Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bstnh, that's what I've read too. Both AL and his father have made statements that they had little contact with the girls in the last year or two because LN would say they were too busy or weren't home. To me that just means, they were getting older and had scheduled activities and he would call spur-of-the-moment.

According to today's NH Union Leader,

"Last month, Laro visited his two daughters, Kayla, 13, and Celina,
at their home.

Laro said he and Louisa, who never married, have remained
amicable; she, for example, brought his daughters to visit him
in the hospital when he was in a coma."

AL said that he had lived out of the area for 10 years but would return to visit his daughters. He reiterated that he never had any concerns about them living with WN. But, he said, “In hindsight, I feel like I should have spent more time with the girls.”

http://www.newhampshire.com/article/20110804/NEWS03/708049971/0/newhampshire03

AL is also quoted as saying his father and 2 FBI agents came to tell him his daughter's body had been discovered. In prior interviews, he said he gotten a call from the FBI.

All this is neither here nor there, except that I don't think Celina's father was involved in her life. His comments about her home life have changed from happy to strange and back to unconcerned. So I am not putting much stock in anything he says. I have sympathy for him on the loss of his daughter. But my heart aches for those who chose to be part of her day-to-day life.

I think he said earlier that he found out his daughter was missing via a phone call from the FBI. In other interviews he said he did not have contact on the phone with his Celina's mothers since the girl disappeared and he didn't know if he would call her or his daughter since his doctor did not want him to have stress.

Could the command center be shutting down because school is getting ready to start and teachers need access to the building? Is the cc moving elsewhere?

I tend to think of command centers being in place while a search for a missing person is ongoing, not really once they're located and it turns into more of a police investigation than a search.

But maybe that's just me.

I wanted to just add my 2 cents about rent costs. We live in MA and VT (in VT right now) very close to stewartstown. Rent is pretty cheap around here. I find this to be helpful. If you click the link it has lots of info about the town :)

Rent paid by renters in 2009 in Stewartstown:

Less than $100: 1 people
$100 to $149: 1
$150 to $199: 1
$200 to $249: 3
$250 to $299: 4
$300 to $349: 10
$350 to $399: 11
$400 to $449: 10
$450 to $499: 5
$500 to $549: 7
$550 to $599: 6
$600 to $649: 3
$650 to $699: 3
$700 to $749: 2
$750 to $799: 0
$800 to $899: 0
$900 to $999: 0
$1,000 to $1,249: 0
$1,250 to $1,499: 0
$1,500 to $1,999: 2
$2,000 or more: 0
No cash rent: 15

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/housing/houses-Stewartstown-New-Hampshire.html#ixzz1U5oaJUNl

Thanks, bstnh1, I was interrupted when I was posting. After I finished and went back to pick up where I left off, I saw your post.

BTW, KM is from southern NH, but not my neck of the woods. He grew up in Northwood.

Any sources for info on him would be greatly appreciated! I know I'm officially :fence: but I have to say I'm kinda routing for KM to come out innocent.

I wanted to just add my 2 cents about rent costs. We live in MA and VT (in VT right now) very close to stewartstown. Rent is pretty cheap around here. I find this to be helpful. If you click the link it has lots of info about the town :)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/housing/houses-Stewartstown-New-Hampshire.html#ixzz1U5oaJUNl

Hi Danyl,

Thanks and welcome to WS. I figured the rent was very cheap up there as not much work to pay it with.

Hi Danyl,

Thanks and welcome to WS. I figured the rent was very cheap up there as not much work to pay it with.

It has been a while since I was in NH, but when I was there it stood out to me that there is no sales tax. Is it still that way. It certainly does make a difference I think. jmo

Hi Danyl,

Yes. I was just surprised to see a few pages back that someone said rent in a similar location was averaged out around 1k :waitasec:

It has been a while since I was in NH, but when I was there it stood out to me that there is no sales tax. Is it still that way. It certainly does make a difference I think. jmo

Sales Tax??? What's that???
I just spent a few days in Maine & had to pay sales tax...highway robbery that's what it is!
Heard on the radio that MA is having their no sales tax weekend soon...crazy stuff. Of course we have to pay $1.oo to go thru the tolls (.50 or .75 to exit to a toll town).

KM was found guilty of theft and burglary, NOT robbery. I just want people to be clear about the difference, as robbery, IMHO is a much more worrisome charge. I did not mean to make light of his charges, but certainly, he hasn't a record of any violent crime.

In criminal law, theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent.
Theft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Burglary (also called breaking and entering[1] and sometimes housebreaking)[2] is a crime, the essence of which is illicit entry into a building for the purposes of committing an offense.
Burglary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robbery is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force and/or by putting the victim in fear. At common law, robbery is defined as taking the property of another, with the intent to permanently deprive the person of that property, by means of force or fear.[1] Precise definitions of the offence may vary between jurisdictions. Robbery differs from simple theft in its use of violence and intimidation.
Robbery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I was about 12 I begged my parents to let me have my own room in the basement of our older house, as I shared a BR with my sister at the time. We had a good-sized basement and only the front part of it was semi-finished, with built-in bookcases and everything. Instead they wanted it as a sort of rec room, but I really would have loved to have it for my own and I don't remember any objections that it wasn't appropriate for a kid--just that they wanted the pool table and other things down there instead. I still spent a lot of time down there. And it was so nice and cool in the summer.

And several other people in our neighborhood had bedrooms in their finished or semi-finished basements back then. Sometimes they were the kids' rooms, sometimes it was a 'summer' bedroom where the adults would sleep when it was too hot upstairs. Most of the homes in our older neighborhood didn't have a/c then.

So no, I can't make any judgments about the girls sleeping in the basement.

Was there a 23 yr old family friend, recently released from prison staying in your home at the time? Did you have a SF with mental issues, with a violent history which included attacking a girlfriend in her sleep? Because if so, then your sleeping in the basement might not have been the best option.

At 15, our daughter moved into our 'detached garage/family room' and made it like her own lil apartment. technically she lived in another building from us.
[ although she did have to come inside often for thew bathroom and kitchen facilities.]

If we had a male boarder living with us I would not have let her 'move outside.' And if we didn't have our psycho German Shepherd no way.

So I understand the urge a kid has to get away from the parents and have some space. But Celina was only 11, and there were dangers surrounding her.

OH Dear...:banghead:

From the link above: "Laro grew up in Nashua and moved north to Columbia with his parents when he was 14. He returned south and worked construction in Massachusetts, then came north,

where he met Louisa and had two daughters.

He moved south about 10 years ago, returning often to visit them."

So who is ALjr's mother & why is he in photos with Louisa & Wendell...
and other photos with Adam Laro Sr?

I'm not seeing a problem here. AL moves up north, makes a baby with one lady and then a couple with Celina's mom. The reporter would not need to report on the facts of AL Jr's maternity as it may not be pertinent to this case. I think AL Jr.'s mom is different than Celina's. What was reported doesn't contradict that possibility. And why would he be there with his step mom and WN? Why wouldn't he be? Celina is his sister. If I was him, I would want to be there, sharing grief, talking, finding out what's happening.

The Baily Funeral Home announcement says: (SBM, BBM)

".... Family members include her mother of West Stewartstown and
her father of Columbia, her step-father Wendell Noyes of West Stewartstown;
a sister Kayla Laro of W. Stewartstown, her brother Adam Laro of Canaan, VT....."

So... to me, from photos & comments, it looks like he is Louisa's son, too.
But the wording of AL's comment seems as though he just had the girls with Louisa.

Half brothers are reported as "brothers" as well. Nothing in the funeral home announcement allows for a definitive conclusion that her brother Adam had the same mom as she did.

here's a photo - looks like a haunted house to me -the outside is not finished so why would the basement be?
">

I never seen this picture before you posted it. I would have to say that were the investigators are in the yard is in front of a covered stairwell that leads to the basement or cellar. With an exit like this directly to the outside of the house from the basement it would be easy for an intruder to enter the basement without anyone knowing upstairs and also easy for someone to remove Celina's body from the house without anyone knowing also. A pickup or vehicle could have been parked close by to put her body in and she would not have had to been carried very far at all.

The Google street view map shows a door at this stairwell entrance that is closed and also if you look closely you can see a red pickup parked close to the house in the parking lot or driveway. There is also a red pickup that is parked behind a delivery truck in the restaurant parking lot next door. I'm not sure when the Google maps were made, so I don't know if the red pickup by the house might of been KM's truck or not. Judging from the leaves on the trees in the Google map the photo was made in the fall. I know in one of the photos or video's I seen of investigators looking at the shirt in the back of the red truck before the truck was taken away, the red truck was parked on this same side of the house. Almost directly to the right of where the investigators are standing in the yard in the photo posted by DeeMarie. If anyone has a picture of the investigators inspecting the truck and shirt please post it.

Zoom in for a better look

West Stewartstown - Google Maps

No sales OR income tax.

Delaware has no sales tax, AND a Costco right off I-95 :lol:

:wagon::Welcome1::wagon:

Sales Tax??? What's that???
I just spent a few days in Maine & had to pay sales tax...highway robbery that's what it is!
Heard on the radio that MA is having their no sales tax weekend soon...crazy stuff. Of course we have to pay $1.oo to go thru the tolls (.50 or .75 to exit to a toll town).

We have the same toll on some roads. I know I went in a store and bought a newspaper, six pack of beer, and a cadbury candy and it was only like 6.00. Here in Dallas it would have been close to 10.00. Was hoping to move there but job deal fell through. I love it there. Especially the old 'creepy' houses. lol

I never seen this picture before you posted it. I would have to say that were the investigators are in the yard is in front of a covered stairwell that leads to the basement or cellar. With an exit like this directly to the outside of the house from the basement it would be easy for an intruder to enter the basement without anyone knowing upstairs and also easy for someone to remove Celina's body from the house without anyone knowing also. A pickup or vehicle could have been parked close by to put her body in and she would not have had to been carried very far at all.

The Google street view map shows a door at this stairwell entrance that is closed and also if you look closely you can see a red pickup parked close to the house in the parking lot or driveway. There is also a red pickup that is parked behind a delivery truck in the restaurant parking lot next door. I'm not sure when the Google maps were made, so I don't know if the red pickup by the house might of been KM's truck or not. I know in one of the photos or video's I seen of investigators looking at the shirt in the back of the red truck before the truck was taken away, the red truck was parked on this same side of the house. Almost directly to the right of where the investigators are standing in the yard in the photo posted by DeeMarie. If anyone has a picture of the investigators inspecting the truck and shirt please post it.

Zoom in for a better look

West Stewartstown - Google Maps

I think this is the South side of the house. In a link posted awhile ago (yesterday perhaps), it was id'ed as the North side of the house that CC lived in. I doubt that the entrance on the south side would lead all the way to the north side basement, as it appears as if this house has always been an attached twin, and then later subdivided into even more apt style dwellings.

Wow. I was not aware of this. So, you're saying that the SF was on FB posting to random chicas after he went to awaken Celina and found she was not there? That is very bizarre.

What is your source for that info? The latest post I can find on his Facebook page was on 7/18 at 10:29 am, a full week before Celina went missing. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214