Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celina was last seen around 9 p.m. July 25. Debbie Baglio, who lives steps from Celina’s home, told the Herald yesterday she called police to report Celina missing the next morning after Celina’s older sister, Kayla, 13, came knocking to ask whether she’d seen the girl.

Baglio said she rushed to Celina’s home to find that the family had not reported the disappearance.

“I don’t know why they didn’t,” said Baglio, who has three daughters about Celina’s age. Celina’s mother, Louisa Noyes, “was hysterical” over the girl’s disappearance, Baglio said.

“I barely got out of her that they hadn’t seen her since 9 o’clock,” she said.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/re...stice_celina_cass_murder/srvc=home&position=4

So, let's see...
The children were kept from seeing bio dad over the past 2 or so years
The morning of the disappearance, a NEIGHBOR had to call authorities
The mother was SO emotional she couldn't even speak (although Celina could have ventured to a friends house and been missing only an hour or 2)
Neither the SF or the bio mom went on TV to beg for the daughter's return but...
Bio dad who JUST came out of a medically induced coma and against doctor's advice went on TV to beg for info for his daughter he hadn't seen in a year or 2.
When asked how the family was doing (prior to the body being found), SF said they were grieving.

Tells ME everything I need to know.

And then the next day, (I think it was)..... SF was asked if he "slept last night."
He replied, "Yeah." The he was asked how his wife was holding up & he said "Fine."

Then shortly after that, he's seen falling to the pavement in his driveway.

(yep good folks- poor as dirt , but happy as clams...they get by and make do)

It's called poverty. This is America, our nation's largest employer is Walmart followed in second place by McDonalds. About 80% of american families have a combined household income, COMBINED, of about 35K. And while it is easy to stand back and scoff, or talk bootstraps or other BS, that is the new american reality. They had a home, their kids had food and clothes, and that places them ahead of (sadly) millions of other Americans.

I am not holding these guys out as good parents. I am saying that it is ridiculous to judge them based upon their poverty.

While I do fully agree with financial straights of many....that Ford 150 does not scream poverty in my book Chris. Nor knowing they had computers. IMO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/celina-cass-stepfather-checks-mental-institution/story?id=14232912
Laro, who says he voluntarily gave up custody of Celina but was allowed to visit, didn't notice anything worrisome at the Cass home. But he was troubled to find out Celina's bed had been moved to the basement. She had previously shared a bedroom with her sister, he told WCAX.

"Next thing I know, they are ... staying on an air mattress on the cellar floor. Staying down in the cellar. To me it's like … why would they do that?"

I was participating in a discussion about the concept of a kid sleeping in a basement at all, not an analysis of the living arrangements of this family which, quite frankly, we know very little if anything. I shared my desire as a kid of similar age to have my room in the basement, and that's all.

Right. I understand. But I was putting your urge for a basement bedroom into the context of this particular case. I fully understand a kid wanting a cool bedroom. But IN THIS CASE there are extenuating circumstances that should have over ridden those desires, imo.

Really, though, I don't think it matters what the sleeping arrangements are if one is concerned about who is living in one's house for them. I sense that there's some kind of argument that's trying to be made that the girls would have somehow been safer if they'd slept in an upper BR, but I don't get that at all. Why does that matter, really?

You do not see the difference between putting your child to sleep across the hall or next door from your bedroom, in comparison to them sleeping two floors down? You seriously do not see that an 11 yr old might be safer next door to mom's bedroom as opposed to the basement 2 floors down? Because
imo, any one would recognize the obvious differences. I can HEAR what is happening across the hall if it is something out of the ordinary. I can much easier SEE what is happening or SEE if someone tries to enter or leave my child's room. I can be warned by their cries or screams if something happens. I can SMELL smoke if they play with a lighter or light up a joint.

With how little we know about any of these people, though, I continue to reserve judgment about the living arrangements of this family. I don't know enough to even voice an opinion about whether they made good choices or not, let alone judge them as harshly as they seem to have been as this story has unfolded.

Here are a few FACTS we do have. The 23 yr old ex-felon moved in to Celina's old bedroom. She was then moved into the basement with an air mattress. She told her aunt she was afraid to sleep there alone. Her SF had mental problems and was not totally stable. He was the primary caregiver while mom was at work. So CC was spending the summer with the 23 yr old, her unstable SF, and her 13 yr old sister, when she was home. And Celina was found in the river. Those are some of the pertinent facts.

I do not think it is harsh to voice concerns over the sleeping arrangements. I purposely voice these types of concerns because I wish someone had voiced similar concerns when my mom let her younger brother move into our home and become our after school babysitter. It would have saved me a lot of pain and grief.

Do we know that a person could enter that exterior basement door and be in the part of the basement where the girls slept? It's a big house and might have a big basement. Link, please?[/QUOTE]

I understand that her aunt suggested this...My question, again, is: was she afraid because of the basement being creepy, or because of something that my have happened to her in the basement when the sister wasn't there? Either way...no basement for my kids with an unrelated, adult male in the home and me not directly in front of the basement door!

I do not mean anything ugly by saying this but I really wouldn't think Celina would appeal to a 23 year old young man. I am sure the town or surrounding area was full of young ladies his age and he would not be interested in a little girl. I would hope this at least. jmo

HRcodePink isn't here right now, but the post was there, made at 9:11 AM on a woman's site telling her he lived in Canaan VT and subsequently deleted. There was a lot of bad press about his FB account, so I think he got smart and at least cleaned that up. Or, since his friend count has been declining since CC went missing, it's possible that the friend it was posted to deleted him as a friend.
A lot of us saw it, and if you go back and read some of the early threads, there is plenty of discussion on it.

Thanks. I never knew this before HRcodePink stated it and it is rather weird.

That's interesting. I've checked hos page at least once a day and never saw any comments on any of his posts. I wonder if HE deleted it???? I doubt he has the "home" computer back from the police.

FB can be edited, accessed from any computer, even a phone.

You do not see the difference between putting your child to sleep across the hall or next door from your bedroom, in comparison to them sleeping two floors down? You seriously do not see that an 11 yr old might be safer next door to mom's bedroom as opposed to the basement 2 floors down?

No, I seriously don't. Because IMO if someone with children is concerned about having a particular person or two in their home, it doesn't matter WHERE they sleep. It would be them being in the home, period.

Not that I have those concerns in this case (yet) because, as I've said, there isn't much to go on so far in this unfolding case and so much of it is hearsay.

i hate to say it , please don't hurt me:)
but IMHO, considering that residents there have said no one locks their doors and leave keys in vehicles ( well maybe not ALL, but that seemed the consensus)
I don't know that it really matters where what door was, or wasn't, or how someone got in...or out for that matter. Or what side of the house they lived or not.
None of us really know where in that house Celina was last...and who was inside the home, or when or nothing.......way too many details not provided by LE....

Anyone have a link to the photo from CC's fb where she is looking through the roll of duct tape?

Don't have the link handy but here is the photo:

Attachments

• Celina duct tape.png
    Celina duct tape.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 69
I do not mean anything ugly by saying this but I really wouldn't think Celina would appeal to a 23 year old young man. I am sure the town or surrounding area was full of young ladies his age and he would not be interested in a little girl. I would hope this at least. jmo

I have a headache and can't really think of how to respond to this at the moment...except to say that we really never know what appeals to someone else and why but we do know easy access and a whole host of other personal factors beginning with being a young lady with very low self-esteem can make someone more vulnerable...also, from many other cases we've seen, sexually abusing someone younger does not preclude someone from having ongoing relationships with age appropriate partners, sexual or otherwise...

It's very true, especially if the tumor is in the frontal lobe which controls your impulses for example...

We had a family friend who was having a difficult time... so my cousin, her new husband (young baby at home) and the sister in law decided to take him out to cheer him up. These were 3 young people... late teens to early twenties.

They went hiking. My cousin got tired, she wasn't quite in shape from having the baby. So she decided to head back to the car to wait.
The sister in law went with her.

A little while later the family friend said he was tired as well and headed back. The husband finished the hike.
When he returned to the car they were all gone.

The family friend murdered both young women. There was no sexual assault, it was a bizarre crime with no real motive.

It was also 3 years before and completely related to my other cousin's rape/murder which remains unsolved.

The family friend had a brain tumor in the frontal lobe... he died a few years later after being deemed incompetent.
Everyone agrees the murders never would have occurred without the brain tumor.

I always wonder in cases where people say "He has NEVER been violent before, I don't understand?!" I think that should be the FIRST thing a defense team does. They evaluate for psychological issues, they should be looking for physical ones as well.

"We went back yesterday based on additional information developed since finding Celina,"
Young said. She would not comment on whether her office had obtained and executed any other search warrants.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ne...h_cops_leave_school_where_girl_search_was_run

I do think they are just moving the command center, because school will be starting soon.

However, I also think we are not far from an arrest. :seeya:

This tidbit certainly dates me, but you may have heard of the 1966 Texas sniper Whitman who killed 16/wounded over 30 from the tower at Univ. of Texas/Austin. It was later discovered that he had a brain tumor. <--Sorry, I just realized how off topic this comment is. :eek:fftopic:

If Celina was afraid to sleep alone in the basement, why would she have slept there alone that night when her older sister wasn't home--and who would have known she would be alone?

Also, after she went missing, but before her fb page was removed, the only friend I saw was someone whose initials were TP (not sure I should give the name, but others may have also Googled her/him). This person seems to not exist. Am I wrong about that?

My uncle, the babysitter, was 23, and I was 10, when I finally stood up to him and threatened to tell my mom. I was shocked when he stopped. But now looking back, I think I was getting too old for him. I was only 6 when he first 'fell in love' with me.

He had spent some time in the army, been dishonorably discharged, and spent some time in 'the brig' as he called it, before he ended up on our door step. mom took him in, gave him a job. She was newly divorced, with 3 young kids. Her baby brother needed a job and a place to live. A PERFECT arrangement for everyone. He took MY OLD ROOM, and I went into my brothers room.

I know I am bringing issues into this case so I may be unfairly suspicious of KM. But innocent or not, those sleeping arrangements were hinky. imoo

I don't want to judge anyone for being poor, but the living situation in general just seemed sort of dangerous to me. Or at least not ideal and that isn't just because they were poor. Too many people, too far away from mom, new schizophrenic stepdad, etc. My parents were semi-overprotective of me, where I slept, who I was allowed to be around, but looking at cases like these I sort of understand their efforts.

Of course, it may not have made a difference where she slept :(

I only wish that young girls, children weren't appealing to 23 or 43 or even 63+ year olds, but unfortunately they are... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces