Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been asking whether the body was located in New Hampshire or Vermont and which state has jurisdiction.

The Connecticut River does divide the 2 states. But all of the river itself is in NH. My husband is an attorney and is familiar with this area.

Or, is the sheet draped over the sides of the stretcher being used to bring her up? It's hard to tell from the photo...

I put it in paint and blew it up to see if I could get a better look and it is a box or some other square shaped object IMO. I am pretty confident.

I would post the enlarged version except I am awful and inconsistant in my computer skills and abilities to do most things. PC related or otherwise. I call it disapearing skill ability disorder or D-SAD for short. No known cure but I take fish oil eveyday.:crazy:

Her body was recovered very close to home for being someone (i.e. a trucker) who happened upon her and scooped her up. I think she would have been found a greater distance away (if at all) if that had happened. Someone only had a small window to be away from home to dispose of her.

Celina's body was recovered from the river with a black hawk helicopter. A regular police helicopter was rumored to offered to help but was turned down in favor of waiting for the black hawk.

The photo in the above quoted, linked post is a linked photo of the recovery.

I think the square shape is likely the standard U.S.A.R. bag. They are somewhat standard on Blackhawk SAR helicopters.

I put it in paint and blew it up to see if I could get a better look and it is a box or some other sqaure shaped object IMO. I am pretty confident.

I would post the enlarged version except I am awful and inconsistant in my computer skills and abilities to do most things. PC related or otherwise. I call it disapearing skill ability disorder or D-SAD for short. No known cure but I take fish oil eveyday.:crazy:
BBM

I must have D-SAD, also.

I tried to post a photo of Angelina Jolie & a photo of Celina next to each other... similar ages, expressions & head positions.

Couldn't figure out how to do it.

I think it is likely someone she knew as well, but that could be any number of people. I believe I read that they live in a multiple dwelling unit, and someone please straighten me out if that is incorrect. I saw a local reporter on HLN last night pointing out that although it is a small town, a major highway is close by - and it is not off the beaten track or hard to find. I just feel obligated to consider the family victims at this point, and not jump to conclusions about people I know almost nothing about. imo

Celina's house is on a state highway. In NH, that's a numbered road. It is not an interstate, divided highway. True, it is the main road through town.

I had a few issues with what the editor of the Colebrook Chronicle was saying on HLN last night. Several things he said gave viewers and other commentators an inaccurate slant IMO--Celina's FB page, the living on a major highway, her home situation....

BBM- I know this has been quoted before but it is really telling. IMHO, if the belief wasn't known whether she fell in or whatnot, the wording would have been "...so we are trying to determine how her body ended up in the water...." From my experience in watching Jane Young on other cases, she chooses her words VERY carefully. I believe LE has determined she was put/placed there.

“Based on what we have seen visually we are treating it as suspicious,” Jane Young, a New Hampshire senior assistant attorney general told the press. “She was located in the water so we are trying to determine how her body was put in the water

http://www.twirlit.com/2011/08/02/body-of-missing-girl-celina-cass-11-found-in-new-hampshire/

I put it in paint and blew it up to see if I could get a better look and it is a box or some other square shaped object IMO. I am pretty confident.

LOL -- I may start putting these letters after my name in my signature line at work ;)

Thanks for the info on the box though -- I'm hoping we will have considerably more info after the autopsy.

BBM- I know this has been quoted before but it is really telling. IMHO, if the belief wasn't known whether she fell in or whatnot, the wording would have been "...so we are trying to determine how her body ended up in the water...." From my experience in watching Jane Young on other cases, she chooses her words VERY carefully. I believe LE has determined she was put/placed there.

http://www.twirlit.com/2011/08/02/body-of-missing-girl-celina-cass-11-found-in-new-hampshire/

And, if I remember correctly, she used this phrase "put in the water," more than once -- one time repeating it to a reporter.

Celina's house is on a state highway. In NH, that's a numbered road. It is not an interstate, divided highway. True, it is the main road through town.

I had a few issues with what the editor of the Colebrook Chronicle was saying on HLN last night. Several things he said gave viewers and other commentators an inaccurate slant IMO--Celina's FB page, the living on a major highway, her home situation....

