Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my opinion. I do not think a child should be kept in a room that is concrete walls & floors. It's cold, damp, and not comfortable or what I would consider "livable".
This is my opinion...I don't think when I and my best friend from childhood lived in a married student housing dorm (rented to non-married students given the lower numbers of such in the 90s) that we were living in a place that was unsuitable for a child. We were perfectly comfortable, seeing as we had pictures on the cinderblock walls and rugs on the floor and kept the apartment neat and clean.

Her two-year-old that lived with us was *very* well taken care of.

But, again, that's my opinion. I saw lots of the dorm room that were in lousy shape...but I've seen lots of 'normal' rooms with 'good' things like carpeted floors and paneled walls that were treated like absolute crap by their owners. Concrete walls are...and wood walls and plaster walls, etc...are no better than what their occupants are, IMO.

Until I see a picture of Celina's bedroom in the basement and hear first-hand accounts of her homelife, I'm not going to judge based on the fact her bedroom was in a basement. I've had too much experience...experience living in a concrete home, or living in a basement, or having with friends who grew up in stereotypical 'good' living arrangements (huge center hall colonial in upscale neighborhood) who were mistreated...and with friends who lived in hovels (with windows held together by duct tape and floors that were made of concrete) who were treated well...to make assumptions...but that's just my opinion and my experience.

lauramags: I don't think anyone is questioning that everyone should do the best with what they have- of course, a space like this could be made to be livable, if needed. I believe the point is about displacing two girls to a place like this (and don't forget we don't know what the basement actually looks like- it could be completely and beautifully finished) when an unrelated male in his 20's is living in an upstairs, most likely but not necessarily nicer room, and possibly somewhere between the girls and their parents...Does that make sense?

Everything may have been peachy and everyone may have been perfectly appropriate with one another...but now that CC is dead the speculation naturally turns to what may have happened and what may have prevented it...all IMOO...and I hope nothing I've said has offended you- it certainly wasn't meant that way...

Shouldn't bump my own post...agree with what you are saying, Rosiebean but this is why I feel people are discussing it...

So sleuths, given the lack of evidence that has been made official by LE, what do YOU think happened to this beautiful child???
Did I miss something this afternoon? Lack of evidence made official by LE?

Huh? Old hippie here. Rarely I've seen a peace sign with a marijuana leaf included. If you image google the peace sign you'll likely find the leaf in .0001 of the pics. Peace signs in general were never meant to be connected to pot...and I have never heard of such, TBH. The were a symbol of the peace movement taking place in the 60's and early 70's. Maybe it was given to her by a relative ...or they are everywhere now in Walmart, Dollar Stores and most of the young kids purchase them.

never seen it either, I was too young for woodstock but smoked my weight in weed and never wore a peace sign. JME

Shouldn't bump my own post...agree with what you are saying, Rosiebean but this is why I feel people are discussing it...
Thank you, nosysw...yes, I can see the second-guessing about the basement giving the circumstances. I can totally understand wondering why a 'guest' (for lack of a better term) was given a bedroom while the daughters were given the basement. I just have a hard time understanding the thought that 'all basements = dark damp den 'o horrors' (instead of, oh, 'maybe the basement was damp and creepy and her parents didn't care, which fed into what may have happened). I have had such varying experience with many kinds of living situations that absolute statements are a bit stunning to me personally. I admit, I may have misunderstood the conversation going on regarding the basement as I'm trying to keep up while working on multiple 'real time' projects.

I'm confused, so just straighten me out if someone has said this...

If they are having a service, and children, peers attend, wouldn't it be a little less confusing for the young 'uns to see a casket rather than an urn?

My dad was cremated, and his ashes placed in a block, which in turn, was buried.

A neighbor of mine's husband had an open casket (he was embalmed after a car wreck) and he was later cremated.

So, a casket might be a little bit more of a (visual) comfort for all if the parents had to make difficult decisions for the young daughter's remains.

It's a sad case. Let's hope the detectives involved are being their careful selves and that things stay on a steady course.

Why did someone make the horrible choice for this pre-teen to die?

---
- OM$.02=only my two (non)cents
You know I'm not a professional and don't claim to be! Lol.

I keep hearing this "up to code" reference... I understand this to mean that residences are suppose to adhere to specific guidelines??? How exactly would one of these code finding people find out if a structure met the guidelines??? I am in NH and no code people have ever looked at my house to my knowledge. thanks

In NH, if you own an apartment building, the town inspector comes once a year to make sure the building is up to code. Single home ownership does not require this, but multiple unit buildings do.

I have been gone all afternoon,can someone please tell me what happened today-THANKS

I'm confused, so just straighten me out if someone has said this...

If they are having a service, and children, peers attend, wouldn't it be a little less confusing for the young 'uns to see a casket rather than an urn?

My dad was cremated, and his ashes placed in a block, which in turn, was buried.

A neighbor of mine's husband had an open casket (he was embalmed after a car wreck) and he was later cremated.

---

I would imagine young children are already confused.

I have been gone all afternoon,can someone please tell me what happened today-THANKS

In a sense, nothing. The local station says the tape is gone from the house, and the investigators have packed up and moved on.

They are holding an annual event in Celina's city. Her biological father and mother each attended. There will be a dedication to Celina on Saturday.

There has been no word at all on the case. My guess is that it will be a quiet weekend followed by some news next week.

I'm coming in late again after a couple if horrible days and trying to catch up on my thread reading.

I take it nothing new gas been announced, and were still waiting for cause of death?

I did see a post about Celenas tooth becoming crooked after an incident with a string???
As someone with a background in dentistry I don't know if I believe that in it's simplest form. If you were to loosen a tooth with a string (which would be hard to do on an adult tooth given root size) the tooth would most likely fall back into place. Unless it was infected and constantly aggravated into an unnatural position. If you look at AL's teeth you see a similar configuration. It's called bi-max protrusive and is not that uncommon. It's possible she just had large teeth she hadn't grown into yet. And yes a simple brace or retainer would have helped quickly and effectively.

Anyway, going back to bed for a few days. I'll check in again later.
Thanks, everyone for all you do.

In a sense, nothing. The local station says the tape is gone from the house, and the investigators have packed up and moved on.

They are holding an annual event in Celina's city. Her biological father and mother each attended. There will be a dedication to Celina on Saturday.

There has been no word at all on the case. My guess is that it will be a quiet weekend followed by some news next week.

Thank you so much HMAN!

I would imagine young children are already confused.

Oh, yes, most certainly....

I just thought there was a discussion somewhere about the service , etc. I'm just yacking that a casket (the entire idea is awful) would be maybe less disturbing than an urn of ashes.
Just ruminating on something really not all that important in the scheme of things. Hoping that a service will help the community...it is just a formal thing in my opinion...each person has their own road...

---

Well there was this :slapfight: which lead to this :bigfight: which lead to this :tos: and then some this :chillout: along with this :deadhorse: but there was occasional this :hug: and perhaps one or two of these :grouphug:

As far as the case goes, nothing new to report. Sorry!

Well there was this :slapfight: which lead to this :bigfight: which lead to this :tos: and then some this :chillout: along with this :deadhorse: but there was occasional this :hug: and perhaps one or two of these :grouphug:

I hate to LOL,but thank you Mag!!

In NH, if you own an apartment building, the town inspector comes once a year to make sure the building is up to code. Single home ownership does not require this, but multiple unit buildings do.

Typically, individual cities pass ordinances requiring anyone renting a home or apartment to meet the standards of the International Building Maintenance Code. This code sets requirements for minimum property conditions. New Hampshire is small enough that it could have a state law rather than local ordinances. That's a good thing. This protects tenants against careless landlords. Some landlords, though, neglect to register their properties, and those properties are not inspected. I'm not sure how any of this would play a role in the investigation. But I'd be interested in knowing more about the habitability of the basement.

Lol!
In essence, this is a community which is ready to examine things from EVERY angle!

---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214