GUILTY NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, missing after placed in Father's Custody in 2019, reported 2021, *1 Guilty perjury, 1 guilty weapons* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many questioning of the why this happened and how could they go on so long and what the duties and responsibilities are for parents with children.
The answer is DRUGS .
Hard drugs that take over the brain. If I'm not mistaken the drugs they took had effects as if they were jumping off a 300 ft tower with a bungy cord .
A constant need from the addiction to feel that! The massive down from heroin and the massive high from crack.
Getting to a point of not even existing in this world , only to get the next high or low.

Leaving the children to witness this ,day in and day out . Left without any hope ,left without love , left without a simple thing as a bed or even simpler a sleeping bag on the floor with a little warmth, left without food, left without touch from a parent , left without a place to go to the bathroom, left in the dark when scared, in a freezing car , left crying and lonely ,and thousands of more simple things that a child needs.

Then to be brutalized every day until they're denied their breath and be thrown away like a piece of garbage.
The sad part is ,it will continue.

Really , none of this would have had happened if drugs were not part of the equation .
I really do believe most of these people were once a good person , but once the drugs were a priority , evil took over.

This little girl ,Harmony , and thousands of other children including the elderly ,in the end were failed by so many .
I lay in bed at times and think about how many 1000's of children are laying somewhere ,hungry, hurt, lonely, crying, scared and my heart aches in a way I can't describe .
Your post literally breaks my heart, but is so very sadly true. It happens much more often that the average person even knows unless they have had an addict in their family or work in a related field. The turnover rate in social services related fields is extremely high. They can't hire or keep enough qualified/capable people to do these jobs, they're underpaid and overworked, suffer from emotional trauma and burnout, it's a never ending circle of failure. IMO

I do think both of them are/were truly drug addicts, but they still deserve the harshest punishment for murdering Harmony. He had enough presence of mind to conceal and drag her poor body around for years. No excuses, throw the book at him.

MOO

Well well well...looks like the man of the hour hasn't shown up again!

First witness today is Alan Akcroyd, a DNA analyst with DNA Labs International.
KM and AM having another child after Harmony died. It is at 10:40 on this video.
Well of course they did! People that should not have kids usually have the most, despite ready access to contraceptives and knowing they don't want them, so they make it everyone else's responsibility to do their parenting because they're too busy getting kicked out of rehab after rehab.

Sorry for being a bit jaded. I work in addiction treatment and while there are lots of genuinely good people seeking it, the Adam and Kayla Montgomery types are a dime a dozen. Honestly more like a penny a dozen. A lot more I want to say but it'd probably get my post removed.

I knew of this case but just started watching the murder trial and weapons trial on YouTube. AM is pure evil. HM was so beautiful. How could he hurt a hair on her head? So many people failed her. I keep thinking that I would have taken her in a heartbeat. How long did he think he could get away with beating her like that?

FEB 15, 2024
STATE WITNESS #27 - Alan Ackroyd-Isales, Senior DNA Analyst, DNA Labs International
Tim Callery on X

We're in a bit of a delay this morning. Both sides spoke with the judge at the bench. Unclear about what. Prosecution has asked for a few extra minutes to prepare.

Jury has been seated. The state's first witness of the day is on the stand. His name is Alan Akcroyd-Isales. He is a DNA Analyst with DNA Labs International.

Akcroyd-Isales tells the prosecution that he has worked on roughly 30,000 samples. He has testified as an expert witness in other jurisdictions. Court has deemed him qualified to testify as an expert in this case.

Akcroyd-Isales tested DNA profiles for #HarmonyMontgomery, #AdamMontgomery and Crystal Sorey (Harmony's mother) with the stain samples.

Akcroyd-Isales says testing showed the stain was 1.1 trillion times more likely to come from #HarmonyMontgomery and one unknown person than two unknown people. Breaking it down for the jurors, he says that shows strong support that Harmony was a contributor to the stain.

Akcroyd-Isales DNA profiles of Adam and Crystal were deemed to be low contributors to the stain.

Akcroyd-Isales also tested two rails screwed together. He says the DNA profile sample from the rails is 1.4 trillion times more probable to be from #HarmonyMontgomery than an unknown person. He tells the jurors that's strong support that Harmony was a contributor.

Under cross-examination by the defense, Akcroyd-Isales says he can't say with certainty that the DNA on the sheetrock and rails is from Harmony. But he says the likelihood ratio is so high, he can comfortably conclude it was from Harmony.

Akcroyd-Isales has been excused as a witness. We're in a 15-minute recess.

Last edited:
I knew of this case but just started watching the murder trial and weapons trial on YouTube. AM is pure evil. HM was so beautiful. How could he hurt a hair on her head? So many people failed her. I keep thinking that I would have taken her in a heartbeat. How long did he think he could get away with beating her like that?
One day too long :(

From Tim Callery 10:59 AM (EST):

We are now taking another unexpected break. The judge tells the jury that the defense has raised an issue that the court needs to sort out. The judge has stepped off to read what the defense has submitted. When she returns, she'll hear arguments from both sides.

Per Callery, the defense is asking the judge to "reconsider" allowing Adam's Home Depot purchases (a 40lb bag of lime, a "fuel grinder," a Diablo blade, an M18 battery) to be admitted as evidence. This totaled $396.35. Where did they get this money? How could they bear to part with their drug money? There is also another sealed motion.

Prior to this, two of Adam's coworkers from Portland Pie Company testified about the bag in the freezer.

Last edited:
Defense is arguing that Kayla only testified to seeing a bag of lime, scissors, and a circular saw in the apartment on Union Street. Defense notes Kayla did not testify to seeing the other tools in the house. Prosecution is accusing Adam of "reducing" Harmony's body in the bathroom of the Union Street apartment. Defense also claims there is no evidence showing the bag of lime in the apartment was purchased at the Manchester Home Depot (?).

Prosecution argues that there was a withdrawal of money from a Citizens Bank on the same day of the Home Depot purchases. They note the bank is less than one mile from the Home Depot in question. A "call for service" was made for the apartment the day after the purchases (?).

Judge says the state has presented sufficient evidence to support the Home Depot purchases and will deny the motion to reconsider. Purchases are admitted as evidence.
Why would those purchases ever "not" be allowed as evidence? That is so strange. Seems a bit crucial!
It seems like the evidence is circumstantial MOO. They don't have CCTV footage of him at Home Depot (IIRC) or receipts. And there would be no bank statement showing those purchases if he withdrew hard cash.

Last edited:
From Tim Callery 10:59 AM (EST):

We are now taking another unexpected break. The judge tells the jury that the defense has raised an issue that the court needs to sort out. The judge has stepped off to read what the defense has submitted. When she returns, she'll hear arguments from both sides.

Per Callery, the defense is asking the judge to "reconsider" allowing Adam's Home Depot purchases (a 40lb bag of lime, a "fuel grinder," a Diablo blade, an M18 battery) to be admitted as evidence. This totaled $396.35. Where did they get this money? How could they bear to part with their drug money? There is also another sealed motion.

Prior to this, two of Adam's coworkers from Portland Pie Company testified about the bag in the freezer.
Why would those purchases ever "not" be allowed as evidence? That is so strange. Seems a bit crucial!

The one witness said he would give them drugs in exchange for their Food Stamp card at about half the value. So if the family was receiving say $500 in assistance with a food card, they could then give it to the dealer for $200 worth of dope. It happens all the time. I thought that if you had felony drug convictions you weren't able to qualify for Food Stamp assistance? I don't know about their previous arrest records, did both of them have felony drug arrests that we know of? Maybe the gf didn't?

I have a close relative who is high up in the Child Services division of her State. She has had that job for 25 years and I don't know how she does it other than saying to me one time in response to that question "If not me, then who?" She also deliberately chose not to have children of her own because she's been so traumatized. :(

MOO

An adult can receive SNAP benefits/food stamps for children in the household even when the adult is not eligible.

Harmony benefits this "household" as a third child, increasing the amount of SNAP benefit/food stamps.

RIP, Harmony, peace & comfort to your Mom & brother & brother's family in DC.

Witness testimony continues this morning in the trial of #AdamMontgomery. You can watch today's proceedings live by clicking below.

We're in a bit of a delay this morning. Both sides spoke with the judge at the bench. Unclear about what. Prosecution has asked for a few extra minutes to prepare.

Jury has been seated. The state's first witness of the day is on the stand. His name is Alan Akcroyd-Isales. He is a DNA Analyst with DNA Labs International.

Akcroyd-Isales tells the prosecution that he has worked on roughly 30,000 samples. He has testified as an expert witness in other jurisdictions. Court has deemed him qualified to testify as an expert in this case.

Akcroyd-Isales conducted testing on a stain from a piece of sheetrock. Two samples were taken: one from the left bottom corner of the stain and one from the center of the stain.

Akcroyd-Isales tested DNA profiles for #HarmonyMontgomery, #AdamMontgomery and Crystal Sorey (Harmony's mother) with the stain samples.

Akcroyd-Isales says testing showed the stain was 1.1 trillion times more likely to come from #HarmonyMontgomery and one unknown person than two unknown people. Breaking it down for the jurors, he says that shows strong support that Harmony was a contributor to the stain.

Akcroyd-Isales DNA profiles of Adam and Crystal were deemed to be low contributors to the stain.

Akcroyd-Isales also tested two rails screwed together. He says the DNA profile sample from the rails is 1.4 trillion times more probable to be from #HarmonyMontgomery than an unknown person. He tells the jurors that's strong support that Harmony was a contributor.

Under cross-examination by the defense, Akcroyd-Isales says he can't say with certainty that the DNA on the sheetrock and rails is from Harmony. But he says the likelihood ratio is so high, he can comfortably conclude it was from Harmony.

1708031680973.png

Akcroyd-Isales has been excused as a witness. We're in a 15-minute recess.

@TimCalWMUR

We're now back with testimony from Emily Thompson. She previously worked with #AdamMontgomery at Portland Pie Company in Manchester before the restaurant closed in 2020.

1708031765738.png

During brief questioning by the state, Thompson says she saw #AdamMontgomery either bring a bag into a walk-in cooler at the restaurant or take a bag out of the cooler. She says it's been a long time, so memory is fuzzy. Defense has no questions. She's excused.

Cameron Gibne also worked with #AdamMontgomery at Portland Pie Company. He is testifying that he saw Adam bring a bag into the walk-in cooler on several occasions. He says the bag was typically kept on a lower shelf in the cooler.

1708031790578.png

Prosecutors have accused Adam of storing his daughter's body in the restaurant cooler in the months following her death. The state is finished with questioning Gibne. Defense has no questions for him. He is excused.

We are now taking another unexpected break. Judge tells the jury that the defense has raised an issue that the court needs to sort out. Judge has stepped off to read what the defense has submitted. When she returns, she'll hear arguments from both sides.

It appears the defense filed a motion to reconsider this morning. Adam's attys. are asking the judge to reconsider allowing Home Depot purchases to be entered in this trial. There is also another sealed motion. So unclear which one they'll discuss when we return.

1708031816604.png

The judge is now taking up arguments on this motion. The purchases in question are: a forty-pound bag of lime for $4.37, a Milwaukee M18 Fuel 18V Brushless Cordless “fuel grinder”, a 4.5 Diablo blade and M18 battery, totaling $396.35.

These items were purchased at the Manchester Home Depot on February 26, 2020 by an unknown person. They were paid for with $400 in cash.

Defense says Kayla Montgomery testified only seeing a bag of lime, scissors and a circular saw in the family's apartment on Union Street. Pros. accused Adam of reducing Harmony's body in the bathroom of the apt. Defense notes Kayla never saw any new tools in the house.

Defense also says there is no evidence showing that the bag of lime in the Montogmery's apartment was purchased at the Manchester Home Depot.

State argues that there was a withdrawal of money from at a Citizens Bank on the same day of the Home Depot purchases. Pros. notes the bank is less than a mile from the Home Depot. Also says a call for service was made at the family's apt. the day after the purchases were made.

Judge says she thinks state has shown that the Home Depot purchases are relevant to this case. Motion to reconsider is denied. Judge will allow the state to bring in the information from Home Depot.

We're now hearing from Eugene Robert "Bob" Wasson. He is a former manager at the Manchester Home Depot. He was working in Feb. of 2020 when the tool purchases were made.

1708031911112.png

Wasson tells the prosecutor that the total amount for the tools was $396.35. He says they were paid for with $400 cash.

During cross-examination, Wasson tells the defense that receipts do not provide identification of the purchaser. Also notes that camera footage is stored for some time but could not say how long.

Defense asks Wasson if lime is sold at other stores. He says yes. Wasson's testimony is over.

@TimCalWMUR

Det. Max Rahill is now on the stand. He helped process the room at the homeless shelter where the Montgomery family lived. This is where prosecutors allege Adam hid Harmony's body in the ceiling.

1708032095866.png

Det. Rahill is now discussing bank receipts from an account belonging to Kayla Montgomery. Rahill says $500 was withdrawn from the account. Withdrawal happened at a bank less than a mile from the Manchester Home Depot on the same day when tools were purchased.

1708032119228.png

Rahill says police requested video from transaction, but the bank did not have it. Request was made years after transaction.

We're now seeing a receipt from the Home Depot purchased that Det. Rahill obtained from the store.

1708032140701.png

There's a 22-minute difference between the time money was withdrawn from the account and when the tools were purchased.

Court is breaking for lunch. Jurors will return in an hour.

Back from lunch recess. Prosecution is continuing with its questioning of Det. Rahill. He testifies that he requested surveillance footage from Home Depot for the day the tool purchases were made. He says he could not obtain the footage because the date was too far back.

On cross-examination the defense brings up an interview b/t Det. Rahill and Kayla Montogmery. Rahill tells defense Kayla never mentioned Adam purchasing any tools. His testimony is over.

We are now hearing from a maintenance man for the Montgomery family's Union Street apartment. He says he was called to their home for a clogged drain in the bathtub.

1708032167400.png

Now on the stand is Brendon Middleton. He is currently an inmate at the Hillsborough House of Corrections. He tells prosecutors that he rented a UHaul for his friend, Travis Beach in March of 2020. The UHaul was being used to move furniture.

1708032188884.png

The UHaul was rented on 3/3/2020 with 5,092 miles on the odometer. It was returned on 3/4/2020 with 5,225 miles on the odometer. This testimony is important because prosecutors claim that #AdamMontgomery used a UHaul to take Harmony's remains somewhere in the spring of 2020.

Middleton says he gave the UHaul to Travis at a gas station and never saw the UHaul again. He was not the person who returned the UHaul. Tells prosecutors he did not know Adam or Kayla Montgomery at the time.

No questions from the defense for Middleton. He has been excused.

We’re now hearing from Rose Smith. She works for a company that provides non-emergency medical rides. She says she started driving Adam and Kayla in December 12 of 2019.

1708032302712.png

Smith says she drove the whole family that day. She took them to the methadone clinic and Manchester. Smith says she stayed in the car with Adam and Kayla’s two boys while they went into the clinic.

Smith says she only saw the two boys. Harmony was not with the family. She’s now getting into a ride she gave to Kayla and Adam in 2020. She says Kayla had a black eye. Smith says it’s a ride she’ll never forget.

Smith says she took Adam and Kayla to the clinic. She says when they returned them to their Union Street apt. she gave Kayla her phone to call for help. Adam was walking away from the car at the time.

Smith says Adam turned around and approached her car. She says he was enraged. She claims Adam reached into her car and twisted her phone out of her hand. She reported the incident to her boss.

On cross-examination, the defense asks Smith what happened when Adam grabbed her phone. She says she told him that she was trying to help them. She says Adam "softened”.

On redirect, the state asks Smith to explain what she meant by softened. She says the anger in Adam's face went away but says the rage when he grabbed her phone was “very frightening”, “it was assault." Court is done for today.

I kinda checked the thread and if I missed this discussion. I apologize. Did you guys catch the balance in Kayla's account today during the investigator's testimony re the Home Depot transaction? Over 6 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Did I read that right? And did you see AM bought garden lime ($7) vs the hydrated lime ($40) you use for delaying decomposition and reducing odor?

I'm wondering if KM was fed up with cleaning up Harmony's accidents since I can't see AM doing it?
Hey wish bone,
I do not believe Kayla concerned herself with that because I believe it to be a lie. I believe Harmony's accidents only happened during the time of them living in the cars . <modsnip - that has not been alleged by LE/pros> At that time Kayla was feeding her self and children baby food to survive. Drugs over food. <modsnip - that has not been alleged by LE/pros>

Last edited by a moderator:
So far today:

Katie Swango (criminologist with the New Hampshire State Police Forensic Laboratory) was back on the stand after yesterday. She continued to testify about tests done on swabs taken from a Chrysler Sebring that the Montgomerys were living in at the time the state says Harmony was killed.

Scott Riley (former juvenile detective) testified about removing a ceiling tile from an apartment at "Families in Transition" (FIT), where the Montgomery family lived for a short time. He said that it was apparent from the odor that something had been decomposing there.

Manchester Police Det. Ray Lamy (lead detective in crime scene processing) testified that he processed the Audi the the Montgomerys stayed in as well as ceiling tiles from the FIT apartments they stayed in after Harmony died.

Rachel Radwich (works for Manchester PD's evidence unit) testified about cutting sections of ceiling tile. She says those sections were sent down to DNA Labs International in FL. She said while working on the ceiling tiles, she could smell a pungent, rotting scent. She said the scent is familiar to her. She associates it with decomposition. She often smells it when working crime scenes with a body.

Kevin McMahon (retired criminologist for the NH State Police Forensic Lab) is on now. He said he tested several items for blood connected to this case. Items that came up negative for the presence of blood include a section of carpet from a car trunk, a T-shirt and a cooler. He told prosecutors he also tested four sections of a stained area of drywall. He said those 4 parts tested positive for the presence of blood. McMahon is now under cross-examination by the defense.
I kinda feel sick thinking about where they are leading us. They had a theme in mind with the whole following KM and AM with dna swab kits -picture they are drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72