Yes, only a 2 lane hwy. I was looking at a map and it seems to be a very sparse area in NH and not close to any major hwys or populated towns. Because of this, I'm thinking it had to be someone in or close to the family. The only other thing I can come up with is she may have been sitting on the porch or steps and someone stopped, ask a question of her and then snatched her....but if that happened..I don't think she would have been found so close to where she lived....unless a local. It had to be someone with knowledge of the area...AND comfortable being there doing their dirty deed, imo.

That pic of a young Jackie O does indeed look like Celina.
icon9.gif
My heart hurts.

ETA: Some of the reports on HLN last night were teeth grinding!!

I just read an article and if I knew how to link I would.

Autopsy results will be released today late afternoon early evening.

I would expect around 5:30pm - 6:30pm ET for the autopsy press conference.

I would not expect to get much information.
I wouldn't even expect to hear it's a homicide.
I definitely wouldn't expect to hear a cause of death or any details.
I wouldn't expect a suspect to be named unless an arrest is made.

I would expect a very brief press conference something like this:

"The autopsy has been completed but the report is not final at this time.
We have no cause or manner of death pending results of toxicology/further tests.
I have no further information to release at this time, thank you."

Hopefully I will be surprised and we will get more information than she normally gives out. She has in this case so far.

http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_Investigate_Missing_Girls_Death

anyone else thinking this might wind up rather surprising?
not asking for your thoughts per se, just are you thinking it

Soul...you should try..please. You can always "practice" and preview it... then if it doesn't come out..you don't have to submit to the post. LOL I do it all the time. :innocent:

I think the square shape is likely the standard U.S.A.R. bag. They are somewhat standard on Blackhawk SAR helicopters.

I keep looking at images but I am not finding one comparable.

Yesterday the back hawk arrived and the recovery was quick within five minutes both things happened. I would think it would take longer to secure a free floating or submerged body then it would to recovery one that was concealed. Just speculating with the photo and chain of events.

Any idea why they would not want to use a police helicopter instead of the blackhawk which was held up for a while ?

What would be the added benefit of the black hawk verses the police copter?

I wouldnt be able to guess remotely close because I have no idea about helicopters and the missions.

I would panic as well. However, being as this is the stepfather and possibly may have only been living with Celina for less than a year, based on when it is believed that he and Celina's mother got married, his panic instinct may not have kicked in. Yeah, it is believed he has older children, but have those children lived with him? I had a HUGE learning curve when my stepkids first started staying the nights with us, even the 1st couple of years.

Also, another thought, maybe knowing that Celina preferred to sleep on the couch and did not like to sleep in the room by herself when her sister was away, maybe he expected her to be sleeping on the couch and when she wasn't, went down to her room to check on her.

BBM

That is something that has been bothering me. Mom got up early and left for work. Wouldn't she have noticed if CC was not on the couch? I am kind of surprised that she did not look in on her.

I would love for the autopsy results to show some accident. She went for a walk and slipped, hit her head, etc. The poor child is already dead -- the only good outcome at this point would be finding out that she did not die either afraid and/or realizing she was betrayed by some adult in her life. I want to hear for once that no other human being had a hand in taking the life of a child.

I do think LE will say manner of death soon, i.e. if she was murdered. This is a very small town and a very scary thing to happen, no matter how she died, but I think the community has a right to know if she murdered, unless LE already has a suspect and plans an arrest very soon.

WN was waving at the media from inside the house he is staying in. I guess since he was acknowledging them, they took his pic. If he is upset, bothered, mad, furious, distraught, etc. about the media, then perhaps he could move his seat so they can't see him. For those who are being so protective of him, maybe contacting the media and voicing your displeasure will cause them to back off.

I keep looking at images but I am not finding one comparable.

Yesterday the back hawk arrived and the recovery was quick within five minutes both things happened. I would think it would take longer to secure a free floating or submerged body then it would to recovery one that was concealed. Just speculating with the photo and chain of events.

Any idea why they would not want to use a police helicopter instead of the blackhawk which was held up for a while ?

What would be the added benefit of the black hawk verses the police copter?

I wouldnt be able to guess remotely close because I have no idea about helicopters and the missions.

I thought we heard that the Black Hawk was because of the severe weather in the outlying area. Most of the NE had severe storms last afternoon/evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon