Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* Arrest* MEDIA ONLY

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 9, 2022
'We just want her home': Uncle of missing 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery reported abuse (fox13news.com)
KM, of New Port Richey, says his seven-year-old niece Harmony has a smile that always lights up the room.

"She's special and we just want her home and she is loved," KM said.

[...]

KM feels DCYF did little to protect his niece. He previously reported abuse to DCYF telling police about an incident in July 2019 when he noticed Harmony with black eye.

"There's tons of people out there that love her and we fought. There was only little we could do," KM said.

[...]

"Family and children services they failed her from the beginning. I just I don't get it I mean the evidence was just so much," KM said.

[...]

JAN 9, 2022
‘No one listened to me’: Mother of Harmony Montgomery says child services in 2 states ‘failed her daughter’ | Manchester Ink Link

[...]

Sorey explained that in 2018 she “slipped up” and went into another drug recovery program in Lowell, Mass. Harmony was 4 and her younger brother Jamison, about 18 months old when she was told they would not reunify her with her children. She lost custody of both children to the state of Massachusetts. Both children were placed in foster care. Eight months later, full custody of Harmony was granted to Adam Montgomery, who was married to Kayla Montgomery with whom he had three children. Jamison, who has a different father, became eligible for adoption and was adopted in November of 2019.

Sorey said that when she learned Montgomery had been given custody in February of 2019, she immediately tried to intervene on Harmony’s behalf, questioning the rationale for placing Harmony with her father, who had been in and out of trouble with the law since he was a teenager.

“I told DCYF a million times it was not a good idea. I knew something would happen. Nobody listened to me. I told them this man shouldn’t have her. He’s short-tempered with her. He had a short temper with me. He was very controlling, he was controlling with me and I knew with Harmony being his first-born, he had some kind of spite over me. His own blood family said the same thing – ‘Did you even look at his record?’ No. He barely went to visits. He barely tried.”

[...]

“He never wanted to do any kind of co-parenting for her, it was always about what he could get out of having her,” Sorey said. “It was never for her. It was always out of spite,” Sorey said.

[...]

JAN 9, 2022
Search at Manchester home where Harmony Montgomery was last seen continues (wmur.com)
[...]

Manchester police told News 9 they will continue searching the property on Gilford Street Monday. ...

[...]

"Our relationship with that side of the family, Harmony's caretakers, was strange. So we haven't gotten no pictures, no conversations, no nothing," KM said.

KM said he did speak up before Harmony's disappearance was announced.

"Some of the people that loved her the most, we had no rights when it came to parents. We had no rights. Things were done. Reports were made," KM said.

[...]

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

FBI evidence team just left. Police now also pulling away.
Quote Tweet

lUhyFzZj_mini.jpg

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
· 1h
It appears the search is winding down at the house 7-year-old Harmony Montgomery was last seen in Manchester, New Hampshire. I'm watching as police and FBI teams appear to be packing up. Putting our story together for @NewsNationNow tonight.
12:07 PM · Jan 10, 2022·

JAN 10, 2022
FBI Evidence Response Team Working At Manchester Home | Bedford, NH Patch
[...]

On Saturday specialty equipment was brought in from a Woburn, Massachusetts, company. The equipment was described to have the capability to map ground areas and concrete slabs looking for voids. Later that day large tarps were brought to the scene and unloaded near the house.

On Sunday a unit used at construction sites to thaw the frozen ground was at the scene. The tarps that had been brought on Saturday covered the backyard and the unit in the driveway was running heat to the area under the tarps.

[...]

Brian Entin on Twitter
FBI Evidence Response Team is here at the Harmony Montgomery search in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Police thawed the frozen ground in the backyard with hot water piping. Tents set up now.

Tim Callery on Twitter
Manchester Police and the FBI are back on Gilford Street in Manchester, searching the last known address of #HarmonyMontgomery. Investigators appear to be focused on the backyard of the home.

JAN 10, 2022
Police visited home where missing NH girl was last seen alive 13 times over five month period – Boston 25 News
[...]

