GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Anthony Bodero claimed he didn't see her when they were staying inside his car around Thanksgiving, where was she then? That makes me feel that she had already passed by that holiday timeframe.
Antony's dates are off , but the details are the same . The Two days they lived in the audi,he didn't see Harmony, The tow truck driver established the day of the tow , HM was at KM's moms on thanksgiving which was the first time she had ever met HM. Yesterday's testimony established that ,I believe. so between uncle getting back from FL and the 12/7 car tow is the window of HM's murder

Antony's dates are off , but the details are the same . The Two days they lived in the audi,he didn't see Harmony, The tow truck driver established the day of the tow , HM was at KM's moms on thanksgiving which was the first time she had ever met HM. Yesterday's testimony established that ,I believe. so between uncle getting back from FL and the 12/7 car tow is the window of HM's murder
Thanks. I didn't realize HM was at KM's mother's for T'giving.

Updated: 4:06 PM EST Feb 13, 2024

moo, she had a dislike for Harmony. She did not want Harmony. One reason why she did nothing ever about the abuse done by AH. I believe that she also abused Harmony. She wanted it to be AH, her kids and herself, and the drugs. My thoughts.
I'm wondering if KM was fed up with cleaning up Harmony's accidents since I can't see AM doing it?

So far today:

Katie Swango (criminologist with the New Hampshire State Police Forensic Laboratory) was back on the stand after yesterday. She continued to testify about tests done on swabs taken from a Chrysler Sebring that the Montgomerys were living in at the time the state says Harmony was killed.

Scott Riley (former juvenile detective) testified about removing a ceiling tile from an apartment at "Families in Transition" (FIT), where the Montgomery family lived for a short time. He said that it was apparent from the odor that something had been decomposing there.

Manchester Police Det. Ray Lamy (lead detective in crime scene processing) testified that he processed the Audi the the Montgomerys stayed in as well as ceiling tiles from the FIT apartments they stayed in after Harmony died.

Rachel Radwich (works for Manchester PD's evidence unit) testified about cutting sections of ceiling tile. She says those sections were sent down to DNA Labs International in FL. She said while working on the ceiling tiles, she could smell a pungent, rotting scent. She said the scent is familiar to her. She associates it with decomposition. She often smells it when working crime scenes with a body.

Kevin McMahon (retired criminologist for the NH State Police Forensic Lab) is on now. He said he tested several items for blood connected to this case. Items that came up negative for the presence of blood include a section of carpet from a car trunk, a T-shirt and a cooler. He told prosecutors he also tested four sections of a stained area of drywall. He said those 4 parts tested positive for the presence of blood. McMahon is now under cross-examination by the defense.

Last edited:
I don't understand all the testimony by multiple experts and LEO when AM admitted to hiding Harmony in various places. Maybe the State wants to drive home how horrible the whole thing was. I don't know. Seems like this trial could be moving a bit faster.

I don't understand all the testimony by multiple experts and LEO when AM admitted to hiding Harmony in various places. Maybe the State wants to drive home how horrible the whole thing was. I don't know. Seems like this trial could be moving a bit faster.
That's a good question. Maybe they need to show that only his prints were on various items?

I didn't understand why the jury needed to see the actual ceiling pieces. The photos were great. So much time spent unwrapping them, and on the floor, no less. Why not on a table so that older evidence gentleman didn't have to get down on the floor to do so?

FEB 14, 2024
[...]

Prosecutors focused on a Feb. 21, 2020 work order for the unit where the Montgomerys were staying, which included a note saying "weird smell coming from vents in unit come check it out." The work order was from the day after Adam and Kayla Montgomery and the two boys moved out of the unit.

Riley said investigators went to the shelter because they had developed information that Harmony's body might have been placed in the vent in the ceiling

"There was an odor," he said. "I could smell something. I couldn't tell what it was, but there was an odor in the room."

He said he removed the vent by pushing it up into the ceiling and moving it to the side.

"As soon as I removed the cover, I could smell what I knew was decomposition. I could smell a dead body, what I believed to be a dead body at the time... It's a smell that you just won't forget."

[...]

I feel terrible for the people whose jobs sometimes unfortunately result in them knowing what a decomposing human smells like.
A further abomination is when that odor is from a child who never had the chance to grow up.
:mad:
Omo.
Eta : Clarified original thought.

Last edited:
FEB 14, 2024
[...]

Rachel Radwich, a supervisor in the Manchester Police Department's evidence division, spoke about her role in the investigation and noted that there were about 900 pieces of evidence involved in the case. She also testified about the ceiling tiles from the shelter, including staining and a "pungent, rotted" smell that she associated with decomposition based on her experience at death scenes.

Jurors also heard from the drywall contractor who installed the drywall at the shelter and from Kevin McMahon and Martin Orlowicz of the New Hampshire State Police Forensic Laboratory.

A retired serologist for the state, McMahon tested a number of items, including portions of the ceiling, looking for evidence of body fluids.

“Each of those areas on everything I tested in that particular exhibit was positive for blood,” McMahon said.

[...]

I hate everything about this case.

Been trying to get my head around it. Rather glad that I cannot, that I can't get in the head of the defendant. Nasty human being.

And the obvious question -- why did he continue to carry Harmony's poor battered body? So many precious children wind up in the landfill. Why not that here?

My next thought -- wasn't he in constant fear of getting found out?

And that's when it hit me. I think he did that to instill the fear of all things evil in Kayla. To be reminded constantly of her place.

I don't excuse Kayla. She had a duty of care. To Harmony. To her own children. Geez, to herself. Living in a car .... eating baby food... with the stench of human waste.... with a man capable of unrestrained violence... no girl dreams of that fairy tale. Again, no mercy but here's a person, in Kayla, who appears to have given up. That life could be different, better. Ever. Her sad world, living between fixes. No hope for life beyond that. Which is precisely the mechanism by which Adam controlled her. Make sure she feels worthless, hopeless, powerless....and make sure she knows what you'll do to her if she crosses you, exerts herself, leaves you...

I hate that Harmony lived and died -- and was murdered -- in the middle of that.

The world failed her.

jmo

Last edited:
So many questioning of the why this happened and how could they go on so long and what the duties and responsibilities are for parents with children.
The answer is DRUGS .
Hard drugs that take over the brain. If I'm not mistaken the drugs they took had effects as if they were jumping off a 300 ft tower with a bungy cord .
A constant need from the addiction to feel that! The massive down from heroin and the massive high from crack.
Getting to a point of not even existing in this world , only to get the next high or low.

Leaving the children to witness this ,day in and day out . Left without any hope ,left without love , left without a simple thing as a bed or even simpler a sleeping bag on the floor with a little warmth, left without food, left without touch from a parent , left without a place to go to the bathroom, left in the dark when scared, in a freezing car , left crying and lonely ,and thousands of more simple things that a child needs.

Then to be brutalized every day until they're denied their breath and be thrown away like a piece of garbage.
The sad part is ,it will continue.

Really , none of this would have had happened if drugs were not part of the equation .
I really do believe most of these people were once a good person , but once the drugs were a priority , evil took over.

This little girl ,Harmony , and thousands of other children including the elderly ,in the end were failed by so many .
I lay in bed at times and think about how many 1000's of children are laying somewhere ,hungry, hurt, lonely, crying, scared and my heart aches in a way I can't describe .

They didn’t have a lot of money. Probably just enough for food and other essentials. How were they affording drugs? It was said that people gave them drugs. Drugs are not given out for free. It sickens me to think that Harmony’s toileting issues might in some way have been caused by this free drug business if you know what I mean. Kayla was never asked why Harmony wouldn’t use the bathroom. This bothers me a lot.

So many things I don’t understand. How two active drug addicts were let “look after” three children. I don’t think Kayla is telling the whole truth either, and why on earth are people accused of crimes allowed to not show up in court for their trial or sentencing.They should be given no option and taken into court forcibly if need be. Kayla says in her evidence that Harmony was having increasing accidents in the car. That’s probably because she was terrified of them. The cruelty that people can use towards children is horrific. The fact that they were on drugs is no excuse. Those children should have been removed from that situation

They didn’t have a lot of money. Probably just enough for food and other essentials. How were they affording drugs? It was said that people gave them drugs. Drugs are not given out for free. It sickens me to think that Harmony’s toileting issues might in some way have been caused by this free drug business if you know what I mean. Kayla was never asked why Harmony wouldn’t use the bathroom. This bothers me a lot.
The one witness said he would give them drugs in exchange for their Food Stamp card at about half the value. So if the family was receiving say $500 in assistance with a food card, they could then give it to the dealer for $200 worth of dope. It happens all the time. I thought that if you had felony drug convictions you weren't able to qualify for Food Stamp assistance? I don't know about their previous arrest records, did both of them have felony drug arrests that we know of? Maybe the gf didn't?

I have a close relative who is high up in the Child Services division of her State. She has had that job for 25 years and I don't know how she does it other than saying to me one time in response to that question "If not me, then who?" She also deliberately chose not to have children of her own because she's been so traumatized. :(

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member