NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 7 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't he just reiterating what kat told him happened?

Yes, in her statement to the defense she said Lizzie had a seizure when she was in top of her.

One thing that's been bugging me, in her story of how Seth strangled her, she says Lizzie stopped moving very quickly, she described how her leghs were stretched out and her feet moved inwards and her arms and wrists were up on her chest - if someone is unconscious, how can they keep their arms upward on their chest if they are sitting up - and why hasn't Barth pointed that out? If she were lying down, saying her legs were stretched out with feet inward and arms on her chest makes sense, but not if she is sitting up.

"Among the most common signs of lying is the nose touch. It seems that the nose touch is connected to the original mouth covering gesture that is so obvious in children. Because adults are more conscious about body signs that they are displaying, the hand is quickly pulled away from the mouth, which results in a quick nose touching gesture"

http://psychologia.co/signs-of-lying-in-body-language/

She keeps touching her nose.....

Lying again --

Neck touching and/or stroking is one of the most significant and frequent pacifying behaviors we use in responding to stress. Some people rub or massage the back of their neck with their fingers; others stroke the sides of their neck or just under the chin above the Adam’s apple, tugging at the fleshy area of the neck. This area is rich with nerve endings that, when stroked, reduce blood pressure, lower the heart rate, and calm the individual down.

the presence of a nose touch often means deception.

She is now pinching her nose, and touching her neck.

Ruh-roh...

MOO

Mel

Woah == did you just see the DOM come out of her.

I'm not done yet, please let me finish. Not so mousey after all is she?

MOO

Mel

Oh yes, the story that 'they' gave to the defense atty was that she had a seizure when km was sitting on her face. But that never happened. So why .... oh nevermind. It's all make believe. If she actually had epilepsy we would have heard that.

Doomsday! He finally did it.

she'd sell her own grandmother for a harness :mad:

:floorlaugh: barth tells her......."you can have all day"

Did kat just realize that she was talking too much? She raised a hand to around her neck and throat as if to stop the flow of carp coming out!!! :floorlaugh:

I wonder if her hand was the one wrapped around Lizzi's neck just like that.

Kat says she was intimated by Roberta...just wanted to get away from her.

Many jurors have been looking at Seth... he is looking at Kat with his leg bouncing per usual... a few glanced over at Lizzi's parents... this the backdrop to Atty Barth seeming impatient with Kat needing to reference transcripts...as followups to his repeated questions about what she had said to Roberta Gerkin and why.

by Jen Crompton/WMUR 10:31 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wmur.com/Event/State_vs_Mazzaglia#ixzz34pBPy7Pv

Oh yes, the story that 'they' gave to the defense atty was that she had a seizure when km was sitting on her face. But that never happened. So why .... oh nevermind. It's all make believe. If she actually had epilepsy we would have heard that.

Doomsday! He finally did it.

Sorry I'm lost, I thought it was Dark Knight. Who's Doomsday? I assume that to be Seth.

MOO

Mel

Has the state benefitted by calling Kat to the stand?

If I was a juror, I would hate her so much by now that I'd dismiss everything she says.

Lying again --

Neck touching and/or stroking is one of the most significant and frequent pacifying behaviors we use in responding to stress. Some people rub or massage the back of their neck with their fingers; others stroke the sides of their neck or just under the chin above the Adam’s apple, tugging at the fleshy area of the neck. This area is rich with nerve endings that, when stroked, reduce blood pressure, lower the heart rate, and calm the individual down.

Ruh-roh...

MOO

Mel

Is that what that is Melanie! :floorlaugh: I thought she was choking herself to shut up. She does console herself a lot with the hand hugging her arm and protecting her midriff.

Is there a TV on on background with a laugh track?

So strange this trial....

Lying again --

Ruh-roh...

MOO

Mel

I actually wondered if her touching her neck was because she was visualizing the rope around LM's neck. FWIW, the research on deception shows that although people feel that they are pretty good at detecting lies, they are generally at or around chance in most studies.

Sorry I'm lost, I thought it was Dark Knight. Who's Doomsday? I assume that to be Seth.

MOO

Mel

DarkHeart is one persona.
Doomsday is not so much a persona as a...situation? (It was explained by Roberta at one point in her testimony, trying to recall words she used).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat