NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you littleone for your insight. I can understand that artsy people can seem weird, different or creepy to those non-artsy people.

It would seem as though there were a confession from him or maybe his girlfriend was there or knew what happened and told LE????

I believe we are creatures of habit..and if someone is under stress and panicked then maybe they would go to where they know...such as Portsmouth to put her body in the ocean....thinking the ocean will take her away...a river...maybe not..who knows.

I hope that LE can find some evidence in her car that someone else drove it back to UNH, if indeed that is what happened.

My heart breaks for her family..and also what she went through.

You may be right. He knows Prescott Park but it is so risky to drive out there and dump a body. Pierce Island is well known for activity after dark and the cops cruise through there all night long. I am pretty sure that he didn't do all of this alone.

I hope she can be recovered soon and will be able to tell the story (via forensics) of what really happened to her.

It will be difficult after a week or longer in the water :(

Such a tragic story. Such a beautiful girl! I feel so sorry for her and the family.

Little,

Can you give us some info as to what locals are saying without naming anyone specifically?

The question I have is what role dis the girlfriend play in all of this? If Lizzi was headed to visit Seth's girlfriend, who lived with Seth, one has to assume the girlfriend was in the apartment. The news stories are saying she never arrived at her friend's house and yet the police are saying she was killed in the apartment. None of this seems to make sense unless the girlfriend had moved out and Lizzi and Seth had something going on. Foster's in Dover is reporting this morning that the murder occurred during a "sexual encounter". There's obviously a lot more to this story than what we're being told and it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that what actually happened is quite a bit different that what we've heard so far.

Sorry guys--but I think he came on to her and she rebuffed him---remember she has been described as sweet and "too trusting"...for some reason I just can't see a casual encounter with a new friend from works BOYFRIEND...I feel this young woman was stangled during an attempted rape/assault. Girlfriend may have not been home yet or went out. Even "nice guys" have felt they were "lead" on and lose it when rebuffed. IUt wouldn't take much for a black belt in Martial arts to strangle someone. Leading motivators for murder---sex, greed (money) and jealousy.

Sorry guys--but I think he came on to her and she rebuffed him---remember she has been described as sweet and "too trusting"...for some reason I just can't see a casual encounter with a new friend from works BOYFRIEND...I feel this young woman was stangled during an attempted rape/assault. Girlfriend may have not been home yet or went out. Even "nice guys" have felt they were "lead" on and lose it when rebuffed. IUt wouldn't take much for a black belt in Martial arts to strangle someone. Leading motivators for murder---sex, greed (money) and jealousy.

This is what I was thinking too as awful as it is :( At the same time, playing devil's advocate, even though she was described as sweet by friends, maybe she had a crazy side too and it was part of a threesome with both of them?

I don't think she was a new friend, although it is from an article I read and maybe the details were not accurate, they met last summer (2011) working at Target together (Lizzie and his girlfriend).

Even good people snap sometimes though... it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I feel awful for her family and friends.

Also I did see the name of the girlfriend (first name, not last). I can understand why it hasn't been released yet though. NH is not very forthcoming with details from crimes, which is what happened last year when Krista Dittmeyer was killed... things were released very slowly.

Initially I was thinking it may have been the girlfriend, a jealousy type scenario. In light of this new information I think this was possibly a kinky threesome that had a tragic ending.
I am sure it is, or will be, tough for the family to hear the new information.
Threesomes are not uncommon, especially among the younger crowd. Choking and other acts during sexual encounters, as well as the use of other BDSM type gear (e.g., bindings, whips, etc.), are also not uncommon.
This may be why the police initially charged him with second degree murder. The unfortunate part of this situation, is that they did not call 911 right away. Concealing or disposing of a body is only going to make you look more guilty.

Truly tragic for her family.

According to Portsmouth police, Mazzaglia graduated from a Citizen's Police Academy in December 2011. Police added that they perform background checks on all people taking part in the CPA, and that Mazzaglia did not stand out among the group.

Mazzaglia is also a certified EMT, according to New Hampshire Bureau of Emergency Medical Services. He passed the national exam for certification in May, but is not licensed or practicing in the Granite State.

Until recently, Mazzaglia worked at the Best Buy store in Newington, N.H. He reportedly was working at the store on Friday, Oct. 11, less than 24 hours before authorities announced his arrest. Customers said Mazzaglia was recommending the new video game Dragon's Dogma on Friday.

A Best Buy company spokeswoman released a statement about Mazzaglia's arrest:

“Our deepest sympathies are with the victim's family and we will be working with law enforcement on the investigation.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/bost.../17009872/-/1buyva/-/index.html#ixzz29UCM9WuV

some of his background in the above

:)moo: as for the sexual encounter statement... well Lizzie isn't here to say what happened and this guy is in jail for murdering her so anything that he has said I take with a truck of salt :moo:)

If it was an accident the weird thing, to me, is the conversation in Best Buy, if it happened the way the person quoted said... wouldn't someone who accidentally murdered someone and dumped their body not be happy and acting normal (or say life was great)? I don't know, just some thoughts....

Now being reported of a sexual encounter taking place.
Seth was known as "DarkKaiser" and "Dark Kaiser Redux" on BDSM sites.
Sounds like a David Carradine incident.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=7763422&page=1#.UH3WDrSQu5M

http://www.bondage.com/u/2515067/user.html

Still does not explain why he didn't call 911 or try to revive her. Again, only speculation as we don't know the details on if it was consensual or not.

<mod here: adding main stream media link to case: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20121016-NEWS-121019809>

Now being reported of a sexual encounter taking place.
Seth was known as "DarkKaiser" and "Dark Kaiser Redux" on BDSM sites.
Sounds like a David Carradine incident.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=7763422&page=1#.UH3WDrSQu5M

http://www.bondage.com/u/2515067/user.html

Still does not explain why he didn't call 911 or try to revive her. Again, only speculation as we don't know the details on if it was consensual or not.

<mod here: adding main stream media link to case: http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20121016-NEWS-121019809>

actually this case is starting to remind me more of Brittany Kilgore's murder in California...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...wife-killed-refusing-rough-sex_n_1843015.html

This poor girl!...
I think that she was an innocent victim set upon by two depraved predators... I think she went to visit a new "friend" from work and had no idea what the consequences of that decision would be...I do not think that whatever "sexual encounter" happened was voluntary on her part at all...
It is a shame that people are even speculating that she was willingly part of a "threesome" or whatever...there is absolutely nothing to suggest or corroborate that fact. IMO this beautiful, naive girl met up with the wrong type of people and was preyed upon and either was intentionally or accidentally killed during a sadistic encounter planned by an evil predator(s)...It is not unheard of for couples to kill (think of Bernardo/Holmoka)..
Thoughts and prayers with Elizabeth's family and strength to deal with all the speculation..

This poor girl!...
I think that she was an innocent victim set upon by two depraved predators... I think she went to visit a new "friend" from work and had no idea what the consequences of that decision would be...I do not think that whatever "sexual encounter" happened was voluntary on her part at all...
It is a shame that people are even speculating that she was willingly part of a "threesome" or whatever...there is absolutely nothing to suggest or corroborate that fact. IMO this beautiful, naive girl met up with the wrong type of people and was preyed upon and either was intentionally or accidentally killed during a sadistic encounter planned by an evil predator(s)...It is not unheard of for couples to kill (think of Bernardo/Holmoka)..
Thoughts and prayers with Elizabeth's family and strength to deal with all the speculation..

I personally don't consider a threesome as something which can be considered depraved or deviant behavior.
I find the whole puritanical pretense rather stifling and potentially more hurtful to Elizabeth's family and her memory if it does turn out that she was a willing participant.
Whether or not you like the fact, young people today engage in these behaviors, and closing your eyes to the reality does nothing to change that fact.

They sealed the records in the case according to earlier msm reports. I remember at least one or two people commented that it seemed odd to do so.

Considering the new information regarding the sexual activities, the police department may have been trying to keep this aspect of the case out of the public sphere, out of respect for Elizabeth's family.

It sounds as if someone did not agree with that decision, and decided to leak the information to the media.

Al little off topic--but we just had an earthquake in southern nh?????:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member