Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how I feel about it, kalekona...as you said, a child can set this account up anywhere without any adult knowing about it...my son did it...I reported it to FB and they not only didn't do anything about it but he continued to get emails...A year later, when I realized the account still existed I weighed everything, including the fact that he had followed my decision and NOT used it in the last year and decided what I can get to know with his permission is a heck of a lot better than not knowing and keeping my head in the sand...others may not agree but I don't believe there are too many children out there that don't do things behind their parents back- and as we have seen in our own childhoods (at least I have) the more restrictive parents quite often have the most rebellious children...

As for those who say we are condoning lying...oh well...I do my best and try to teach them my best but I don't see FB, as an entity that is constantly changing their rules, etc. as "someone" that I'm worried about "deceiving"...call it rationalizing, or whatever you want...even if my child was 14 I would have them put an older age as it's really no one's business...how many people on here use their name? How many reveal a location? How many reveal their age? (I know many do, but many don't for a variety of reasons...).

I think this whole thing about this case and FB is a non-issue and I'm pretty sure it's not helping the situation with the mother and father who I'm sure are being judged in RL by petty people with little compassion. Worst case scenario that it was related to FB- still wouldn't be the fault of FB, IMO...

I agree 100% with what you said.

...Mr. N was the one who realized that Celina was missing and not in her room. Family members tell us that he then notified her mother (we were told that she was at work). From there, the family members said that they began searching all around the neighborhood for her. A neighbor said that she was the one who contacted police as the family was going door to door trying to find her.
by David Hurlburt/WMUR Staff 2:24 PM

http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/Authorities_Investigate_Missing_Girls_Death

So this information that we were unaware of having been confimred by MSM.

Thank you for posting! This clears a couple of questions up.

I have not read all the posts since the threads went so fast, but why did Celina have a different last name than her biological father and her sister? Anyone know?

I have wondered why her last name is Cass and her real dad is L. another name. skier

I just don't get this...not trying to second guess someone in a panic but why wouldn't you call police immediately and then do the searching? I could see if she had a history of run-away behavior or defiance...if they had called police on other occasions and then found her and didn't want to waste police resources. But to my knowledge she hadn't been that way so I can't imagine not calling police immediately when she's not in her bed (or the house) in the morning. Just seems really fishy...

I am going to venture a guess that, especially being in a small town, where everyone knows everyone and many people do not even lock the doors at night, something tragic having occurred would not be the first thing that comes to mind. Unless there was visible evidence of a crime scene, they may have just thought that she went for a walk or to a friend's house.

JMOO

Quick guess on the surname difference. My oldest has my maiden name as I was not married to her father when she was born. Is it possible Celina was born under similar circumstances?

Just a possibility. Could be another reason though. JMHO

s&bbm

I'm reading 'Henry's Demons' which is a bio of a father & son dealing with the son's Schizophrenia..I found this part really interesting even tho I wasn't surprised cos I already knew many (quote!) normal ppl can & do get very 'paranoid' after smoking POT:
QUOTE]

Just a little off topic....

Wasn't there a poster of WS years ago who wrote about her child's struggle with PS? This is ringing a bell to me. (Of course I hear bells all the time)

This is really intrusive - he's not even outside. I'm disappointed with the media for photographing him and printing it while he's sitting inside another's home.

ITA ~ Not only shouldn't it be posted by the media, it shouldn't be posted here. Nor should his mental health information be posted here or elsewhere. He is a family member and has not been declared a POI and according to WS rules, he's off limits. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but just because he has a mental illness doesn't mean he's a killer and it really irritates me. MOO

I just don't get this...not trying to second guess someone in a panic but why wouldn't you call police immediately and then do the searching? I could see if she had a history of run-away behavior or defiance...if they had called police on other occasions and then found her and didn't want to waste police resources. But to my knowledge she hadn't been that way so I can't imagine not calling police immediately when she's not in her bed (or the house) in the morning. Just seems really fishy...

I don't know - I think if it were a younger child, I'd be questioning it more. She's 11 and it's summertime. I can see where, if she's not in her bed at home, and she's never run away, you don't assume the worst. You're in a small town, where you know everyone. I would probably assume my child had gone over to a friend's, rather than being kidnapped. I don't think looking for her at a friend's house before calling police is fishy. If she were 4, yes, but 11 is a bit different.

<sbm bbm>

I believe much of the time LE was in the water with celina, they were determining in which jurisdiction her body was lying in when she was found.

If she was found on VT property - the investigation would be carried out by them. If she was found on NH property, it would belong to them. imo

Not necessarily true. remember the little boy who was killed by his mother and placed on the side of the road in Maine. Maine and Mass were all over this until it was determined his mom allegedly killed him in a NH motel and then it was all NH!

So let me get this straight! Celinas mother was at work? does she work night shift ? celina might have been home alone with sf or am i confused?

I don't know - I think if it were a younger child, I'd be questioning it more. She's 11 and it's summertime. I can see where, if she's not in her bed at home, and she's never run away, you don't assume the worst. You're in a small town, where you know everyone. I would probably assume my child had gone over to a friend's, rather than being kidnapped. I don't think looking for her at a friend's house before calling police is fishy. If she were 4, yes, but 11 is a bit different.

I believe the statement was that a neighbor called police while others were going door to door. Sounds to me like it was happening simultaneously.

So the stepdad 'discovered' her gone? The mom was at work when stepdad discovered her gone? Was anyone else in the house?

I am confused as to when she actually went missing. Read that she was last seen on computer at 9:00 in the evening. No one saw her after that? Did the mom think Celina was sleeping when mom left for work?

11 isn't that old.... my grandchild is 10 and still a baby in my heart.

ITA I think it sounds pretty plausible, you call mom at work and say hey was she supposed to go somewhere this morning? and then being such a small community you ask around. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but what time in the morning was she discovered missing? I ask because I know my kids stay in bed pretty late in the summer ...

He appears to be wearing the same shirt as he had on yesterday during his interview with reporters, prior to his episode and being taken to the hospital.

Perhaps the plumbing inside the house is not functioning since it appears he might not have taken a shower and changed cloths today. Further suggesting that perhaps the drains within the house have been removed to collect evidence.

Gonna speak generically here....

Anyone who suffers from mental illness in one of it's forms (other than OCD ;-)) may not be too interested in hygiene. When one sufferes from depression or PS, or is BiP, they can totally live in their head and in the moment. Being clean and changing clothing is not at the top of their priorities.

I wouldn't put too much thought into this. (Hell, Patsy Ramsey didn't change her clothes and we hung her out to dry!)

At least SF is well enough to be with friends or family and has not been sectioned for 72 hours.

To be honest I think they don't know COD or MOD right now but that's just me. I think that they are going forward as a suspicious death and handling it as a crime investigation because that might be their protocol. It is for a lot of LE's.

I won't get into the details here because it's so soon after her being found but having had lived in Central TX we always had many many people that drowned in the area lakes. Both in summer and winter.

GRAPHIC WARNING:

So without going into too much detail I remember that it does take some time for submerged bodies to come up on their own. It takes longer if the water is cold (not cool) and if the ambient air above the water is cold too.

The average I saw was that a submerged body would eventually rise to the surface within a week, give or take a day or so. If it was in the summer. That's why I'm not assuming she was weighted down. She may very well have not been.

Another thing I observed, even if the body is in the water for a short time (such as a week) there will be obvious and feature altering bloating. There was no other word to use for it, skin slippage as well. So that would make it incrediably difficult for LE to look at remains and state that there were any obvious injuries because of that and because the body can be subjected to injury postmortem while under the water if there are things down there as well as any animal life underwater.

IMHO it's impossible for me to even speculate, personally, because of so many factors. KWIM? Just sharing what I learned from the countless drownings on those lakes when I lived in CenTx. All JMHO

I do not believe the body was floating as the divers brought her up from the bottom. This is my understanding from news reports. Also, water is still cold
up north even though it is summer. The north country has not had the heat we have in the south. Actually, N.H. overall has had a cool summer with short bursts of heat. skier

So let me get this straight! Celinas mother was at work? does she work night shift ? celina might have been home alone with sf or am i confused?

Celina's mother works at a consignment shop in Colebrook. As I understand it, she had gone to work that morning, and then when the stepfather woke, he checked on Celina around 8-8:30am and discovered her not in the home. He contacted Celina's mother and family members began searching door to door for Celina. Her sister, who had been sleeping the night at a friend's house got to a friend's house and the mother there called 911.

That is how I understand the chain of events.

Gonna speak generically here....

Anyone who suffers from mental illness in one of it's forms (other than OCD ;-)) may not be too interested in hygiene. When one sufferes from depression or PS, or is BiP, they can totally live in their head and in the moment. Being clean and changing clothing is not at the top of their priorities.

I wouldn't put too much thought into this. (Hell, Patsy Ramsey didn't change her clothes and we hung her out to dry!)

At least SF is well enough to be with friends or family and has not been sectioned for 72 hours.

I don't think changing shirts would be high on my priority list if my daughter or son had just been found dead in a river. And how in the world did this medical information get out. Don't they have HIPPA laws in New Hampshire. It is a horrible shame that this was released. jmo

Actually, I don't believe he's allowed back in his house for a while. This picture, I am assuming was taken at another house, likely where he is currently staying

Which gives one pause to wonder if Wendell & Celena's Mother are staying in the same home or if there has been a shift yet especially, if LE has suggested to her that Wendell may be involved...

Celina seen on computer at 9:00 in the evening. The next morning between 8:00-8:30, stepdad notices she is gone.

Were there other people in the house? Has it been said what time the mom left for work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme