Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the "get your butt home" statement:

I agree that it seems like an odd phrase to use in this situation (as someone said, when an entire police force and member of the FBI are looking for your child). However:

I remember once I let my daughter go with her friend for the first time walking around alone at the mall, while her friend's mom and I shopped. At some point I could not get a hold of my daughter on her phone and, after about 1/2 an hour, started to internally panic. Outwardly, though, it was expressed as anger. (I think I even told the other mom that when I found her I was gong to strangle her....lol.) I think the anger keeps the panic at bay....and you want to believe it's your kid's "fault" and not that something happened to them. IMO.

I have been thinking...these words mean nothing. Just because I think I wouldn't say this ...I truly do not know what I would say. Seriously , I have a nine year old son who has (recently) went out before I got up. This is through three locks. I flipped out. Up until Celina, I locked the screen only. Recently, I have locked all doors and now make him sleep in his room (instead of the summer treat of the couch). Two days ago I got up and he was gone. My stomach dropped, I shook, I do not know WHAT I thought had happened. We have a cow bell to ring for him to come home. I probably sounded like a nut ringing and ringing. Needless to say when he walked home (no care in the world) I lit into him. So, in retrospect and the language I chose right then to use.....I have no idea what I would say when angry, scared, and panic has set in.

I've tried to keep up with the posts in this thread, so forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

Does anyone else find the description of what she was last seen wearing odd? "a pink shirt, a pink pullover, blue shorts and shoes. "bbm

I just find it odd that they would say shoes and not sneakers or flip flops, something more descriptive.. also my kids ( around her age) don't usually have shoes on at that time of night, unless they are going somewhere.... Just seems kinda strange

~MOO

I have not found it odd that she was in shoes, if that is true. Reason being, it isn't as warm up there. The low for that day was in the 40s, so her feet may have been cold. They didn't say what kind of shoes, tho I have heard rumor of sneakers, but they could have been some sort of slippers. In addition, we have no idea of the condition of the floors in the home. Could be hardwood, could be tile, could be very dirty carpet. I have 3 small children, and therefore, dirty carpet I refuse to replace before they are old enough to stop spilling things and learn to wipe their feet. I steam clean very regularly, but without fail the minute I am finished, someone does something to make my work feel as though it was for nothing. Myself and their dad both wear shoes until we go to bed, so our socks don't get stained and dirty.

ETA: I do find it odd that we can't get a description on the shoes. But now that they have found her, I don't much care. They know if she had shoes on *when they found her and I have faith in them.

I understand the mother not speaking to the media if she was advised against it by FBI or any LE agency. But, watching her en route to the command center with a blanket over her head was a very strange sight to me. "Don't talk" is one thing. Hiding under a blanket is something I don't understand and have never seen from the parent of a missing child. IIRC, I've only seen suspects and people under arrest do it. Wonder if mom is painfully shy? Still curious as to that odd, imo, behavior.

I have not found it odd that she was in shoes, if that is true. Reason being, it isn't as warm up there. The low for that day was in the 40s, so her feet may have been cold. They didn't say what kind of shoes, tho I have heard rumor of sneakers, but they could have been some sort of slippers. In addition, we have no idea of the condition of the floors in the home. Could be hardwood, could be tile, could be very dirty carpet. I have 3 small children, and therefore, dirty carpet I refuse to replace before they are old enough to stop spilling things and learn to wipe their feet. I steam clean very regularly, but without fail the minute I am finished, someone does something to make my work feel as though it was for nothing. Myself and their dad both wear shoes until we go to bed, so our socks don't get stained and dirty.

ETA: I do find it odd that we can't get a description on the shoes.

I find it odd the description is just "shoes". I am living in flip flops until it snows. My son however NEVER has on his shoes in the house. (By his choice) I personally cant stand the feeling so ALWAYS have on flip flops. This shoe thing has come up more than once...Almost like it is an after thought. "You know...shoes" IMO this comment is lacking info. Like what kind of shoes. But what does it mean?

I understand the mother not speaking to the media if she was advised against it by FBI or any LE agency. But, watching her en route to the command center with a blanket over her head was a very strange sight to me. "Don't talk" is one thing. Hiding under a blanket is something I don't understand and have never seen from the parent of a missing child. IIRC, I've only seen suspects and people under arrest do it. Wonder if mom is painfully shy? Still curious as to that odd, imo, behavior.

I am wondering how much that blanket was because of something WN said or asked to happen. When he was taken to the hospital the other day after his....episode in the driveway, when they took him out of the ambulance the EMT held the sheet up so the cameras couldn't see him and kept it held up while they wheeled him in.

