Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK ... Didn't the SF find her missing @9:30am ... and then the neighbor called @2:30 pm? Do I have that right? Do we have an updated timeline?

Maybe it's just me, but while I don't live in a rural community, I live in a 'safe/low crime' suburban community. If I woke up and found my kid gone, I'd have a mini heart attack, call my husband if he was at work (while I was throwing up), we'd be doing a quick rundown of friends/neighbors (calling and going door to door), and I don't think we'd wait much more than 90 minutes before we'd call the cops. I don't even know if I'd wait that long.

But I'm a paranoid mother. And my community isn't that small.

But on the flip side, as small as that community is, FIVE HOURS (if I have the timeline right) is a bizarrely long time to wait to call the police for help. They'd need LESS time, one would think, than a family that lives in a more populated community. Did Celina have so many friends and places she hung out in that small town that it took 5 hours to reach the conclussion she was missing? Seems fishy to me.:twocents:

He reported her missing to mom at 8.00 or 8.30. The police notified the media at 2.30 pm.

So, if mom went in the morning, either she didn't check on Celina before she left OR Celina was in her room when mom left and was "gone" by 8:30. I'm only curious because my daughter is almost 16, and I don't leave for work in the morning without peeking my head in and usually whispering a "goodbye." (And that's only because she gets mad if I actually wake her to kiss her :)

Good point twzzlrgirl! I was JUST thinking that. I don't leave for work without knocking on my 17 year old son's door and saying "you up?" It ticks him off but I can't leave without doing it lol.

I don't know what RL is and I'm aware that what's reported in the media is not the whole story or always even accurate, but...so far, I have not seen one report where any neighbor, towns person, etc., has even hinted that the family is to blame for this. Even Celina's father, who could have jumped all over the mom and SF has said Celina reported she was loved at her home and that her mom was a good mother.

I don't see evidence of petty people or judgment of any kind thus far. Frankly, this looks like a nice, little town with some real compassionate people who all seem to know and care about one another.

As far as FB is concerned, I don't think anyone on here has said that FB is "evil" or to blame for what happened to Celina. Instead, people have speculated that easy, unfettered and non-private internet access for an 11 year old girl, could be a possible issue in this case and/or symptomatic of the way this child was raised.

I think the discussion of FB/internet access is no less legitimate a discussion as questions regarding step-parents, mental illness, criminal backgrounds, family relationships, etc. There is nothing cruel about it. That's what we do on websleuths, we speculate and brainstorm with as much compassion and propriety as possible.

I also highly doubt that Celina's family has made it over to a crime sleuthing site at this juncture. They are likely mostly in shock, grieving and trying to figure out what is going to happen next.

I do not believe the internet played a part in this case. I don't know anything, actually, but my suspicions tell me it is probably not the case. However, the discussion is valid, IMO and what we do here.

According to this link:

• 75% of children are willing to share personal information online about themselves and their family in exchange for goods and services.
    - eMarketer
  • Only approximately 25% of children who encountered a sexual approach or solicitation told a parent or adult.
    - Crimes Against Children Research Center
  • One in 33 youth received an aggressive sexual solicitation in the past year. This means a predator asked a young person to meet somewhere, called a young person on the phone, and/or sent the young person correspondence, money, or gifts through the U.S. Postal Service.
    - Your Internet Safety Survey
  • 77% of the targets for online predators were age 14 or older. Another 22% were users ages 10 to 13.
    - Crimes Against Children Research Center
http://www.sentrypc.com/statistics.htm (More at link).

RL meaning "real life"...I'm not suggesting evidence- just my life experience that tells me that people are often judgmental...may offer support but there is almost always someone second guessing and judging...

I didn't mean to suggest that the internet discussion is not valid; just IMO the connection is doubtful at this point and I think several posters are being judgmental about other posters' parental decisions...

I appreciate you giving these statistics...makes me even more comfortable in knowing that I can look at my son (whose privacy settings I set after the conversation here for which I am thankful) and his friends pages...as well as his email...not all solicitation comes from social networking...many kids play games etc on the internet, including games specifically targeted to young children, which can also open them to solicitation.

She possibly was murdered in a vehicle, building or on the ground on the VT side of the river.

All possibilities are open I supposed but most cases when the victim is killed and by someone they knew it was mostly like done in their own home or property and then the body is taken away to a dump site and disposed of there.

I do think Celina was killed and by someone very close to her.

IMO

IDK ... Didn't the SF find her missing @9:30am ... and then the neighbor called @2:30 pm? Do I have that right? Do we have an updated timeline?

Maybe it's just me, but while I don't live in a rural community, I live in a 'safe/low crime' suburban community. If I woke up and found my kid gone, I'd have a mini heart attack, call my husband if he was at work (while I was throwing up), we'd be doing a quick rundown of friends/neighbors (calling and going door to door), and I don't think we'd wait much more than 90 minutes before we'd call the cops. I don't even know if I'd wait that long.

But I'm a paranoid mother. And my community isn't that small.

But on the flip side, as small as that community is, FIVE HOURS (if I have the timeline right) is a bizarrely long time to wait to call the police for help. They'd need LESS time, one would think, than a family that lives in a more populated community. Did Celina have so many friends and places she hung out in that small town that it took 5 hours to reach the conclussion she was missing? Seems fishy to me.:twocents:

I am not sure where the documented timeline that I posted is anymore. However, as I recall...

9pm, Sun ~ Celina was last seen
8-8:30am, Mon ~ Celina was noted missing by WN
9am, Mon ~ LE was notified by neighbor
2:30pm, Mon ~ Media was notified

Good point twzzlrgirl! I was JUST thinking that. I don't leave for work without knocking on my 17 year old son's door and saying "you up?" It ticks him off but I can't leave without doing it lol.

I know! I can't leave without seeing that she's there, where she should be. Not to suggest that it's negligent not to -- just that it struck me as odd (for me) that the mom would leave without checking. Or course, I think a lot of us check on our kids in circumstances that our parents or grandparents would not have. I know I started checking on my daughter because she was just a baby when JonBenet Ramsey was murdered. Scared the life out of me. First time I ever worried that she wasn't safe in our own home.

Did you see his Facebook? Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge just because he seems like a pervert.
I didn't think of him at first, but after seeing his FB page, I am not sure.. jmo

I did see his FB page, he seems attracted to big breasted women. That still doesnt make him a murderer. Im not saying he did or didnt do this to Celina. Im just saying until someone is named by Le as being a POI he should be as off limits to these discussions as anyone else.
His medical history is his own business as is his hygene, They cant get into their home and people expect him to be showered shaved and have clean clothes. It just seems very intrusive into someones life who hasnt been named as a POI IMO.

When something like this happens, I always remind myself of the Dowaliby case. The stepfather and mother were put on trial for Jaclyn's murder-mom's case was dismissed for lack of evidence but David Dowaliby did prison time before the case was reversed. Because there is no information at this time that the stepfather had a hand in this, because there really isn't much information at all right now, I'm not ready to make any conclusions or even speculate. Also seems there was similar speculation about Jonathan Foster and that didn't pan out either. I know immediate family is first on the rule-out list, but it doesn't always turn out to be them. :cow:

I don't think there is enough information out there to even conclude who could have done this if Celina's death is a homicide. It could be a creepy neighborhood boy for all we know or anyone else for all we know.

I don't have a clue who did this to Celina...but I speculate only that if it is a homicide it was someone Celina knew. Now who that could be is unknown at this time and my speculation is just that......speculation, imo.

IMO

I agree this may be the case...but having a 10 year old and an 11 year old (and an 8 year old) and living in a small town (albeit not rural and surrounded by other larger burbs and cities) I would panic if my child was not in the house in the morning...I would check to see if one of the dogs was missing (i.e. they were taking it out) but otherwise I would never expect one of them to leave the house without telling me- especially first thing in the morning when they haven't checked in with me yet...

I would panic as well. However, being as this is the stepfather and possibly may have only been living with Celina for less than a year, based on when it is believed that he and Celina's mother got married, his panic instinct may not have kicked in. Yeah, it is believed he has older children, but have those children lived with him? I had a HUGE learning curve when my stepkids first started staying the nights with us, even the 1st couple of years.

Also, another thought, maybe knowing that Celina preferred to sleep on the couch and did not like to sleep in the room by herself when her sister was away, maybe he expected her to be sleeping on the couch and when she wasn't, went down to her room to check on her.

tumblr_kusbmexDBf1qaz0huo1_500.jpg

I had been looking at beautiful little Celina's face and it finally dawned on me who she would look like when she grew up.

I see a resemblence.
And I think of a young Angelina Jolie, when I see the photo of Celina in her baseball cap.

I would panic as well. However, being as this is the stepfather and possibly may have only been living with Celina for less than a year, based on when it is believed that he and Celina's mother got married, his panic instinct may not have kicked in. Yeah, it is believed he has older children, but have those children lived with him? I had a HUGE learning curve when my stepkids first started staying the nights with us, even the 1st couple of years.

Also, another thought, maybe knowing that Celina preferred to sleep on the couch and did not like to sleep in the room by herself when her sister was away, maybe he expected her to be sleeping on the couch and when she wasn't, went down to her room to check on her.

She could have just gone outside and someone at the restaurant could have seen her and forced her into a vehicle. Is there a road that leads to the edge of the river where they found her? I thought also that I had read that they found evidence that led them to that river and area. I think for some reason they found articles of clothing, but I may be wrong. tia

I agree about the changing shirts thing. But what was released? All I heard was a report that he was hospitalized, because they saw him leave in an ambulance and go into the hospital, and a report that he was released, since he came back home.

Other info about his earlier mental health diagnosis was public because it was associated with a crime/the court process.

I didn't see them releasing anyone else's health records. Not sure at all if it is okay to release health records even in a crime process unless he is a suspect, etc. I just know that the minute that hit the news he became the suspected person by everyone except it seems the people who know him. jmo

I don't think there is enough information out there to even concluded who could have done this if Celina's death is a homicide. It could be a creepy neighborhood boy for all we know or anyone else for all we know.

I don't have a clue who did this to Celina...but I speculate only that if it is a homicide it was someone Celina knew. Now who that could be is unknown at this time and my speculation is just that......speculation, imo.

IMO

I think it is likely someone she knew as well, but that could be any number of people. I believe I read that they live in a multiple dwelling unit, and someone please straighten me out if that is incorrect. I saw a local reporter on HLN last night pointing out that although it is a small town, a major highway is close by - and it is not off the beaten track or hard to find. I just feel obligated to consider the family victims at this point, and not jump to conclusions about people I know almost nothing about. imo

What was a helicopter used for? First time I heard this.

Celina's body was recovered from the river with a black hawk helicopter. A regular police helicopter was rumored to offered to help but was turned down in favor of waiting for the black hawk.

The photo in the above quoted, linked post is a linked photo of the recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro