NH NH - Elizabeth Marriott, 19, Durham, 9 Oct 2012 - # 8 *S. Mazzaglia guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im listening to the detectives testimony now. This is actually pretty interesting. What did yall think?

In comparing this case with other murder cases this one is pretty lackluster to me. They were spoon-fed a murder location, the method of transporting the body, which dumpsters the evidence was thrown into, where the body was disposed of....

Did they just connect those dots or did they find anything that wasn't given to them by these liars? I am surprised by the witnesses so far for the state. What if they didn't throw her body off that island? Did a cadavear dog find anything anywhere?

Perhaps more information is coming, but lots of time is wasting either trying to prove KM is truthful or SM is lying. What else do they 'got'? Oh and I am so sick of cases focusing on and allowing testimony to go off into the sexual deviance of the players. So over that as a theme. JMO

Theres no way her statement to the defense is true - there were ligature marks on Lizzies neck, as seen by 2 other people and as described by Seth to his cellies.

But I think both Kat and Seth are guilty of murdering Lizzi. I think they both participated - Kat cannot be charged with murder at this point, and there is no getting around that because there is really no way to prove that she is lying in her testimony - I think it would be a horrendous injustice if Seth were acquitted of any of the charges against him, as I believe the evidence against him is overwhelming, even without Kats testimony.

Roberta didn't describe the neck marks as ligature (remember, she didn't even know what that word meant?), she just said the bags had been tied where the stark difference was between coloration of her neck and face, Paul specifically said the bags were tied tight and that was what appeared to cause the marks on her neck. I am most concerned about those bags, as there seems to be no earthly reason for even one, much less two bags to be tied over the head of a recently deceased person.

I think Kat's story can be true, and makes the most amount of sense of anything we've heard so far. Yes, Lizzi and Kat's DNA were found in his underwear, but that does not prove rape.

Seth (in my mind) is not innocent of causing Lizzi's death, but I'm not certain I could go as far as to say he murdered her, I think it far more likely Kat had the intent to do her harm for having relations with her boyfriend.

Thanks for the debate Minor, I always appreciate reading your thoughts, even if we tend not to agree all the time.

Most of us have watched some pretty bizarre trials over the past few years, but this one can only be described as bat-chit-crazy. I will miss it when it's over.

I totally agree.

But hey when youre married to the chief justice, you can probably take liberties that other lawyers couldnt get away with. IMO

any proof to this or just veiled impropriety?

Roberta didn't describe the neck marks as ligature (remember, she didn't even know what that word meant?), she just said the bags had been tied where the stark difference was between coloration of her neck and face, Paul specifically said the bags were tied tight and that was what appeared to cause the marks on her neck. I am most concerned about those bags, as there seems to be no earthly reason for even one, much less two bags to be tied over the head of a recently deceased person.

I think Kat's story can be true, and makes the most amount of sense of anything we've heard so far. Yes, Lizzi and Kat's DNA were found in his underwear, but that does not prove rape.

Seth (in my mind) is not innocent of causing Lizzi's death, but I'm not certain I could go as far as to say he murdered her, I think it far more likely Kat had the intent to do her harm for having relations with her boyfriend.

Thanks for the debate Minor, I always appreciate reading your thoughts, even if we tend not to agree all the time.

Agree, something odd about the bags over Lizzi's head. At first I figured they just didn't want to see her face, but they could have picked something off the floor and covered her face. So, why did Kat or Seth put bags over Lizzi's head and tie them tight?

Im not saying he has done anything unethical - Im saying it is extremely likely he is treated differently by judges and other attorneys because of who he is married to. It may be subtle or unconscious but that is the way it works in the real world.

oh i'm quite familiar with the real world, of law and otherwise.......thank you.... and it certainly sounds like u are eluding to more........please do tell......i'm intrigued..........

goodnight all, praying for lizzi :rose:

Agree, something odd about the bags over Lizzi's head. At first I figured they just didn't want to see her face, but they could have picked something off the floor and covered her face. So, why did Kat or Seth put bags over Lizzi's head and tie them tight?

Indeed, there must be a gap in the story and a good reason none who were in that apartment are telling it, imo.

for those catching bits and pieces of this case...MUST SEE Day 16 Part 1...Chris Ramos...former cell mate. The banter between Barth and Ramos is too much...frankly Barth is funny too in some of his comments back to him.

Can't sleep...again. Gonna watch this now. I missed it earlier. thanks!

sorry for asking this out of order but did BA think that was unusual that was thier last text (from LM to BA saying "you are so cute") or did she know LA was meeting up with other people anyway that night so it wasn't strange at all??

Oh boy, so this second convict was told the 3rd version, where ph kills lm... SMH

Do you guys really want Seth to be acquitted?

He!! no! I hope it doesn't matter if he had an active or passive role in this murder... this man planned it, and he is guilty, guilty, guilty. Even if he just watched & smiled. Grrrrr.

First of all, IANAL, but in NC (the only place I do know an atom-sized dab of law simply from lookin' things up in the NC General Statutes..)... ennyway, there is a statute in NC law which speaks of "Acting in Concert," where it states that if a person/persons is/are with another named person during the commission of a crime, that person can also be charged with the same crime... etc.

I guess it's too late to get into that now, even if NH has that provision as well.

sorry for asking this out of order but did BA think that was unusual that was thier last text (from LM to BA saying "you are so cute") or did she know LA was meeting up with other people anyway that night so it wasn't strange at all??

BA said she knew LM was going to visit km that nite. Although she sent three more texts that went unanswered, she did not say if that was unusual or not.

Nooooo!!!!!
I'm not sure about murder1 anymore, but I still think murder 2 is very likely.

No to 2nd, IMO.

icon8.gif
If there was a tarp, then they're guilty as carp.
icon8.gif

But due to the dearth of good solid evidence, I can see the jury compromising and selecting M2, Xara. I just hope it is one or the other, but the crime, IMO, was a definite M1. Grrrrr.

Will M2 be a choice that the jury can select?

I'm still not decided, it seems to me the first part was well planned, the aftermath, not so much. That dang tarp is what bothers me most. If they obtained it with the intention of murder, then you have clear pre-med. If it was conveniently laying in the pile of stuff in that room, well....

i'm just glad i'm not on the jury.

bbm

Could they have been playing games -- before she died, seeing how far they/he could go with strangulation? And they/he went too far? or did they just want to go ahead & kill her & get her outta there? We will never know...

The explanation km gave was that sm told her to put the bags on so rg would not see who it was. (not that it mattered much, she never saw her before)

My impression from the testimony is that LM was still alive when the bags were placed and tied tightly. And I believe it was to make sure she was dead.

If you recall, it was at this point in her testimony that km broke down sobbing. To me, that's an admission of guilt. JMO

The explanation km gave was that sm told her to put the bags on so rg would not see who it was. (not that it mattered much, she never saw her before)

My impression from the testimony is that LM was still alive when the bags were placed and tied tightly. And I believe it was to make sure she was dead.

If you recall, it was at this point in her testimony that km broke down sobbing. To me, that's an admission of guilt. JMO

Yeah, I totally think Kat put the bags over Lizzis head to make sure she was good and dead. Remember Kat said Lizzi was still alive after Seth strangled and raped her and while Kat was strangling her gently with the rope.

So Im gonna say Kat lied about putting the bags over the head so Roberta wouldnt see who she was. That makes no sense at all, and then they took the bags off as soon as Roberta got there anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper