was informed not to) Stephen Cass IS a distant relative.
Sorry if this has already been said... Just woke up!!

We all thought the same thing about Holly Bobo's disappearance as well. She was last seen outside of her home in a small town. But as the days, weeks, and months have passed since she vanished in April, she remains missing. And when Kyron disappeared from his school in June 2010, even LE said that they would have the case wrapped up within a week. Unfortunately that was not to be and Kyron still has not been found.

Even though I know it is unrealistic to expect this, I kinda wish LE could go against the protocol just once in one of these cases. I wish they could disclose everything they know and learn in the investigation as it transpires just to see if that produces a quicker resolution to the case. Again I realize that is never going to happen, but I like to imagine that transparency would be a beneficial thing in some situations. Just wondering.... :waitasec:

I STRONGLY agree. Considering how many missing children we have, perhaps LE has to start changing their ways of doing things? Apparently SOMETHING is NOT working!! Every other industry changes with the times, I thinkk LE has to start looking into alternate missing children protocols.

Regarding LE searching neighbors garbage. This is standard. Perps are known to dump incriminating evidence in someone elses garbage can. Perps certainly don't want evidence found in their own garbage can.

Regarding LE searching neighbors garbage. This is standard. Perps are known to dump incriminating evidence in someone elses garbage can. Perps certainly don't want evidence found in their own garbage can.

Could incriminating evidence also be dumped into the bed of a pickup truck?

Any opinions on why they went to wake her around 8am? It is the summer and she wrote on FB, I think it was February vacation, that she was going to stay up late and just sleep until 11. It doesn't seem unusual for an 11 year old who is staying up late on the computer to sleep in.

I've been following along with everyone since the beginning trying to keep up with the thread, haven't had much of a chance to post.

I noticed that the SF posted on his facebook around 9am on the morning of Celina's disappearance and I was thinking that if there is only one shared computer in the house, perhaps a laptop, that he simply went to her room to get the computer and noticed she wasn't there. Maybe it didn't register with him at first that she was actually missing.

I'm more curious about this stepbrother KM and why we haven't heard anything in the media about where he was supposed to have been that night. I notice that he is also friends with the SF on his facebook.

Celina's parents have consistently tried to keep their faces hidden when they are in public. It seems very unusual MOO Why would they do this ?

Not saying this is the case here. But does anyone remember Drew Peterson doing this? He wore a Bandana tied across his face like he was a bandit. I always figured he was hiding from anyone who could ID him in an area he was dumping Stacie's body or somewhere buying supplies to help do so. I figure alot of people behaving that way are avoiding recognition for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214