Police reports obtained by 25 Investigates through a public records request show Manchester PD got 13 calls for service to 77 Gilford Street between June and November of 2019. Most were for domestic violence, animal, and building complaints.

On August 5th, a neighbor called “concerned about a young child living at that address.” At the time the house was up for auction and the caller alleged there was “no electricity, just a small generator and there is trash everywhere.” The police reports also show that New Hampshire’s Division for Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) was called in to check conditions too. According to the report, “Everyone’s home, generator is running, food in the house, they are healthy. All is well.”

[...]

JAN 10, 2022
Harmony Montgomery's mother: Officials 'dropped the ball' (newsnationnow.com)
[...]

“I’m not gonna sit here and act like I’m innocent,” Sorey said. “I’m a recovering addict. When I gave birth to her, I didn’t know nothing about being a parent. I didn’t know nothing about getting in recovery. But I never stopped trying. I always went into program after program after program trying to prove to her and my family that I wasn’t going to stop until I got better.”

Sorey has since regained sobriety, court records show. She now says officials “dropped the ball on this one” and “let it slip through the cracks.”

The search for Harmony continued Monday as investigators looked through her last known home in Manchester, and used hot water to thaw the ground so they could dig.

Sorey said she doesn’t believe officers will find anything in the home, and her gut tells her Harmony is still alive.

[...]

JAN 10, 2022
News9 obtains emails from missing girl's mother sent to mayor's office (wmur.com)
[...]

Crystal Sorey, the mother of the 7-year-old that has been missing for two years, wrote an email to the Manchester mayor's office on Dec. 29.

"Please, I'm begging for help in finding my daughter before she ends up like that little boy that just passed away," Sorey said. The boy Sorey referred to is Merrimack 5-year-old Elijah Lewis, who was found dead October in Massachusetts.

Sorey said Harmony's father Adam Montgomery never enrolled his daughter in school.

"She's missed important doctor's appointments she's had since a baby due to a disability in her eye," Sorey said.

[...]

News9 Investigates obtained service calls and police reports for the address from 2018 to 2021. Officers were called to the house 29 times, and DCYF was notified four of those times.

Sorey said DCYF did nothing to help her find Harmony in a follow-up email sent Jan. 2.

"DCYF failed my child 100%, and everyone in our family will vouch for that," Sorey said.

[...]

Christopher Gavin on Twitter
NEW: Per court docs, prosecutors will not prosecute Kayla Montgomery for welfare fraud. INSTEAD, they plan to charge her with theft by deception (another Class A felony) and "an additional eight misdemeanor charges." Charges expected sometime today. #HarmonyMontgomery

9:18 AM · Jan 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

Pilar Melendez on Twitter
NEW: Prosecutors expected to charge #HarmonyMontgomery's stepmom, Kayla, with "a class A felony theft by deception, and an additional eight misdemeanor charges" today after getting DHHS info. They will not, however, prosecute the welfare fraud charge. THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE (nh.gov)
9:18 AM · Jan 11, 2022·Twitter Web App

JAN 11, 2022
Stepmom In Missing New Hampshire Girl Case Has Charge Revised | Concord, NH Patch
[...]

A judge set Kayla Montgomery's bail at $5,000 cash with several conditions.

Late Friday, however, the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services informed prosecutors it had found "additional documentation that potentially raised concern for the offense level of the welfare fraud charge." Officials did not say specifically what the information was. But a review led prosecutors to communicate with Kayla Montgomery's defense about the new evidence. Prosecutors said new charges would be filed in Hillsborough County Superior Court North.

Once bail was set on the new charges, the original welfare fraud charge will be nolle prossed.

[...]

Prosecutors countered on Tuesday that the bail should not be changed since a Class A theft charge was one of the nine new charges.

"In his motion, defense counsel argues that the issue of bail should be reopened based on the state's information that the defendant would no longer be charged with a Class A felony," prosecutors told the court in a filing. "However, because the defendant will remain charged with a Class A felony (albeit under a different statute), as well as an additional eight new criminal charges, the defendant's motion should be denied and bail should remain as set."

The court is expected to consider the matter on Tuesday.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back