Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
??? not that I would ever consider moving, but what is so interesting about Cook County Chicago? Will have to google it to understand your post.

Sorry I got us off topic... but sales tax in Cook Co. is 10.25% (the highest in the country for all major cities). While tolls have a large range, I've seen them as high as $2 for cars (and much more for trucks). I was home visiting my parents last weekend, and they were complaining that there was going to be another toll hike in the near future. Aigh. Then, they also have some of the highest gas prices, still more than $4/gal....

Anyhow, sorry for that diversion, back on track! :)

What is your source for that info? The latest post I can find on his Facebook page was on 7/18 at 10:29 am, a full week before Celina went missing. Thanks.

HRcodePink isn't here right now, but the post was there, made at 9:11 AM on a woman's site telling her he lived in Canaan VT and subsequently deleted. There was a lot of bad press about his FB account, so I think he got smart and at least cleaned that up. Or, since his friend count has been declining since CC went missing, it's possible that the friend it was posted to deleted him as a friend.
A lot of us saw it, and if you go back and read some of the early threads, there is plenty of discussion on it.

:welcome:

Very nice first post. It makes me feel better hearing that. I like to think that CC had a very nice life up until the tragedy. I want to believe that anyway.

I, too, was relieved to see she had braces. If there was regular dental care, the children probably saw a physician regularly, as well. I guess I'm in the camp that is just hoping that CC was not abused. It's tragic enough that she's gone, but to think that she suffered for an extended period of time before her demise is too much.

Sorry I got us off topic... but sales tax in Cook Co. is 10.25% (the highest in the country for all major cities). While tolls have a large range, I've seen them as high as $2 for cars (and much more for trucks). I was home visiting my parents last weekend, and they were complaining that there was going to be another toll hike in the near future. Aigh. Then, they also have some of the highest gas prices, still more than $4/gal....

Anyhow, sorry for that diversion, back on track! :)

Yikes!!!
k, back on track O_0

That's interesting. I've checked hos page at least once a day and never saw any comments on any of his posts. I wonder if HE deleted it???? I doubt he has the "home" computer back from the police.

I saw the post and read some of the comments, last i saw it was over 148 comments. He had commented on a woman's wall and so all the comments were on her wall, i believe she deleted it and him.

Celina was last seen around 9 p.m. July 25. Debbie Baglio, who lives steps from Celina’s home, told the Herald yesterday she called police to report Celina missing the next morning after Celina’s older sister, Kayla, 13, came knocking to ask whether she’d seen the girl.

Baglio said she rushed to Celina’s home to find that the family had not reported the disappearance.

“I don’t know why they didn’t,” said Baglio, who has three daughters about Celina’s age. Celina’s mother, Louisa Noyes, “was hysterical” over the girl’s disappearance, Baglio said.

“I barely got out of her that they hadn’t seen her since 9 o’clock,” she said.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...stice_celina_cass_murder/srvc=home&position=4

So, let's see...
The children were kept from seeing bio dad over the past 2 or so years
The morning of the disappearance, a NEIGHBOR had to call authorities
The mother was SO emotional she couldn't even speak (although Celina could have ventured to a friends house and been missing only an hour or 2)
Neither the SF or the bio mom went on TV to beg for the daughter's return but...
Bio dad who JUST came out of a medically induced coma and against doctor's advice went on TV to beg for info for his daughter he hadn't seen in a year or 2.
When asked how the family was doing (prior to the body being found), SF said they were grieving.

Tells ME everything I need to know.

that's actually a pretty nice house....some of you would probably be appalled of you saw what some of my kin live in, in the mountains of east Tn & Va & Ky...:(

oh my gosh, i'm so sorry about your dad, thats horrible...I have heard that brain tumors can cause things like abnormal behaviour and anger issues...how sad....(hugs)

It's very true, especially if the tumor is in the frontal lobe which controls your impulses for example...

We had a family friend who was having a difficult time... so my cousin, her new husband (young baby at home) and the sister in law decided to take him out to cheer him up. These were 3 young people... late teens to early twenties.

They went hiking. My cousin got tired, she wasn't quite in shape from having the baby. So she decided to head back to the car to wait.
The sister in law went with her.

A little while later the family friend said he was tired as well and headed back. The husband finished the hike.
When he returned to the car they were all gone.

The family friend murdered both young women. There was no sexual assault, it was a bizarre crime with no real motive.

It was also 3 years before and completely related to my other cousin's rape/murder which remains unsolved.

The family friend had a brain tumor in the frontal lobe... he died a few years later after being deemed incompetent.
Everyone agrees the murders never would have occurred without the brain tumor.

I always wonder in cases where people say "He has NEVER been violent before, I don't understand?!" I think that should be the FIRST thing a defense team does. They evaluate for psychological issues, they should be looking for physical ones as well.

Perhaps we will have an arrest soon?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne..._cops_leave_school_where_girl_search_was_run/

Authorities were shutting down the elementary school command station that was once teeming with investigators searching for a missing 11-year-old girl.

The investigation into Celina's death is "ongoing and active," Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said Thursday.

"We went back yesterday based on additional information developed since finding Celina,"
Young said. She would not comment on whether her office had obtained and executed any other search warrants.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne...h_cops_leave_school_where_girl_search_was_run

I do think they are just moving the command center, because school will be starting soon.

However, I also think we are not far from an arrest. :seeya:

I think this is the South side of the house. In a link posted awhile ago (yesterday perhaps), it was id'ed as the North side of the house that CC lived in. I doubt that the entrance on the south side would lead all the way to the north side basement, as it appears as if this house has always been an attached twin, and then later subdivided into even more apt style dwellings.

Actually this stairwell in on the north side of the house. The house is also on the west side of the street or US Highway 3 just in case you didn't know. If you have a link to where it was stated that the family lived in the north side of the house I would be very interested in seeing that. That would mean that this stairwell would most likely lead to the basement on the side the Cass family rented. You can zoom out in the map I posted in my earlier post and clearly see which way is north.

Without knowing the floor plan of the house and the basement it is anyone's guess as to if the basement is sectioned off. But one thing I do know is from the photo it sure looks like the investigators are examining the area near the stairwell pretty closely. For three or four investigators to be examining a stairwell or area near it that was not accessible to where Celina was in the house would not make much sense to me.

Without having more information, such as the condition of the cellar, the floorplan of the home, or the hours that their guest kept, such statements are a bit silly.

Placing the girls in the basement, assuming it was not some dungeon, might have been a great choice. Certainly it would give them more privacy, and if their adult guest worked or partied in the evenings his coming and going would not disturb them. You simply have no way to know.

Further, at this point I would suggest you question everything the bio father might say. His statements have been all over the map, they are totally unverified, and he clearly has an axe to grind.

I'm not sure anyone is saying they should or could have predicted this...and I certainly take what bio-dad has to say with a grain of salt.

But I don't think this was a great choice whether or not it had anything to do with CC's death...If he was in the basement they would have as much privacy as before...and if he worked or partied in the evenings and was in the basement, that also to me would give them more privacy than him doing it in the "house proper"...and if there is an outside exit, as there appears to have been, he could have come and gone giving himself more privacy which it would seem a 23 year old would prefer...

Just don't think this was a great choice under any circumstances taking into account the ages and relationships (or lack thereof) of the children...if he was not there, I would have a whole other perspective on them in the basement, but he was.

I don't see a lot of harsh judging going on. Just concern and speculation based on media reports.

I think the sleeping arrangements matter a lot. The closer the kids are to mom, the more she can hear. Sure, it's not foolproof but it's much better. If all we are hearing is true, the welfare of these girls may have been considered by the parents very casually.

If Celina was known to sleep on the couch when her sister wasnt there that tends to show me she was afraid to sleep by herself in the basement.

imo

that's actually a pretty nice house....some of you would probably be appalled of you saw what some of my kin live in, in the mountains of east Tn & Va & Ky...:(

That's funny. My son lives in middle TN in a very nice home in the mountains. But some of his relatives by marriage live in places only imagined or seen in movies. But, they are all good folk. jmo

I'm sure their houses are very nice and cozy. :) It's all relative. (no pun intended!)

But one thing I do know is from the photo it sure looks like the investigators are examining the area near the stairwell pretty closely. For three or four investigators to be examining a stairwell or area near it that was not accessible to where Celina was in the house would not make much sense to me.
--------------------

Please post that photo again. Thanks.

If Celina was known to sleep on the couch when her sister wasnt there that tends to show me she was afraid to sleep by herself in the basement.

imo

I understand that her aunt suggested this...My question, again, is: was she afraid because of the basement being creepy, or because of something that my have happened to her in the basement when the sister wasn't there? Either way...no basement for my kids with an unrelated, adult male in the home and me not directly in front of the basement door!

Actually this stairwell in on the north side of the house. The house is also on the west side of the street or US Highway 3 just in case you didn't know. If you have a link to where it was stated that the family lived in the north side of the house I would be very interested in seeing that. That would mean that this stairwell would most likely lead to the basement on the side the Cass family rented. You can zoom out in the map I posted in my earlier post and clearly see which way is north.

Without knowing the floor plan of the house and the basement it is anyone's guess as to if the basement is sectioned off. But one thing I do know is from the photo it sure looks like the investigators are examining the area near the stairwell pretty closely. For three or four investigators to be examining a stairwell or area near it that was not accessible to where Celina was in the house would not make much sense to me.

ahhh... my mistake did think it was on the east side of the street. I'll try to find the link for you, when I do I'll post it and PM you. I don't think it's going to be soon as I haven't been keeping myself organized!!

eta: it wasn't hard t find, Search is my friend!
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011; Located 1 Aug 2011 - #5
this contains the link as well as some photos

eta again: actually the link says south side. argh, I don't mean to confuse everything - just that I remembered she lived on the OTHER side than the photo you looked at

The house I grew up in makes that one look like barbies dream mansion.

LOL .. We had an outhouse. But I decided at 10, never to use it again and would go to Stonewall jackson shrine and use their bathroom forever. So I claimed it as my own and would walk over and use the potty play in the water brush my teeth use wash my hair (we had indoor water but I loved that bathroom ) It was supposed to be locked at night but never was. I would sneak in the hedges and gain entry hiding from the park ranger guy who lived in a house 100 yds away from my bathroom.

Without having more information, such as the condition of the cellar, the floorplan of the home, or the hours that their guest kept, such statements are a bit silly.

Placing the girls in the basement, assuming it was not some dungeon, might have been a great choice. Certainly it would give them more privacy, and if their adult guest worked or partied in the evenings his coming and going would not disturb them. You simply have no way to know.

Further, at this point I would suggest you question everything the bio father might say. His statements have been all over the map, they are totally unverified, and he clearly has an axe to grind.

I'd have an axe to grind too. His daughter has been killed. She was in the care of her mother and step-father when she disappeared. My axe would be so huge, it would not fit through the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo