Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed on the news tonight, in a video close-up of the home there's a "For Rent" sign in the window. Looks like they might rent out rooms to strangers?

I don't think it's that, but just that landlords sometimes just put a sign in a window of a building when there's an apartment for rent. At least that's been common everywhere I've lived. Free advertising, plus some who might not read an ad in the paper might see the sign.

I don't think we've become more evil. I just think the evil is more publicized. I don't know where you live, but if you aren't local, would you have even heard of this case if not for the Internet? I know I wouldn't have.

I agree that we just hear about these cases, especially those that aren't local to us, just because of changes in the media and how we communicate. When I was young, cable news networks didn't exist and of course the internet wasn't around yet. Yet I remember hearing about a lot of missing children and abductions and murders even then.

A year or so ago I read a statistic that showed that the percentages really haven't gone up, but I'd have to do some checking to find that again. I think it was on a government website, maybe the Justice Dept.

And I've often thought that if we'd had the internet sooner, a lot of cases that are now 'cold' might have been solved.

With all respect...

Reading through this thread and seeing all the comments about the scary internet and facebook and the "sexy" pictures this girl posted of herself, I cannot help but picture a group of 1950's parents wringing their hands and talking about that new scary "Roll and Rock" music the younguns are listening to.

One thing you can pretty well take to the bank: this girl's death almost certainly had nothing to do with the internet. I can say this with such assurance for two reasons. First, in cases like this it is almost always, almost always, someone either in the family or a very close intimate friend. And second, despite all the media hysteria and horror stories, there are really very few maniacs lurking on the internet looking to slaughter kids. There are some, of course, but few. As for pedophiles, well, there are a lot of them out there, but most, the overwhelming majority, would no more hurt this girl then you would hurt your own love.

If this girl was murdered the first place to look is her home, followed by the people she knew intimately in real life.

When "charlie" was talking about the home it sounded to me like it was apartments occupied by mostly (or only) relatives. (which would really explain some of the things in this case)

I think the whole "sexualizing" herself was more than just the FB page- the music, pages, TV,movies sure can be seen as things a child older than 11 would be interested in- Many people still see 11 year olds as listening to Radio Disney and watching Cartoon network- many 11 year olds are years older socially than folks want to see- even when there is nothing wrong in the childs life

Exactly!

I have one Granddaughter who turned 11 yrs. old this past May.
She still sits in front of the TV with her NickTunes, NickJr while she dresses her Barbies and sets up Barbies Beach house.

I have another Granddaughter who turned 11 last November, first period this year in February, who is constantly into my makeup....puts on eyeshadow, lipstick, wants her nails done in the most modern of shades and styles ie; crackle finishes and decals.
She takes 'posed' pictures of herself constantly.....very much like Celina's pic with her cute, stylish hat.

Raised almost identically but one has come into 'her own' a lot sooner than the other.
The older Granddaughter never says anything about herself sexually, but does comment a lot about 'pretty this and pretty that'. I don't consider her sexual but more 'girly' than the other granddaughter.
Her Mom says "She's beginning to find her 'girly' side".
Her Dad (my son) is not amused. LOL

We don't know much about Celina's home life except that her stepfather is diagnosed as schizophrenic and was accused of domestic violence in the past (and deemed incompetent to address the charges), her mom works at a consignment shop where she apparently must arrive very early in the morning, her dad has been sick over the past weeks (and he saw his children occasionally), and Celina's sister and her stepbrother also live with the blended family. Imo it's always important to understand the immediate environment when a child goes missing - I found these points that came out today interesting:

1. Many people lived in the Victorian house (turned into flats) where Celina resided with her family. There appeared to be multiple families who were temporarily evacuated standing outside of the house today. (How easy would it be to get a person or a body out of that house undetected by anyone, or for an 11 year old to sneak out unnoticed?)

2. Celina's father said on Nancy Grace that he has not spoken to Celina's mother or Celina's sister at all since Celina went missing. This really surprised me. I respect that he doesn't want to accuse anyone of anything and he is waiting for autopsy results and LE updates. But, I would have a million questions for the family members living with my missing child - I'd want to know as much as possible. The bio-dad said Celina always told him everything was cool at the house, and he said that his ex-wife was a loving mom. Why wouldn't he want to know first-hand if anything had changed or if they had any ideas of where his daughter might be? Wouldn't he be fearful for the other daughter in the house since he had no idea what happened to Celina. He didn't appear angry at all and he doesn't appear to be as obsessively driven to find out, right this minute, what might have happened to his girl as I would expect. Just wondering what is going on between the families (not criticizing or accusing him)...

3. Celina's stepfather was again televised today, before he was hospitalized; but mom was still out of sight. Mom may simply be devastated and unable to cope. IDK. But, I don't understand her leaving the house a few days ago under cover of a blanket. Why hide? I can understand not talking if asked by LE not to speak publicly, but I've never seen the parent of a missing child literally blanketed upon leaving the home, even the shyer ones. Again, not accusing or criticizing, but just wondering what is behind the odd behavior...

RIP sweet Celina...

the FBi didn't go see him in person? I find that kind of sad:(

I find that incredibly sad too -- especially knowing the fragile state of the bio-dad. They CALLED HIM! What next, an IM, e-mail, facebook posting. The death of a child warrants the utmost respect and attention IMHO.

How hard would it have been to tell this man in person.

So sad....

Mel

Dr. Drew is a doofus.

Thank you wasn't enough. I don't understand why or how Dr. Drew is the all knowing of everything! Saw him with octo-mom last night :waitasec: and couldn't bring myself to hear him preach about this case tonight.

I wish he would go back to doing what he does best.....celebrity rehab. And even then his success rate hasn't been all that great.

MOO

Mel

Oh my word :cry:
Celina, So sorry you were cut short.

I wish you peace everlasting

I find that incredibly sad too -- especially knowing the fragile state of the bio-dad. They CALLED HIM! What next, an IM, e-mail, facebook posting. The death of a child warrants the utmost respect and attention IMHO.

How hard would it have been to tell this man in person.

So sad....

Mel

Since he found out his daughter was missing from the news... I was grateful they called him about the body at all. I was afraid he would find out on the news. :banghead:

What theories have been posited about this case?

Where is the StepFather now?
Has her family spoken publicly?

Thanks so much.

What theories have been posited about this case?

Where is the StepFather now?
Has her family spoken publicly?

Thanks so much.

Many theories...

Most seem to believe it was someone rather close to home, not a stranger abduction...

Last we heard the stepfather was still hospitalized. I suspect they might have put him on a Psych hold? Maybe 72 hours?

Her Dad and paternal grandpa have spoken publicly.

http://www.wmur.com/news/28735345/detail.html

Her stepfather talked a bit before his "episode."

http://www.wmur.com/video/28728940/detail.html

I agree that this may be a rather bumpy ride...

I am hoping that Jane Young was just emotional because she had literally just seen the body of an 11 year old girl and the media kept her just a little bit too long.

I worry
that she was emotional because of exactly what she saw and what she believes was done to that 11 year old girl.
I fear that it would take a great deal to make her emotional...

You look at the cases where LE got emotional... Ethan Stacy... Zahra Baker... Kyron Horman....

They are either unsolved or horrific. Hopefully this is neither.

Celina's classmates write on balloons and release them...

http://www.wmur.com/news/28729725/detail.html

It's always emotional and tough when it involves children. skier

This sucks! :(
I'm so sick of all this.
I'm so upset....i can't even stand it.
WHY do these things keep happening????
Why all the killing???

Because evil exists in the world. We cannot change the times we live in only try to make things better while we are here. The more we work to bring light and goodness into the world the better. Stay strong! skier

Having faith must be very comforting but I have a hard time with it, seeing all of the evil that takes place here on Earth.

At this point, for me, it is more of a relief that she was at least found, when so often they are not. I wish I had expected a different outcome, but I didn't.

We all have a hard time understanding the evil that happens. It is one of life's great mysteries why some are taken and others not. I do not wish to step on anyones toes as this website is represented, I feel, by many beliefs.
We must all approach these hard questions within our own minds and hearts. I have lived long enough to see that good evenually overcomes evil and the outcomes are nothing like one thought they would be. Unfortunately, all you hear in the media is bad not uplifting things. skier

The autopsy is scheduled at 9am this morning.

WNs facebook has had a little activity in the last couple of hours.

:beats: RIP Celina :beats:

Haven't been able to sit down and check in until now. My prayers go out to everyone involved....

Its a little chilling that she was found in water, IIRC there were a couple of Websleuthers that felt that is what would happen.

For what its worth, I really do have the feeling that they are going to get to the bottom of this and there will be justice for this little angle.

Only thing I notice is 2 less friends, which is to be expected

I'm devastated hearing they have found sweet Celina.

:rose: RIP Celina :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member