Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleting my comments on the basement since they "aren't relevant".

I suppose they could just use the door for this... no major sleuthing involved.

BBM:

:waitasec: Sorry, which door? If there's only one door to get into the basement, an internal one from the main floor, it's most likely Celina was taken/killed by someone who lives in the house or always has access. If a second door exists, access straight in from the street, (hence the code discussion), that would make more of a possibility that it could have been a stranger who entered the basement secretly from outside, or an acquaintence who may have gotten her to come outside without anyone in the house being aware.

It may not be major sleuthing, but as far as I know, mode of entry and accessibility to the victim, I believe, are valid points of discussion on the board. :seeya:

Since we have so little new info, it seems to me that we are sort of chit chatting a bit, about building codes, taxes, roadway tolls and the like since we're all from different areas. I think it would be best if we can feel ok discussing topics like that right now until we have a little more to go on. So what I am trying to say is there isn't always a direct correlation between the subject at hand and the crime. We have been talking about the house, the area etc to get a sense of how life is in that part of the world!

I have to admit that the off-topic chatter on the threads about this poor girl, especially today, have really been a distraction for me. I didn't realize these threads went that far off-topic to include banter back-and-forth about completely unrelated things, and I've really been noticing that here today. The 'basement' posts weren't as off-topic as a lot of others, though.

BUT I must also admit that this is the first case I've followed here from the time the 'missing' report has been issued, so it's probably just that I'm newer to this forum (I lurked for ages in Unidentified and Cold Cases, not so much here). I just expected it to be more focused or analytical or something.

BBM:

:waitasec: Sorry, which door? If there's only one door to get into the basement, an internal one from the main floor, it's most likely Celina was taken/killed by someone who lives in the house or always has access. If a second door exists, access straight in from the street, (hence the code discussion), that would make more of a possibility that it could have been a stranger who entered the basement secretly from outside, or an acquaintence who may have gotten her to come outside without anyone in the house being aware.

It may not be major sleuthing, but as far as I know, mode of entry and accessibility to the victim, I believe, are valid points of discussion on the board. :seeya:
there are other photo's, but this is the one that I found the fastest.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ck-taken-from-home-dead-New-Hampshire-girl-11
Notice the level of the ground?

BBM:

Of course! Access, mode of entry, etc. are definitely related! And, that discussion is allowed. Not every mention of the basement is "irrelevant". :)

Like I said, if you can relate it to possibly being related to Celina's disappearance, then by all means, discuss away! But when the discussion reverts back to talk about the family being inappropriate for having their kids in the basement, or not taking care of their home because it wasn't up to code, that's a different story.

If anyone has any questions, please PM a mod. We are here to help. But we also like the discussion to stay on track.

Wow, looks clean, staple some sheets on the ceiling & throw a rug or two on the floor, put a mattress, maybe a dresser & what more could you ask for...did you by any chance look at the average income here in NH???

lauramags: I don't think anyone is questioning that everyone should do the best with what they have- of course, a space like this could be made to be livable, if needed. I believe the point is about displacing two girls to a place like this (and don't forget we don't know what the basement actually looks like- it could be completely and beautifully finished) when an unrelated male in his 20's is living in an upstairs, most likely but not necessarily nicer room, and possibly somewhere between the girls and their parents...Does that make sense?

Everything may have been peachy and everyone may have been perfectly appropriate with one another...but now that CC is dead the speculation naturally turns to what may have happened and what may have prevented it...all IMOO...and I hope nothing I've said has offended you- it certainly wasn't meant that way...

I apologize for discussing the basement, I thought it (it's condition and entry access) would be relevant since that's the last place she was seen. My apologies.

I just wonder why the step brother or former mothers boyfriends son did not have to sleep in the basement instead of the girls? I mean they actually lived there and he just came to stay, so it would seem he should get the basement, IMO. I guess the girls could have asked for the basement if it were the bigger room, but I would not put my children in a basement and let a former anythings son have their bedroom, but that is just me. I hope the arrest someone soon. It is so unfair that these children are killed and we do not see justice in most cases. Just sad.

I apologize for discussing the basement, I thought it (it's condition and entry access) would be relevant since that's the last place she was seen. My apologies.

Hi Golem--I agree with you; I may have missed any dustup on prior pages, but I'd been wondering about entrances myself.

I just wonder why the step brother or former mothers boyfriends son did not have to sleep in the basement instead of the girls? I mean they actually lived there and he just came to stay, so it would seem he should get the basement, IMO. I guess the girls could have asked for the basement if it were the bigger room, but I would not put my children in a basement and let a former anythings son have their bedroom, but that is just me. I hope the arrest someone soon. It is so unfair that these children are killed and we do not see justice in most cases. Just sad.

I agree, maybe the sisters were looking for a place all of their own, for "whatever" reason...

I am concerned for the health of Celina's biological father. He has serious heart problems, has congestive heart failure, and is supposed to have open heart surgery but is now too weak for it, according to news reports. The news said he was bedridden for the day due to his heart. The stress of Celina's death, funeral, and not knowing what happened to her, must be very hard on him and his health. I'm sure it would be difficult if Celina's sister lost her biological father right after losing her sister. And Adam Laro's son seems to be very attached to his father and wouldn't want to lose him. I hope that Celina's father is being protected from stress as much as possible and that he can gain enough strength to have the heart surgery that he needs. I am prayaing that he can be around to find out what happened to his daughter and how and why she was killed and by whom. I am also praying for protection for KL, Celina's sister. If someone would kill Celina, how do we know that the person might not want to kill her sister too. I hope the sister is being watched continually and kept track of at all times. Everyone in the town needs to be closely watching their kids because its not known who killed Celina. It could be someone close to her or a complete stranger. I believe it was someone local who could possibly strike again. If the step-father had nothing to do with Celina's death, I feel bad for him that so much bad has been said about him and put in the national news about him. If someone said all that bad stuff about me and put it in the national news, I think I'd lay down in the driveway and put my head on the ground too!
IF he is innocent in Celina's disappearance and death, it wasn't really fair to him to bring up all the stuff in his past if he was staying on track and living a decent life now. (And if he hurt Celina, he deserves all he got and more!) I wish all the toxicology test results would come back and we would hear more about the cause of death of Celina, or that there would be an arrest made. Its unsettling to have things up in the air, and must be much more so for the people who knew and lived near Celina. These people now don't know who they can trust and who they can't, and that's scary.

In Krista's case it was drug related... so it is possible they did want to wait for toxicology before making the arrests.
I don't necessarily think they are waiting on that in this case. I think they know how she died without toxicology and probably who did it as well.
I do think they will have enough to charge a person/people. Toxicology may eliminate possibilities though.

I think Jane Young's priorities will be:

Safety of everyone involved.

If the suspect is in the community and a potential danger an arrest will come faster.

Ensuring she knows where her suspect is while she solidifies her case.

As long as she knows they are not taking off or hurting anyone, she will feel okay postponing an arrest.
Like I said, if they are incarcerated or hospitalized she may postpone an arrest.

I would expect that we will hear nothing until she makes an arrest. Definitely not about any POI's or suspects.
We will hear who they are when they are arrested. Then we will hear after the arraignment, some detail of what the charges are.

However, Jane Young is obviously more emotionally involved in this than she was in Krista's. That does change it a bit...

I'm unsure if that will change whether she gives more information or whether she waits until after things have calmed down to make an arrest.

My cousin took off when she was 15 with a friend. Stole her brother's truck and drove 600 miles to Vegas.

Her mother (who is a bit dramatic to start with) did just that.

She went to every house pounding on the doors "I know you know where she is!!! Where is she!!! Tell me where she is!!!!" :floorlaugh:

bbm, ouch, poor woman, I would have been terrified and frantic. JMO

I see what you mean, I wonder if it was a "rent" situation, so he paid to have the room? I have no idea though, so I shouldn't speculate

Around here there are alot of programs available for young parents, sadly the ones that need it are not the ones to seek it out. Maybe forcing new parents to take parenting classes before taking their infant home, although that will never hapen. Some kids are hurt while inside the womb, drugs and alcohol. I just don't know what can be done. I hope those around me remember they can call me any time if they need assistance in any way.

My PC is acting up, we are having rolling blackouts here due to the high power usage. I need a new battery for it. Gets hot real quick in here, was 118 outside.:desert:

You are right. The people who need the most help are often the last to want it. And I don't know what to do about that without rolling all over people's civil liberties, etc.

I love the posts from "b"...was seen washing sheets at 7am...LOL, makes it sound like W was down at the stream with a washboard and a bar of soap...who witnesses someone doing the washing??? Was he at the laundromat? just sounds weird to me. moo and moo moo moo

The house has a few units in it so it is possible they have a common laundry and other tenants could see if another tenant was doing laundry.

I apologize if someone already said this but she looks like Anne Hathaway in this picture...she has the most beautiful eyes!

I hope little Celina is aware of what everyone is saying about her incredible beauty and what gorgeous celebrities she reminds us of.

Hans Christian Andersen

When a child dies, an angel comes down from heaven, takes the child in its arms and spreading out its large white wings visits all the places that had been particularly dear to the child.

From the best loved place the angel gathers a handful of flowers, flying up again to heaven with them. Here they bloom more beautiful than on earth, but the flower which is most loved receives a voice so that it can join the song of the chorus of bliss.

So pretty. Makes me tear up a bit.

I just read the details on this. I am physically ill. I cannot imagine the animals that could do this to a young innocent child. My gosh she could not imagine what was happening to her. All the murders of the innocent children so so evil. I cannot imagine man's inhumanity toward each other. They are just scum and should not be able to roam among civilized people. I am just sick and feel so helpless. I am speechless because I cannot comprehend the evil. It is unspeakable.

I know. I cannot and will not ever understand no matter how many years I spend trying or how much I read and research. Evil is evil to me. No excuse is valid when it comes to a human actively harming another just for fun or kicks, especially when the person they want to harm is defenseless and totally innocent.

Someone would have to tie me down, because even after LE was involved I know I would still be...or want to be out looking for her...even in the dead of night and calling out her name. I'd want to beat on everyone's door. I just can't imagine.

The thought of a mother going door to door and calling her missing baby's name in the middle of the night is one of the saddest things I have heard.

I hate to say, but many of us watched precious Sandra Cantu pulled from the water after she was murdered. And those of us who watched in tears, recall the size of that suitcase. What we have seen with precious willowy Celina was ENORMOUS imo. And of course divers recovered her, when imo divers would not be required, and the "visual" was "suspicious" in and out of the water. :( jmo, she was weighted down in some manner and that would have been included in what we saw recovered from the water :(

The only time embalming is required by law is when there is a public viewing.

Or when the body is being transported over state lines. However, many cemeteries require it even if it is not a law. This is why so many green cemeteries are popping up.

In this photo of Celina, she is wearing a "peace sign' pendant.

Back in the day, "peace sign" pendants and such were popular with the 5-leaf plant smoker hippie-types.

I'm NOT explicitly implying Celina was a toker or that she was interested in or involved in drugs .. I'm just wondering if someone gifted to her that pendant, and if *that* person was?

Again, I'm looking for clues that might suggest a drug environment .. and curious or accidental ingestion of such.

Huh? Old hippie here. Rarely I've seen a peace sign with a marijuana leaf included. If you image google the peace sign you'll likely find the leaf in .0001 of the pics. Peace signs in general were never meant to be connected to pot...and I have never heard of such, TBH. The were a symbol of the peace movement taking place in the 60's and early 70's. Maybe it was given to her by a relative ...or they are everywhere now in Walmart, Dollar Stores and most of the young kids purchase them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo