Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 8 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never read anything that mention a dog or dogs. Not have I seen any in any of the pictures. I do know she had one cat and another cat that may still be a kitten. I've seen a cat wandering around in some of the pictures of the folks gathered around the house.
If you find reference to a dog, please post it, because I don't think you are right, but I am not sure.

I may be wrong, but I either saw a photo with her and a dog (black mutt, on its back?) or saw something on a forum somewhere that mentioned it and that I'm still searching for. I will post if/when I find it.

Not that it matters, because not all dogs bark at strange noises (some of mine sleep more soundly than I do), some dogs don't bark at intruders at all (one of mine hides under the bed) and if it were a family member then likely the dog would not bark.

It may well matter. I'm not talking about a "strange noise." When a dog recognizes danger, especially a palpable threat to a younger pack member, it doesn't ignore it. The dog will become protective. If a man (or woman) was hurting little Celina, all kinds of odors/hormones are released that dogs discern.

How often have you had intruders?

We do this. In fact, after my Dads wake, and then a day or so later his funeral Mass, we rented a hall and had a big gathering. Some tears, but mostly laughs, good food, and lots of drinks. ;) I remember my aunt and I sharing a wry laugh about how it was the biggest and best party with all Dad's friends and family, that it sucked that it was the one party he couldn't be there for! ;)

I just dont see anything odd about the float, which was the idea and creation of Celina's sister, a child herself... Nor about the parade - which was already scheduled, and I think perhaps many adults were concerned for the children of this small town, who were probably gripped with fear and sadness for the days that Celina, someone most probably knew or knew of from school, was missing, and then found in a river. :(
I see what you are saying, being Catholic myself. But this being the needless death of a child makes it seem like it would be impossible for a parent to even function.

“It wasn’t a sad thing doing it,” said Baglio, who helped make the float along with her children. “The kids were all having fun.”

I just do not know how I feel about this when your childhood friend dies.
I lost a childhood friend and no way could I hve worn her clothes or had fun.
I still mourn her 50 years later..........it's just me.........

I could understand the float...with an aire of respect and somberness, but from what I have read...that doesn't seem to the case. And the mother riding on display.....:thud:Who's bright idea was this? Even if her daughter wanted this to be.....someone ...or the mother should have explained the whole situation to her. I'm sorry, but the mother didn't even come forward to plead for her daughter's return..nor did she want to display any emotion in public when CC was missing. Now after her death....and before she is even placed to rest ...the mother of a deceased girl is propped up on a float going down the main street for all to "google". !!! WTH is wrong with this picture. ?? I'm just blown away by this. Off rant.

I could understand the float...with an aire of respect and somberness, but from what I have read...that doesn't seem to the case. And the mother riding on display.....:thud:Who's bright idea was this? Even if her daughter wanted this to be.....someone ...or the mother should have explained the whole situation to her. I'm sorry, but the mother didn't even come forward to plead for her daughter's return..nor did she want to display any emotion in public when CC was missing. Now after her death....and before she is even placed to rest ...the mother of a deceased giri is propped up on a float going down the main street for all to "google". !!! WTH is wrong with picture. ?? I'm just blown away by this. Off rant.

Thank you for saying this for me.

I am beginning to wonder if this case has LE completely baffled.

Does anyone know why, if CC's body was found at 10:30 or so, was it not recovered until almost 7 hours later? That seems like an inordinate amount of time.

It may well matter. I'm not talking about a "strange noise." When a dog recognizes danger, especially a palpable threat to a younger pack member, it doesn't ignore it. The dog will become protective. If a man (or woman) was hurting little Celina, all kinds of odors/hormones are released that dogs discern.

Can you point me to anything that mentions a pet dog? As I have said there are plenty of pictures on her FB of her cats but not of any dogs.

And different dogs behave quite differently. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't think this is important since I really don't think there is a dog. I did see another family member with a dog, but it was his, and he doesn't live there.
My dogs do not think of children as "junior" pack members, they see themselves that way.

I will be completely surprised if this is the case.
They found that body awfully fast and made a bee line for that house, they found something, with that body, or they have a snitch.

I'm optimistic again. I think if they were completely baffled, they'd be speaking out more, asking for tips, information, etc. I think they can afford to be tight lipped because they know what and who they're dealing with. :twocents:

Does anyone know why, if CC's body was found at 10:30 or so, was it not recovered until almost 7 hours later? That seems like an inordinate amount of time.

Good question. I'd like know what part the black hawk played in all of this too. Maybe someone with SAR experience can help?

Way upthread was a ref. to an Aug.4 article,
---headline Celina Cass’ grandfather demands justice: ‘I don’t want no Casey Anthony’ stating
---quote "Granite State cops from the Major Crimes Unit also removed barrels of evidence yesterday at the girl’s home in West Stewartstown after securing a search warrant."

Upthread at post 359, HeinekenMan commented ---
some folks refer to "trash cans" as "trash barrels" or garbage barrels,
so the article may have meant LE removed trash cans from the house.

Another possibility:
The phrase "barrels of ..." was used in a colloquial way, to mean a LOT, or LARGE QUANTITY (or crudely, S--TGOB).

Maybe Celina’s grandfather repeated a comment from someone who watched the evidence removal from the house and who said - LE removed "barrels of evidence."
Maybe the reporter used that very phrase but not as a quote, and did not literally refer to barrels or trash barrels being removed.

Just a thought from having heard “barrels of” used that way for many years.

It's only been a week since she was found, right?
That is really no time at all...especially if they want their test results back before making any arrests.

My thoughts on the whole float/parade thing: maybe it is considered a great honor to be on the float and that is what the town came up with to try to honor this family, that is all I can think of...:(

I didn't read anything about a dog either. If there was a dog, it's hard to say how the dog would react. Smaller breeds who aren't treated too nicely will cowar down to agressive people. The type of breed makes a difference as well. I have a Neapolitan Mastiff who lives for her family. She adores us, but strangers in the house make her a little uneasy. On one occasion, a carpet installer was in the house. For some reason he brought his freaky SIL. I got bad bad bad vibes from this guy, so I brought my dog into the house (crate) just to give him something to think about while he casually scoped out the house.Anyway, my dog went beserk C-R-A-Z-Y each time he came anywhere near me or my daughter. She sensed something.Sorry, a little O/T

I agree with your line of thinking. For sake of discussion, I put my thoughts in red.

And regarding the RSOs in the area, I've considered it, but it's not where I'm laying my money. LE was all over that list and canvassed/questioned in the first 48 hours. If any of those RSOs seemed hinky/had no alibi/etc, I believe the AG would have already acted. :twocents:

What is the deal with the hack saw pictures shown in previous posts. "yikes" I really don't want to go there. skier

Good question. I'd like know what part the black hawk played in all of this too. Maybe someone with SAR experience can help?

High-tech sonar device maybe? Infrared heat detection device?

Thank you for saying this for me.

Remember grief does strange things to people. The day my dad died in 1988 I showed up for choir practice because singing those songs made me feel better. However, everyone was shocked. Would I do it again, do not know but it seemed right at the time. skier

I am not sure I think that always applies Periwinkl. Dogs can become fearful also.

I remember in the Greone murder/kidnapping case when Joesph Duncan invaded their home they had two dogs and both of them were inside. One was a pit bull and one a mixed bred.

No one heard the dogs barking that night. Later on Duncan said he thought he would have to kill the dogs to silence them but they just whimpered and went into another room and hid under a table.

IMO

I could understand the float...with an aire of respect and somberness, but from what I have read...that doesn't seem to the case. And the mother riding on display.....:thud:Who's bright idea was this? Even if her daughter wanted this to be.....someone ...or the mother should have explained the whole situation to her. I'm sorry, but the mother didn't even come forward to plead for her daughter's return..nor did she want to display any emotion in public when CC was missing. Now after her death....and before she is even placed to rest ...the mother of a deceased girl is propped up on a float going down the main street for all to "google". !!! WTH is wrong with this picture. ?? I'm just blown away by this. Off rant.

I couldn't agree more. It pains me so much b/c I worry that in the future KL will look back and regret that her sister was "honored" in this way. I really don't know why no adult family, friend, neighbor someone explained to her how this isn't the time to be dressing up in her sister's clothes and parading (literally) around town.

I would think they would call the Black Hawk in because they are able to see a much broader view of the area when flying above the water areas.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member