I have been thinking...these words mean nothing. Just because I think I wouldn't say this ...I truly do not know what I would say. Seriously , I have a nine year old son who has (recently) went out before I got up. This is through three locks. I flipped out. Up until Celina, I locked the screen only. Recently, I have locked all doors and now make him sleep in his room (instead of the summer treat of the couch). Two days ago I got up and he was gone. My stomach dropped, I shook, I do not know WHAT I thought had happened. We have a cow bell to ring for him to come home. I probably sounded like a nut ringing and ringing. Needless to say when he walked home (no care in the world) I lit into him. So, in retrospect and the language I chose right then to use.....I have no idea what I would say when angry, scared, and panic has set in.

OMG, my stomach was in knots just reading your post. I would have had a heart attack before I could have even rung the bell!!! Yes...this is exactly it. It may have been a suspicious "cover my tracks" comment on the part of the SF -- or it could have been said to hopefully make light of a situation in which he prayed that she had just run off. (And I thank God every time I am on this site that I don't know what I'd do in this situation.)

AG doesn't want to release COD. Ok....then why keep teasing with statements like, "COD will be released later today"? Setting up a presser....then, oooopsy....can't tell you COD. :waitasec:

Did Celina die of natural causes? Suicide? And, someone decided to make it look like a murder?? :innocent:

I find it odd the description is just "shoes". I am living in flip flops until it snows. My son however NEVER has on his shoes in the house. (By his choice) I personally cant stand the feeling so ALWAYS have on flip flops. This shoe thing has come up more than once...Almost like it is an after thought. "You know...shoes" IMO this comment is lacking info. Like what kind of shoes. But what does it mean?

It may depend on who gave this description. I mean, if it was the SF, could he have been simply adding shoes in the statement as an addition to the outfit? He assumed, since she was dressed, she had shoes on? This would also explain why there is not a better description of the kind of shoes. IDK. It just sounds like something my husband would do if asked to describe, at any given moment, what my daughter is wearing...lol.

BBM
I wish I knew...if I did I would gladly tell you all. If I were stressed out about my child being missing, I may not be able to remember what shoes they had on. Might not even be able to tell you what they were wearing. When things are not out of the ordinary, I seem to have an issue with attention to detail. Probably hard to believe at this point, especially being a CJ/Forensics major, but it is just how I am. When out and about I see and notice everything. My kids think I have eyes in the back of my head. When researching for here, I not only notice everything, but I also understand, minoring in Paralegal Studies, how it is all a word game and I pay close attention to the way people word things. Sometimes things don't even set the hinky meter off right away, but I have stored every word in my brain and something from article/statement 5 might make the hinky meter go off on something I read in statement/article 1. But when I am in my home, I am comfortable and give my brain a rest and don't pay attention to details until my kids actually walk out of the door. As they are walking out the door, even into the backyard I make mental note of everything again.

AG doesn't want to release COD. Ok....then why keep teasing with statements like, "COD will be released later today"? Setting up a presser....then, oooopsy....can't tell you COD. :waitasec:

Did Celina die of natural causes? Suicide? And, someone decided to make it look like a murder?? :innocent:

Maybe all of these statements are less for the public and more to see how different people react to them. Like, saying that the cause of death would be released later, to make someone think that they know (which I believe they do) to see if anyone starts acting strangely. Then say COD pending, so that they get comfortable again. I don't believe that they intend to play mind games with the public, but with the perp, I would not put it past them. The more stress they can put on them the better, but at the same time, comfort could cause a slip as well. Kind of like a good cop bad cop scenario of making them stressed and then making them comfortable. Trying to break who ever it is, maybe.

BBM
I wish I knew...if I did I would gladly tell you all. If I were stressed out about my child being missing, I may not be able to remember what shoes they had on. Might not even be able to tell you what they were wearing. When things are not out of the ordinary, I seem to have an issue with attention to detail. Probably hard to believe at this point, especially being a CJ/Forensics major, but it is just how I am. When out and about I see and notice everything. My kids think I have eyes in the back of my head. When researching for here, I not only notice everything, but I also understand, minoring in Paralegal Studies, how it is all a word game and I pay close attention to the way people word things. Sometimes things don't even set the hinky meter off right away, but I have stored every word in my brain and something from article/statement 5 might make the hinky meter go off on something I read in statement/article 1. But when I am in my home, I am comfortable and give my brain a rest and don't pay attention to details until my kids actually walk out of the door. As they are walking out the door, even into the backyard I make mental note of everything again.

I agree . I kind of find it hard to believe that the SF had that amount of detail on what she was wearing to begin with. JMO but the child was on the computer, sitting in her house, at 9 pm and the SF remembers colors, clothes etc! That sets of my hinkey meter. I think women or moms are almost trained to look and look again at what their kids are wearing. Many times we are the ones to "choose" the particular clothing. Maybe I am wrong but the detail seemed like alot from 1. a man 2. a SF and 3. Just hanging at home. JMO

I agree . I kind of find it hard to believe that the SF had that amount of detail on what she was wearing to begin with. JMO but the child was on the computer, sitting in her house, at 9 pm and the SF remembers colors, clothes etc! That sets of my hinkey meter. I think women or moms are almost trained to look and look again at what their kids are wearing. Many times we are the ones to "choose" the particular clothing. Maybe I am wrong but the detail seemed like alot from 1. a man 2. a SF and 3. Just hanging at home. JMO

Seems like the SF can't win - if he didn't give a detailed description, people would suspect him (whether he had actually seen her, whether he was negligent, etc.). He does give a fairly detailed description, and he's still suspected.

Seems like the SF can't win - if he didn't give a detailed description, people would suspect him (whether he had actually seen her, whether he was negligent, etc.). He does give a fairly detailed description, and he's still suspected.

OH my you are right. :banghead:

I wasn't going to say this, because my money isn't on the stepdad yet, but now that you have said it, we are totally on the same page. I often wonder when kids are snatched out of the home how anyone remembers what they were wearing at all. With my three running around here, it is hard for me to remember what everyone is wearing if they haven't left the house. But I remember what my daughter was wearing because I picked out her outfit and helped her get dressed. My boys dress themselves now, so I don't have that much interaction (for lack of a better term) with the clothes they have on at the moment. Mine are in the next room and if someone asked at this moment what my oldest is wearing, I can honestly say I have no clue.

I have a hard time believing that WN picked out and helped dress 11 year old Celina that night. I would love to know if she was wearing what he claimed she was wearing. If so, I think that would set off my hinky meter. Especially if she has the shirt he described on under that pullover.

Now THAT I find odd (that he remembers that much detail.) It reminds me of George Anthony remembering exactly what Casey AND Caylee were wearing, retrospectively, 31 days before. Okay, maybe George's was weirder. :waitasec:

Anyway, my kids pick their own clothes/dress themselves, and I saw them off to school this morning, and I'm only 100% certain on which shorts my daughter wore. Shoes and shirt .... meh. 50% sure. I know my son's shirt and shorts didn't MATCH this morning, cause I commented on it to him, but the best I could say is "probably gray basketball shorts and God I hope he changed his shirt before he left. I'm only 100% on his shoes, lol.

If it makes you feel any better, I just find it odd that he would have such a complete description, because I wouldn't, myself. And as of this moment, my money is not on him. I have only seen one complete and total rumor that points any fingers at him being involved in any way and I don't give it much weight because the time of the actions and the actions themselves seem to be the kind of thing that I don't think anyone would be able to know and I question the source of the information. At this point, my money is elsewhere, but if I were a detective and only had the information I have now, I would not be able to arrest anyone in good conscience.

ETA: I don't only question the source that stated the rumor, but I also question any source in the house being able to say what was said.

Well, it is summer - Celina may have been wearing that same outfit all day. If he'd seen her throughout the day, rather than just at 9 PM, it's not surprising he can remember general colors, but not specifics like type of shoe. I didn't find his description overly descriptive, but that's just my perception.

It does seem unusual. I'm wondering if she did it exactly because she's seen people (either on TV or in person) dealing with legal issues do it when there was media around. Sort of like, this is what people do when they're being filmed dealing with the law, and this is what I should do too? I'm not sure that makes sense, but I'm wondering if it's a result of observing other people's actions, and nothing to do with any sense of personal guilt. Or, someone could have suggested it to her, thinking along those same lines.

I think the whole thing about having to wait for toxicology is a technicality that LE has chosen for an excuse to avoid releasing information. However, they could be more honest and just say they are not releasing information because it might jeopardize the investigation.

Not that I am suggesting that this is the case but, I think the technicality might be that one could have been put in the river after being bludgeoned and yet still alive. In this case, technically the COD would be drowning. It would take toxicology reports to show that. While that would be mostly irrelevant to the crime, it is the excuse LE chooses to use for not releasing more information.

Well, it is summer - Celina may have been wearing that same outfit all day. If he'd seen her throughout the day, rather than just at 9 PM, it's not surprising he can remember general colors, but not specifics like type of shoe. I didn't find his description overly descriptive, but that's just my perception.

I thought it was the mother that saw her in her bedroom on the computer. Did I get that wrong? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway