Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, no one that we know of...

I think LE/FBI nipped that in bud pretty quick. You'll notice all of the articles in the last few days are not providing for comments. In one of cases I was following (very small town-250 pop.) one of the locals stated on a TV interview that LE had told him and others not to speak to the media. It may have been for their own protection, because the suspect (local) had not been arrested yet. Chance of repercussions from him or his family. ***Suspects were the SIL, and his brother, of the mother, father and 3 kids who were slaughtered. Another, the youngest at 3 miraculously survived after being blugeoned, left for dead and not found for almost 24 hours. The SIL even attended the funeral and visited the little girl in the hospital! Interesting case, as the brother of SIL had a gf and her mother (visiting from FL) were arrested for obstruction also a short time later. LE has still not provided a motive, but the general consensus/speculation is...drugs-- and family discourse ---the fact the oldest daughter (alive) who was married to the perp...was shady (stripper) and had a relationship of taking him back and then kicking him out again. They had an 8 yr old daughter and a baby (boy) conceived after their divorce. The family was tiring of the x-SIL, alleged perp.

http://images.google.com/images?sou...313&q=gee+murders,+beason,+il&biw=853&bih=471

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_a47e6e84-2ff1-11e0-94ab-001cc4c03286.html

That is typical NH small town. There is plenty of info going on behind closed doors but these folks are within their own community, very protective of each other, take care of their own problems, do not like the media or outsiders sticking their noses into their business. If you ever interact in one of these small towns, respect their privacy and do not ask alot of questions. These are hard working decent folks who live by their own code of ethics. I remember going back to revisit childhood home in rural Vermont. Stopped at the country store to get directions as the years gone had faded my memory. I got no help until I started reeling off remembered landmarks. Got a big smile and "welcome home". My point! That's just the way it is!! skier

I know! I live in one of those small towns! :)

wow, sleuthing ain't what it used to be . . . .

I myself was just thinking that with all the forensic evidence we have at hand, and considering how forthcoming with new information the AG has been, we should have cracked this case wide open months ago. :innocent:

It is, IMO, a bit premature to begin constructing elaborate or imaginative theories about intruders and what not. The reality is simply this: in about 90% of all cases of this kind, with children under 12 and regardless of location, the victim KNEW her attacker. In this case we have Celina at home when the crime occurred, which narrows the field considerably.

I disagree with your last statement. Even if we use your statistics, there is a 10% chance the killer is UNKOWN to celina and a 90% chance the killer is KNOWN to her.

Your scenario doesn't narrow the field of possible killers at all. It just places all possible killers in two categories in which once out of 10 times the killer is found to be in the UNKNOWN category and 9 times out of ten the killer is in the KNOWN one.

And I am hoping that the FBI is working on that, or which ever state is will put a rush job on it and that will be some time this week. These test do not have to take forever when they are rushed and when there is no backlog. Even DNA doesn't take too long.

My daughter's sociopath father demanded a DNA test (admitting she was his and he was stalling the child support hearing) and we went in for it at 3:30 on a Thursday and had the results 10 days later. The lab sent the results to DCSE in Richmond, they reviewed them, put his name on her birth certificate, set up our hearing date and then mailed the results back to us. And we were one of at least 50 families in that particular office that day, no one special, no high profile case and we had it in 10 days.

New Hampshire does not have its own tox lab. CC's were sent to a lab in Pennsylvania. I posted a link earlier to remarks by the ME as to why tox results take so long.

Sill thinking of Celina, and hoping to hear some news. Looks like my prediction of an arrest in a day or two after she was found was completely wrong! :innocent:

Sill thinking of Celina, and hoping to hear some news. Looks like my prediction of an arrest in a day or two after she was found was completely wrong! :innocent:

I'm not giving up hope that we'll know who the perp is, tonight or tomorrow.

I think they know who it is & do not consider him a flight risk, so no hurry to arrest, at this point.

I don't see any reason for LE/DA to leave a suspected killer on the streets. IF that is the case I find that perplexing and disturbing.

Wondering if anyone else has sleuthed the town's lone RSO, Daniel N, convicted in 1998 for aggravated felonious sexual assault on a victim under 13yo?

I'm trying to place his registered address on HollyE's map and can't seem to do it. HollyE, can you try? It's listed on the state police site as <modsnip> Bear Rock Rd, West Stewartstown, NH. When I play with it, it comes up in Colebrook.

Either way, fairly close.

Wondering if anyone else has sleuthed the town's lone RSO, Daniel N, convicted in 1998 for aggravated felonious sexual assault on a victim under 13yo?

I'm trying to place his registered address on HollyE's map and can't seem to do it. HollyE, can you try? It's listed on the state police site as <modsnip> Bear Rock Rd, West Stewartstown, NH. When I play with it, it comes up in Colebrook.

Either way, fairly close.

Nice work. It's fairly easy to find that information. Yet we're hundreds of posts in, and I don't think anyone thought to check.

I don't see any reason for LE/DA to leave a suspected killer on the streets. IF that is the case I find that perplexing and disturbing.

It is frustrating, but there are so very many cases I've followed where LE suspects someone(s) of committing the crime, but can't/won't make an arrest without the volume and type of evidence needed to move forward with what the DA would consider sufficient for successful prosecution. Sometimes it takes years before they get that one person or one piece of evidence that tips the scales in their favor and finally make an arrest. Fortunately, in some of these cases, the suspect can be arrested for unrelated criminal activity and taken off the streets in the meantime.

I suspect LE is trying to get as much info from the townspeople as possible about Celina's activities, home life, family, friends, concerns, who's saying what to whom - accumulating circumstantial evidence and clues while possible forensic evidence is in process... If they suspect someone(s) in particular, I'd bet that person is being watched.

Would not be surprised if there were a few lingering LEOs keeping an eye on the interactions at the festivities last weekend and tonight.

JMO...

I heard that someone has a map of this case. Can someone post it here? TIA xox

It is frustrating, but there are so very many cases I've followed where LE suspects someone(s) of committing the crime, but can't/won't make an arrest without the volume and type of evidence needed to move forward with what the DA would consider sufficient for successful prosecution. Sometimes it takes years before they get that one person or one piece of evidence that tips the scales in their favor and finally make an arrest. Fortunately, in some of these cases, the suspect can be arrested for unrelated criminal activity and taken off the streets in the meantime.

I suspect LE is trying to get as much info from the townspeople as possible about Celina's activities, home life, family, friends, concerns, who's saying what to whom - accumulating circumstantial evidence and clues while possible forensic evidence is in process... If they suspect someone(s) in particular, I'd bet that person is being watched.

Would not be surprised if there were a few lingering LEOs keeping an eye on the interactions at the festivities last weekend and tonight.

JMO...

Remeber how they couldn't arrest Scott Peterson, but were keeping a very close eye on him?

Any new news? I'm so hoping they have a presser today, especially since they are finished with the parade thing. That would have been inappropriate timing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89