NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 1 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is NH's commercial fisherman regulations:

http://www.eregulations.com/newhampshire/fishing/saltwater/commercial-saltwater-fishing—finfish/

Commercial Fisherman also need to do this report as well:

http://www.nero.noaa.gov/ro/fso/vtr_inst.pdf

It looks like they need to inform several authorities of their catch, but I don't think they are restricted on the use of their boats. In other words, a short boat ride would not be a violation of their license. This is how it looks to me. JMO

I was hoping they had to log their hours, like truckers do.
JMO, but it would seem if Lizzi were placed in the water and not alive then she would be very unlikely to sink within a few days. Even if she did, there would have been air trapped in her lungs and interstitial tissues that would have caused her to rise quite quickly so if she had been placed in the water around Pierce Island then she should have been found upstream (tide was coming in at the time she most likely would have been placed in the water) floating or found in the decks or grasses in the bay. But that supposes whoever gave that information is reliable with no reason to lie. IMO it would seem more likely Lizzi was taken out in a boat and put in the water farther out so she would have been swept into open water faster and in a much larger area, especially since Seth may have tried to mimic Dexter. I'm sure he knew his girlfriend's family had a small commercial vessel and I'm equally sure his girlfriend knew how to work the vehicle. If Lizzi isn't found, Seth can claim anything he wants and get a lesser sentence, especially if he claims Lizzi's death happened accidentally during rough sex play. If Lizzi isn't found and an autopsy can't be performed to disprove whatever Seth claims happened that night, then he can make these claims and get a reduced sentence. Personally I hope that doesn't happen because I believe he has a dark history and I would hate to see him do this again to another teenage girl. JMO.

What time of day did you go there?

Late afternoon, around 4pm.

And regarding the boat theory, are there boats that are in and out late at night? Wouldn't that attract attention too?

had a link to post, but it is not working correctly.

And regarding the boat theory, are there boats that are in and out late at night? Wouldn't that attract attention too?

Both commercial and recreational fisherman fish at odd hours, so I wouldn't think it was odd if I saw a boat out at 2 am. The last time I went fishing by boat, we went out at 4 am. Some folks like fishing at night. Some at very early morning hours. Everyone has different approaches about fishing. Some people think certain types of fish are more active at these weird hours. JMO

I wouldn't think this would attract attention, I believe it's a lot easier to catch fish at night (they like the cooler temperatures), so I would think there may be a couple of boats out and about at this time.

I know friends of mine prefer to go fishing in the early morning hours (eg. 2/3am), so if it were a smaller boat I don't think anyone would think much of it heading out. Plus, if he took the boat out quite early in the morning, the likelihood of anyone seeing him would be very slim.

JMO :moo:

I was hoping they had to log their hours, like truckers do.
JMO, but it would seem if Lizzi were placed in the water and not alive then she would be very unlikely to sink within a few days. Even if she did, there would have been air trapped in her lungs and interstitial tissues that would have caused her to rise quite quickly so if she had been placed in the water around Pierce Island then she should have been found upstream (tide was coming in at the time she most likely would have been placed in the water) floating or found in the decks or grasses in the bay. But that supposes whoever gave that information is reliable with no reason to lie. IMO it would seem more likely Lizzi was taken out in a boat and put in the water farther out so she would have been swept into open water faster and in a much larger area, especially since Seth may have tried to mimic Dexter. I'm sure he knew his girlfriend's family had a small commercial vessel and I'm equally sure his girlfriend knew how to work the vehicle. If Lizzi isn't found, Seth can claim anything he wants and get a lesser sentence, especially if he claims Lizzi's death happened accidentally during rough sex play. If Lizzi isn't found and an autopsy can't be performed to disprove whatever Seth claims happened that night, then he can make these claims and get a reduced sentence. Personally I hope that doesn't happen because I believe he has a dark history and I would hate to see him do this again to another teenage girl. JMO.

A plausable view. But I still have trouble with the water story.

IMO your correct. If there is no evidence to what exactly happened that night then it will be his story to tell--if no one else is implicated. I really think LE would have made an arrest by now if they could.

Lets see just how low the charge is reduced when the grand jury is finished.

Perhaps recless regard for human life or some lesser charge--hope not.

IMO your correct. If there is no evidence to what exactly happened that night then it will be his story to tell--if no one else is implicated. I really think LE would have made an arrest by now if they could.

I'm sure LE is pressuring for the truth and/or confessions. They may even need one of them as a witness to testify against Seth. Just speculating-- not a fact.

I've been thinking the same things myself. If Lizzie's body isn't found by the time they go to trial, if there isn't a plea deal, all they'll have is Seth's version of events. Sadly, this is the way I'm feeling it's going to go. If she is, in fact, in the ocean there won't be much left for evidence.

Still wondering who else was at the apartment that night.... and, is SM still in jail? Does anyone know if he is allowed visitors now? Very quiet in the news now, which is surprising given their local connections.......

Come on, Lizzi.... we need to find you.

Well, so far we have no body. Really don’t know where it is?

No knowledge of the credible source that put her in the water—if that’s the case.

No known witness(s).

No ‘formal’ charge to be entered in a trial—if there is one.

Don’t know who was present at this event which caused Lizzi’s death.

Don’t know how her vehicle got to the campus—or was it there all along…

Was there evidence at the proposed scene of the crime? Evidence in the vehicle?

Who sent the last ‘text’ message—was it Lizzi?

Wow, you are so correct. There isn’t a shred of evidence public.

I understand that her family should be given some privacy.
May she rest in peace where ever she is.

I hope the investigation is going better than things appear, sincerely.

I wish I had answers to some of these questions just for my peace of mind in knowing that the system is taking the correct and due course.:please:

This is my own opinion with exceptional respect for family and LE.

I see myself on the jury and hearing that it was all consensual, and by accident she died...
they I hear the prosecution tell that he was not forth-coming or helpful as to where he place her....

So I say it's murder, not manslaughter.

I see myself on the jury and hearing that it was all consensual, and by accident she died...
they I hear the prosecution tell that he was not forth-coming or helpful as to where he place her....

I must agree with you on the jury seat--if that is in fact what happened.

Unless some one can state otherwise and he insists that she was placed off the island it 'appears' that would be as forthcoming as possible. Especially if no other discussion regarding her where abouts was acknowledged by him, that is the only story and I would guess--IMO-- he's sticking to it.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe you can have a murder charge in a case where the death was accidental and unintentional. Nor do I believe that the lack of cooperation by the alleged perpetrator can change a case from manslaughter to murder. Second degree murder involves an assault. IMO, it would be tough to tie an assault charge to a consensual sexual act. Of course if it was not consensual, that's a whole different story.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe you can have a murder charge in a case where the death was accidental and unintentional. Nor do I believe that the lack of cooperation by the alleged perpetrator can change a case from manslaughter to murder. Second degree murder involves an assault. IMO, it would be tough to tie an assault charge to a consensual sexual act. Of course if it was not consensual, that's a whole different story.

Without an autopsy or having seen SM's statement it's hard to speculate where this will go. A half-decent defense attorney could get SM's statement thrown out, Lizzie's body, if it is in the ocean and if it is ever found, is unlikely to yeild much in the way of evidence. So what we could end up with is some unusual, consensual sex that went horribly wrong. And at this point that may just be what it is.

Without an autopsy or having seen SM's statement it's hard to speculate where this will go. A half-decent defense attorney could get SM's statement thrown out, Lizzie's body, if it is in the ocean and if it is ever found, is unlikely to yeild much in the way of evidence. So what we could end up with is some unusual, consensual sex that went horribly wrong. And at this point that may just be what it is.

It takes a lot of time to strangle and suffocate someone to death. She would have been in distress. So, I'm not convinced it was consensual. JMO

Maybe the charge is second-degree to give the negotiations somewhere to go (manslaughter) if it gets plead instead of going to court.

I agree if it was an accident you call for help he or they didnt!

http://www.tnhonline.com/unh-police-holding-campus-safety-talk-1.2957267#.UKuFduRkyAg

By Corinne Holroyd
Staff Writer
Published: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 01:11

<snipped>
“Especially after the tragedy of Lizzi Marriott, we want to educate students on precautions, what to do during emergencies, and how to protect themselves in threatening or dangerous situations.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thinking of you Lizzi.

My own 19 year old daughter and I went down to the piers last night and stood looking out over the water. It was sobering and this tragedy reminded me of how naive our children can be. We had a long talk over a large cup of coffee. I would say that all of us with children need to have serious conversations with our children. It's been difficult since this is a relatively small town and most of us know the families involved. And it's made my own daughters more cautious of the friends they have and they've learned what warning signs they should look for. They've also learned that monsters can be your friends and the boogeyman can be really normal and charming. I just hope that Lizzi is found, the family can have some peace and our community can sleep easy knowing those responsible won't be able to prey on anyone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNkelly