Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. FB can be safe and fun if used properly, or dangerous if not appropriately controlled and monitored.

I can buy my child a bike and give him limits on how far he can ride, when he has to be home, and insist he wears a helmet. Or I can let him ride helmetless through the middle of downtown at 3AM. Buying a bike doesn't make you a bad parent, but failing to set appropriate limits to its use does.

So from that aspect, it does bother me that her page was public. Maybe living in such a small town there was a false sense of security? I don't live in a small town so IDK. Either way, I'm not sure her FB usage is a part of this crime.

Totally OT but is anyone else having problems with the scripts on WS loading tonight? It's taking forever for me to load every page!

I guess we can pretty much disregard everything I said in thread #3 about Insanity and competency. :sick:

"Currently, only the state of New Hampshire still uses the Durham Rule as a way to define insanity."

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/more-criminal-topics/insanity-defense/the-durham-rule.html

The jury decides if the person is insane. No doctors needed. :( :sick::sick::sick: maybe this is why he lives in NH now and not in "Canaan, VT" like he claimed on facebook. Not that I am saying he did anything at all!! Just mentioning this, because really, anyone could claim insanity. I am not ready to point fingers at anyone.

Taking some time off this evening....such a very sad case for full-time viewing. Hope to back tomorrow to hear more information. Really want to know who did this to Celina.

Is anyone else having problems with the scripts on Websleuths loading tonight? It's taking forever for me to load every page!

Page loading has been slower than usual today because some of the advertising that is displayed on these pages is hosted on other servers which occasionally run slowly. Today I've had pages here take a long time to load while waiting for a response from (the server hosting advertising on) advertising.com, and I've also been reading a page on here and noticed the page jump when an image (I assume) near the top of the page finally loads.

This whole case just makes me so angry!!!! She was 11 years old!!! AGGHHHH!!! I am going to wait on evidence to develop to make any more statements about who I think may, or may not have committed this crime. I do think we need to buckle ourselves in for a rough ride. This is not going to be an easy case!!!!

When I was a child I lied to my parents...I was the "good girl" and I wanted them to think that was true and I was also quite fearful of being punished. As an adult, I have prayed and made amends for this but I believe it is completely commonplace for a child who is testing limits and wanting to fit in, etc...So, while my kids know that I do not condone lying, and they know I make it a practice to avoid even white lies, as a clinical social worker I know that it is quite age appropriate for them to try to keep up with their friends, etc. (and we do talk about it)...my son made a FB account when he was 10 and when I found out, I got on and emailed FB that he wasn't the correct age and asked them to delete the account...I thought it was but he kept getting occasional emails from them and I recently looked it up again with him and it was still there...he is almost 12. I looked on the account and saw that he had not done any activity since I had told him the account was deleted. I then decided the opportunity to know what is going on with him is much more valuable than not knowing. I told him he could keep the account if I had full access...I told him not to "friend" anyone he does not personally know and also not anyone who is not nice to him and we talked about how kids can try to friend other kids to be mean and bully them. I look at it now as an opportunity to keep tabs and to also open up avenues of communication and since I did so, we have actually been communicating better and I feel our relationship has improved.

I'm sorry some think parents like me are so awful and neglectful but some of us do make decisions after weighing everything and they may not be right for everyone...but I feel this was the right decision for us...I don't know alot about what has gone on with Celine and FB but I wanted to say as another poster did that all parents who allow this are not stupid and neglectful...

Page loading has been slower than usual today because some of the advertising that is displayed on these pages is hosted on other servers which occasionally run slowly. Today I've had pages here take a long time to load while waiting for a response from (the server hosting advertising on) advertising.com, and I've also been reading a page on here and noticed the page jump when an image (I assume) near the top of the page finally loads.

We had a server upgrade a couple of days ago. It takes about a week to get all the kinks out when this kind of work is done on the site. is monitoring it and we should be back to normal soon.

I've been having the same issues whether I have the ads loaded or not.

Sorry to see the news that Celina's body was located. :(

RIP, sweet child.
May your loved ones find you justice.

When I was a child I lied to my parents...I was the "good girl" and I wanted them to think that was true and I was also quite fearful of being punished. As an adult, I have prayed and made amends for this but I believe it is completely commonplace for a child who is testing limits and wanting to fit in, etc...So, while my kids know that I do not condone lying, and they know I make it a practice to avoid even white lies, as a clinical social worker I know that it is quite age appropriate for them to try to keep up with their friends, etc. (and we do talk about it)...my son made a FB account when he was 10 and when I found out, I got on and emailed FB that he wasn't the correct age and asked them to delete the account...I thought it was but he kept getting occasional emails from them and I recently looked it up again with him and it was still there...he is almost 12. I looked on the account and saw that he had not done any activity since I had told him the account was deleted. I then decided the opportunity to know what is going on with him is much more valuable than not knowing. I told him he could keep the account if I had full access...I told him not to "friend" anyone he does not personally know and also not anyone who is not nice to him and we talked about how kids can try to friend other kids to be mean and bully them. I look at it now as an opportunity to keep tabs and to also open up avenues of communication and since I did so, we have actually been communicating better and I feel our relationship has improved.

I'm sorry some think parents like me are so awful and neglectful but some of us do make decisions after weighing everything and they may not be right for everyone...but I feel this was the right decision for us...I don't know alot about what has gone on with Celine and FB but I wanted to say as another poster did that all parents who allow this are not stupid and neglectful...

I'm just saying in this case, with Celina, her parents were of the mind that it is okay to let an 11 year old scoot around the rules in order to have a facebook so what other types of practices was she allowed to participate in while the adults looked the other way?

We already know this 11 year old was allowed unsupervised computer time because that is the last time she was seen. I am not blaming anyone here (God knows the family is suffering enough) I'm just saying that it's not a stretch that anything/anyone could have harmed this girl because I doubt she was in the safest of environments. Safety savvy parents do not let under age kids have access to social networking sites (fb is age 13) nor do they allow unsupervised computer time at such a young age.

I came back to the thread and my head was literally spinning. I know what this phrase means now. I'm going to wait for what precious sweet Celina's autopsy says before making any further comment. This case affected me like no other. maybe because of her age, her beauty, her innocence.. it's rocking my world.

Is there some evidence that makes anyone think Facebook is a part of this crime so far??? I looked at Celina's Facebook, and it was sweet and perfectly innocent from what I could tell - unlike the SF's! My daughter has a Facebook account, and I have full access to it. She communicates with her friends, she shares her joy's and sorrows, and tells funny stories about our pets. I also have a Facebook account and I value it greatly because I feel that I have a relationship with my family who live far away. I KNOW what their daily life is like in a way that I would NEVER know about if I waited for a phone call or letter. One of my relatives is confined to a wheelchair, and was supposed to be dead by the time she was 1 year old (Spinal Muscular Atrophy). She is on Facebook, at the age of 18 having the time of her life!!!! I have found Facebook to be exactly like life - you can meet GREAT people - especially old friends and family - or you can meet jerks. With Facebook, you can simply "delete" the jerks! Facebook accounts, even when "open" to the public are much more restrictive than Myspace ever was, IMHO. I also have a Myspace account - my daughter's do not. I don't use it because it is lame and stupid. Anyways.... enough of that - my opinion of social networking sites, is that they reflect real life, and can be good or bad - depends on the person.

Reannan, I feel anytime you put your name on the net, you could be subject to just about anything. I have no doubts about that one. It's probably one of the best crime tools I've seen that's free and one that's utilized first in many situtations. Beware of your friends.

I am so sad tonight that I feel physically ill. I'm not sure if I can take even watching or reading about anymore missing people. I never thought this many cases could go unsolved.........Holly Bobo, Kyron Horman, Susan Powell....the list just goes on and on. We hear about it, discuss it and then the cases just fade away with no resolution.
My heart is breaking for this poor innocent child.

I'm just saying in this case, with Celina, her parents were of the mind that it is okay to let an 11 year old scoot around the rules in order to have a facebook so what other types of practices was she allowed to participate in while the adults looked the other way?

We already know this 11 year old was allowed unsupervised computer time because that is the last time she was seen. I am not blaming anyone here (God knows the family is suffering enough) I'm just saying that it's not a stretch that anything/anyone could have harmed this girl because I doubt she was in the safest of environments. Safety savvy parents do not let under age kids have access to social networking sites (fb is age 13) nor do they allow unsupervised computer time at such a young age.

IMO I don't think facebook had anything to do with this crime.

I agree with much of your post, Kalekona. My kids. 19 and 23 now, grew up using FB.

I LOVED FB for many reasons. Number one, I was able to 'research' the friends they were hanging out with when they were in middle and high school. I had their passwords, and I knew what 'bad' happened before I even got the call. LOL If a party became rowdy and the cops were called, it would hit FB instantly. I could call my kid and say " I AM ON MY WAY to pick you up, prepare to be grounded for awhile." they could not hide anything from us.

If she was interested in a new boy, I could read his wall, and read the messages he sent her. That helped me make wise decisions about who she was or wasn't going on a date with. This was when they were younger of course, back when we still had a say in all that.

But most important, imo, was that the kids could do research on their own. They could see if some new friend was really into the stoner crowd or not. My son would not bother with girls that he thought were 'playing' all the guys on her FB. It was a quick way for them to assess new friendships, without falling into the wrong crowd in the meantime.

We live in a very precocious, fast paced community. I think FB was a great tool for the kids to sort through the various cliques and groups and find their own way, without having to go to a coke party to find out they do not want to be involved. My daughter met a cute guy from another school in her drivers training class. They were hanging out after class a little and he asked her out on a date. By researching his FB she saw that he was very good friends with the boys that she knows were doing and even selling coke. She saw pix of him at their parties. Without FB she may have gone out on a date with him. *Shudder*

Well, I guess I can see your point. I'll admit I do use it to track my three brothers-in-law, as best I can. They are all teens, the youngest is 15. They all have FB. They don't have a dad and their mom is crazy, more like a 14 year old herself, so it's up to us to make sure they stay on the straight and narrow, etc., which is really hard and often bumpy.

If they were girls, or younger or mine, I wouldn't want them on FB, the internet, having cellphones, at 11, etc., but they are older and I guess it's true that it can be a valuable tool to track them and their friends.

For example, I once saw a convo. one was having with some FB contacts. One kid appeared to be being bullied by another and my little brother-in-law was defending him. But the kid appeared to be suicidal and saying strange things. I finagled his name and apartment complex from my brother-in-law and called the police. The kid was hospitalized briefly.

But it's not fail safe. I found out recently that the middle boy had been drinking and smoking pot. Boy did the you know what hit the fan when I found out! A lot of disappointment. He's back on track now, thank God. But, there was no indication whatsoever from his FB that he or any of his friends were doing anything like that at all.

Also, kids these days know how to do things that many of us adults can't fathom, with technology. They know how to create accounts we don't know about and to make them private so we can't find them.

My feeling is that adolescents need to really be monitored. Computers should not be in their rooms and kids who haven't even hit puberty should not have any kind of social networking account or have unmonitored access to the internet.

Maybe I've become old fashioned or behind the times but the world of today, with kids growing up so fast scares the he!! out of me. It really does.

What this has to do with precious Celina's case, I can't say. But, so many of these cases with these adorable little girls going missing or turning up dead, well, it seems these kids often don't have a safe home or are truly looked after in the way they should be. I believe we may see that that was the case with Celina - that more care of her should have been taken by her parents. I guess we'll see.

Is there some evidence that makes anyone think Facebook is a part of this crime so far??? I looked at Celina's Facebook, and it was sweet and perfectly innocent from what I could tell - unlike the SF's! My daughter has a Facebook account, and I have full access to it. She communicates with her friends, she shares her joy's and sorrows, and tells funny stories about our pets. I also have a Facebook account and I value it greatly because I feel that I have a relationship with my family who live far away. I KNOW what their daily life is like in a way that I would NEVER know about if I waited for a phone call or letter. One of my relatives is confined to a wheelchair, and was supposed to be dead by the time she was 1 year old (Spinal Muscular Atrophy). She is on Facebook, at the age of 18 having the time of her life!!!! I have found Facebook to be exactly like life - you can meet GREAT people - especially old friends and family - or you can meet jerks. With Facebook, you can simply "delete" the jerks! Facebook accounts, even when "open" to the public are much more restrictive than Myspace ever was, IMHO. I also have a Myspace account - my daughter's do not. I don't use it because it is lame and stupid. Anyways.... enough of that - my opinion of social networking sites, is that they reflect real life, and can be good or bad - depends on the person.

Bbm, no. And I pray her family does not read this topic :( JMO

Something about how close she was to the house makes me think less and less that facebook had anything to do with it. And now that I have learned "that the defendant is not "criminally responsible if his unlawful act is the product of a mental disease or defect."" in New Hampshire, I think that it is time for bed before I get so worked up that I can't think straight. Especially since, as a practitioner of non-violence I believe that anyone who kills/harms another has a mental defect. Its hard to tear myself away, but I think I better for my sanity. Hopefully we will know something in the next few days.

IMO I don't think facebook had anything to do with this crime.

Me either...... I think the monster responsible for this crime was sadly, very close to Celina in real life. People get so scared of the internet, yet it isn't any different than real life! You have to learn how to judge character and make wise choices.... and we are all capable of being fooled - in real life and on the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214