Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right.

When she said "cause and manner of death are pending" it reminded of what the ME said when my son died. We waited weeks for the toxicology tests because they didn't find anything in his blood. The tests showed nothing and they never found a COD. We'll never know what happened - all the ME could tell us was that, for some unknown reason, he stopped breathing.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. :( I can't imagine not knowing.

As for Celina, I am certain they know. I was commenting to MsFacetious the other day when she was talking about JY and said that JY could keep a secret from Jesus, and I totally mean that. She is very good at what she does. If you go back and look at some of MsFacetious' posts she brings up a lot of good points from previous cases. This is how JY plays it, every time. Have faith in her. She is top notch.

Nothing that they saw in or out of the water that made them go to a criminal investigation and from no POI to not commenting on a POI will be found in those tox reports. Good that they are doing them, but since they can say criminal before tox comes back tells me that they know something.

http://www.wcax.com/story/15194429/search-for-clues-in-death-of-celina-cass#
The police investigation continues into Celina Cass' death. Tuesday, forensic investigators once again searched the area where Celina's body was found in the Connecticut River. They focused on a cement wall near an old rail bridge, and also scoured through high grass.

A quarter of a mile down the street, state troopers continue to guard Celina Cass' home. Crime scene tape is again around the home. And investigators also placed a blue tarp over a silver vehicle parked in the driveway. Neighbors say that vehicle belongs to Celina's stepfather.

IMO, if they are thinking of WN as a serious POI, then they may be afraid of releasing anything that may have him thinking he is. He seems to be very fragile and remember his mental condition...possibly suicidal. ? Touchy situation.....since it was reported he wasn't cooperating with LE.

I would think, if they did suspect WN, they would not have leaked that speculation, given his history of mental illness. I would think they'd do more to lull him into a false sense of security. Even a whiff of suspicion would be too much for a man who experienced (and may still experience) paranoid delusions.

Now, I could be wrong, but my take on it was that this "source" is probably not closely tied to the investigation, or is talking out of their butt, or is talking without permission.

I perhaps wonder if they were attempting to make it look like they didn't have too much information to allow whomever is responsible to slip up?

:seeya: Welcome! From what MsFacetious says, this prosecutor plays it very close to the vest and closes in fast. MsFacetious also has the clairvoyant ability to quote a press statement by this woman hours before it happens.

Wonder who was living in the duplex that moved 3 weeks ago? Maybe they had an eye on CC and figured if they approached her after they had moved...there would be no connection?

I hope you're right.

When she said "cause and manner of death are pending" it reminded of what the ME said when my son died. We waited weeks for the toxicology tests because they didn't find anything in his blood. The tests showed nothing and they never found a COD. We'll never know what happened - all the ME could tell us was that, for some unknown reason, he stopped breathing.

Tiki I'm so sorry to hear that. ((((((( HUGS ))))))))))

http://www.wmur.com/video/27708686/detail.html#ixzz1Tv5Y2KiG

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young on Krista Dittmeyer missing- almost same as Celina. Then within a few days (I think?) they made arrests.

Thanks. That makes me feel better. She said Krista's cause and manner of death were pending, despite later it being alleged she was hit on the head several times. So the fact that she said CC's cause and manner of death are pending doesn't mean there is no obvious cause of death.

maybe i've seen too many episodes of "criminal minds" but maybe they are holding the press conferences to see if someone they are "watching" shows up - and maybe they are trying to trap the perp or watch a reaction. i dunno. i guess i'm hoping they are closer to knowing what happened than it appears.

I think that is so extremely unlikely.

Not necessarily. Let's say someone in the home wanted to sneak her out of the house in the middle of the night. They could bring her hot chocolate full of rooffies and then carry her out quietly.

IMHO- It wasn't a waste of time to me- I appreciate the fact that they are (she is) at least willing to speak to MSM. Anyone can throw out a typed press release. I think Ms F has Young pegged- playing their hand carefully I venture to guess. Biding some time??

LE seems to be spending a lot of time at the river area. What else could they be looking for??? A spent bullet casing? ( is it common to hear guns go off in the area, and no one really think anything of it???)_Something that could have gotten dropped in all that brush? Drink bottles? Cigarette butts? Drag marks??? Are they looking in the water for anything?

A couple of other news stations had tweets this evening that the SF was uncooperative with the police when being questioned ....I DO NOT know if that means anything or not...is LE hoping to gain more info from him in some form??
Are their others they are hoping to question......possibly again??

I hope and pray they are building an airtight case so Celina's killer can be brought to judgemnet.

I would think that drowning would have been an easily determined COD in an autopsy, along with certain other obvious causes. Surely the ME either stated a cause or has a pretty good idea. Could it be that tox results are sort of in the "back pocket" as a sort of stalling technique? They're not really "lying," since tox screens do take extra time. It seems significant that the SF is being uncooperative on the same day as the autopsy is done. Something in that autopsy must have led them right back to him.

Not necessarily. Let's say someone in the home wanted to sneak her out of the house in the middle of the night. They could bring her hot chocolate full of rooffies and then carry her out quietly.

I am not going to read anything into "pending" given she said cause and manner of death were pending in Krista Dittmeyer's case. There could be a quite obvious cause of death, and saying "it's pending" is probably just done in order to buy time.

A little update on the toxicology results: Jane Young said the AG's office has requested a rush on the tests.

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event I'd be willing to bet that means an arrest is imminent.

A source is telling a Boston CBS station (WBZ) that the SF "has been questioned by police, and has been uncooperative." What could this mean, and is it the reason the press conference was delayed? Okay, why would he be uncooperative when the impression has been given that he has cooperated all along? My guess is that he is being uncooperative in answering questions that the autopsy brought up. Ideas?
WN might be unable to cooperate if he is psychotic. A psychotic individual might not be able to cooperate with LE because of persecutory delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, catatonic symptoms, echolalia, and additional symptoms that schizophrenics can exhibit.

Thanks for the welcome, KathrynL! I have been following this thread for the last few days feverishly, but today is the first day I have posted anything. I think I might be addicted to this site.

Per the observations of the body in and out of the water, that is what made it suspicious.

This is pure speculation on my part:

Observation in the water: wrapped as several others have said...perhaps weighed down also?

Observation out of the water: I'm thinking hands bound? gagged? a ligature?....something they could tell just by looking that Celina did not go into the water voluntarily or by accident but was, as she said yesterday, PUT into the water....

The biggest update provided by the AG's office is that an autopsy has not conclusively determine how Celina died. Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young says the investigation is still ongoing.
by Trent Spiner/WMUR Staff 7:10 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_Investigate_Missing_Girls_Death#ixzz1TvCpA9Qg

hmmm no?? I believe she said COD was PENDING ...which I believe is different from
"has not conclusively determine"

Did I hear wrong??

Was that Hollyblue? Yeah I am curious about the tenant that moved 3 weeks ago too

WMUR's still doing a good job, taking questions from viewers:

Has anyone from Celina's family spoken to the media other than her dad?
by nonamesleft 8:35 PM EST

Her step-father, Wendell Noyes, spoke to us briefly on the phone last Tuesday, when Celina was first reported missing. We also spoke to him for a few moments on-camera earlier this week. One of Celina's aunts and her grandfather have also spoken to us.
by Trent Spiner/WMUR Staff 8:38 PM EST

http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_Investigate_Missing_Girls_Death#ixzz1TvCso2C2

But my gawd - WHY! Why would anyone want to drug an 11 year old, kill her, and dump her in a river.

My question will always be why -- no matter how Celina died.

:(

Mel

At this point, the SF is not hospitalized. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19