Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I was not aware of this. So, you're saying that the SF was on FB posting to random chicas after he went to awaken Celina and found she was not there? That is very bizarre.

What is your source for that info? The latest post I can find on his Facebook page was on 7/18 at 10:29 am, a full week before Celina went missing. Thanks.

Just popping in to see if there were any new developments and I haven't caught up yet, so I just wanted to answer this since I was the one who posted about the FB and initiated it.

Yes, posting to random chicas after he knew Celina was missing. The source of this information was that most of us who were here in the beginning couple days saw it on his facebook. I think that if you go back to thread one, maybe two (I wasn't posting yet on the first day, I don't think, but it was being discussed by the second day when I was, I am certain) a bunch of us looked at his facebook and he had posted at 9:11 am "i live in Canaan VT" failure to cap the "i" included, on one of the girl's pages. I don't remember the name of the girl, but it looked like one of this other...honeys. He claims that he found she was missing between 8 and 830 that am and the post was from 9:11 am that day.

When you clicked on the actual post, it took you to a looooooooooong string of comments on his post and then when you read the comments, it was a ton of people all saying that he was a perv and should have been out looking for Celina. To my knowledge, he has not been back on his facebook since this happened, and if he has been he has been doing everything privately. The friends on his fb friends list have been dropping like flies. Because of the lack of activity and the fact that he never made it private, some of us, myself included, speculate that the girl who had this on her wall, with all of the comments didn't want it there and deleted it and possibly was one of the people who dropped him as a friend.

ETA: Lots of things have dropped off of there, and I assume it is because as these people have been deleting him they also delete the posts. There was more recent activity before the one from a week before she was gone, but as his friend count has dropped, less activity has been showing.

If Celina was afraid to sleep alone in the basement, why would she have slept there alone that night when her older sister wasn't home--and who would have known she would be alone?

Also, after she went missing, but before her fb page was removed, the only friend I saw was someone whose initials were TP (not sure I should give the name, but others may have also Googled her/him). This person seems to not exist. Am I wrong about that?

According to her aunt, CC would have slept on the couch in the living room that night. She didn't like sleeping alone in the basement room.

yes nosy I believe that is the normal criteria...a foster son was in it, although we would/could have sent him to a private program

I'm glad you brought this up...even at her age, she is a year behind in school (my son will be 12 in September and is going into 6th grade and I kept him back a grade since he had a late birthday)...

So...that obviously does not mean she is developmentally delayed, but it could...not a criticism (I work in a special education program) but a consideration...just another possible thing that could have made her more vulnerable)...

She was an honor roll student IIRC.

I wasn't here then, but I saw the comment on his FB, as well. There are some other forums where the topic is being discussed and the actual string of comments is posted there with the time stamp.

Just popping in to see if there were any new developments and I haven't caught up yet, so I just wanted to answer this since I was the one who posted about the FB and initiated it.

Yes, posting to random chicas after he knew Celina was missing. The source of this information was that most of us who were here in the beginning couple days saw it on his facebook. I think that if you go back to thread one, maybe two (I wasn't posting yet on the first day, I don't think, but it was being discussed by the second day when I was, I am certain) a bunch of us looked at his facebook and he had posted at 9:11 am "i live in Canaan VT" failure to cap the "i" included, on one of the girl's pages. I don't remember the name of the girl, but it looked like one of this other...honeys. He claims that he found she was missing between 8 and 830 that am and the post was from 9:11 am that day.

When you clicked on the actual post, it took you to a looooooooooong string of comments on his post and then when you read the comments, it was a ton of people all saying that he was a perv and should have been out looking for Celina. To my knowledge, he has not been back on his facebook since this happened, and if he has been he has been doing everything privately. The friends on his fb friends list have been dropping like flies. Because of the lack of activity and the fact that he never made it private, some of us, myself included, speculate that the girl who had this on her wall, with all of the comments didn't want it there and deleted it and possibly was one of the people who dropped him as a friend.

ETA: Lots of things have dropped off of there, and I assume it is because as these people have been deleting him they also delete the posts. There was more recent activity before the one from a week before she was gone, but as his friend count has dropped, less activity has been showing.

About the SF's alleged FB posting from the morning she went missing. Here is my take on it. He sees she is missing and he calls MOM. She says go look on her computer, since that was what she did last. Makes sense they may see her last messages. [ of course if she were like most kids she would have closed it down tight before logging off.]

Anyway, schizophrenics are not known for their tremendous focus. So he may have logged on to see what she was up to last, and then took a quick peek at his own stuff. My schizophrenic/bi-polar cousin is like that. He can not stay on task at all- Very easily distracted.

Yes, and if you look back to posts from when Celina as missing, there is a post saying the daughter of LN, an employee, is missing...

Thanks I knew I'd seen that and forgotten where I did!

he had posted at 9:11 am "i live in Canaan VT" failure to cap the "i" included, on one of the girl's pages. I don't remember the name of the girl, but it looked like one of this other...honeys. He claims that he found she was missing between 8 and 830 that am and the post was from 9:11 am that day.

This made me recall on another case when it was realized that people see the times on FB differently depending on the time zone they live in and their settings, whether or not they're logged in, the time zone and setting of the person posting, etc.

That may need to be checked to confirm the times of the posts.

OT : You guys are living the good life. We pay 7% sales tax in Allegheny County on pretty much everything except food, clothes, meds. Almost 25% tax on alcohol (18% of it related to the Johnstown Flood that happened a gazzillion years ago) and don't even get me started on turnpike tolls. Oh, and I I don't want to forget the lovely 50% parking tax in Pittsburgh.

Crazy stuff...My DH's Grandfather perished in that flood (a gazillion years ago) & fyi, my son studied that flood this past year in 5th grade...as a "have to", part of the curriculum at his school, nothing to do with our personal interest in it.

heard this just a bit a ago- cried my eyes out- personally take it whatever way you wish or prefer ... gosh I miss my wonderful parents
‪Daughters by John Mayer (Acoustic Live Version)‬‏ - YouTube

That's a sweet video.

OT & FWIW.. .... & some more FYI jibber-jabber while waiting for some new news...

My middle son and John Mayer were friends in Junior high & Hi-school. They both tried out for
the Young People's Community Theatre when they were 12 yrs old, which was My Fair Lady.
John won the lead of Henry Higgens. My son got the role of the butler.

I have newspaper clippings & photos of it if you wanna see them. (LOL)

Also, they went on to be in high school plays, school concerts & local bands together.

John went on to become a famous singer.
My son was in a band for awhile through college, but is now a screen writer, film critic
and writes articles about documentary films for different newspapers, magazines & websites.

That's all about that.
Carry on.

Yes, I believe she was an intelligent young lady, but I do wonder about her emotinal intelligence. kwim?

I sort of remember something like that...

However, and obviously we have no way of knowing at this point, being a special education student does not preclude you from being on the honor roll in most schools, and, in fact, can help you get there which bothers many people...

Not to get too far o/t but special ed students have Individual Education Plans with accommodations and modifications, which can and usually do, in my experience, include grading accommodations...so, in fact, what an A or B may represent can be progress toward a goal, or accomplishment of an IEP goal...

Anyway, as I said, we really don't know and as far as I'm concerned if she were developmentally delayed in any way it would just be one more factor in the vulnerability of her position in the household and in society in general (if that makes sense)...

Okay... clarification on the autopsy issue here... I see some believe they would say they had a cause of death if they had it.

This group of law enforcement just simply does not release a cause or even manner of death, until they make an arrest.

I am not going to transcribe the pressers in Krista's case because they are almost word for word identical anyway. Here is the link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146276&page=4

Jane Young said all the same things about Krista's autopsy.

I find it very hard to believe that there wasn't visible injuries from Krista being beaten to death. Krista also being bound with duct tape when they pulled her out of the pond... would be a pretty clear homicide. (Well, except in Florida.)

I find it even more difficult to believe that the medical examiner did not find out that Krista was beaten to death when they did the autopsy.

Despite Jane Young coming out after the autopsy with "the cause and manner of death remain pending, it remains pending due to the toxicology results having to be returned and additional investigation. At this point the investigation remains active and ongoing."

They stated they were investigating it as a "suspicious criminal case" AFTER the autopsy.

She was beaten to death and bound with duct tape!

They knew Krista's cause of death and they KNEW it was a homicide when that post autopsy press conference was held.

I fully believe that they knew Celina's cause and manner of death when they held her autopsy press conference as well.

‪Uncut: News Conference Following Dittmeyer Autopsy‬‏ - YouTube

From the press conference announcing they had found Celina's body...

"We have made no determination on where her body was eventually put in the river we are trying to do that, now that we have located her body we are able to hone the investigation to make the determination.

So you will see searches conducted in different areas, but now we have a much more specific and generalized area to work in.

She was located in the water so we are trying to determine how her body was put in the water."

MsF: If you drowned accidentally or committed suicide you were not PUT in the water.

A reporter asked about obvious signs of trauma....

"Until the medical examiner has an opportunity to review Miss Cass' body we're not going to be able to make that determination, that should be left up to the medical examiner."

"Based on what we have seen visually, we are treating it as suspicious."

"I am not going to comment on what our visual observations were of her body."

MsF: Visually, there was something to see. In Krista's case it was "suspicious" because she was beaten to death and bound with duct tape.

‪Uncut: AG Announces Discovery Of Celina Cass' Body‬‏ - YouTube

From the press conference about Celina's autopsy:

"At this time both the cause and manner of death remain pending... pending further toxicology as well as further investigation."

"Based on visual observation of Miss Cass' body both in the water and when we viewed it out of the water, we determined that the death was suspicious and that's why we launched a criminal investigation and we continue to go forward with that investigation."

MsF: What would they see visually in the water? Maybe if she was wrapped, clothing, bindings or any very obvious big injuries.
What would they see outside the water? They would get a closer look. Stab wounds, gun shot wounds, ligature marks, etc.

‪Family Waits For Answers In Girl's Death‬‏ - YouTube

MsFacetious, the knowledge you bring to the table with regard to the investigators in this case is wonderful. I love reading your posts and the connections you make between the cases.

I'll add that Krista was found four days after being killed and placed in icy water at a time where there was still some snow on the ground:
4-27_Cranmore_Pond_Search_Dittmeyer_10.jpg

Thus, due to cold preserving the body, just pulling her out and visually inspecting the body would have likely shown the investigators, immediately, that Krista had been bound and beaten to death. Yet the same attorney general working Celina's case merely said that Krista's death was "suspicious".

Thank you so much for doing your homework, MsFacetious!

This made me recall on another case when it was realized that people see the times on FB differently depending on the time zone they live in and their settings, whether or not they're logged in, the time zone and setting of the person posting, etc.

That may need to be checked to confirm the times of the posts.

I'm on the east coast, was logged when I viewed it, and in the same time zone. The 9:11 AM was spot on.

I like your list for the most part. but while nothing is known for certain except that Celina lived and died, we do know that based on a "visual" examination of Celina's body, LE is treating her death as "suspicious". Also, they have spent and are spending a heck of a lot of time searching her home and the vehicles belonging to the two non-blood related men living in her specific unit. That tells me it is highly unlikely that this was other than homicide, at least, which is a broad, legal term and does include murder.

Obviously, every indication at this point is that this was a murder, and committed by someone in the home.

Also, I take exception with your statement about "just another fable from the distant family". What other "fables" have been reported from distant family? In fact, what fictional statements have been established coming from any relatives' mouths thus far, distant or otherwise?

Bio-Dad has apparently completely reversed his position on Celina's family. They started out as fine wonderful folks and are now sinister creepos who all but lock their kids in the cellar and make them sleep on the floor. There are also, if I recall, inconsistencies with his story about how he learned of this death. Further, some here have said that the family seems quite divided, with the various factions taking sides.

In any case, the point is this: just because Aunt Petunia says something does not mean that it is, in any way, accurate. We should properly consider it of course, but until it is corraborated elsewhere it means little.

I read that she only WORKED there too. Does anyone have a link to somthing that shows she co-owns the shop?

She does only work there. I had found an article in the Colebrook Chronicle and it was late and I was tired, so I didn't actually know that I had found an article. I thought that it was just a picture of the shop opening. Under the pic it said that she and a forner teacher had opened the shop, but in the article it said LCN was just an employee.

I'd have an axe to grind too. His daughter has been killed. She was in the care of her mother and step-father when she disappeared. My axe would be so huge, it would not fit through the door.

Lol He's been a lot gentler than I would be under the same circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces